[Official] Subscription Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Due to some technical problems, the subscription and registration pages are temporarily unavailable. Our technical team is working on resolving these problems as we speak. Keep checking this news page for updates during the day.

We apologise for any inconveniences caused.

You'll be seeing the following appear on the official webpage any minute now. We have teams working at the moment trying to fix the problems and they will keep me up to date with any progress made. I will of course let you know as soon as I know about anything new.

edit: here's the link http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1997

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Thank you :)

I'm looking forward to being able to give you my money :D (..so I can play)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
you can say this but it doesnt mean its true :p

[GOA]Erivoss

Well I'll tell you straight now: the pages could be up and working in the next 5 minutes, or they could be down until next week. I simply do not know. What I DO know is that there's someone at the office trying to fix the problem and that they'll contact me as soon as there's any new information.

jnh

Loyal Freddie
thanks for the update. tris, at least this is better than not knowing anything at all, which was getting a bit frustrating about the main website when the last update was "the subs page is up and running" etc...

Erivoss, do you know anything about the problem with ToA activation? is this linked to the subs page problem, and if so will the activations go through when/if this is fixed, or will we need to reactivate the cd key? i sent an email regarding the problem last night but still not had any reply other than the automated response

tris-

Erivoss, do you have any idea why they changed the pages? when before they were more than adequat (SP?), easy to use and they WORKED!

[GOA]Erivoss

jnh said:
Erivoss, do you know anything about the problem with ToA activation? is this linked to the subs page problem, and if so will the activations go through when/if this is fixed, or will we need to reactivate the cd key? i sent an email regarding the problem last night but still not had any reply other than the automated response

I'm sorry I don't know so I can't offer any advice. When I get contacted next I'll ask.

Schenton

Fledgling Freddie
Why asking him questions he can't answer. He is someone that just is here telling us there is people on it and he is not one of them.

jnh

Loyal Freddie
check his last post... he is in contact with the team, so if he doesnt know theres a good chance he could find out, and we are all after some information here...

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I hope you get paid for working and informing us, Erivoss.

No one should work without getting paid for it. :)

[GOA]Erivoss

tris- said:
Erivoss, do you have any idea why they changed the pages? when before they were more than adequat (SP?), easy to use and they WORKED!

In a nutshell: added security (spare me the 'it's so secure even YOU can't access them' jokes please ;)).

With the old system you could change all your details immediately from the subpages and the changes would take effect instantly. This made 'hacking' cases much harder for us to solve and generally gave enough time for the 'hacker' to completely destroy the account.

Now you have to confirm them via a link sent to you by email. The link only stays active for an hour after which the changes are cancelled. This goes for all private details (name, address etc), payment details and passwords.

tris-

ok thanks i understand it now. BUT!!

why flash?! :eek:

Litmus

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
ok thanks i understand it now. BUT!!

why flash?! :eek:

whats with the flameing attitude the whole way through the thread?

tris-

i take it you did not notice the light hearted smiley faces.

so i will place another 2 here

:):)

so you can understand im not flamin anyone, simply asking questions.

:)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
when they get up, will there be a problem if you got 2 accounts assigned to one email ?

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
how about just activating the old pages again until the new ones are fixed ?

tris-

cos they probably moved em to the recycle bin then emptyed it then formatted the hard drive it was on, then rubbed a magnet on it. then they dropped it out a window and steam rolled over it.

it could happen, we are talking about GOA after all.

[GOA]Erivoss

Tualatin said:
when they get up, will there be a problem if you got 2 accounts assigned to one email ?

nope multiple accounts on the same email will be supported. When you request new passwords it will ask you for which account you want them.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
well there is something seriously wrong with that flash, some of us including me only get a black box. like when i requested a new sub yesterday, i recieved an email, clicked the link, and i see nothing but a black box, no text whatsoever and my old sub didnt work, its the same now when they are down i i get a black box saying nothing when it should be something saying they are down atm. And i have tried downloading the newest flash and that didnt work, i uninstalled went camelot-europe.com and dled the plugin u got there as it said in the news but it still dont work

Litmus

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
cos they probably moved em to the recycle bin then emptyed it then formatted the hard drive it was on, then rubbed a magnet on it. then they dropped it out a window and steam rolled over it.

it could happen, we are talking about GOA after all.

the type of whine/flame i was talking about in a previous thread

tris-

Litmus said:
the type of whine/flame i was talking about in a previous thread

ok well you will have to show me this cos i cant remember :)

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Renwind said:
well there is something seriously wrong with that flash, some of us including me only get a black box. like when i requested a new sub yesterday, i recieved an email, clicked the link, and i see nothing but a black box, no text whatsoever and my old sub didnt work, its the same now when they are down i i get a black box saying nothing when it should be something saying they are down atm. And i have tried downloading the newest flash and that didnt work, i uninstalled went camelot-europe.com and dled the plugin u got there as it said in the news but it still dont work

Had same using internet explorer.. now I use opera (www.opera.no) and I get the text I should get. "Under Maintanance" .. iexplore not a good browser :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Fenderon said:
Had same using internet explorer.. now I use opera (www.opera.no) and I get the text I should get. "Under Maintanance" .. iexplore not a good browser :p

IE is teh pwn.... :) i mean. u gotta give the skript kiddies a chance atleast.. cant have EVERYONE running around with secure web browsers, that would make the hackers sad fyi.... ;)

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
(getting a bit off-topic here are we?)
anyhow.. true, but I still run several computers connected to the internet. Should be plenty of them to try their downloaded "h4x0r scripts" against..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom