NSFSenstive: Dolphin Massacre

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
thats different imo.

the lion eats the gazelle to try live a bit longer. he doesnt maul it to near death, call in the lads and truck it off to his gazelle food emporium to make a few quid.

Most of the people doing it are probably using that few quid to buy the food needed to feed their families. The difference is the lion doesn't have another 8 million lions sitting at home with a freezer full of food watching them going, hmm seems wrong to me.

- English -

Resident Freddy
It also sickens me to see how much meat is wasted throughout my little key hole of knowledge. Working as a manager in the food industry were its my responsiblity to make sure there is never out of date food, annoys me to see how much gets thrown away straight into the bin.

When you imagine this in a global scale, there must be huge amounts of waste. Can anyone agree that is fair? I mean if there wasnt all this waste, animals could be spared life or something.

I am only a vegitarian due to the fact i love animals and grew up with them throughout my life... Not necessarily farm animals but dogs, cats, guinea pigs etc. None of my family are vegitarians so its purely at my own will to say I dont want meat. Thats why Im having a healthy salad for my xmas meal !

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
the lad directly said he would go without them if it means the pig can stay alive.

which to me is saying he believe not eating a sausage will stop a pig from dieing.

The truth is probably closer to, not eating a sausage will mean the farmer breeds one less pig next year. It's the biggest flaw in the "not eating meat saves animals" argument that vegatarians use. Not eating meat produced in un-humane manners probably does the animals in question much better than just not eating it at all if you actually look at the whole picture.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Just a question here. Do all you vegitarians believe you love animals more, than us people who remain carnivorous? Just out of curiousity :)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
not eating meat saves animals argument sucks .. Because if the farmer starts to sell less meat he will start to find a new way to make it cheaper for him to produce pigs an that way the condistions for the pigs will proberly be worse an they will suffer even more then they did when they got shot in the head an died in 1 sec.

think about it ? would you suffer for 10 sec once or for 1 year 24-7

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Blackjack said:
Just a question here. Do all you vegitarians believe you love animals more, than us people who remain carnivorous? Just out of curiousity :)

I've also wondered why killing a pig is different to killing a carrot. The only scientific difference between the 2 things is the pig is able to move about further on it's own.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Blackjack said:

I dont judge anyone for eating meat. As i said, i just personally dont agree with it. Say what you want to try persuade my mind, but I cannot change.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
I dont judge anyone for eating meat. As i said, i just personally dont agree with it. Say what you want to try persuade my mind, but I cannot change.

no no, this has nothing to do with meat or no meat. :) I really do want an answer to my question :) Do you believe you love animals more than people who are not vegitarians? :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
Blackjack said:
no no, this has nothing to do with meat or no meat. :) I really do want an answer to my question :) Do you believe you love animals more than people who are not vegitarians? :)

I thought I answered it by saying I do not judge anyone. Vegitarian or not, Id say people, but this isnt about that. I feel its about animal welfare and their right to life like ours (laugh if you want :p)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
I feel its about animal welfare and their right to life like ours (laugh if you want :p)

This bit has always puzzled me..

Should you stop a fox from killing a bunch of chickens for food. Either the chickens die because the fox eats them, or the fox dies through hunger. There's not really a "don't hurt an animal" way to resolve it. Nature relies on animals eating other animals.

It's your choice and i'm certainly not going to tell you your wrong, i've just never really understood the argument. If humans stopped eating animals then it wouldn't mean lots more animals got to live, it would just mean different animals got to live.

- English -

Resident Freddy
Golena said:
This bit has always puzzled me..

Should you stop a fox from killing a bunch of chickens for food. Either the chickens die because the fox eats them, or the fox dies through hunger. There's not really a "don't hurt an animal" way to resolve it. Nature relies on animals eating other animals.

It's your choice and i'm certainly not going to tell you your wrong, i've just never really understood the argument. If humans stopped eating animals then it wouldn't mean lots more animals got to live, it would just mean different animals got to live.

I suppose its just a self belief thing. Perhaps something on the line about feeling guilty of killing an animal to eat. As I said others can do what they want, I dont judge anyone for eating meat.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Eeben said:
you know tuna is a fish?

I mean i heard they mix dolphin with tuna on cans because no one can tell the difference :p

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
- English - said:
I suppose its just a self belief thing. Perhaps something on the line about feeling guilty of killing an animal to eat.

I doubt that I could eat an animal that I had actually known personally, so I can understand the I don't feel comfortable eating my mate piggy philosophy. Think this is sort of where you are going?

I can't understand the, I don't eat meat cos it's cruel on the animals version (assuming the animals wern't mistreated for cheapy pharming purposes).

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I cried. :(

From some of the vegetarians I've met I get the impression that they became vegetarians so they could beat everyone else around the head with the moral high ground stick. I doubt many older (wiser?) vegetarians believe that by cutting out meat from their diet they're saving any animals, but instead choose to just not have any part in the whole gruesome process. I avoid the whole subject in my own head. I enjoy eating meat too much to give it up.

As an intelligent species at the top of the food chain I think we do have a responsibility to the environment around us. Otherwise what else would make us "better" than the animals that we slaughter for our food? Yes, these guys are doing it for their own survival, and that of their families. I'm going down the possibly naieve path of believing that society has to and will make changes to the way people have to live their lives out there. But naturally I've grown up in a cushy lifestyle, parents who do tertiary work and not the kind of work these people in the video do. So my view is definately not objective, or maybe not even realistic.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Ok firstly , tris your an idiot.

Secondly this sucks , but it sucks just as much as Kosher/Halal animals are killed ... and this is on a much larger scale. So dont go hating your local japanese without thinking about jewish/muslim cruelty also.

was gonna link this : http://youtube.com/watch?v=n9VEqvf3Agg which showed footage of it happening... but it was too graphic for youtube i guess

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shechita :F

but i suppose it "ok" cuz its to do with religion , and everybody is too scared to start pointing fingers in that subject huh

liloe

It's my birthday today!
J s p said:
Think it's funny do ya?

How about i stick a machete through your leg and we will see who's laughing then!

You do not understand the basics of sarcasm, do you? Have you ever eaten a sausage in your life? Or a steak? How about I slit your throat with a machete and see who's eating then...

Where did Crispy say he approves what's going on? Show me and I might agree with your answer.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Golena said:
I've also wondered why killing a pig is different to killing a carrot. The only scientific difference between the 2 things is the pig is able to move about further on it's own.

You aint a scientist, wonder how i know that ! :p
There is a big different betwen a pig and carrots except the pigs ability to move . The carrots lack of brain/conscious/nerve system. Which for example leads to the fact that carrot cant feel pain, a pig can (or maybe they just scream for fun) :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Thats old :( and yes cruel.... japanese also kill kittens and eat them... that aside dolphins are killed because rich people pay top $$$ for there munchies :l so naturally people farm them and use it as a business... just like you would in a game to farm an item or such to sell for cash.. and yes again i do agree its cruel but thats life.. thats humans.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
this is gonna sound a bit insensitive... but... i dont care how i get my food

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:

hahah , please continue posting so that the people with an iq above 80 can have a good laugh.

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Those greedy corporate executives who organize these "slaughter parties" should get the same treatment:

1) tie their hands together
2) tie their legs together
3) pull them around abit behind a truck
4) slit their throat open with a machete and let them suffocate to death and see them twitch like the poor mammals in the vid

Man, I haven't been this angry and sad for a long, LONG time. I have always known these things happen but seeing them was bit too much. I haven't been eating tuna and I won't be eating tuna since some cans might sontain some dolphin meat.

Thats just wrong. Wrong.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
This kind of thing really does make me wonder about going veggie, the same as when i watched a documentary about the way the Chinese prepare meat/kill animals. not sure i ever could though as i am not particularly fond of vegetables.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
i love animals but i am a meat eater, i dont eat much these days at all but its not because im turning vegitarian. However i do strongly believe that if your going to raise an animal to eat you should treat it with some god damned respect, seeing animals beaten and kept in tiny enclosures or fed until they expload or tortured just before theyre killed makes me so sick i just cant explain it.

these animals arnt giving their lives voluntarily, they dont know theyre going to be killed and eaten, theyre not noble in sacrificing themselves but fgs the very absoloute least we can do is give them a nice quality of life before they die to feed us.

I also believe that there should be "food" animals and "non food" animals, we dont need to go round eating every sodding living thing we see just to see what its like i mean the chinese eat pretty much anything and its just not necessary, in africa sadly the bush meat trade is still going on though thankfully in smaller amounts than previously but people are still killing gorillas for food.

I dont go by the ideal that cute animals should not be eaten, i find pigs adorable, babe is one of my favourite movies but i still eat bacon, even though i know that pigs are actually more intelligent than dogs, they are bred as food animals.

The reference that someone made towards nature programmes and the actions taken by the japanese is not one i agree with because animals generally only kill to eat (unless youve had a fox in the chicken enclosure and its gone a bit crazy and killed them all) they do sometimes play with their food, we have all seen a cat doing something like this im sure and you might have seen on the wildlife progs where a lion catches an animals and wounds it enough so that its young can practice killing, its gross but they have to learn to feed themselves. The whole point im trying to make here is that animals, though far from dumb, dont really know any better,

Humans like to consider themselves a highly evolved species so fgs we should know better, we should be taking care of other species and only eating what we need, only killing what we need, we should be more responsible.

I can never (and this might just be me being thick) understand how people can inflict cruelty on animals, i just can not comprehend it.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Golena said:
The truth is probably closer to, not eating a sausage will mean the farmer breeds one less pig next year. It's the biggest flaw in the "not eating meat saves animals" argument that vegatarians use. Not eating meat produced in un-humane manners probably does the animals in question much better than just not eating it at all if you actually look at the whole picture.
Hmm, I can't completely agree with that. Before the animal is born, it doesn't exist. There is no state before life which can be compared to the state of the living creature. This means that you can't really say it's better off living a short life to be killed for food afterwards, since there's no point of comparison. A life worth living is not just a life that's better compared to not living at all. Even though the only option not to live a 'worthless' life is death, this doesn't mean the state of death is better than the state of a worthless life; the two can't be compared.

Although I agree that not eating meat doesn't save animals, I'm not entirely convinced that - from a vegetarian perspective - not eating meat produced in un-humane manners does the animals in question much better than just not eating it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom