OMG nerf this and OMG nerf that

E

edoa

Re: Re: Tss

Originally posted by Nfr
hehe you know a bds power bar wont last to kill you 4 other albs then 4 mobs lol its just rediculus

Even if he Used both MCL and his full power Ra theres no way he has enought power to do that so pls go troll somwhere else kthxbye.

Thats what I tought to.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by soullessminion
yes please nerf my uber insta Lt, coz 89 (-101) vs every hib grp i meet is far to powerfull for a class that spent every spec point for that dd :p

You meet resists like all of us. And while you interrupt their casters your group could try and perhaps take out them ?

E

edoa

Pfft

Originally posted by soullessminion
yes please nerf my uber insta Lt, coz 89 (-101) vs every hib grp i meet is far to powerfull for a class that spent every spec point for that dd :p

Ive had 0(-350ish) against HIBs but I dont whine about it.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by halgaard
Everyone should have a chance against any other class in someway.

Not really - it's more like paper / stone / scissors - (assasins kill casters, tanks kill assasins, casters kill tanks) I'm over simplifying I know, but you get the gist.

Also some classes will never be able to solo anyone, such as Healers and Bards who simply do not have any real offense but make a huge difference in helping their group kill.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
If you see a Highlander you don't think: OK, that's a caster. Well, with a troll that's possible now

Well if the troll is wearing cloth (and all troll BDs seem to wear pointy hats too for some reason ;) )
Also the long line of skeletons running along behind him should also be somewhat of a clue ;)

E

edoa

Originally posted by parisienscot
Not really - it's more like paper / stone / scissors - (assasins kill casters, tanks kill assasins, casters kill tanks) I'm over simplifying I know, but you get the gist.

Also some classes will never be able to solo anyone, such as Healers and Bards who simply do not have any real offense but make a huge difference in helping their group kill.

Actually ive seen healers kill alot of peeps the ones ive seen was able to heal himself while the guy was hitting him(crazy dex?)

B

Brisk Mordain

you have the cheek to say BD's needs nerfing when your a necro... LOL! a pure warrior cant solo a necro cause of the life leach you have all you necro's need to do is press 1 button and the pet leaches hp and heales itself when it hits the target and you can also use health regen on them too.

EDIT: and dont say Zerkers can cause they wont anymore after the next patch cause you already whined about LA if BD's get nerfed now im leaving DAoC cause of albs you sad gits are wrecking the game for everyone

P

pez

We're fixing the game :)

Besides Albion is alot more valuable commercially then Midgard

E

edoa

Hah

Originally posted by Brisk Mordain
you have the cheek to say BD's needs nerfing when your a necro... LOL! a pure warrior cant solo a necro cause of the life leach you have all you necro's need to do is press 1 button and the pet leaches hp and heales itself when it hits the target and you can also use health regen on them too.

EDIT: and dont say Zerkers can cause they wont anymore after the next patch cause you already whined about LA if BD's get nerfed now im leaving DAoC cause of albs you sad gits are wrecking the game for everyone

Play a necro and come back with a nerf whine please.

S

soullessminion

Originally posted by edoa
Actually ive seen healers kill alot of peeps the ones ive seen was able to heal himself while the guy was hitting him(crazy dex?)

yes but you have also seen 1 bd have enough power to kill 5 players at once with life tap too :p

B

Brisk Mordain

if i hadnt played a necro then how would i know yabout only needing to use leach life and health regen think before you type

E

edoa

Well

Originally posted by Brisk Mordain
if i hadnt played a necro then how would i know yabout only needing to use leach life and health regen think before you type

Well if you have played Necro properlly you would know that health regen isnt necessary and that its really hard to kill people wqith high spirit resist and you would then need to use pow or life tap before they goes into melee with you.

H

halgaard

lol i find it very funny when people call necro's overpowered in rvr
yes a necro can and will kill a s/s specced tank 1v1 just like assasins kills casters :great:

H

hellsvip

Bonedancers an insta lifesteal on a caster is too powerful sure give them a castable lifesteal but not an instant i win button vs another caster should be a fair fight with casters not 1 able to kill the other without even thinking twice then the heal pets at the back do not even try defend their strength, other classes melee pets are comparable to the bone commander the fact he has 2 healers at the back to heal himself and the bonedancer and due to the fact most people will ignore pets to kill the bonedancer you argue, "Well they should kill pets first" So if according to you they killed pets they get to suffer you full wrath while the pet is healed by the other two. Bonedancers need balancing they need to be more group friendly and less built to go around killing any class 1on1.

Necromancer a close call necros are overpowered to an extent but they get really messed up by bugs. Pet sight problems the fact their pets take dmg like its a mob!! but they make up for it as i see necros casting while the pet is in melee so really necro pet should just be the caster, hit pet stop necro casting but in return i would like to see the pet have the bonuses from the necromancers armour ie resists bonus hp etc. So necro gains the bonus of he hits as a mage has hp and resists like a tank but his pet as his link is interruptable just like a mage before any complaints you are able to fight back due to pet melee, it sucks yes but if you do not like it get out of shade mode and use your staff before even thinking of responding to me about pet melee dmg.

Balance both as both are too strong to their non si counterparts

P.S if you want my views on animist i will be in the oven due to i am going to have more flames than a barbeque in 10 mins.

H

hiban

playing a BD is as hard now as it was to play necro when they could nuke thru walls... calling ppl who play them stupid is to call yourself even dumber- sorry, but its the truth.

Sure.. in 1 on 1 i can actually press F6 and do a /stick and go get coffee (if its a pure melee tank class that is)... but when 3 ppl jump me at the same time i cant do that. i actually have to check out what classes im facing and kinda need to know what they are capable of... Need to make sure they cant nuke and heal and if poss strafe around to prevent them from getting side based styles in etc... Also need to controll pets in those situations and send on classes that can stop me from winning the fight by healing/stunning/nuking etc. Its a shitload of clicking and i have to keep my eyes open for any activity that might end up with me tasting the grass.
And im not immortal. Have died from PAs, bolts, friars, DoTs... u name it. Im not saying its rocket science, i know it aint. Still calling it "click and win" is as far from any reality u can come.

How hard is YOUR class? How many styles have u got? how many of em are u actually using? How many bolts have u got? Which of your DoTs stack with the AE one? Does it take skills to AE mezz at bolt range and pick ppl out, one by one. or is MoC+ spam pbae only for the educated boys? Does CCing make u sweat hours after you turned the comp off?

When u look at it that way, NO class is very hard to play.

and _NO_ im _NOT_ saying that playing bd is hard, so dont flame me for that. ty for taking your precious time.

E

edoa

Originally posted by hellsvip

Necromancer a close call necros are overpowered to an extent but they get really messed up by bugs. Pet sight problems the fact their pets take dmg like its a mob!! but they make up for it as i see necros casting while the pet is in melee so really necro pet should just be the caster, hit pet stop necro casting but in return i would like to see the pet have the bonuses from the necromancers armour ie resists bonus hp etc. So necro gains the bonus of he hits as a mage has hp and resists like a tank but his pet as his link is interruptable just like a mage before any complaints you are able to fight back due to pet melee, it sucks yes but if you do not like it get out of shade mode and use your staff before even thinking of responding to me about pet melee dmg.

Well well cookiemonster did you know why the necros can cast while in melee? well never tought about checkign their spells before whining about a nerf? tried playing the class?

NO NO NO

They got a quickcast option that cna be used every 30 sec and that is EXTREMLY buggy but can be used by any experienced necro.

H

hiban

Those who got spanked in DF by one bd alone must have been the <ALLbionN ELIT3 SQKVADD> Masters of spelling and pulling tougher mobs than they can handle. Theres no chance in hell one bd can kill 5 active ppl solo... you MIGHT be able to get 1 down. By then the others have removed your bt and have got in positions to hit/DoTed/sent pets/ started nuking long ago. After 2 ppl, your mana is down to almost nothing and u start to worry. and u hopefully understand that u dont take out 2 or 3 active ppl in melee as a caster class... no matter how many healers u can summon.

I dont doubt u saw 1 bd take out 5 ppl, its not impossible- BUT: instead of calling them overpowered beyond all limits... think about what the 4 or 5 albs did at the situation? did they line up to protect the healers/casters and slammed and nuked or did they just sit on their assses, getting spanked 1 by 1? I cant handle 4 ppl at the same time. Sometimes 2 is enough to kill me. and that is at lvl 35- they say bds dont get much more powerfull at 50 (i dunno, but then it makes u wonder even more) So how did he handle 5?

Me and a friend went to the alb side of DF once. When we got there we killed 2 of 5 ppl hitting a mob. We got em down and kinda had to laugh at what the other 3 did... they sat down to rest up... They had not noticed that we had come up from behind, killing 2 from their own grp. And they must have missed the spamming in /g about us killing, cuz they sat for long (or the 2 tanks were afk and the others thought they died by the mob, i dunno) So what i wanna know is: is the combo lvl 45 thane and skald overpowered?

Killing ppl with high spirit resistance as necro is hard? U think its much easier to kill ppl with high body resist as bd? The less damage our lifetap do, the less life we steal from it.

And about the pet commander. i can tell u that he is WEAK. he dont solo yellows in 4 hits. its a good defensive tank, as he can parry/evade/block and got healing. But his damage output is lower than a paladins. at 35 my commander was 27 or 28. u say a lvl 28 do much damage to u at 35? then you are gimped. Its not the commander thats overpowered.

H

hellsvip

Wonderful comment to cookie monster normally i would need to retaliate with a riposte comment, a shame that i have watched a warder necromancer. Under attack from a shadowblade continue to cast throughout the fight. According to you this is impossible and according to realm rank its impossible for the necro as a warder to have mastery of concentration. So please pray tell why this necromancer was casting again and again pure luck good timing or just plain buggy. Again i hold it down to just necromancer being buggy at the moment but i am still happy the necro won the fight as i don't like the way stealthers have become an infestation, but as i repeat i have seen a necro chain cast in a fight without moc and you can not quickcast every 3 seconds as the timer is 30 something we can both agree on :) I just think half these arguements would not be necessary if mythic fixed the classes the first time around instead of releasing things that were not in balance and were plain to see were not in balance.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Oh dear god, Hellsvip - did you play a minstrel by that name over on alb/pry ages ago (this time last year)...

If so hello! :D Its Missing Clue (the gimpy scout) from Dogs of War, I go on bloody holiday and when I come back Breathing has buggered off, lovebunny has quit the game, the 40+'s all left to SotL and you and peacebringer had disappeared so I moved to excal...

B

brite

Re: Re: OMG nerf this and OMG nerf that

Originally posted by Puppetmistress

BD takes no skill, I am sorry. Everyone can press the insta-lifetap button every 4 seconds.

I am not even trying to attack a BD anymore with my scout unless I am sure he has no BT up and standing still so I can try a critshot and hope to kill him before he does /face and insta nuke from range 1500.

Sure you can kill the pets but: How long does it take for the BD to spot you and starting nuking/interrupting you.

About the rest: Bollocks. It's piss-easy to kill someone with an archer class. If you play smart hunters and rangers also got a 'get out of jail card' in their magic line in the form of a speed-spell.

You stealth and see a target: You check target his armour and choose appropiate arrows. You wait till he either stands still or, if you feel confident, try with normal shots. Otherwise stand-still, critshot. Sorry, but it's easy.. I do it all the time, got no problems with it.

Agreed, but played a couple of stealther-classes now and it's not that hard. Stealth makes you quite uber in BG <you> pick the fight. It's a luxury alot of other classes don't have. In the BG's any stealther-class has a tremendous advantage.

BD is overpowered. Everything goes down unless:

a) He's out of mana.
b) He's outnumbered by more then 2 enemies.
c) He's stunned and diseased and meets someone who can deal lots of damage in little time (might be assassin).

You OBVIOSY dont know how to play a BD NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I KILL SOMEONE seriously SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY A BD PROPERLY we lose against some classes but they dont post about killing them beacuse they want them to be nerfed

H

hellsvip

Oh yes mr blitheringidiot i am also discovered on excal no server is safe from me. Currently i am going back to that old char i want it at 50 :) gradually finishing up unfinished work.

N

Nilcrops

Well, find a way to kill the BDs instead of whineing.
And the chance of a middie to find 1 alone alb should be about 1% so stop whineing about that, you albs always outnumber the mids and hibs.

E

edoa

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
Oh dear god, Hellsvip - did you play a minstrel by that name over on alb/pry ages ago (this time last year)...

If so hello! :D Its Missing Clue (the gimpy scout) from Dogs of War, I go on bloody holiday and when I come back Breathing has buggered off, lovebunny has quit the game, the 40+'s all left to SotL and you and peacebringer had disappeared so I moved to excal...

WHATTT Lovebunny left the game?

Saw her like 2 weeks ago tho(she joined the guild named shadowbreed(or created it))

B

Begach

Originally posted by halgaard
I havent yet had to opertunity to meet a bd in the real rvr, but ive heard they should be less overpowered at 50.

I have met a BD in RvR. I'm a battlebard (retards insert laugh here) and consider myself about as strong as a minstrel all in. Fights are pretty much equal (some get owned badly). I've in the past both killed and gotten savages to within a pix of dying without any kite or bullshit, just a straight melee fight. Here's how the BD fight went.

I opened with mezz and took out ALL of his pets, they where mezzed for the entire duration. With AM running he killed me solely with lifetap with about 50% dmg to himself as i fell. THAT is overpowered.

B.

B

BlitheringIdiot

When all pets where mezzed why didnt you just go for him?

S

soullessminion

I admit my bd spells are to overpowering.

My uber Ae pet buffs
My uber Ae Snare focus

ohh hang on both these are Ae on the delve but realy are single target :p

As to the 1 button class, and how hard a Archer is with all the skill required to choose wich arrows ROFL. A bd who just hits LT is a dead bd.

Example 1

All our Comanders can style, but the trick it to keep Comander in a position he will style often acording to weapon.

Just like Archers uber skills choosing arrow type we also must choose what weapons we use.

Example 2

When fighting an assassin, a bd who evenattempts to use his comander to melee or even worse his staff, is a very dead BD. By useing either its just inviting the infil to Dragon Fang you for 9 sec (may as well just turn your back, and bow)

Even fighting some tanks alowing pet or self to melee can be fatal, due to alch procs....

Before you yell nerf BD, play 1, and I dont meen in BG.

As for necro, they can kill a solo tank just as easy as Bd, if not easier. Life tap through pet works in melle, not to mention a good necro can cast 2 normal Life taps/power taps in melle, if they know how to time there Pain Working (necro version of QC, unlike QC its not 1 cast but a small amount of time to cast in mele)

Ps : before you yell play a Necro, i have thanks, was easiest cha i ever played, and taught me many tricks on how to kill the evil gits :p

Remember DaoC is a game, stop yelling nerf like spoilt brats every time you get killed. Over last few days have met several solo albs mainly mincers and palys, killed some died to others :) and totaly laughed my nuts off at a Mincer stun, mezz pets, DD, DD, stun ends SoS zooooooooom.

If you see me and i kill you i /kiss, if you kill me i just port back and keep trying, its a game try to enjoy.

pps I demand drug tests on all luri Ns, there all to small and hit far to fast, im sure hibs have a drug problem.

B

Begach

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
When all pets where mezzed why didnt you just go for him?

Read the post again. I did. He owned me straight tank just by hiting lifetap when it was available.........didn't even attempt to run. I take alot more dmg than i'd expect on an insta and he gets some life. Every 4 seconds. Was gay as fuck. Any other caster would have been dead 4 hits max and had little to 0 chance once i hit melee range. That insta lifetap is like giving MoC/slowish DD (but still hit fuckin hard)/and heal to a guy on 1 button. Without a doubt the stoopidest shit mythic ever came up with.

BD is the only class i've ever considered completely unviable to kill solo. You need a hybrid with long duration mezz and good frontloading to be able to do enough dmg fast enough. Minstrel/skald are possibilities but from my experiance against them solo they'd have little chance either. I can't see any other class killing one solo unless their dmg output is huge (zerker, hero, arms POSSIBLY but doubtfull with the healer pets uncontrolled).

Only upside is i don't think i ever saw one of those pets resist a mezz. It always seems to land an they take pretty much the full duration.

In summary i've solo'd against pretty much every class in the game an nothing short of VERY high RR would have killed this n00b BD solo (ie remi would have torn straight through him in seconds, a same RR (as BD) inf buffed or not wouldn't have stood a chance). So NO they aint easier an more balanced at lvl 50. They are still fooked up.

B.

B

BlitheringIdiot

Ah I got the wrong end of the stick, when you said "I opened with mezz and took out ALL of his pets" I took this to mean you killed his pets one by one after mezz, which would be a rather stupid thing to do.

Oh well, back to the OT forums...

P

pez

Originally posted by Begach
Minstrel/skald are possibilities but from my experiance against them solo they'd have little chance either.
B.

Can't answer for skalds but minstrels could only do it with alot of luck. First off they would have to get the jump on the bd. Bards have the luxury of an insta ae mez where as minstrels have to cast it. The problem in trying to cast this mez at the bd is if it sees you you're going to get interrupted since their insta dd/lifetap has the same range as both the casted aoe mez and flute song single mez.

So assuming the ae mez sticks and the pets are taken out of the equation the minstrel still has to do enough dmg and quickly, not the speciality of most minstrels and since the lifetap is the only thing to worry about the ablative is useless so basically the minstrel needs a high level pet. and even with all that luck and a complicated well timed twististingl its still likely to get owned by 1 button.

Users who are viewing this thread