Off-topic Mafia #5 Special Game Thread #2

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Order came to the group, but on the ground lied the corpse of one whom died during the round of chaos.

dixon.gif

Old.Tohtori the Scout has died.

Start day 5! Feel free to post again and vote!

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

EDIT: Oh, for the record, remaining players:

English, Vasconcelos, Levin, Kirennia(Marc), Lethul, Gohan, ECA

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Lucky iceforge said fl3a was the last mid or we'd be burning english next automatically :p

Not sure who to zerg atm, going to reread and think about it. It looks like we have some time as there should only be 2 hibs left ?

- English -

Resident Freddy
Lucky iceforge said fl3a was the last mid or we'd be burning english next automatically :p

Not sure who to zerg atm, going to reread and think about it. It looks like we have some time as there should only be 2 hibs left ?

i noticed u voted me last round before changing vote to fl3a... any reason why?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I went for flea first, then when gohan went for you, I switched to you because it was more likely to get one of you two zerged.

Then I went for a jog and some dinner and came back and it looked like fl3a had more votes so I switched back. I was happy with either of you being zerged yesterday, so voted accordingly.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I thought scouts were night inmune....

OK, time has come

Im gonna reveal myself as The Infiltrator. Im inmune to nightkills and im able to kill sum1 with my nightchoice.
So u can figure out that the 1st thing i tried was confirm old.Tohtori scout role by chosing him as my target on nigtht #2. That confirmed for me his role.
Next target i tried was the other claiming assasin: Levin. Like with Toht, nothing happned after night #3 so i guess that confirms his role.
Now came the catchy part. After all the discussions on day #3 i chose Lethul as target (sorry m8, nothing personal, you just sounded guilty for me). And once more, nothing happned.
And finally, i chose English as my last nite target. why? cuz i rly think he and flea were cross accusing themselves so at least one looked innocent.

So i came to some conclusions:

On Lethul and English:
- they might be night inmune as an assasin, but c'mon, 2 sbs, 2 scouts, me infil.. is this amg on a saturday afternoon???.
That leaves 2 posibilites:
- if theyr albs and theres another alb protecting 'em. In this case, the protector should now stand in and claim it.
- theyr a mid/hib with some sort of protection from team8s.

Now, before I cast my vote, I'd like to confirm my 1st option before going ahead, so let's talk!

- English -

Resident Freddy

OK, time has come

Im gonna reveal myself as The Infiltrator. Im inmune to nightkills and im able to kill sum1 with my nightchoice.
So u can figure out that the 1st thing i tried was confirm old.Tohtori scout role by chosing him as my target on nigtht #2. That confirmed for me his role.
Next target i tried was the other claiming assasin: Levin. Like with Toht, nothing happned after night #3 so i guess that confirms his role.
Now came the catchy part. After all the discussions on day #3 i chose Lethul as target (sorry m8, nothing personal, you just sounded guilty for me). And once more, nothing happned.
And finally, i chose English as my last nite target. why? cuz i rly think he and flea were cross accusing themselves so at least one looked innocent.

On Lethul and English:
- they might be night inmune as an assasin, but c'mon, 2 sbs, 2 scouts, me infil.. is this amg on a saturday afternoon???.
- if theyr albs and theres another alb protecting 'em. In this case, the protector should now stand in and claim it.

Now, before I cast my vote, I'd like to confirm my 1st option before going ahead, so let's talk!

or im protecting myself as a paladin?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, Vasconcelos, something doesn't add up about your summary.

You say I claimed to be an assassin? I did not. As I've said from the beginning - I'm a mercenary, and being nightimmune is not among my abilities. If you really did try to nightkill me I have no idea why you didn't succeed. The other option is of course that you're lying about trying to kill me and are hoping that "accidentily" saying i'm nightkill immune will make people think i'm a hibby assassin? Nicely insinuated if that was your plan. Still, I hope people remember what happened in the early days of the game, and why my claim as a mercenary is quite credible by now. And just to point a little bit right back to Vasconcelos then - isn't it interesting that while he was gone there were no nightkills, and now that he's back from vacation someone died during night. :p

And there are other things that disturb me right now.

Like Vasconcelos said - I thought scouts were night immune? Maybe they die if two people target them at the same time? Or perhaps someone has the ability to nullify someone's abilities?

The third thing that disturbs me is; why wasn't I listed as one of those who voted for Fl3a even though I did? Iceforge says that me voting (misc) was on purpose, and I remember it happened to ECA (was it?) a while ago as well. It seems someone here has the ability to nullify or otherwise modify a person's vote and I guess I was targetted for that yesterday.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm not sure Vasc makes much sense.
Bleh I dont know what but it doesnt seem logical to me.

Lethul

FH is my second home

OK, time has come

On Lethul and English:

Only two things bother me about this. Levin never claimed to be a inf like he already said.

And so many alb nightkillers and almost nobody have fallen victim to nightkills. With lots of mid/hib nightkillers it could partially be explianed by Calo's roll (if his claim was true). But this many alb nightkillers (and shadowblades and probably nightshades aswell) and nobody getting killed? Strange strange

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not sure Vasc makes much sense.
Bleh I dont know what but it doesnt seem logical to me.

One thing that doesn't seem logical is that every single person he claims to have tried to nightkill has, in fact, survived his attempts. There is basicly no proof at all that he's an infiltrator. Can you explain a bit more Vasconcelos? If you really are an infiltrator it would be a bad loss to Albion if we zerged you just because you might have remembered things wrong.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Bleh, dunno why but I messed Levin the scout with old kirennia the scout. Sowy.

Im gonna reread 1st pages n my pm to iceforge and try to remember why i tried to nightkill levin... :p Think i made a mistake when writing my last post.

Now comes the best part.

I dunno if im allowed to say this but after posting my last reply, got a pm from Iceforge with the result of my last nightkill attempt:

"As i tried to stab English i realized he was a friendly alb thu i held my hand".

Ok, now i know English is one of the good guys. Some of you might think (cept obviously English) that this is another trick and im trying to pull off, but I'd like Iceforge to at least state that actually i got the results of my last nightchoice this very evening as he forgot totally about me :)

gohan

FH is my second home
that sorta talking gets you voted for

vote vasc

you accounted for every1 but tbh fail to belive that in 3 attempts you didnt get 1 night kill innocent or otherwise

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Going to go with my instinct here as well, I dont think vascs story adds up.

vote Vasconcelos

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
that sorta talking gets you voted for

vote vasc

you accounted for every1 but tbh fail to belive that in 3 attempts you didnt get 1 night kill innocent or otherwise

Thats was expected. In fact I was expecting a fast vote against me from any mid/hib. And my revelation as infiltartor is gonna get me killed for sure, but i think this game wont last more than 1 or 2 more nites, at least for albs so i bttr try to shot my last bullet and clear up thing for some albs.

Iev read again the 1st pages of the thread and my nightchoice against Levin. In my previous post i already said that when i wrote it I thought the reason of my vote was that he was claiming to be another scout. Well, obviously my memory failed me hard then (prolly due to bein more than 2 weeks since that time), and prolly the reason of my vote for him was that i wasnt rly sure about the duo Toht-Levin at that point of the game.

Why i failed to kill him? At that time, Olga was still alive and prolly it was due to his armsman protection role that I (along all scum nightzergs) failed on my nightkills. Same goes for Lethul IF he is actually an alb.

And i couldnt kill English because hes an alb and I cant kill albs (apparently from my last nightchoice result).

Before this goes on, i want to stress that in my eyes the only innocent ppl is me and English. And prolly Levin too. And this goes for them:
we rly need to act together and vote for the same ppl. If i die tonite its game over, and if we vote united we will force hibs/mids to at least support our vote in a number enuff to have a zerg. BUT, if we are the only albs left, it wont matter at all cuz I'd be dead already as long as they act in a logical way and get rid of me asap.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Thats was expected. In fact I was expecting a fast vote against me from any mid/hib. And my revelation as infiltartor is gonna get me killed for sure, but i think this game wont last more than 1 or 2 more nites, at least for albs so i bttr try to shot my last bullet and clear up thing for some albs.

Iev read again the 1st pages of the thread and my nightchoice against Levin. In my previous post i already said that when i wrote it I thought the reason of my vote was that he was claiming to be another scout. Well, obviously my memory failed me hard then (prolly due to bein more than 2 weeks since that time), and prolly the reason of my vote for him was that i wasnt rly sure about the duo Toht-Levin at that point of the game.

Why i failed to kill him? At that time, Olga was still alive and prolly it was due to his armsman protection role that I (along all scum nightzergs) failed on my nightkills. Same goes for Lethul IF he is actually an alb.

And i couldnt kill English because hes an alb and I cant kill albs (apparently from my last nightchoice result).

Before this goes on, i want to stress that in my eyes the only innocent ppl is me and English. And prolly Levin too. And this goes for them:
we rly need to act together and vote for the same ppl. If i die tonite its game over, and if we vote united we will force hibs/mids to at least support our vote in a number enuff to have a zerg. BUT, if we are the only albs left, it wont matter at all cuz I'd be dead already as long as they act in a logical way and get rid of me asap.

hmm noone could night kill me as im a paladin and bodyguarding myself :)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
I roleblocked the Nightshade this night. last night i blocked the shadowblade, every night i can block one of those 2. That's why i said from the start that there probably is an infil too, i don't know for sure because I can't block him.

[/B]

I really want to believe you Vasc, but stuff like this just seems too inconsistent to me. The armsmen Calo and Olga could only protect against nightshades and shadowblades. The only way you could have been armsman blocked in your assassination attempts would be if you're a nightshade or shadowblade. Assuming all shadowblades are now dead, my guess is you're a nightshade. I also don't believe there would be an alb nightkill class that couldn't kill other albs. That would have been way too overpowered. Therefore, I'll have to vote for you buddy. Sorry!

Vote: Vasconcelos

Should be interesting to see if mine or someone elses vote will be screwed with again this time, btw.

- English -

Resident Freddy
fuck it, sorry if your innocent vasc and if you are will be intresting finish :)

vote vasconcelos

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
As of post #406

Zerg Count
Zerg 5

Vasconcelos - 3 - (Gohan, ECA, Levin)

Not voted yet: 4 (English, Vasconcelos, Kirennia, Lethul)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to zerg!

With the 3rd on him, Vasconcelos falls over, being weaker than regular fighters.
infiltrator_1.jpg

Vasoncelos the Infiltrator dies

Chaos emerged with yet another death!

Start Chaos/Night 6, don't post in thread, send me nightchoises ASAP! Deadline Thursday at 6.00AM (won't be home the day before that). Don't post in thread until I announce Order/day 6!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
The people finally come to order!

One dead on the ground yet again.
sorcerer_1.jpg

Gohan the Sorcerer is dead!

With just 5 left alive, it takes only 3 to zerg!

The server stabilizes! FINALLY!
Unfortunately, English and Levin, the 2 Albion players left, is left with the 3 man strong group of Hibernians; Marc(Kirennia), Lethul and ECA!
"ECA Says something in a language you don't understand" was the last chatline English and Levin got to see before they died!

Game over! Hibernia wins!

Okay, now people really really want to know what all the roles in this game was able to do I gather

First to clearify is that there is a stealther on the Hibernian team, but even if English and Levin both voted him before the Hib voted one of them, that would just make it 2vs2 tomorrow, so Hibernia wins now!

So, what roles did this game have?
Here goes:

Albion Roles:
1 x Infiltrator (Vasconcelos)
2 x Mercenaries (Cerb, Levin)
1 x Armsman (Olgaline)
2 x Scout (Kirennia, Old.Tohtori)
2 x Sorcerer (Gravi, Gohan)
2 x Paladin (Rubric, English)

Midgaard:
2 x Shadowblades (Fl3a, Invisibletank)

Hibernia:
1 x Nightshade (Lethul)
1 x Blademaster (Marc)
1 x Warden (ECA)

Loners:
1 x Nerfbat (Calo)

Infiltrator / Scout / Shadowblades / Nightshades
All 4 of these shared following traits:
Can perform nightkills
Immune to nightkills
Dies with 1 less vote
The close combat ones (all, but the scouts) are unable to perform nightkills on their own kind, making the Infiltrator into a Cop/Vigilante, as he will find out if someone is Albion when attempting to nightkill them, unless they are nightkill immune, protected or he himself got roleblocked!

Mercenaries / Blademaster
Simply using Grabble to become: roleblockers

Sorcerer
Target is mezzed and hence can't partake in zergs the next day
Votes appear as Misc

Paladins
Bodyguard = Doctors

Armsman
Using his sacrifising ML (which is severely more powerfull here than in the actual game) he can heal all his teammates, preventing ANY nightkill attempts on them. Unfortunately it leaves him weak after every night he uses it and he dies on first vote cast on him!

Warden
Bladeturn can prevent teammates from dying! Damn shame it got a downtime! When used to prevent all nightkill attempts on team, it cannot be used for 2 nights!

Okay! Lots of nightkill abilities! Shitload of people killing left and right, how to stop this from being a major factor and everybody except stealthers dying like flies? Lets introduce:

The Nerfbat
The Nerfbat was himself immune to nightkills!
His win condition was to stay alive until the final 5!
Each night he had to choose 3 things:

1) 1 Close combat stealther (Infiltrator, Shadowblade or Nightshade) whom to nerf! Effectively roleblocking all of the given class!

2) Any 1 class from any realm! Also nerfing them! Ofc. he didn't know that most of those choises would be completely wasted!

3) Any 1 Albion class!

And he could not pick the same class 2 nights in a row (to avoid 1 class being permanently disabled)

I figured that the 1 less player on the Midgaard team would be balanced out by both being night-immune! Towards the end of the game, their disadvantage (dying on 1 less vote) became bigger as 1 vote counts as more out of a total of 7 votes than out of 14, for instance!

Also, the Hibernian players was at risk to be randomly nightkilled on nights where the warden wasn't able to use his ability, potentially killing them off early in the game!

Nightchoises that led to how the game went:

-Note that when the text says Marc for nightchoises, it was actually Kirennia who had taken over!

Night 1:

ECA useds Warden ability on ECA, Marc and Lethul
Cerb roleblocks (invisibletank)
Kirennia nightkills Gravi-
Old.Tohtori nightkills Fl3a // Doesn't work due to Nightkill immunity
Fl3a nightkills cerb
Gohan Mezzes ECA //Nerfed by nerfbat
Calo nerfs Nightshades, Spiritmasters, Sorcerer
Lethul nightkills Vasconcelos //Doesn't work due to nightkill immunity
(Invisibletank) nightkills English //Roleblocked by Cerb

Night 2:

Olgaline protects Albion //Dies on first vote day 2
Levin roleblocks Rubric //NERFED
Calo nerfs Shadowblades, Enchanters and Mercenaries
Fl3a nightkills ECA //NERFED
Vasconcelos nightkills Old.Tohtori //Protected by Olgaline
Gohan Mezzes ECA
Lethul nightkills Vasconcelos //Protected by Olgaline

Night 3:

Fl3a nightkills Olgaline //Protected af Olgaline
Old.Tohtori nightkills Gohan //Roleblocked + Protected af Olgaline
Calo Nerfs Nightshades, Runemaster and Cleric
Marc roleblocks Old.Tohtori
Lethul nightkills Old.Tohtori //Nerfed af Calo + Protected af Olgaline
Olgaline protecting Albion
English Bodyguards Himself
Vasconcelos nightkills Levin //protected by Olgaline

Night 4:

Fl3a nightkills Calo
Levin roleblocks Lethul
Calo nerfs Infiltrator, Warrior and Scout, blocked by Kirennia //Roleblocked
ECA protects Hibernia
Old.Tohtori nightkills ECA //prot by ECA
Vasconcelos nightkills Lethul //prot by ECA + Nightkill Immune
Marc Roleblocks Calo
Gohen mezz Levin
Lethul nightkills Calo //Roleblocked

Night 5:

English protects himself //Blocked by Levin
Gohan Mezz English
Levin roleblocks English
Marc roleblocks Tohtori
Old.Tohtori nightkills Levin //blocked Kirennia
Vasconcelos nightkills English //blocked by self - Can't kill allies
Lethul nightkills Old.TOhtori

Night 6:

Levin roleblocks Gohan
English protects self //blocked by Kirennia
Lethul nightkills Gohan
Marc roleblocks English

And there you have it! How and why everything went! If anyone is wondering about anything else, please feel free to ask! I got some stuff today to will be tonight or perhaps tomorrow mid-day, before game #6 starts for those who made the cut!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Grrrrr

I think we could have won this one if i didnt mess with my explanation of whom i tried to nightkill.

PS: i wub u 2 Lethul :p

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Grrrrr

I think we could have won this one if i didnt mess with my explanation of whom i tried to nightkill.

Aye, it's a shame we didn't believe you there Vasc. I really wanted to and.. something in my guts told me you might have been telling the truth despite the inconsistencies.. but it was too easy to just go with logic and get things to move on. And I really couldn't believe that alb had a vigilante who could never shoot an innocent! I can still hardly believe it! :p

In general this game was really confusing. It was a little too hard to come up with eligible theories and logic since we were so much in the dark the whole time. I like the theme idea a lot, but i think next time it may be worth it to define the roles beforehand just like in normal mafia games. There'd still be the uncertainty of which roles are included in each particular game, and that's good enough I think. :)

Still, we got through it and it was quite interesting! So thanks Iceforge for arranging! :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
see thats what you get for saving his ass twice!
and you get the sharp end of the blade right in the back, you know, that place you cant reach, lastly tho iceforge, shouldnt I have been dead on night 3 tho ?

Fl3a nightkills Olgaline //Protected af Olgaline

As an Armsman, you got the Warlord ML abilities!
Any night you want, you can use Martyr to protect ALL albion (except yourself) from nightkills

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If it weren't for Olgalines badgering, i might have stayed in the shadows and manage a nightkill or two.

Doubtful though, as there's just way too many protective/blocking forces at play :(

This game was confusing, and i didn't really like it, even if a bit of fun. The classic works alot better. When everyones got a role, the "mafia" side gets a bit too much things on their plate.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
if it wasnt for me you'd have been long dead as early on as night two :p
and you werent lynched you were night killed, so hardly had anything to do with me, infact, i could have saved your ass from dieing

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
if it wasnt for me you'd have been long dead as early on as night two :p
and you werent lynched you were night killed, so hardly had anything to do with me, infact, i could have saved your ass from dieing

Yeah i wasn't lynched, who said anything about that. but when they know who i am, they can easily conjure my lynching.

If it wasn't for you and your start of the game "bullsh*t!" claims, i would've stayed as "one of them".

How do you figure i would've died on night two? According to the list? Please....they would've never blocked/killed me without knowing my role.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Think that if i hadn't said that i could roleblock stealthers, I wouldn't have died the next night. Got 2 nightkills and a roleblock on me the next night :D

You can be sure I will be quiet next time! :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Grrrrr

Hehe! :) wubwub

I tried to kill you first night (mostly cause of randomness). Then when it didn't work we figured it would be bladeturn fired the first round so i tried again :p All Nightkillers were a bit nerfed in the beginning tho. But i got a few kills towards the end :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom