Damn you, dolphinsandwich!

..? :p

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
crispy said:
Less QQ.

Animals die cause we eat em. And thats how it looks ^_^

But i agree, there's no need to torment em like that :>
It's not how it looks, if ur gna kill an animal, do it simple and quick, not let em sufficate.
Sooo u've eaten dolphin have u? dolphin r cute, ye we eat meat coz hu da fuck needs a pig ? they r fat ugly and u cant cuddle up 2 em and they smell

J s p

Loyal Freddie
crispy said:
Less QQ.

Animals die cause we eat em. And thats how it looks ^_^

But i agree, there's no need to torment em like that :>

Think it's funny do ya?

How about i stick a machete through your leg and we will see who's laughing then!

Little Boy said:
It's not how it looks, if ur gna kill an animal, do it simple and quick, not let em sufficate.
Sooo u've eaten dolphin have u? dolphin r cute, ye we eat meat coz hu da fuck needs a pig ? they r fat ugly and u cant cuddle up 2 em and they smell

Shouldn't really matter wether the animal is cute or fugly. I saw a video a while back about what happens to farm animals, I'd go vegetarian because of it, but I dislike fruit and veg :<

Dukat

Resident Freddy
J s p said:
Think it's funny do ya?

How about i stick a machete through your leg and we will see who's laughing then!

He didnt say anything about it being funny. You seem to have missed the point of what he is saying.

Animals die because companies make money from thier deaths. Sad but true.

The reason they 'torment' them like that is because it is the most efficient way of 'fishing' them, its not particularly to hurt them but to trigger the desired response - they wound random ones to try to stop them from seperating.

Its horrible I agree, and it makes my blood boil, but it does happen and what crispy is saying is spot on to a greater or lesser extent.

Lowering the level of the convosation to "OMG IMA CHOP YO HEAD OFF !!!" doesnt make what he's saying any less true, it only makes you look like a 5 year old who doesnt have the capacity for logical thought. :touch:

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Shouldn't really matter wether the animal is cute or fugly. I saw a video a while back about what happens to farm animals, I'd go vegetarian because of it, but I dislike fruit and veg :<
We didnt see that 1 :p we saw this 1 :D, ye but it is all pretty groce how they do it, i saw it on the F word (Gordon Ramsy) pretty skank aye :(

Little Boy said:
We didnt see that 1 :p we saw this 1 :D, ye but it is all pretty groce how they do it, i saw it on the F word (Gordon Ramsy) pretty skank aye :(

I was just using it in the same context :p If i ate Dolphin, I'd want to go vege also, but won't cause of reasons i stated a min ago ^^

uron

Loyal Freddie
nothing wrong with eating animals at all. but they way they are caught and kill is discraceful, how tht is allowed to happen in this day and age i wonder. sure by all means farm a few dolphins in cages and humanly kill em like is done with salmon or wateva, but tht is evil and twisted how they do tht.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
The way I justify not being a vegetarian:

Meat tastes nice, however its also more or less necessary to maintain our bodies.

I would kill in order to eat. I wouldnt kill for the sake of it, nor would i do it if I didnt have to, however if it was a case of me dying of hunger or the cute looking wabbit getting the chop, bunny is going to have to go bye byes :) Therefore I will eat meat that I did not myself kill, since I would have to if I didnt buy it from a supermarket.

Its the way nature works. The same way a shark would kill me if it was hungry and I happened to be on the menu.

I do not condone the treatment these dolphins are getting, nor do I like the way alot of animals are treated in the far east, but that doesnt mean I'm going to go vegetarian :) just that if I was the hunter I would treat my prey with a little more respect :)

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
well, tbh, im contridicting (sp?) myself here.
How many of u when u were younger caught daddy long legs (or w/e they r called ) and pulled their wings and legs off ? even with spiders ?

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Pretty horrible but reminded me of the livestock video where they hang up the live cows by hooks and slit their throats and then it takes ages for them to die, that happens over here in the West aswell.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Fucking cu.nts. How the fuck can you do that? :(

Maybe i should launch a hate campaign on the japs in my halls of residence :p

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
:'( thats pretty sick letting them suffer like that... and the way they use the dolphins own good nature against them to catch them, i.e. they dont leave a dying family member behind.

Dragging the dolphin behind the back of a lorry too... thats fucking sick.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
omg thats just sick , couldnt even watch it all. :( guess that what happens when you drop nukes on a country :(

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
man, cows are threated badly, the fish is threated badly...maybe i should become a vegetarian :(

- English -

Resident Freddy
I am basically a vegitarian due to the fact of animal welfare. I dont enjoy meat enough to allow myself to feel that its ok to kill any animal to eat. Although I do love sausage/bacon, I can easily part without this to see the pig i kept alive.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Little Boy said:
well, tbh, im contridicting (sp?) myself here.
How many of u when u were younger caught daddy long legs (or w/e they r called ) and pulled their wings and legs off ? even with spiders ?

well there is a difference and it probably sounds hypocritial.

by me its fine to pull legs off an insect.
its fine to kill cows and pigs for food.

why? because these creatures fucking suck ass and dont give a shit about anything except eating grass and flying about pissing you off.

dolphins are highely intellient. yes they got suckerd into a trap, but they rely on sonar like we rely on our vision. if someone turned the lights out and chased you down with an axe you wouldnt last too long either.

i see no reason to kill dolphins or any animals apart from what we get in the standard farm. we need the farm animals to help us survive and yeh money will be made because the farmer doesnt care for our well being, he just wants cash. but there isnt really anything we need from a dead dolphin :\

they could kill all the blue wales though, np. with all their volume out of the ocean the sea level will drop sufficiently to prevent flooding from the global warming we apparently cause!

- English - said:
I am basically a vegitarian due to the fact of animal welfare. I dont enjoy meat enough to allow myself to feel that its ok to kill any animal to eat. Although I do love sausage/bacon, I can easily part without this to see the pig i kept alive.

dude, old mc donald wont stop killing a pig just because you didnt eat a sausage or two. you cant be that naive surely?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
well there is a difference and it probably sounds hypocritial.

by me its fine to pull legs off an insect.
its fine to kill cows and pigs for food.

also the fact that dolphins are cute an stuff makes this even more sick imo :(

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure it's not a popular thing to hear, but go look at some nature documentaries sometime.

You very rarely see the presenters complaining that the lion isn't killing the gazelle in a humane manner. Evolution (i.e. us becoming more than the monkey) actually relied on predators taking advantage of the weak points of our prey, it's the way nature has worked for the last several million years.

You can argue that maybe we have evolved past a point we need to do that, and you can argue that what you're actually seeing is a very small snippet from our evolutional history that wouldn't look that bad if you saw the bigger picture. I think sometimes we are getting slightly too soppy about the fact that the dolphin is cute so shouldn't be harmed, while breeding and farming hundreds of pigs and cows without a second thought about it. Doesn't mean that I agree with it, just that there is more than one side to the argument before yelling evil!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
Although I do love sausage/bacon, I can easily part without this to see the pig i kept alive.

I would guess that had the pig not been considered tasty by humans a while ago, there would probably not actually be any left by now. If everyone in the world became a vegitarian, the animals you are trying to save would become almost extinct in a very short space of time, simply because they only survive at the moment because we need them for food.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
However gruesome it may be. Whales are harpooned, lobsters cooked alive, cows and pigs shot.
Why? Because we eat them. I agree that animals shouldn't suffer more than necessary.
But, i'd eat a dolphin sandwich. And I still like the japanese.

Alot worse than this is done to animals around the world.

tris-

Golena said:
You very rarely see the presenters complaining that the lion isn't killing the gazelle in a humane manner.

thats different imo.

the lion eats the gazelle to try live a bit longer. he doesnt maul it to near death, call in the lads and truck it off to his gazelle food emporium to make a few quid.

the human kills the gazelle, calls in the lads and trucks it off to walkabout so people can eat a burger thats made from gazelle meat and make a few quid.

noblok

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
dude, old mc donald wont stop killing a pig just because you didnt eat a sausage or two. you cant be that naive surely?
Would you argue the same thing if it were humans instead of animals? Do you think it'd be acceptable to kill someone if you had 100% certainty someone else would do it if you didn't do it (e.g. in a war situation where 'your camp' captured some people from the other camp and is going to execute them)? I'm not a vegetarian myself, but I consider moral integrity an important thing. Just because it doesn't have any practical effect, doesn't mean he's naive. It means he isn't a hypocrite.

Another example would the Bekennende Kirche in nazi-germany. Sure, it didn't stop Hitler, but I believe it was a better choice than not doing anything or supporting Hitler nonetheless.

tris-

the lad directly said he would go without them if it means the pig can stay alive.

which to me is saying he believe not eating a sausage will stop a pig from dieing.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Hmm, you're right. I probably misread his post. I interpretted it as "to see a pig live," or something along those lines. Now I re-read the post that does seem a bit too different from what it actually says :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom