Off-topic Mafia #5 Special Game Thread #2

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
yeah good question about how come olgaline protected himself from death with the weakening warlord ability :D
but i think the game was a bit confusing, maybe such a special game could work with a few less people.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Sorc wearing wizards epic is not my fault!!!!!!! :p

I have no idea how various class epics look anymore, and I just searched for "Sorcerer DaoC" on google to find a sorc pic and that was basicly the only one of 1 single character that came back as a result :)

There was a few ability inconsistensies with logic, like the one mentioned by Fl3a above my post (couldn't see anyone else mentioning it, might have missed it), there was basicly 2 things nagging me, but logic failed due to logic contradicting what I told people:

1) Olgaline protecting himself. Doesn't make sense. But when I wrote it out to him, it did say that using it would protect ALL of Albion from nightkills. Would be bastardic of me then to just change it to All, but yourself, the first instant he got targetted for a nightkill. I forgot to think about that problem ahead of time.

2) By standard mafia rules, if the doctor is not told he can't protect himself, he can. I forgot to tell the paladins they couldn't protect themselves. So while a Paladin using bodyguard on himself makes no logic sense, I had it allowed.

As far as I remember, those where the only 2 major logic problems I had during the game. Oh, wait, 1 more:

3) This one didn't come up, but I had it on my mind during one of the last days... What if someone voted on someone who was mezzed? That would be like hitting someone mezzed in the game, basicly. Should they stay mezzed or should their vote suddenly start to count. Iirc, that situation never had to be judged, as I don't think any of the mezz targets was ever voted on.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
If it weren't for Olgalines badgering, i might have stayed in the shadows and manage a nightkill or two.

Doubtful though, as there's just way too many protective/blocking forces at play :(

This game was confusing, and i didn't really like it, even if a bit of fun. The classic works alot better. When everyones got a role, the "mafia" side gets a bit too much things on their plate.

night 2
Vasconcelos nightkills Old.Tohtori //Protected by Olgaline

oh and night 3 too oops here i save your ass yet again

Lethul nightkills Old.Tohtori //Nerfed af Calo + Protected af Olgaline
and to me it looks your mearly trying to justify your silly lynch vote.
i theorized basid on what i could see, and it actually didnt cost you a single vote, "exept mine" even after i died, so pack that bullshit away that I somehow was responcible for your death. you died becuase you killed me and that lost you your night time protection. also i didnt hinder you from killing any hibs mids but i did hinder you from killing an alb

Old.Tohtori nightkills Gohan //Roleblocked + Protected af Olgaline

Lethul

FH is my second home
night 2

oh and night 3 too oops here i save your ass yet again

and to me it looks your mearly trying to justify your silly lynch vote.
i theorized basid on what i could see, and it actually didnt cost you a single vote, "exept mine" even after i died, so pack that bullshit away that I somehow was responcible for your death. you died becuase you killed me and that lost you your night time protection. also i didnt hinder you from killing any hibs mids but i did hinder you from killing an alb

Actaully Toht was nightkill immune in himself (part of being a nightkiller). Altho we worked our way around that eventually :)

Olgaline

FH is my second home
thats besides the point tho, ;)
he's trying to make it out that i was somehow responcible for his death wich i wasnt,
as you guys clearly tried to get at him from the begining "night two"
and had i been alive, he wouldnt have died.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
1) Olgaline protecting himself. Doesn't make sense. But when I wrote it out to him, it did say that using it would protect ALL of Albion from nightkills. Would be bastardic of me then to just change it to All, but yourself, the first instant he got targetted for a nightkill. I forgot to think about that problem ahead of time.

actually you did make it clear that i could not protect my self, as i mentiond earlier in your pm it "for me at least" clearly defined that i could protect All exept my self

Greetings Olgaline!

You are an Armsman! You belong to the Albion Realm!
As an Armsman, you got the Warlord ML abilities!
Any night you want, you can use Martyr to protect ALL albion (except yourself) from nightkills! Alas, it comes with a price! Even if you survive the night, you die the instant anyone cast a vote on you the following day!
Use with caution!
You win when the Albion realm wins!
Game thread can be found at: https://forums.freddyshouse.com/off-t...-thread.htmlPM me back ASAP to confirm you understand your role and is ready to play!

Yours sincerly,
Iceforge

Calo

Part of the furniture
Actaully Toht was nightkill immune in himself (part of being a nightkiller). Altho we worked our way around that eventually :)

Pft!

I'm really confident I would have made it further if I hand't told everyone that i roleblocked the shadowblade or nightshade (and more as you can see in my information). Its just because i got roleblocked and attacked by 2 stealthers that I died that night, and even then!! how can you destroy the nerfbat!!

I should have knocked you all down! NERF NERF NERF!!!!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Read the first part of the game and yes, Olgaline you're right, it wasn't that much your fault. When apologies are valid, i give them, and this is a valid time: Apologies, it wasn't your fault. I remembered wrong that you were the cause of my outing, which, would've meant i wouldn't have needed protection as such.

I forgot early in the game about my own plan, to tell of my class, then switch it around, just to confuse the enemy. Probably didn't think of it as a good plan anymore, which it wouldn't have been.

You did keep me alive after i myself, kinda screwed up myself.

I was never trying to justify my actions, i messed up in voting for you, but, Levin would've done it too :D

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
actually you did make it clear that i could not protect my self, as i mentiond earlier in your pm it "for me at least" clearly defined that i could protect All exept my self

WHAT? Okay, in the future, I really really really got to save the PMs in a notepad file! Grrrr.....

EDIT: Oh, here are my own personal notes about peoples abilities, this is what I had to remember stuff from after sending out the PMs. In all other games, I crafted the PMs in notepad first, then copy-pasted to send them out to players, this was the only game where I was stupid enough to not do that:

Hib:
1 Nighshade (NK, NK immune, 1 less vote to die)
1 Blademaster (roleblocker)
1 Warden (make allies NK immune, only works every 3 nights)

Mid:
2 Shadowblades (NK, NK immune, 1 less vote to die)

Albs:
1 Infiltrator (NK, NK immune, 1 less vote to die, can't kill allies)
2 Mercenaries (roleblocker)
1 Armsman (Sacrifice self to save albion, dies on first vote after saving allies)
1 Scout (NK, NK immune, 1 less vote to die)
2 Sorcerer (Make person unable to vote)
2 Paladins (doctor)

Developer:

1 Nerfbat!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
cool fair enough toht, and yes I have no dout of levins theoretical tretchory.
after all I aimed my gun preatty firmly against him too.. ;)

btw i knew the best corse of action for me would have been to stay queit, but after a while of doing that i got abit bored with it tbh and thought that by letting you know of my vulnerbillity after becomming active, and I was in a prosses of letting people in on my abilities "should have been quicker" i could avoid a rouge alb vote and "force a hib/mid vote" I had no clue as to the nerfbat tho

oh and i totally missed night 1 "thats why no protect" ooops ;)

also I was way off on toht/vasc levin/gohan theory tho heh

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Was a good game, just a shame I couldn't really post in the last two days of the game. Would have had tohtori dead on day two if I had a vote as I had asked if roleblocking+nightkilling would kill my scout character before I posted in day one ;)

Personally I loved not knowing any of the roles, it added extra spice to what I see as a fun game.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, now, no offense to anybody, but I think ECA was quite good a few pages back. He was hitting it spot on when pointing out the last remaining SB. He ofc mislead the masses from suspecting him or his allies, so the rest of the post was bollocks, but from my perspective (knowing everything), it was one of those posts that made me go "oh, he is so spot on! Wonder if he actually knows it?"

Interesting that some atleast enjoyed the not knowing.... perhaps it wont be so bad to do a new theme when reaching game 10.. hopefully then, I should also be better at knowing what works and doesn't work than when designing this theme :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, now, no offense to anybody, but I think ECA was quite good a few pages back. He was hitting it spot on when pointing out the last remaining SB. He ofc mislead the masses from suspecting him or his allies, so the rest of the post was bollocks, but from my perspective (knowing everything), it was one of those posts that made me go "oh, he is so spot on! Wonder if he actually knows it?"

When invisible tank died I made the assumption that the mid team would never have risked voting for someone who would die more easily ( also we assumed the teams were equal - so it was very unlikely a team would sacrifice their nightkiller for deceptive purposes ), as they could get zerged while people were afk and couldnt vote switch, so we looked at those who didnt vote for invis, which was:

(English, Olgaline, Fl3a, Calo, Invisibletank, Lethul, ECA)

At that point, calo, olgaline, invis could be removed, leaving english, fl3a, lethul and myself. We figured someone else would spot this and we had the advantage because we could cut 2 people off the list additionally ( myself+lethul ) which meant english/fl3a had to be the remaining mids as we thought ( we assumed mafia teamsizes were equal ) and then got lucky in that we got fl3a zerged that night instead of english.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom