omg at the usa moaners

C

Carlos Bananos

let em whine, if mythic give in means cheaper house for me ofc ;>

i think the prices are reasonable tbh...

C

Cala-more

lol iam reading it more they sound so paffetic. did they not read the 95 plat thing was only to prevent ppl rush buying. iam sure it will be lowered lotz in time to come. Is it me or are some of the ppl on a different game where a plat takes over a mmonth to farm.

D

Danya

I liked the "my guild can't afford a cottage" one, a guild with less than a plat... :p

T

The Kingpin

Cry me a god damn river,
they all whineing about Mansion price, umm hello, they are for guilds, so not ever average joe can have one.

Stupid Amercians.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Quality quote:

"Still only Mythic could take thousands of players and turn them into HOMELESS people in a single patch. "

Regardless of accuracy bloody funny :D

I do wonder about server pressure on the more common cash farming locations though. Expect a lot of lvl50s falling out and in DF farming groups even more hassle for non lvl50s getting anything other than xp.

And no matter how much you like to laugh at the Yanks they got one thing absolutely right:

Casual players are fucked.

C

Cala-more

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Quality quote:

Well look at it this way. PPl have a guild they pay a small precentage for the house...... so there is no problem

R

Roo Stercogburn

VN may be home of the whine, but American <> stupid.

However, we are just guessing at impact as we haven't actually tried it out yet and certainly not on the scale of a live server over a period of time.

20g per week is affordable for a player. But as soon as you put things in it it mounts up big style if you actually pay attention to the numbers. What is not clear is if you pay 2% per item you put into the home or just on certain items. If you pay on everything... eek big style.

You can argue its for guilds but... should it just be like that? I really don't think it should. I agree with some of the features being focused on guilds, but vaults? Good grief. (I'm hoping it means there are expanded vault rather than just a basic because otherwise there really is zero in a house worth having without starting to get yourself into a farming cycle).

I can't help thinking the way it has been done is to increase activity quite deliberately in the cash farming areas.

DF is going to be insane :/

Amusing though: the thing all players state that they hate about DAoC the most is being forced into repetitive tasks to achieve: Foundations will increase this type of activity rather than alleviate it.

O

old.Lythande

You only pay "rent" for the house, everything else is a one-time cost.

The rent costs per week of the houses are two percent of their initial cost, which works out to 20 gp, 200 gp, 800 gp, 2 pp in weekly rent based upon these prices.

All other items that you purchase will be priced as marked and will not have any upkeep costs.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/928.php

T

Tasans

Kids whining because they cant have the best house at the best location. Whats new about vn anyway?

S

SilverHood

lol, mythic forcing people to grind more to get the money for housing.

They have no clue

and yanks on VN boards come across as the stupidest people on the net... hell, even the people from the excal forum look bright compared to these guys.

A

-ag-bometal

You aren't forced to have a house

FFS stupid yanks

Does everyone life in mansion in real life ?

I dont think so

Djeezes such whiners...

O

Ottar

> Casual players are fucked.

By that logic, casual players already are and have been fucked for quite some time. I know, I met some in HW yesterday, folks that have 0 in melee resists and wearing funny hats to "enchance their casual playing experience". Only way such folks have chance against people with decent equippment and reasonable RR is if they manage to outnumber opposition.

On the other hand, take away rewards and advantages of NOT being a casual player and there will be no reason to be a non-casual one. Doing something in this game is not fun often enough to justify playing it. It's the virtual reward system that makes us do things.

Anyhow, compared to prices on RA's, housing prices seem very mild actually. Especially if you consider the bp -> gold conversion feature.

Ottar

O

Ottar

Btw.. anyone here has US account and access to Pendragon?

Q: How many merchants can one have in any type of those houses?

To make a functional house (if youre crafting), you'd need:

Healer
Consignment Merchant
Material Merchant
Svasud teleporter
SI teleporter

Thats 5 NPC's. Do these fit in a cottage? Consignment merc requires a porch, does that mean the porch adds 1 NPC hookpoint to a house?

Ottar

S

Sharma

Man they all sounds like total fuckwits.

OMG MY ALLIANCE WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO AFFORD A COTTAGE.

er, 1 plat?

people dont seem to realise its fairly easy for a guild to have 100plat+ and easy have made wll over 2 plat a week, i mean seriously the people on the VN boards who complain but be the thickest shits ever to step foot on the planet, they really need to get a grip.

N

)nick(

The end game, for many, is RVR and not PVE. So I'm rather dissapointed that they haven't included the option of payment through bountypoints.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by -nicolas-
The end game, for many, is RVR and not PVE. So I'm rather dissapointed that they haven't included the option of payment through bountypoints.

Same. I think Tesla was expecting the BP payment at first too.. :(

H

Hargh

Originally posted by Ottar
To make a functional house (if youre crafting), you'd need:

Healer
Consignment Merchant
Material Merchant
Svasud teleporter
SI teleporter

So at least people may still be found at the forge in SI? Surely the alst thing we want is everyone to be inside! Look at the weather man it's lovely out there! :D

Another quick point to be made: RvR must still be contested if only for rights to DF.

G

greenfingers

well, still I must say that 100p is a bit much for a single char, but for a whole guild, it's not actually ....

most guilds have bout 80-100 members ... or more ....
and if each member has like 1P on each of his lvl 50 char's .. that makes it like 2-3p .. for some less, for some more ...

so the guild can actually buy 2 Mansions with all the goodies and extras...

My guess will be that some guilds will put up a cottage in the frontier with a healer, bindstone, some merchants and a couple of teleporters. And then their main Mansion close to a horse merchant or Sauvage, with all the merchants and vault and all that other **** :D

M

mid-sinister

A single player could afford a mansion if he farmed 24/7 for a week with a buffbot+main account in DF, and then farmed a few hours one day a week to maintain the weekly 2 plat, you can almost bet some people will do this, really though, 1p for the cheapest house and they are whining, oh well, the cheapest houses in UO were really cheap, you just couldnt find a spot to place it unless you did regular idoc house searches. The prices actually are kind of like UO prices were too, 1p for the cheapest (uo was like 10,000, but was easier to obtain than 1p)

100x 10,000 for the most expensive, 1 million, 100x 1p for the most expension, 100 plat. I really dont know what they are whining about, wait until a day or 2 passes, they will be whining about not having land to build there cottage on ^_^

M

mid-sinister

"My guess will be that some guilds will put up a cottage in the frontier with a healer, bindstone, some merchants and a couple of teleporters. And then their main Mansion close to a horse merchant or Sauvage, with all the merchants and vault and all that other "

I am afraid mythic took the lame way, as much as i would like to be able to put my house whereever i bloody want, they made a set zone for each realm to build there houses in, dont expect anything but a huge zone full of houses

O

Ottar

> The end game, for many, is RVR and not PVE. So I'm rather
> dissapointed that they haven't included the option of payment
> through bountypoints.

I think you missed something. As Sanya said, tokens (I assume deeds ans such as well as weekly payments) can be payed for with personal bounty points, 1 bp = 1g. An average rr5 char has somewhere around 20 to 40 plats worth of bp's to play with.

And instead of making broadcast macros in hagall or bothering people silly enough to be LGM's and non anon, you can now run around checking out consignment mercs.

Ottar

S

Shike

heh i dunno, maybe i am odd but i have never found cash to be a problem at all in daoc nomatter which realm i have been in.

20p is reasonable for a nice house i think. 100p shouldnt be a problem for a good guild either. In nordic fury in mid where i lead a raid in DF with 3FGs we gathered 26p in 3 hours in seals worth. So 100p really aint that much I think. Just my opinion.

B

Blood

Repeat after me:

you do not have to buy a house!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A HOUSE!

housing is fluf that you can blow your money on. :) but noone really need a house

/hug Roo

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by Blood
Repeat after me:

you do not have to buy a house!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A HOUSE!

housing is fluf that you can blow your money on. :) but noone really need a house

/hug Roo

lol yes point taken.

But...

Its not just the buying the house and the bits and pieces to go with it I'm thinking of. Its the increased activity in cash farming areas. I fully expect the larger guilds to become increasingly ruthless about cash hunts to finance a guild house with all the bits to go with it.

It really will be interesting to see the effects once its been running for a month or so :)

On a sidenote, I know from experience that often a problem in guilds is that it is a dilligent few who contribute to the things that make a guild run, while the majority don't. I wonder if the pressure will increase on these players with housing and there will be a few fall-outs in guilds since it really is the first time in game that if you have one of these things that you have to produce regularly to finance the upkeep.

B

Blood

with the admission system thats integrated, you could have 1 player with 250-300 plat, that on day 1 buys the best positioned lot at the entrance to the zone, buys the biggest mansion, puts every merchant, porter, vault etc in it, then starts charging admission fee, fx. 100g pr. player pr. week, for access to every possible feature in one place.

On a small server as Prydwen, this ofcourse wont make a surplus of gold, but hey if we are lucky they will lower prices to 1/4'th because we are such a small server. (its not like we have any guilds with 100+ active players anymore (except LOE maybe))

O

old.LandShark

And no matter how much you like to laugh at the Yanks they got one thing absolutely right:

Roo, I'm sorry, but don't be absolutely fkin ridiculous. :p
You honestly telling me that a casual player can't spend 2 hours in DF to buy a cottage? No-one's forcing people to buy mansions or nothing, you know. 1p for a lot, 1p for a cottage, maybe a third plat for some amenities and decorations. Voila, a casual residence for a casual player...

Users who are viewing this thread