OLD FRONTIERS - Old Glory?

Do you think Old Frontiers should be back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
P.S. whoever who didn't vote, go ahead! no one will blame you of doing it :D feel free for it (don't if u don't really want to participate)

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
About to finish this Poll and result seems 68,8% people want OF back and 30,30% thinks not, don't hesitate to vote if you already didn't, thanks :D

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
I'd consider old frontiers if they rolled back to that time and took away all of the artis, CL, ML's etc

However - it will NEVER happen :( This game has developed the kind of player who isn't always a casual player but plays their class to the max.

I think most players care more about being good at their class / being "leet" than about the casual fun daoc once was. Those days will always be a rose tinted reminder about how games don't always need expansions to keep the enjoyment level :cheers:

/bow

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I think most players care more about being good at their class / being "leet" than about the casual fun daoc once was. Those days will always be a rose tinted reminder about how games don't always need expansions to keep the enjoyment level :cheers:

/bow

I disagree, I think that has died down.

I think 'social status' in an online game is what drove people to 8v8, solo and have some in game pride etc, but that type of playstyle seems to be at an all time low on Ywain.

I think now people want to achieve realm points, no matter what and will do anything they can to get them.

I think now more than ever, people do not play their chars to the max, Laby is a perfect example as a stealther, you find tons of stealthers who seem to not have capped resists, dont use the right poisons...etc etc. In Lab it's rare that I get hit with disease or ws & con/dex debuffs.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie

I think 'social status' in an online game is what drove people to 8v8, solo and have some in game pride etc, but that type of playstyle seems to be at an all time low on Ywain.

I think now people want to achieve realm points, no matter what and will do anything they can to get them.

I think now more than ever, people do not play their chars to the max, Laby is a perfect example as a stealther, you find tons of stealthers who seem to not have capped resists, dont use the right poisons...etc etc. In Lab it's rare that I get hit with disease or ws & con/dex debuffs.

Fair point - I've not played for a while - so I stand corrected.

I think its your third paragraph which has lost the "old school" feel about daoc. Once upon a time the whole rp wasn't a huge deal - it was a bonus from working with mates to achieve things in game. Now its like a addiction -I MUST HAVE THEM AT ALL COSTS! :lol:

Glad I got out along time ago - think I'd hate daoc now :(

/bow

Genedril

Part of the furniture

Agree - unfortunately Ywain is far less about playing well (either as a solo or in a group) and is now about zerging or leaching as many of the holy rp that you can lay your hands on.

Basically the games gone full circle but the people playing it these days like to brag / blow their own trumpet / act like a cock which was quite rare in the good old days. The 'I pays my subs so f**k off' brigade has won out :(.

{edit} I'm sure it's really not that bad but being duo'd by a rr11 bard and rr 8 hero while on a rr2 minstrel really doesn't make me think much of Ywain (especially as I won).

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Last day to vote on this poll, at the moment still close to 70% people would like OF back, don't hesitate to participate and share your opinion, more than 70 people already voted! thanks :)

Fast

Part of the furniture
Voted yes. The main reason until recently why I was stuck in shardville for 2years. I would also be interested in a new new frontiers, like that will ever happen..:(

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Voted yes. The main reason until recently why I was stuck in shardville for 2years. I would also be interested in a new new frontiers, like that will ever happen..:(

Ouuiiii

Yer bang out of order here Dajvey, j00 'EEEArrr me??!

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks to 75 people who voted and everyone who commented, results are:

68% people want OF back somehow (updated, upgraded, etc)

30,66% people don't want it back (most of them because they think there is no place for it)

just a little % don't like any of it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
still far from 75%+ I thought it could be, so this also teachs how are the feelings about it actually, still most of the people miss them, that's a fact.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks again!! :) you can still debate although poll is closed :)

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I also miss OF and the old days. All the old memories. Altough I actually have many good and old memories after NF aswell. Tbh all of my memories of the game are old. I got mostly good memories, and some bad ones, of both NF and OF. Most of the bad memories are conflicts within the community and has nothing to do with the game design.

Conflicting playstyles and people trying to dictate how other people should play. I can't really remember wich time period had the most lack of tolerance between players. Sometimes even hatred within the realms. Huge alliances have been broken, and guilds have perished for this reason. Ofc many have also gone because of the disability or unwillingness to adapt to constant change. But luckily most players I've met have been nice people with whom I share most of my good memories. I'm thankful for all of them.

Now, I don't have the time to relive the past, as I don't spend much of my time in front of the computer anymore. I prioritize other more important aspects of life. Although I have reactivated to check out how the game and the community has developed. :)

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Andy Belford said:
Return to Cathal Valley!

Join combatants from across the Realms as Cathal Valley once more plays host to the Battleground Weekend Event on all Normal Ruleset servers. Cathal Valley will be open to all players, regardless of Character or Realm Level, with a 10% bonus to Realm Point gains earned while slaying your enemies. The Battleground Weekend Event starts tomorrow, 9/10/2010, at 3:00 PM EDT/21.00 CET and continues until 9/13/2010 at 11:00 AM EDT/17.00 CET.

We’ll see you in Cathal Valley!
OF is back for this weekend, see for yourself at The Camelot Herald.

Duze

Loyal Freddie
What is it for/what do you do? I missed the last one so no idea what kind of 'event' it actually is.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
What is it for/what do you do? I missed the last one so no idea what kind of 'event' it actually is.
There is a new npc in Svasud Faste who ports you to Cathal Valley, the new lvl49 battleground that looks like OF Emain. It's open for lvl50s until 17cest monday (tomorrow), so hurry up if you want to re-experience OF. ;)

I transferred last night and had a great evening of nostalgia. It's been so long since I played that it made me totally forget about NF, and that it ever existed. Even many of the same old players were there. :D

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Epic zerging.

Actually getting zerged in Cathal Valley is more fun than NF.

Duze

Loyal Freddie
Joined a random group with my druid. Well wasn't random, it was a guild group + me but no idea who they were, certainly not any guild from old EU servers.

Was a bit nostalgic, running around small areas, people having zerg fights or even 8v8 fights pretty much on top of each other, with stealthers popping all over the place.

Got a bit boring after a bit tho, due to the obscene amount of Mids vs Hibs/Albs tho I'm assuming 5relics has a lot to do with that :)

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
seems people said that OF are still on use (hidden) because some players chars are still stuck there, what do u think about OF event by Mythic? for a week could be funny

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Yes please give back milegate campers, the ywain zergs in OF emain and pbae through doors and walls

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom