O2 Broadband

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Heh yeah, was the same for me but I stuck with it and ended up with a more stable connection at a slightly higher speed. If all else fails it might be worth a go, you can always jump back to the official firmware if need be.

Calo

Part of the furniture
you guy's have a download and upload limit in UK?

Here in belgium we have with almost every single provider. (Belgacom and telenet own 90% of that market) and both have low limits.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Quite a few do but fortunately there are plenty of reasonably priced ones that are totally unlimited. They all have fair usage policies though, just to make sure they can do something if you take the piss.

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
Heh yeah, was the same for me but I stuck with it and ended up with a more stable connection at a slightly higher speed. If all else fails it might be worth a go, you can always jump back to the official firmware if need be.

I've got an old Sky DG834GT router flashed with the latest custom DGTeam firmware. Is that what you're using cHodAX?

I've had some of the issues experienced in that 39 page thread that I posted previously, but just can't be arsed to do too much about it. I seem to lose my DNS settings or something because I've got to go into the router interface and change my DNS from 'automatically get from ISP' to manually specified IP's (e.g. OpenDNS) and the click 'apply' for me to get a connection back again. Either that or just reboot my router... I was getting this everyday at one point, but it's a bit more sporadic now.

Seems to be an issue that's only affected customers using Netgear routers as the Thomson/Speedtouch O2 boxes haven't been affected. Seems it depends what Netgear/DGTeam firmware you're on as to whether you're affected or not... Just wondered if others have had problems what what firmware & version they're on if they're using a Netgear router.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Mossywell Bounce Sky Router (google should throw it up) can be very handy if you're on Sky

Noc0de

Can't get enough of FH
Mossywell Bounce Sky Router (google should throw it up) can be very handy if you're on Sky

I'm unfortunately not, but I've got a rebadged/reflashed ex-Sky router and using it with O2.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
More timeouts and DNS problems tonight, doing my fucking head in.

As usual the forums are full of other people suffering at the hands of toss O2 broadband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom