omg at the usa moaners

C

Cala-more

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Roo, I'm sorry, but don't be absolutely fkin ridiculous. :p
You honestly telling me that a casual player can't spend 2 hours in DF to buy a cottage? No-one's forcing people to buy mansions or nothing, you know. 1p for a lot, 1p for a cottage, maybe a third plat for some amenities and decorations. Voila, a casual residence for a casual player...

now my friend go tell the yanks this

R

rynnor

I cant actually see anything in there that will make me buy one - 3 plat for a healer who gives you 25% discount sounds a bit steep?

If you take the cost of dieing at level 50 as 18 gold it means u have to die 666 times to break even - Arrgh 666 Mythic is teh Satan!!!!

T

The Real Redi

Originally posted by succi
You can farm 15p in a day , why moan ?

tell me where, please!!!! I've NEVER had more than i have now, and i presently have 800g including the 500 im holding for crafters in the order.

that took into account the particular economy of a given server

lets hope they realise that us europeans will never be able to compete with the yanks for numbers/amount of time online/amount of time farming their big wide american arses off, and review the prices slightly.

The prices for everything is fine, and i agree with the point of buying the lot being like an auction to stop everyone turning the landscape into a housing estate, but to have to pay first for the plot, then pay that much to build on it, then to pay the rent, fill it with bits and pieces etc...

even to get a standard villa, your looking at in excess of 500plat just to get it to a functional level... praps im just poor, but thats more than i expect i will ever hold in this life.

Lets face it, the only people with that kind of cash are SC'ers and LGM armour n weaponsmiths who have been at it for months, and living in poverty...

O

Ottar

> I cant actually see anything in there that will make me buy one

I can, two reasons in fact. 1st you can have yer consignment merc to get rid of yer surplus craftables. 2nd, with healer and ports to both SI and Svasud it makes for much better transportation system than was previously possible. Worth the money they ask for it? Debatable. Real problem is you cant get all the neccessary stuff into 1 cottage. Might have to buy a house for me bot as well, after all, the fat lazy bastard has kinda earned it ;)

Ottar

R

rynnor

Originally posted by Ottar
> you can have yer consignment merc to get rid of yer surplus craftables. 2nd, with healer and ports to both SI and Svasud it makes for much better transportation system than was previously possible.

I cant really see the consignment merchants selling much on Prydwen - we dont really have the population - I would just use them as extra vault space by chucking stuff on them at insane prices.

How does a house with healer and two port merchants beat binding at Aegir in the first place???

J

Jenkz

Theres NOT ACTUALLY ENOUGH ROOM for EVERYONE TO HAVE A HOUSE

1plat and 20g/week means everyone can have a house, even the casual players - but as sinister said the same will happen that happened in UO, there just WONT be room for everyone to have one, so unless you really desperatly want/need one i wouldnt bother.

I see them being useful for crafters with the consignment merchant, means i can craft a few 99% and MP sets and chuck em on that to flog wares...

J

Jenkz

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Whats consignment merchant do?

its a "player vendor", you stock it with goods you want to sell, and set their price.

people can then come and buy your shat off it whenever they want, and you can collect the cash later on.

D

Danya

Originally posted by The Real Redi
even to get a standard villa, your looking at in excess of 500plat just to get it to a functional level... praps im just poor, but thats more than i expect i will ever hold in this life.
Assuming you buy a lot for 95p.
Villa is then 50p, full set of merchants, healer, bind stone, etc. runs to about 25 plat.
That's a total cost of 145p for your villa, plus upkeep of 1p/week. That's assuming you buy a plot for 95p. Likely you can get one for half that or less taking the cost down below 100p. For a guild house that's not unreasonable.

I'm not sure where you learned to count but last I checked 145p is a lot less than 500p. Hell you can get a decent masion for just under 200p.

And don't forget, these are largely intended for guilds, not people, don't try to tell me your guild couldn't raise 100 plat.

G

granny

I think these prices are perfectly reasonable.

The lowest priced options are low enough for the average player to be able to afford and the highest priced options are set so as to be available to some guilds/alliances but probably not all.

As it should be in my opinion.

Average player, not a casual player possibly, but then mmorpg's are not aimed at casual players, the entire business model revolves around obsessive, addictive patterns of play.

G

Generic Poster

'tis the American Dream. Work like a dog, or live like one.

C

chretien

If I stopped giving my money away to other crafters I could afford a house with a decent set of merchants and fixtures from about 1-2 weeks worth of crafting orders - assuming I didn't pay more than about 5-6 plat for the plot. I wouldn't even notice the upkeep cost. I don't farm anywhere at all, I don't have alts and I try and RvR whenever I get the opportunity. Any level 50 who says they'll never see a dozen or so plat at once is either giving their money away or is missing something somewhere.
besides you don't even need to raise the money at once. Lets say you save 10 plat after a few days of farming and buy a good plot that takes most of that cash. you can then leave that plot bare until you can afford the house farm some more to raise funds for that. Plonk it down when you've got another ten plat and then add in the extras as and when youcan afford them. Sounds like a great system and I really have a hard time understanding the Americans who are bitching about the prices being too high and the game is tuined because they can't afford the moon on a stick.

Y

Yussef

Think I'll buy a mansion, need a goal or two in this game.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Granny and Generic are probably spot on in last 2 posts.

I think a smarter thing to help fund housing would be to make it possible to at least partially fund your house via realm quests. For instance, set missions that are deliberately on enemy frontiers and you can get a discount on your deed for service to the realm. If you think about it, this kind of thing happened in feudal eras anyway.

I don't think its the housing itself which will be the main problem: its the cash farming patterns people will become involved in that I believe will lead to a lot of unpleasantness.
Will also be interesting to see the state of your average keep door one month after housing gets released. And when it comes to relic keep doors ... ;)

Y

Yussef

Cash farming won't be much of an issue, people are farming all the time for spellcrafted gear, alchemised gear, funding their crafting, buying MP items etc. A good farmer can get like 1pp/hour if not more, do it now, save yourself some effort.

X

Xeanor

It's for guilds.

Mansion isn't just for you.

Unless you are very very rich of course....

2p = 40g per week from each player if you have a guild with 50 members.

That's not even close to expensive.

N

Nichneven

I'm american and even I'm laughing at that huge whine post. They're acting like they expect a mansion to be handed to them. And I agree - since mansions are meant for guilds it should be no problem if everyone in the guild contributes to the cost and rent.

I think the price for a cottage is reasonable too. :D

D

deffy

They'll whine at anything won't they? My 41 necro has 1.5p for christs sake...

L

Lambsbreed

I think i'll have a small little "house" somewhere nice located whenever this goes live. 10plat is really not so hard to collect, and 200g pr week upkeep = fairly cheap.

however the Villa would require somewhat better economy wich i don't believe i can afford, but some/quite a few might.

D

Driwen

only problem i see is that i cant afford a lot. As there the lots will most likely be all sold out when it hits 3p :p. But that is because apparently people CAN afford to pay such prices;).

H

hercules-df

I think the house prices are fine. Rent is a bit steep, Take away the rent and make us have to repair it or something. Dunno about the lot nonsense,
Would be better if, we rent the lot and build our own house on it,
We BUY the lot for a considerable about of cash and have not have to pay rent since we own the lot.?
If they put a proper economy into the game keeping a house going at thier prices without having to farm cash for hours a day would work.

They mustve known the prices of the mansion and villa + hideous rent would make ppl move to SWG early

H

hercules-df

also what is DF?
if you mean Midgard Falls, alb and hib will be full of guild cottages :D

K

kinag

Cottage deed, 1 platinum (1000 gold)

What the heck are they crying for? They say they cant afford a cottage, well wth, even I can afford a cottage after an hour in DF with a shaman, 1 Plat aint much at all, they can afford sc armor but not 1 plat Cottage? omg, dont understand why GOA/Mythic read the VN boards tbh...

H

hercules-df

1p is fine its the hideous lot cost thats the prob 95p starting, and by the time it gets to about 20p ppl will farm them, noway in hades will any lot get to 1p

I

illu

I'm going to have a roller disco in my house and maybe a spinning disco ball, and a jacuzzi out the back, and maybe a gambling / card room, and maybe some lovely women alts dancing for money so that I can pay my rent :)

What happens if you run out of money to pay the rent? Do they send some bulldozers in and then the plot becomes available again? Or do you get an auction and pick up a mansion for a cut price of 1g + a GA Spear?

Oli - ILLU

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by hercules-df
also what is DF?
if you mean Midgard Falls, alb and hib will be full of guild cottages :D

Muahaha! (Sorry Roo - cheque in post)

Oh and... how do they say een eengleesh? Oh yeah "Cry More!"

Users who are viewing this thread