NSFSenstive: Dolphin Massacre

Marc

FH is my second home
Not even gonna watch it.

On a side note, vegetarians, do my fcuking head in. They ram it down your throat everytime you go for a meal with them, like they are on higher moral ground, even though they are sat there wearing leather shoes.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Not even gonna watch it.

On a side note, vegetarians, do my fcuking head in. They ram it down your throat everytime you go for a meal with them, like they are on higher moral ground, even though they are sat there wearing leather shoes.

Yeah and we in the west ram our opinions down the throats of others, just because we dont eat dolphins, whales and tigers cock who are we to dictate it to people who have been doing so for hunderds of years. Us westerners squirm when we see people eat instects, but yet 70% of people on this planet do, and we think were better somehow because we design chickens that give more meat and line them up in cages by the thousand.

BTW The veggies that ram it down your throat are the opinionated idealits who ram everything down your throat, not just eating preferences, it's not all veggies by any stretch.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Not even gonna watch it.

I think on some level, those kind of people are doing it more for some sort of attention, then to truly believe in it.
I know lots of vegetarians personally, and not once have any of them tried to act on the higher moral ground, nor tried to 'recruit' me.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Disgusting.

Sometimes I wish the animals would unite in some way and unleash fucking havoc all over the world.

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
kivik said:
Disgusting.

Sometimes I wish the animals would unite in some way and unleash fucking havoc all over the world.

The Crane Fly army united to do that this summer in the UK FYI!

Marc

FH is my second home
Eregion said:
I think on some level, those kind of people are doing it more for some sort of attention, then to truly believe in it.
I know lots of vegetarians personally, and not once have any of them tried to act on the higher moral ground, nor tried to 'recruit' me.

I think it maybe to do with Attention

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Marc said:

lol not all of them, my b2's sister is a veggie and when we stayed with her she cooked us bacon for brekkie she doesnt mind cooking, buying, touching meat she just doesnt want to eat it.

just thought id defend all those veggies out there who arnt like reformed smokers, drinkers, addicts of other natures, thin people who used to be fat. usually all those people are sooooo moral its nnoying.. lucky for me i have no morals way hay!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, dolphins, pigs, cows, sharks(yes. Go rich westerns!), fish, bunnies, deer, bears, sheep, kangaroos....the list goes on.

If you don't like dolphins getting killed, you shouldn't like anything else.

It's that simple.

If you don't eat tuna 'cause it might have dolphin in it, you shouldn't eat sushi or xmas ham. You shouldn't eat turkey on thanksgiving and then preach about someone being cruel for raising cows.

Animal is an animal is an animal. There is no "differentiating evidence" here.

EDIT: Except Seals. Those f*ckers should burn in hell who go clubbing 'em :D

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Well, dolphins, pigs, cows, sharks(yes. Go rich westerns!), fish, bunnies, deer, bears, sheep, kangaroos....the list goes on.

If you don't like dolphins getting killed, you shouldn't like anything else.

It's that simple.

If you don't eat tuna 'cause it might have dolphin in it, you shouldn't eat sushi or xmas ham. You shouldn't eat turkey on thanksgiving and then preach about someone being cruel for raising cows.

EDIT: Except Seals. Those f*ckers should burn in hell who go clubbing 'em :D

i still think there is a difference when you shoot a pig or cow in the head an they die in 1 sec then doing like those sick ppl in this movie..

this movie is even worse then what you get to see in animal cops on animal planet an some of that shit is also just SICK :( feel so angry when i see some of those dogs an horses who's just skin an bone an havent had any food for weeks :(

Thorwyn

FH is my second home

I didn´t click the link, mostly because I can´t stand watching animals die. Yeah, call me strange, I can´t help it.

However, I think the deciding difference is, HOW they´re getting killed. I don´t have problems with people killing animals to eat them. However, I think that IF we´re eating them, then at least don´t let them suffer more than - well - than neccessary. It´s a matter of respect in my opinion. Don´t even get me started about all this religious stuff. :

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
True, true. And i wasn't commenting on how they die. BAsicly it's the same as with humans, if you need to kill 'em, kill 'em fast.

Didn't watch the vid myself, same reason "Not wanting to see animals die", weird huh, was just pointing out that differentiating animals from animals, or even humans in my mind, is pointless.

Yes, i'd still shoot a baby before i shoot a puppy.

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
There is a big difference between the killing of animals that have been raises for food, comparied to the killing of already endangered wild creatures. Thats what pisses me off so much about Japan, they don't care about they are killing lots of already endangered creatures, just so they can make a quick buck. They use the argument about how they need the money, which they can't get if they don't whale etc, but guess what, when all the whale are extinct because of your actions, then you won't be able to whale, so you wo't have any money then, and we would have made extinct yet another entire species.

I do eat meat, and I do like it, but I only eat animals that have been raised for that purpose (or once a deer that were shot by game keepers that where controlling the herd size, as there are now no wolves left in England to do it naturally), and even then, I refuse to eat any animal that has been battery farmed etc.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
So, I`m not alone :D

definately not, and i couldnt watch the movie either, i listened to the first 10 seconds and had to switch off. though i would disagree with you Toht on a point i think killing an animal from a sustainable source (i.e. cows, sheep, pigs the usual farm animals) and killing animals to eat just because its "unusual" is totally dispicable.

its like we kill cows and use lether, im fine with that theres nothing i like more than being top to toe in the stuff however fur coats make me sick because usually the animals are killed for the fur only (i could be wrong here and the cows they kill for lether might not be used to eat so please correct me if im wrong) or when the chinese medicene trade or african tourist trade kill animals which are usually rare or on the endangered list just for useless parts it makes me choke.

i think there is definately a distinction in what animals are killed, for what reason are they killed and how many which makes it acceptable or not.

however if anyone wants to go on a clown hunt i'll merrily sponsor that.

*glares*

you know who you are!

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Dahakon said:
There is a big difference between the killing of animals that have been raises for food, comparied to the killing of already endangered wild creatures.

Well thoose dolphins aint exactly endangered :>

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ezteq said:
however if anyone wants to go on a clown hunt i'll merrily sponsor that.

*glares*

you know who you are!

*grins*

*best samuel L. Chuckleson voice*

Bring it... :flame:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
fucking emo crybabies, cut your black hair with your bloody razors and take a look down your weenie, oh right - its not there. i claim every one in this thread is a fucking EMO!

(serious note inc when i get back from town)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Not going to click the link, just because I don't like seeing dolphins in... non dolphimic(? oO) form

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Yes, i'd still shoot a baby before i shoot a puppy.

Yeah ive brought this point up alot , that theyre both equal in my eyes to being 'shot'. It seems to enrage alot of people though, dont really understand why.

I'd only say i'd "rather" shoot a human is when i think they in some way deserve it, with a dog being completely innocent in my eyes.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Succi said:
Ok firstly , tris your an idiot.

care to back that up with something, or can i just assume its because your a complete twat who likes to spout nonsense for no reason?

Succi said:
but i suppose it "ok" cuz its to do with religion , and everybody is too scared to start pointing fingers in that subject huh

no not really. religion is a load of fucking shit and so is everything to do with it. killing things inhumanley because of some guys split personality thousands of years ago said you should, is silly. anyone using religion as an excuse for anything really needs their head checking.

@amanita: i agree we have responsibility for our environment considering we are somehow at the top. the Mayans put it best that trees give life and the trees will take it away when the last one dies.

@someone who said we shove what we think down the chinkys throat: there is no real reason at all people need to eat tigers cock and dolphin lips etc thats why i feel its pointless to kill them. why do you need to eat a tigers cock when you can kill a chicken? chicken tastes like everything anyway.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
sure

tris- said:
by me its fine to pull legs off an insect.
its fine to kill cows and pigs for food.

why? because these creatures fucking suck ass and dont give a shit about anything except eating grass and flying about pissing you off.

because that is something a very stupid person believes in. Oh and your also racist by the looks of it.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
after all, its survival of the fittest - in this sence of our evolution with science and all, we're the fittest (we would also be the fittest because of our mental state, being able to create simple weapons but we'd be damned more threatend). There's a reason why evolution cut off 90% of all species, they weren't fit for living on an ever evolving planet. We will in the end probably die anyway or adept which we are quite good at, or die from our own polution. after many million of years the earth will be back to zero (time before humans i mean) and animals will evolve again and this process will keep going untill the earth is consumed by the sun.
i dont hate animals or anything, but i belive that everything that happens on the earth is evolutions and if species cant adept they will die. thats how nature works.
@ tris- argument about eating chickens instead of tiger cocks:
why even bother eating meat when we can GMO any veggie to taste and act like we want to (to some extend?). meat only delivers 10% of the energy consumed back to us in form of meat, veggies are healthier and we can get almost if not everything from them we need.

@ gonnla (sorry i cant copy\paste and alot of stupid actions atm Oo)
if pigs werent considered worth eating or keeping as farm animal it would still live freely in the nature. now no pigs live on farms, get fed and do nothing that they used to do,so they will not be able to survive in the wild, goes for any animal that has lived completly isolated from its original inhabitat

now i still think this is cruel etc. but as already mentioned, there is much worse things than animal cruelty...

hope it made half sence but im afraid it didnt :/ will try and edit abit in it after i restart browser

noblok

Part of the furniture
A question to the people who believe animals and humans are equal, but still eat meat: would you agree with humans being raised in farms for consumption?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
i dont hate animals or anything, but i belive that everything that happens on the earth is evolutions and if species cant adept they will die. thats how nature works.

This might be correct, but it´s still a pretty reduced POV. I mean... with this argument, you can justify any case of genocide, euthanasia, war, basically all forms of violence.
This case isn´t about survival of the fittest. There is no competition between mankind and dolphins. There is also no competition between mankind and cows. So it´s not about "surviving". In this situation, it´s crystal clear, that the humans ARE already superior to the other species, so there´s no need to prove that. People got the mind, the hands and the tools to kill and extinct other species whenever they want. The deciding question is: why would they do that? If it´s really in the human nature to perform stuff like this without the slightest bit of concience or empathy, then I really doubt that out superirotiy is really so superior.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, its survival of the fittest, but i don't think in races, but in individual lifeforms, if i would be standing next to those fucking shit***** in the movie with whatever weapon, they would better evolve into something that can withstand me fucking fast, because i would attempt to butcher them all.
And if i would be succesful, well.... then they were not fit for living, thats the way i see it, thats the way nature works xD

tris-

Succi said:
sure

because that is something a very stupid person believes in. Oh and your also racist by the looks of it.
not really much of an argument there. its so poor infact i feel no point trying to defend what i typed :p

would you care to quote something where i intentionally belittled people because of their skin colour?

if you are refering to 'chinky', thats a common word around here that we use to describe people of chinese origion. there is no harm intended with it.

Huntingtons said:
@ tris- argument about eating chickens instead of tiger cocks:
why even bother eating meat when we can GMO any veggie to taste and act like we want to (to some extend?). meat only delivers 10% of the energy consumed back to us in form of meat, veggies are healthier and we can get almost if not everything from them we need.

where is your proof veggies are healthier? all the veggies i know have sufferd deficiences in many things and usually very under weight.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
This might be correct, but it´s still a pretty reduced POV. I mean... with this argument, you can justify any case of genocide, euthanasia, war, basically all forms of violence.
This case isn´t about survival of the fittest. There is no competition between mankind and dolphins. There is also no competition between mankind and cows. So it´s not about "surviving". In this situation, it´s crystal clear, that the humans ARE already superior to the other species, so there´s no need to prove that. People got the mind, the hands and the tools to kill and extinct other species whenever they want. The deciding question is: why would they do that? If it´s really in the human nature to perform stuff like this without the slightest bit of concience or empathy, then I really doubt that out superirotiy is really so superior.
I don't think the lion is trying to prove to the gazelle that they are superior and neither are we by extinguishing species.

There's always consequences of the actions we and any living creature preforms and in the end I belive that man will perish from our selfishness. It's such a tricky (woo my browser decided to work again) question to work with, life on earth. Why does it matter if lions live or die? are they a special creature with magical powers to bring harmony in the universe? im too feeble minded to gasp the complexity of life on Earth :( (and alot of other things as well so no need to bring that up!) i just belive that everything that happen is evolution, but not to justify genocide or anything, for me its a fact of life (my head is imploding when im trying to explain my thoughts on this, sorry!). if evolution isnt the purpose of life, life itself to me is meaningless.

A pigs purpose in life is to replicate, right? now breeding pigs homozygot (dunno english word for it, prolly same?) methods (taking best genes to fertalize each other) give the best genes which makes the pigs purpose of life complete - bred animals are the only animals who have completed the biological purpose of life (i assume?)

tris-

the reason species shouldnt be made extinct is because there is absolutley no need for everyone to go around killing them.

i dont see how its reasonable to hunt down and kill gorrilas just to sell the fur.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
where is your proof veggies are healthier? all the veggies i know have sufferd deficiences in many things and usually very under weight.
being vegatarian you get all you need of minerals, vitamins, proteins, carbs and fat. (althought im not sure about saturated fat, maybe you combind desaturated fat into saturated, i think thats how it works [cell membranes are made from saturated fat]). some vital vitamins can bind in water and veggies has a high content of water
meat can give you the vitamins and minerals you need to some extend via proteins but only in lesser dozes. The fat from animals is ONLY saturated fat of which you need 30% of the fat you digest (which is 10% of all your intake). you get few carbs and many proteins, protein is harder to digest and you will not reserve protein that you dont directly need (therefore losing alot of energy and alot of vitamins/minerals).
meat is usually filled with pesticides (right word?) from eating veggies and other places im not able to specify at the moment not being able to get rid of them, getting them in very concentrated amounts (ecological meat will to some extend diminish this area) anti-biotica and probably more dangerous god-knows-what chemicals.
this is some of the stuff i remember on top of my head, cba to look for links, but believe me when i say it, im not trying to be smart or anything but its the way it is.
also I deem this a quite valid argument. you can survive and live healthy solely from veggies, but not solely from meat.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not going to take part in this discussion as it is pointless. All that needs to be said is that what is happening in that video is wrong and needs to be stopped.

However, what I don't like is all this pig-bashing. I want to point out that pigs are quite intelligent animals. I don't know all the details, but I saw a TV programme about them once and it is a myth that they are stupid like the cow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom