oh ye weather gods

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm in the Met Office 'red warning' zone. It's pretty fucking brutal, well over a foot of snow, several feet drifts and it still hasn't stopped.
You mean snowball weather?

You're scottish ffs! That's, like, midsummer's eve for you, surely? :eek:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
2 inches of snow and Dublin falls apart. Schools closed (90% of the kids at our local school are a ten minute walk away, tops). Most buses stopped and half the tram routes. Trains are still working and that’s about it. It really is pathetic and we’re not even supposed to have had the real snow yet.
-Dublin +London

6AM yesterday morning spent 1.5 hours in the car to go a distance that normally takes under 15 minutes. Ended up writing the day off and taking it as holiday because I just didn't want to deal with the nonsense.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It's lovely out, I love the red zone!

It's coming and going between heavy blizzards but when the sun pops out it's stunning. Some cars are making it out and about, but walking through some of the several-foot drifts is quite arduous.

20180228_134848143_iOS.jpg 20180301_083126331_iOS.jpg 20180301_090814932_iOS.jpg

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just been that guy who went out in it in a BMW (we ran out of coffee).

I died twice, but otherwise was quite driveable.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
It does look stunning G.

I'm not in a red zone, but I live in Paignton and am by a rough estimate a little less that 5 miles from one.

redwarning.jpg

It's not even that bad yet, though I think that the warning doesn't officially start till 3pm. All the roads round me are gridlocked, I am at home with our daughter but Sharon went to work this morning and has given up hope of getting home, she'll just stay there overnight. All good fun.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
-Dublin +London

6AM yesterday morning spent 1.5 hours in the car to go a distance that normally takes under 15 minutes. Ended up writing the day off and taking it as holiday because I just didn't want to deal with the nonsense.
Why taie it as holiday. If you tried and couldnt get in?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It does look stunning G.

I'm not in a red zone, but I live in Paignton and am by a rough estimate a little less that 5 miles from one.

View attachment 38309

It's not even that bad yet, though I think that the warning doesn't officially start till 3pm. All the roads round me are gridlocked, I am at home with our daughter but Sharon went to work this morning and has given up hope of getting home, she'll just stay there overnight. All good fun.
Hey devonian neighbour. Im a bit further away from the red zone. But only a couple cm here and very windy so far.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Stood in the queue in Tesco, shops have been shut for two days so it’s bedlam. Amazingly I can count four separate people in my line of sight who are buying...booze and Easter eggs. And nothing else.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can count four separate people in my line of sight who are buying...booze and Easter eggs. And nothing else.
Has FH taught you nothing @DaGaffer? Don't diss their life choices. Booze and easter eggs is a perfectly valid choice of good-thinking people. People who don't buy booze and easter eggs are the ones to watch out for - they probably live active lifestyles that will definitely cost the taxpayer just as much as alcohol-and-chocoholics because they'll probably fall off a mountain, somewhere.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I saw something on the news earlier about some silly fuck or other suggesting that the NHS shouldn't prioritise treatment for those who aren't obese or don't smoke. I thought @Scouse would love that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I saw something on the news earlier about some silly fuck or other suggesting that the NHS shouldn't prioritise treatment for those who aren't obese or don't smoke. I thought @Scouse would love that.
Should be the other way around. If you're overweight or obese then you should be left to die until you can clearly demonstrate you're trying to help yourself and the NHS.*

*of course, not serious. The NHS should be funded to help all.

**but if there's a choice to be made ;)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Another storm hitting east coast USA. Lots of people still haven't recovered from the storm over the weekend. Watching snow falling from my desk, very pretty, but it's going to be fun walking home tonight.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I was going to order a paddling pool today. Had a wee premonition. Decided not to.

Hottest UK day on record coming up on Friday 27th July. So you order an expensive paddling pool on Amazon. Expedited delivery (you've convinced yourself giving Jeff Bezos an extra £20 is well worth it).

You've spent way too long fitting it together (it will collapse the second you get in and lean back). It's taken ages to fill it up (didn't notice the four kinks in the hose, and you're trying to fill it up from the one way outlet valve).

You've got the beers. Copious amounts of ice. One by one your mates phone to cancel.

Sod it. Just me then.
Ah bliss.
Then it starts raining. Thunder lightning the works.
Turns out you've ordered a paddling pool for dogs.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fuck me it is so humid, where the fuck are these thunderstorms?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fuck me it is so humid, where the fuck are these thunderstorms?
Been happening around here. Looks like I've picked a good weekend to camp on the top of Snowdon :(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Very disappointing storm

Get more bangs at a balloon fetish party.

So I'm told.

:whistle:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The MET have just posted that this is heading to be the fifth warmest summer on record.
But somehow its also part of the increasing extremes the climate predictors have changed their tune to.
Its just a normal hot summer with an awful lot of hype.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Yeah those experts from the best weather centre in the world have no idea what they are talking about. :rolleyes:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Go back north please jetstream. I've just had my aircon fixed and am camping at the weekend.

For my part, as I practically live on my bike, I've no memory of such an extended sunny period. And I've never seen wales as yellow as it is - properly dry. It's usually so wet and verdant green.

Rivers I'd kayak down are bone dry and as I passed Llandeglz the other day the whole moor was on fire!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yes I heard the Horseshoe pass was blocked and on fire.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Chuffing Nora, it's hot here. High 30s tomorrow and the south of Spain/Portugal is supposed to see high 40s.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I got some bad food yesterday, so been on the potty most of today. In this heat, and without being able to keep anything in your body, it is horrific

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom