Ns Infils

cmr

Banned
Kagato said:
From what I have seen the pets are deseasing you before they have even hit you, twice now I have been deseased by the pets without even getting into melee range or the pet OR the hunter yet. So what good is Cowering Bellow when the damage is already done, your deseased (with no immunity timer) and the hunter is already sprinting away safe and sound.

Desease is one of the most stupidly over powered abilities in the game already, and Mythic seem to be handing it out to everyone rather then add more CC spells, when desease is in fact far worse with no immunity and no natural healing.

guess you have never noticed what cabby pets used to do and still do.....

chain stun when you are 1000 range away and they can even do it when they are stuck inside a keep gate etc

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
nah, sorc whit old SOI + moc + lt. can it be easier?

Congrats Tuppe for getting in a Sorc whine in a thread about Hunters :worthy:

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:
Pffft u wait till u see what they give scouts in the scout patch then :)
IF u talking about summon Zerg RA they allready have it ;)

Muppet

Fledgling Freddie
cmr said:
Seems to me like hunters are quite balenced, assassins can use mezz poison against pet, casters get CC and any solo tank is likely to be warlord so use pet scare and if your not you can most likely rip though a hunter like paper, only class thats really at a disadvantage is rangers and scouts, but i always tore though them with relative ease anyway so thats not affected

Thanks for elaborating my point :fluffle:

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm, maybe it's time to dust of my old BG hunter, who is no longer a BG hunter, because i accidentally dinged out of Leirvik while sneaking around the keep when hibs took it from albs and i got a free level for taking part in a successful keeptake!
Too bad we didn't have CW back then and i leveled it to 50. I have barely touched it since.
Time to go to Brynja!

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:
Congrats Tuppe for getting in a Sorc whine in a thread about Hunters :worthy:

well, if you check who i reply, he whine warlocks :worthy: .

Muppet said:
From the 3 defensive posts you did right after another, I assume you

1. play hunter
2. never played either scout nor ranger

Having said that, do you know what the average melee hit for a scout or ranger is then (in numbers)?

have hunter, thou rarely play. dont have rvr few months.
probably check changes but still class itself isnt intresting atm, still need something, pet changes was wrong stuff.
dont have ranger or scout, not intrested.

answer 3 different topic, way too hard for my braincells pack all same post, like this example ;)

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Zoia said:
Hmmm, maybe it's time to dust of my old BG hunter, who is no longer a BG hunter, because i accidentally dinged out of Leirvik while sneaking around the keep when hibs took it from albs and i got a free level for taking part in a successful keeptake!
Too bad we didn't have CW back then and i leveled it to 50. I have barely touched it since.
Time to go to Brynja!
Cool another Btynya Fotm zerger. Thats all we needed tbh.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Gamah said:
You're full of shit Raven.
care to point out which bit is "shit" ? or are you just spewing random crap as usual?

if you are saying heavy shield tanks aren't easy mode solo now (discounting caster scum) please feel free to tell me how you would beat one.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
Im not really sure how hunter can be compared to either ranger or scout at this level anymore.

Also looking at the screenshot, no monsterdamage........were talking about a pet why should it be doing all the work for the hunters then?!

Aiteal, I can show screen shots of me hitting with draw out for 900 damage etc. Doesnt mean thats the normal. Pet was prolly buffed. You could potentiall have been debuffed (AF or ABS (battler) or whatever resist type it was) pet could have been fully buffed (doorstepper etc)

I tested the pet damage versus other hunters i got lvl 40 one. Seems to do around 100 damage. Bit more than last time.

I dont agree with what hunters now have in terms of archer balance. Like hunters are top of the archer pile.

ranger has nice advantage dick swinging versus assasin, and omg u do notice and miss that sooo much playing a hunter. Hunter versus ranger is straight dick swining seems to be in favour of the hunter imo. But its still close enough that a good ranger can pwn you. I lost to secret in straight dick swing (1 all though agregate!)

----

as for kato.... If you seriously have any concerns over hunters as an armsman. You should just quit. If you are concerned about them you can even spec some shield and be basically immune to kite'n'snipe. Then when it comes to a dick swingin contest after u batter down the pet, you got a ASD anytimer that will hit for 500 damage and more melee I win timers that anything in the game. U simply cannot complain because now u have trouble getting to a hunter to 4 shot it. (not that I like this disese shit)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
as for kato.... If you seriously have any concerns over hunters as an armsman. You should just quit. If you are concerned about them you can even spec some shield and be basically immune to kite'n'snipe. Then when it comes to a dick swingin contest after u batter down the pet, you got a ASD anytimer that will hit for 500 damage and more melee I win timers that anything in the game. U simply cannot complain because now u have trouble getting to a hunter to 4 shot it. (not that I like this disese shit)

Right...so your saying I should respec so I can kill 1 class that never attacks me solo regardless, or I should quit?

I knew there was a reason I never ask you for advice, I just remembered what it was now.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
censi said:
Aiteal, I can show screen shots of me hitting with draw out for 900 damage etc. Doesnt mean thats the normal. Pet was prolly buffed. You could potentiall have been debuffed (AF or ABS (battler) or whatever resist type it was) pet could have been fully buffed (doorstepper etc)

It's US classic
It was insta cast/insta buffed from a hunter that stays in/near the water 99% of the time to abuse water bugs
No debuffs
On a shar with 36% (31 base/racial with champ weapon 5% resist buff) crush resists with PD2.

That's a big hit I'll grant you from the top level pet, maybe that hunter has high wild minion for crits

The old open field dynamic is gone
Scouts shield nullified hunter/ranger bow.
Hunters pet nullified ranger/scout bow.
Ranger halved scouts/hunters defense.

The damage by itself is not the problem
Its the fact that a hunter now has a way to render both my bow (as always) and now my melee useless for long periods of time.
3 spec lines all negated
Thats 2 more than remedy negated against shadowblades/infs

I havent beat a hunter on US classic since the new pet was introduced, I either loose or they get away.
Even when I start the fight on my terms with side stun followed by rear snare styles I only need to miss one snare style either by missing with my mainhand or they turn around to face so I hit them unstyled thus breaking the snare.
That's not a good dynamic.

Worse still is all the hunters now supporting a mos nerf, the mos nerf cries from assassins have quadrupled on VN since the new pet was introduced, and many hunters are throwing their weight behind this in order to deflect attention from the pet.

Thing is, once the new pet gets on you, there is really very little you can do as a ranger to win.
Sometimes you can survive and escape
But winning is a near impossibilty if the hunter has half a brain.

I remember your opinions on shammies kiting
Hunters are one step above shammies now in the kiting game.
Being gayed to death by an opponent you cannot shoot or stay in melee range for long enough to do serious damage to is frustrating to say the least.

The disease/snares need an immunity timer.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
cmr said:
guess you have never noticed what cabby pets used to do and still do.....

chain stun when you are 1000 range away and they can even do it when they are stuck inside a keep gate etc

Having played caby for quite some time, using mainly Amber pet in RvR, I have never seen pet stun anyone not in melee range and also never seen it chain stun them either.

On subject, yet another knee jerk reaction to boost another mid class, not like Hunters were the worst melee stealthers.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Right...so your saying I should respec so I can kill 1 class that never attacks me solo regardless, or I should quit?

I knew there was a reason I never ask you for advice, I just remembered what it was now.

In fairness
Your class, through shield spec has the tools available to it to deal with a kiting hunter.
Even with a low shield spec and your RR5, I cant see any hunter being able to bow you down in plate armour with sepc AF.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Raven said:
care to point out which bit is "shit" ? or are you just spewing random crap as usual?

if you are saying heavy shield tanks aren't easy mode solo now (discounting caster scum) please feel free to tell me how you would beat one.

They have been easy mode for ages m8..

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
In fairness
Your class, through shield spec has the tools available to it to deal with a kiting hunter.
Even with a low shield spec and your RR5, I cant see any hunter being able to bow you down in plate armour with sepc AF.

No it doesn't, it has the tools to not be killed by the hunter or at least make it a very very long fight. It does not have any tools to actually fight and win the hunter, you will never ever ever catch him and even *if* you could, you wouldn't be able to kill it fast enough before it could escape again.

A hunter simply does not have to lose any fight again against a solo enemy, he never has to get near or die unless he deliberatly puts himself at risk. He can just keep on kiting and kiting.

The only way you can possibly lose now is if the hunter gets cocky and does not run off in time and by a miracle your able to keep him snared until dead.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
oh god thats pretty clueless bro, even for you.

its crap and I dont agree with these changes but like visuals have nothing to fear from hunters. And tbh versus a heavy tank, if u didnt want to fight it, you were guerenteed an escape last patch anyway. speed boost, rr5, FZ, phase shift, whatever. I mean if you dont wanna fight u dont have to. 100 times easier now if u dont want fight, but it was easy to esacape before etc.

You got this real bias view towards other classes because the heavy tank class is the least mobile class in the game basically. But theres a reason for that, because they are a total friggin monster in dick swinging contests. hunter is the complete opposite with actually no class defense really (the odd evade)

but its funny you complaining because although you conceed you are unkillable to them, you dont like the fact they dont have to fight you and can get away. So what you awnt it to be unkillable and for them to have no chance to get away if u see one. GJ :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
No it doesn't, it has the tools to not be killed by the hunter or at least make it a very very long fight. It does not have any tools to actually fight and win the hunter, you will never ever ever catch him and even *if* you could, you wouldn't be able to kill it fast enough before it could escape again.

A hunter simply does not have to lose any fight again against a solo enemy, he never has to get near or die unless he deliberatly puts himself at risk. He can just keep on kiting and kiting.

The only way you can possibly lose now is if the hunter gets cocky and does not run off in time and by a miracle your able to keep him snared until dead.

if i had access to shield spec like yourself
i'd grab a pc'ed shield
stick one of the reactive snare proc on it (no immunity timer and very good proc rate, believe me I've replaced my omni proc on my chest on classic with one last night)
cowering below for the pet

and you stand a 1000% better chance than a ranger

your individual choosen spec hurts you as far as kiting hunters go
not your class
access to slam, engage, cowering below and snapshot (an ability many archers would kill for) put armsmen in a much much better position than many other classes like my own

if I could forget about the arrows like an armsman with shield spec can
kiting hunters wouldnt bother me

however as a ranger with no real defense to ranged attacks I MUST try to get to the hunter to melee him
otherwise I end up looking like a bloody soaked hedgehog even when i try to run away

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
heavy tanks shouldnt fear a hunter so much simply because of shieldspec as any clever heavy tank would spec..

assassin though, took out my inf for a spin in US some month ago and tbh, that new pet is just.. gross. A hunter that doesnt want to be killed, cannot be killed by an assassin, especially if the hunter has patience enough and is careful. Basically just wellplayed. WH, PHN, snarepet with range and bowdamage combined is a sick sick combo imo and its too good and it will abused to hell and back ofc. The sad thing is that this just is another blow to the solos out there, FoTMhunters everywhere following in shits like Denarius's footsteps=no reason to play at all.

Mos4+, wh and PHN, snareprocarmor, new FZ, snarepet is just a nightmare to deal with, would basically have to be able to 3-5shot a hunter to actually manage to kill him and.. how easy is that when hunters can specc PD and have defensive artifacts plus IP ontop of it all... Gimme a hunter with rank~7 and a decent template and I could probably kill any assassin out there with ease, most of the time it wouldnt even be hard. Its like playing a chanter with an underhill companion but with mos4 and way better defenses.. complete fkin easymode in the stealtherworld.

Some peeps keeps yapping about mezpoisons and shit.. well guys, a shortlasting mez on that pet while hitting a hunter with defenses up+snareproccarmor=you get snared and hunter is allowed to kite and there is absolutely nothing one can do about it, nothing. Guess what happens next? Yeps, pet is loose after a short time and it proccs ranged snares. Guess what happens next, you bash your keyboard to fucking bits and curse and kill your neighbour in frustration because a wellplayed hunter > you nomatter what you do. I dont give a shit about the noobs out there that die in 4 hits, they are just fodder but when Mythic take a step like this and just fucks the balance up vs good hunters completely, something is just plain wrong. People like Tesla that are about as skilled as my toenail is gonna kill better players than me with ease, just because of that pet and nothing but that pet. Thats balance for ya...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Urgluf said:
They have been easy mode for ages m8..
yes i know, which is why i haven't played my hero properly in ages, which is what i said.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
if i had access to shield spec like yourself
i'd grab a pc'ed shield
stick one of the reactive snare proc on it (no immunity timer and very good proc rate, believe me I've replaced my omni proc on my chest on classic with one last night)
cowering below for the pet

and you stand a 1000% better chance than a ranger

your individual choosen spec hurts you as far as kiting hunters go
not your class
access to slam, engage, cowering below and snapshot (an ability many archers would kill for) put armsmen in a much much better position than many other classes like my own

if I could forget about the arrows like an armsman with shield spec can
kiting hunters wouldnt bother me

however as a ranger with no real defense to ranged attacks I MUST try to get to the hunter to melee him
otherwise I end up looking like a bloody soaked hedgehog even when i try to run away

So not only should I change spec to be able to stop 1 class killing me and screw myself over for fighting anything else, I now need to change my reastive procs to snares to stop that 1 class escaping, despite the desease etc. Riiiight.

And as stated already, cowering bellow is useless, the pets are giving desease before they are even withing range.

As for snapshot, first you say I need to switch to shield spec, as a double spec class, which would mean Hybrid AND still find room for 25 cross bow spec too? Just how many spec points do you think Armsmen have to spare?

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato

Brite wanted me to point out the time when he killed you and your Paladin mate.

<Brite> SleezeR[Pwn] u can post to kagato.... what happened when brites solo hunter attacked him and his pally mate

Don't ask my why 'cause I'm a bit confused aswell!

But I'll do anything for Briteh :<

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Raimo said:
Cool another Btynya Fotm zerger. Thats all we needed tbh.
Hey, what can i say. I'm a well known doorstepper and adder. Of course i will camp Brynja if i play my hunter, just like i do with all my chars!

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
So not only should I change spec to be able to stop 1 class killing me and screw myself over for fighting anything else, I now need to change my reastive procs to snares to stop that 1 class escaping, despite the desease etc. Riiiight.

And as stated already, cowering bellow is useless, the pets are giving desease before they are even withing range.

As for snapshot, first you say I need to switch to shield spec, as a double spec class, which would mean Hybrid AND still find room for 25 cross bow spec too? Just how many spec points do you think Armsmen have to spare?

ROFL! too complicated for you mate? welcome to everyone else's world.

traktorlove

Banned
Zoia said:
Hey, what can i say. I'm a well known doorstepper and adder. Of course i will camp Brynja if i play my hunter, just like i do with all my chars!
he's just a stupid boj! :p

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:

The pets ONLY diseases at range IF they have previously hit you
They dont spam disease as soon as they are summoned.
I know this because I have been fighting the new hunter pets for months.

name me a pure melee class that can spec for every opponent?
The difference between your armsman and my ranger is that you have the choice to spec to deal with kiting hunters

A PC crafted shield with a reactive snare is hardly a big deal, its simply a matter of carrying an extra shield with the same crafted stats(or as close to as possible) and putting a different proc on it.
You'd loose your cyclops shield stealth lore for 15 mins
But hey, you cant have it all

If you were shield spec, you could slam the pet with your snare shield out and have to do 1600 points of damage to it.
Pet dead
Your shield will protect you from the arrows, and given the proc rate of the reactive snares also snare the hunter.

You now have 10 seconds from when the pet dies to get to the hunter
Longer if you hit him once with a charge
before he can restealth
which is plenty of time considering the tether range of the pet
the distance that a pet can be summoned at and sent to attack an opponent is short enough to traverse in 10 secs whilst sprinting

Or simply slam the pet and go straight for the hunter with engage up
You'll get at least one snare off from your shield in all likelyhood, if he purges that you have 9 secs free combat from slam that he cannot purge.
If he tries to run, you have snapshot, you are able to fire at him whilst moving and he cannot attack back.

You're what?
RR10 using pole arms?

so you could have
25 xbow for snapshot
30 base weapon (wyrdd spec)
44 pole
42 shield
24 parry

not as good a face to face spec as your current one
but you have to make choices with specs like everyone else

What I'm saying is that your class has options to deal with the pet through spec choice.

You choose to spec one way for optimum face to face damage and defense thru high polearm and parry.
But thats your choice.

Other classes do not have your choices.

I honesty fail to see what right you have to complain about the pets (bar teh lack of immunity on the disease)
If you didn't have other options that would be fair enough
But you do, you simply choose not to take those options because you prefer your face to face max damage max defense in melee spec.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
Kagato

Brite wanted me to point out the time when he killed you and your Paladin mate.

<Brite> SleezeR[Pwn] u can post to kagato.... what happened when brites solo hunter attacked him and his pally mate

Don't ask my why 'cause I'm a bit confused aswell!

But I'll do anything for Briteh :<

Im even more confused tbh, havent a clue.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
alot of nonsense to long to quote.

I disagree, I HAVE been deseased by the pet before getting hit by ANYTHING at all, I was hiding round the corner in DF, suddenly im deseased, THEN the pet comes round the corner, and its second attack finally lands.

And of cause 2 hunters show up up, another pet shows up and a warlocks joins the party.

Chances of catching them ? 0

As for suggesting 44 pole spec, lol, thats all I can possibly say.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:

why is it "lol"? is it because the level 50 style is all that? or are you just one of these people that simply laughs when they cant formulate a coherent sensible answer?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
I disagree, I HAVE been deseased by the pet before getting hit by ANYTHING at all, I was hiding round the corner in DF, suddenly im deseased, THEN the pet comes round the corner, and its second attack finally lands.

And of cause 2 hunters show up up, another pet shows up and a warlocks joins the party.

Chances of catching them ? 0

Nonsense?
I expected better of you tbh.
If you want to pick apart my opinions feel free to do so and explain to me where I am wrong, and I may even agree with you.
But simply calling my whole posts nonsense is a little childish tbh.

On the disease
I'll have to take your word for that
Because every account by posters on VN/critshot (even those that want the pet nerfed to oblivion) show that the pet only diseases after hitting the target, and that has been my experience also after almost 3 months of fighting hunters.

I'd actually really like to see the logs for that if you have them as it would settle an arguement on another board.

You're complaining about a fight with 3 hunters and a warlock?
If it was 3 any other classes and a warlock would you have won?
And are you honestly gonna call something else unbalanced and in need in a nerf whilst complaing that you lost a 4 vs 1?

A lol?
Come on kagato, that hardly a concise reason not to spec a certain way
Many many classes that have advanced styles (shades, rangers etc)
do very well with 44 advanced weapon spec and 51 composite base weapon spec.

I'm not saying you should spec that way
I'm saying you have the choice to spec to deal with kiting hunters
You however do not

You choose your max damage/max defense face to face spec

Do you honestly think that a spec that you choose for 1 to 1 toe to toe pwnage (as peeps call it) should give you the options that someone who specs for more utility has?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom