Oh no i have had my account hacked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stumps

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all, I am not sure if i have posted this in the right place. My main chr is on Pryd/Mid. I got a PM from a peep to say his mate has hacked my account and has taken 2 plat and 300 seals from my main. My firewall was turned off by mistake. I want to report this . Do i send en email to Mythic or to Subs at Goa? Many thx

frogster

Fledgling Freddie
Neither.

Use the rightnow facility on camelot-europe.com.
Might also be worth sending a friendly PM to Requiel or Zenythe who may then look at the report a little sooner if they are aware of it.

stumps said:
Hi all, I am not sure if i have posted this in the right place. My main chr is on Pryd/Mid. I got a PM from a peep to say his mate has hacked my account and has taken 2 plat and 300 seals from my main. My firewall was turned off by mistake. I want to report this . Do i send en email to Mythic or to Subs at Goa? Many thx

1. your firewall has jack shit to do with it, regardless of your firewall you either 1. gave your details to someone 2. downloaded a key logger or 3. bought a traded account.. so which was it?

i find it hard to believe that someone would actively tell you their mate hacked you.. theyre either 1. a liar 2. the hacker trying to shit you up or 3. your a liar and your trying to cover up a mistake?... so which was it?

not wishing to sound harsh but your story hardly rings true in any sense of the way you posted it.

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
would be interesting to know who ur chars our on mid/pryd might answer a couple of questions atleast.

stumps

Fledgling Freddie
DoH...

Thx for your Speedy response guys. My Main is Stumps a lvl 44 Shammy. I have been on DAOC for 3 Years, so no how can i hack my own account, or steal one as i have 2 accounts anyway. Ref remarks made by the person above - i think you need some lessons on how a firewall works mate as it appears you are not up to scratch.

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
stumps said:
Thx for your Speedy response guys. My Main is Stumps a lvl 44 Shammy. I have been on DAOC for 3 Years, so no how can i hack my own account, or steal one as i have 2 accounts anyway. Ref remarks made by the person above - i think you need some lessons on how a firewall works mate as it appears you are not up to scratch.

If you think your firewall has anything to do with this, then you're retarded beyond believes.

Saigean said:
If you think your firewall has anything to do with this, then you're retarded beyond believes.

took the words outta my mouth... :sex:

and dont try to patronise me, i used to work for Network Associates, who just happen to make Virus and firewall solutions... you clearly downloaded something or gave your details to someone.. your firewall has jack shit to do with the fact you got hacked... since the hacking requires little more than the obtaining of your details its more likely you use hotmail... pft i bet you do.

Teknoid

Fledgling Freddie
:touch:
stumps said:

Sigh, i suggest www.amazon.com and go grab a copy of firewalls for dummies. because u clearly need it.

The only effect that your firewall is going to have for you, is if this player has grabbed your IP somehow, then proceeded to crack your computer while you are online, (keeping in mind 90% of home uses have their IP change every time they connect to internet, or each month) Once cracking into your system, they will then need to find that you have written down your username and passed in a file somewhere that they can retrieve.
A firewall will only help stop that cracker from getting in to your computer, and even then firewalls are by far from perfect.

as stated above, u have either given out your details, maybe have a keylogger on your computer (stop installing everything people send to u via email etc). maybe you store it in a online organiser, i believe hotmail has such a thing, and people often store their many passwords in such places.

For someone to brute force your account, they first need to know what your username is, then they got to guess the password, guess how long that would take if they are just purely guessing both bits of information.

More likely i would believe at this point, you deleted your account by mistake, or regret deleting it and want it back. either way, just be honest if that is the case, and go to Rightnow, they will stil restore it, but it often takes a while.

However, if your account has been hacked, and all they did was remove your items, then IIRC from a friends experience, u are gonna get sod all done for u, they can not replace the items because how do they know it wasnt you who just transfered to a friend ? sold the items on ebay, etc etc they can only restore your char, with the items if it was deleted, while having those items on teh char,

Best of luck getting the answer you want anyways.

Marc

FH is my second home
Saigean said:

I fail to see how someone is retarded, just because they were under the impression that their firewall had anything to do with it. Just cos your obviously a fckin geek whos monitor would of no doubt been covered in spit, after typing your reply to the poster, doesnt mean that the rest of us know as much as you do about PCs and PC security. If you wanna act all clever, then go find some tech geek internet forum where you can all argue over whos got the best motherboard etc etc.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Marc said:
I fail to see how someone is retarded, just because they were under the impression that their firewall had anything to do with it. Just cos your obviously a fckin geek whos monitor would of no doubt been covered in spit, after typing your reply to the poster, doesnt mean that the rest of us know as much as you do about PCs and PC security. If you wanna act all clever, then go find some tech geek internet forum where you can all argue over whos got the best motherboard etc etc.

Lol, crankeeeh! Try the other foot tomorrow morning m8!

The original poster insisted on his firewall being the reason why his account got hacked, and even I (being a comp noob) thought that sounded very doubtful... I don't have a firewall (afaik :p) and if I got hacked, I would guess it was due to someone having obtained my password, not whether or not my desktop was coloured black or green at the time :p

Marc

FH is my second home
Klonk said:
Lol, crankeeeh! Try the other foot tomorrow morning m8!

The original poster insisted on his firewall being the reason why his account got hacked, and even I (being a comp noob) thought that sounded very doubtful... I don't have a firewall (afaik :p) and if I got hacked, I would guess it was due to someone having obtained my password, not whether or not my desktop was coloured black or green at the time :p

Im very chilled :)

Lets go against the grain. I know someone who was hacked, was the original owner, didnt use hotmail and NEVER gave his account details out to anyone. How do you explain that one?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Right... so a firewall wont stop someone connecting to network share on your pc.... a firewall wont stop an trojan on your PC allowing IP commincation back to the client...

Saying the above posts without evidence of how an account password was retrieved is pretty silly.

Regardless, log it on rightnow www.camelot-europe.com and let GoA investigate, they have a really tight policy on this kind of stuff and should be able to help, dont listen to people here, they dont have all the facts (and that includes me) just leave it with GoA

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
...i used to work for Network Associates...

Yeah, we can see that you used to work for them. You should know that on a direct connection to a PC, with the firewall turned off and windows poorly configured and/or not updated, that you're basically wide-open to the net? From there it's pretty easy to sneak in a program that logs the keystrokes/password boxes and bypasses the software firewall. Apparently you don't know half how crappy those firewalls are. And about any "But they dont have your ip!111", it's really easy to get an IP from someone. You can check your webserver logs if you run one, you can check the IP headers on a mail sent by someone, you can check with ICQ and it's even possible with MSN (it's harder, since firewalled transfers are routed thru a Microsoft server, but on a direct transfer it's still a direct connection).

So, even if he bought an ebayed account, hacked someone else or whatever, then GoA will find out because they'll run a background check anyway.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
You can also get into someone's machine by just port scanning their subnet and checking for vulnerabilities (I get about one port scan every 5 to 10 minutes on average). This is why you should never store sensitive info on your computer (though it still doesn't rule out them getting a keylogger on). Saying because someone got hacked they must use hotmail is foolish and just makes you look like an ass.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Some keyloggers send burts of info to whoever they are programed too.

a firewall can stop these by no allowing the program access.

so yes he could of be keyjacked, but his Firewall may have been preventing the info being transmitted back to the mongoloid , with the firewall down then that would of the been the immedit suspect, but not the program at fault.

Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
...i used to work for Network Associates...

well see why you don't work there any more

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing :)

Firstly - Not all ISP's renew their leases that often, NTL for a start off give you the same ip for ages before forcing a release and readdress.

Secondly - I can think of 3-4 viruses for a start that will automatically infect a computer that is unprotected and unpatched within 5 minutes of it touching the internet. Thats just the old stuff that EVERYONE should know about Welchia et al all reportedly have the functionality to log keystrokes....

This is ignoring the fact that someone could have hacked his desktop and recovered his password for a text file that he probably keeps there with his login name and password in.....

A firewall won't necesarrily stop you getting infected but it will certainly light up like a christmas tree when the trojans try and communicate with the outside internet.

Stumps - First of all are 2 plat 300 seals missing from your character?

That might be the best place to start. From there we go to.......

When was the last time you logged in? How long between logins was it before you noticed that the stuff was gone?

Do you use irc? Do you use MSN? Do you have Anti-Virus etc etc etc...

Finally does anyone know you password? Friends?

Your post leaves us a little in the dark.

'Squish

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
stumps said:

can you log in your account and have you verified that anything has been taken?

Quite possible someone having a laugh.

If stuff has been taken use either RightNow if you still have the passwords or send a message to subscription AT goa.com if the hacker has changed them. They'll shut down the account and ask for proof of ownership (CD keys, original billing address etc.)

If it wasn't your account originally - tough luck.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
[SS]Gamblor said:
Some keyloggers send burts of info to whoever they are programed too.

a firewall can stop these by no allowing the program access.

so yes he could of be keyjacked, but his Firewall may have been preventing the info being transmitted back to the mongoloid , with the firewall down then that would of the been the immedit suspect, but not the program at fault.

Software firewalls on a host help a bit but it does not mean the host is secure.

If the user is stupid enough to run unthrusted programs then a five line script could kill ZA and put a fake ZA icon in the system tray.
Hell half the IE exploits out there prob could do it to you just by going to a site.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
sibanac said:
Software firewalls on a host help a bit but it does not mean the host is secure.

If the user is stupid enough to run unthrusted programs then a five line script could kill ZA and put a fake ZA icon in the system tray.
Hell half the IE exploits out there prob could do it to you just by going to a site.

only if you have your IE settings ( if you use IE to browser) to Med-low or low . if it's set to Med or higher then you should be fine.

However if unsure of a program requestings access to the internet, google it, and then decided ... thats what i do when i'm unsure

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
1. your firewall has jack shit to do with it, regardless of your firewall you either 1. gave your details to someone 2. downloaded a key logger or 3. bought a traded account.. so which was it?

i find it hard to believe that someone would actively tell you their mate hacked you.. theyre either 1. a liar 2. the hacker trying to shit you up or 3. your a liar and your trying to cover up a mistake?... so which was it?

not wishing to sound harsh but your story hardly rings true in any sense of the way you posted it.

I have no idea about any of the stuff mentioned in this post.

I will say one thing though everyday I read these forums I find some piece of total bollox typed by you. It really makes me laugh out loud. You are nothing but a moron that likes nothing better than to make yourself feel special.

Your attempt to try and make everyone feel as sad about living as you do is pathetic. Maybe one day you will grow up and realise how much of an ass you are. I just hope I am around to see the day one of your posts actually has an interesting comment..... It will be a special day indeed.

Cal

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a few wannabe retards in this thread who think they know it all....

Calaen said:
I have no idea about any of the stuff mentioned in this post.

I will say one thing though everyday I read these forums I find some piece of total bollox typed by you. It really makes me laugh out loud. You are nothing but a moron that likes nothing better than to make yourself feel special.

Your attempt to try and make everyone feel as sad about living as you do is pathetic. Maybe one day you will grow up and realise how much of an ass you are. I just hope I am around to see the day one of your posts actually has an interesting comment..... It will be a special day indeed.

Cal

that made me laugh you post about me posting shit.. look again at your own post.. think you'll find the shit content of your own post over 99%

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Some guy going passed our house on a bus shouted he had haxxored my account ,deleted all my chars except for 1 level 20 which he has dyed totally pink.

Should I contact GOA or Mythic or Interpol?

Gifv help now.
(can't be arsed checking if it is true, or telling you if I do check)

Job said:
Some guy going passed our house on a bus shouted he had haxxored my account ,deleted all my chars except for 1 level 20 which he has dyed totally pink.

Should I contact GOA or Mythic or Interpol?

Gifv help now.
(can't be arsed checking if it is true, or telling you if I do check)

go MI5 imho tbfh kk

[SS]Gamblor said:
well see why you don't work there any more

not quite sure what you mean.. if you mean now we see why you dont work there anymore.. tbh i left to start my own company which i did sucessfully thank you very much :p

Forums and real life are 2 entirely seperate deals, just because im an asshole towards people i dont like here doesnt mean im necessarily like that in real life, Forums are a place to vent frustration you couldnt normally vent in real life situations... calling someone a n00b here doesnt necessarily mean you actually think theyre a n00b.. just an easy quick fix of gratification with the only recourse being a reply online in a world which doesnt exist so doesnt matter.. people who take forum conversations seriously need to step out into the sunshine and make some real friends, that i can assure you is 1000 times more interesting than sitting at a computer drooling over the next mmorpg or hax for your favourite game.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
not quite sure what you mean.. if you mean now we see why you dont work there anymore.. tbh i left to start my own company which i did sucessfully thank you very much :p

Forums and real life are 2 entirely seperate deals, just because im an asshole towards people i dont like here doesnt mean im necessarily like that in real life, Forums are a place to vent frustration you couldnt normally vent in real life situations... calling someone a n00b here doesnt necessarily mean you actually think theyre a n00b.. just an easy quick fix of gratification with the only recourse being a reply online in a world which doesnt exist so doesnt matter.. people who take forum conversations seriously need to step out into the sunshine and make some real friends, that i can assure you is 1000 times more interesting than sitting at a computer drooling over the next mmorpg or hax for your favourite game.

You post a lot on a forum for someone advising others to get out more. :p

Danya said:
You post a lot on a forum for someone advising others to get out more. :p

aye but im a fat lazy bastard and admit it :p im on a work break atm after selling my last business before i decide what to do...

Marc

FH is my second home
And he stalks whatapbaoe all round FH, replying to his every thread with

"known scammer"

Found his latest stalking over on the SwG forums.

Marc

FH is my second home
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:

lololol such irony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom