News Oil prices soar again

Olgaline

FH is my second home
it'll be interresting to see if biodiesel will take off for real or if it's a passing thing.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
it'll be interresting to see if biodiesel will take off for real or if it's a passing thing.

If it does then it'll mean the death of millions of people and it wont solve the problem. We can never produce enough biodiesel to support our energy needs. Its a mistake we just cant afford right now.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The oil won't last forever. Its a finite resource. I think I'm right in stating that. So they'll come a time (perhaps not in our lifetimes or even our grand-childrens' lifetimes) when it will go. But by then they'll probably have synthetics that they can create on tap in unlimited amounts. Or maybe by then we'll all have electric cars...

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
If it does then it'll mean the death of millions of people and it wont solve the problem. We can never produce enough biodiesel to support our energy needs. Its a mistake we just cant afford right now.

The death of millions of people is probably actually the one thing we can afford right now, as i'm sure we will find out.

Lucius

Banned
Things will work out in the future I think (hope). With all the propaganda the younger generation are exposed to (at school, at home) I'm sure we'll find a way ^^.

Mey

Part of the furniture
As someone else in the thread stated earlier if they were to try and replace oil with nuclear energy the Uranuim we have would run out in a even shorter time then the oil as it is in even shorter supply then oil is.

Nuclear power is a safe bet for at least 200 years, with reprocessing of spent fuel it is quite self sufficient for our lifetimes and the next generation at least.

We should be investing in fusion technology which will deliver more energy more efficiently then nuclear power.

Currently France generates about 90% of their energy from Nuclear sources.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Nuclear power is a safe bet for at least 200 years, with reprocessing of spent fuel it is quite self sufficient for our lifetimes and the next generation at least.

We should be investing in fusion technology which will deliver more energy more efficiently then nuclear power.

Currently France generates about 90% of their energy from Nuclear sources.

Im guessing thats 90% of electricity.

And no, there is not enough uranium to solve the problem. It will be an important part of the solution but its not going to keep business running as usual.

This is the first time ive heard about reprocessing of nuclear fuel but im guessing this is one of those things where the EROEI is negative as it usually is with these revolutionary inventions. I think we would know more about it if it was viable.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To be honest, someone should figure out how to use nuclear waste as fuel for cars and such.

Would solve a big ol problem or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom