Ns Infils

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
yadda yadda

level 50 style? no its not brilliant but it is an extremely powerful long duration bleed, but 9 times out of 10 i'd use the stun choice instead.

However turning down the increased damage cap and weaponskill, which is the bread and butter of an offensive tank is simply not acceptable, let alone going down from 50 to 44. That would basically negate all my skill advantage from being high RR, no thankyou.

Certain other rangers often accuse me of being biased, but I think your taking the biscuit here, and I certainly don't need you to tell me how to spec, and judging by your suggestions here, thats a very good thing.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Certain other rangers often accuse me of being biased, but I think your taking the biscuit here, and I certainly don't need you to tell me how to spec, and judging by your suggestions here, thats a very good thing.

I'm not telling you how to spec
You seem to be deliberately ignoring that fact

What I am saying is that you have spec options that give you more utility than your 1 on 1 melee max damage/defense spec, and for that extra utility you sacrifice some damage.

You don't use them quit complaining about not being able to deal with a hunter when the option is there.

I don't see 12 bow rangers complaining that they cant take on casters with their bow do you?
Or buff/heal specced druids complain that their pet is grey con.

You forfiet all the defense a shield affords against archers by speccing a certain way in order to beat melee classes in a toe to toe battle.
Don't complain that they can shoot you.

You had the choice to spec differently to increase your utility/defense against bow classes.
You choose differently.
Deal with it.

And for the record
I think in this instance you are exceptionally biased.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
However turning down the increased damage cap and weaponskill, which is the bread and butter of an offensive tank is simply not acceptable, let alone going down from 50 to 44. That would basically negate all my skill advantage from being high RR, no thankyou.

oh gawd! noooo!!!

you would be hitting like a RR4 50 pole armsman....yer know, a RR4 50 polearmsman WITH enough RA points to have loadsa crits, and aug str and wot have yer. you do realise it would still hurt like fuck right? and the utility you would get would help you in other ways, ways which in alot of peoples opinons would be worth the loss on your dickswinging caps. for starters if you had 42 shield (im not saying you should) you could get slamming for ALOT more free dmg than 44 -> 50 polearms would give. but hey, we bow to you all powerful tin can of spam. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
I'm not telling you how to spec
You seem to be deliberately ignoring that fact

What I am saying is that you have spec options that give you more utility than your 1 on 1 melee max damage/defense spec, and for that extra utility you sacrifice some damage.

You don't use them quit complaining about not being able to deal with a hunter when the option is there.

I don't see 12 bow rangers complaining that they cant take on casters with their bow do you?
Or buff/heal specced druids complain that their pet is grey con.

You forfiet all the defense a shield affords against archers by speccing a certain way in order to beat melee classes in a toe to toe battle.
Don't complain that they can shoot you.

You had the choice to spec differently to increase your utility/defense against bow classes.
You choose differently.
Deal with it.

And for the record
I think in this instance you are exceptionally biased.

Your wrong, I chose my spec to give me the MOST utility and make me viable in as many siturations as possible. If I changed my spec to what you suggest, all that would achieve is make it hard for a hunter to kill me and far far easier for most other classes to kill me. And I STILL wouldn't be able to actually catch or finish the hunters off, they just wouldn't be able to easily shoot me back either.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Your wrong, I chose my spec to give me the MOST utility and make me viable in as many siturations as possible. If I changed my spec to what you suggest, all that would achieve is make it hard for a hunter to kill me and far far easier for most other classes to kill me. And I STILL wouldn't be able to actually catch or finish the hunters off, they just wouldn't be able to easily shoot me back either.

you're a few biscuits short of a barrel arn't you?

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
you're a few biscuits short of a barrel arn't you?

Ah I see, your well structured arguement there has made me see the light, what was I thinking. :eek7:

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Ah I see, your well structured arguement there has made me see the light, what was I thinking. :eek7:

you're accusing ME if not having well structured arguements?

i suggest you re-read every post you have made in the last 2 pages.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
you're accusing ME if not having well structured arguements?

i suggest you re-read every post you have made in the last 2 pages.

I have taken the time to explain why at least in nearly all cases, im still waiting to hear an explantion for your criticism on spec.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
I have taken the time to explain why at least in nearly all cases, im still waiting to hear an explantion for your criticism on spec.

it wasnt criticism on your spec at all, it was criticism of your cognitive ability.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Neffneff said:
it wasnt criticism on your spec at all, it was criticism of your cognitive ability.

You accused me of being 'not all there' after I posted my reasons for my spec'. How can that not possibly be seen as a critism on spec?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hawkwind said:
Having played caby for quite some time, using mainly Amber pet in RvR, I have never seen pet stun anyone not in melee range and also never seen it chain stun them either.

On subject, yet another knee jerk reaction to boost another mid class, not like Hunters were the worst melee stealthers.

The stun is an instant cast 700 range spell on the pet, also they removed chain stun a long while back cause it was so OP.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bahumat said:
also they removed chain stun a long while back cause it was so OP.
well, fairly sure its broken then, its not as bad as it once was but its still a problem at times.

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm im glad i quit a few months ago by the looks of whats has happend :eek7:
I used to love fighting hunters 1vs1 :(

Matt

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
well, fairly sure its broken then, its not as bad as it once was but its still a problem at times.

Can't say i am an expert on the matter, but i was thinking perhaps because it's such a short duration stun, it also gives a short immunitytimer. So if you get stunned once every 10 seconds or so, it might feel (or simply classify as) chainstunning. That explanation makes sense to me anyway. :p

pip

Banned
Blizard said:
ROLF

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Blizard said:

I miss decent scouts, Blitzmate :<

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Congax said:
I miss decent scouts, Blitzmate :<

Ye i miss u too bud, was great waving to u and watching u fight whilst i was in the shadows!

pip

Banned
Blizard said:
Ye i miss u too bud, was great waving to u and watching u fight whilst i was in the shadows!
Miss your pms /crying at me :( lol when you ever solo? last mounth before you quit, cause you could not handle solo?

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Haha Pip... you were one of the worst Hunters on the server bud in all fairness! :wanker: Did you ever kill me? ..... nope!
The amount of times i saw you fire at me from range then run was beyond me! lol
At the end of the day, it was people like you though that made me want to try kill you all the time and whenever i saw your name... it was like ooooo gota kill... gota kill etc :)
I just hope you play with alittle more respect than what you used to play!
Anyway miss ya all....

pip

Banned
Blizard said:
Haha Pip... you were one of the worst Hunters on the server bud in all fairness! :wanker: Did you ever kill me? ..... nope!
The amount of times i saw you fire at me from range then run was beyond me! lol
At the end of the day, it was people like you though that made me want to try kill you all the time and whenever i saw your name... it was like ooooo gota kill... gota kill etc :)
I just hope you play with alittle more respect than what you used to play!
Anyway miss ya all....
We never got to fight 1v1 did we ? but hell i do miss ya, in early days you no it was rouge zerg v rouge zerg:fluffle: pitty your mates left:(

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
Miss your pms /crying at me :( lol when you ever solo? last mounth before you quit, cause you could not handle solo?

Be nice, Pip! :) And aye Blitz, Pip has became a nice guy! :D

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
pip said:
We never got to fight 1v1 did we ? but hell i do miss ya, in early days you no it was rouge zerg v rouge zerg:fluffle: pitty your mates left:(

We had some fun ill give ya that! but thats what its all about and that kept the game alive for me!
In the end it was to much can i kill him... ill wait til she hits me first... hes a good lad so i wont kill him... Inc zerg, eek dead! :)

pip

Banned
We had some Great fights tho:) I no you hated me, but I think it was more like you love to hate me:fluffle: Gl irl never forget the fun we used to have your a good gamer /hug

Ps...Lots of love Pip

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
New pets are bit lame, its like you see a hunter, you know he'll pop pet, stick it on you, disease/garrote, and kite you till god knows how long then you learn not to bother with hunters again, just kill pet and stealth. Nobodies getting any arpees off one person more than once this way. Really though, I prefer fights against infils / sbs who actually fight back, if your chasing someone then thats not a fight personally for me, sometimes its not about getting rps its about enjoying a challenging fight against someone of equal measures, even if you lose you know you coulda stood a chance if you didnt miss something or do something else like use a stun instead of an evade chain etc, with hunters its like it comes to an abrupt stop, you know theres not alot you can do, you know he's gonna now stick a pet on you and try kite, becomes zzz, but infs/sbs on the other hand, theres alot more you can do to widen the scope of the fight to challenge the outcome.

DeadOnArrival

Loyal Freddie
Blizard said:

Of All the enemies i remember i miss Blitz the most also..would make an excellent realmy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom