NS are really overpowerd and i love it xD

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Finisched my new kick ass template today :p Was running in my 2006 temp till now cause mythic fucked up my arties and all items with the transfer :p

Ripping the shit out of all classes lol :p I dont have CS and i ripped the shit out of a warlock with lol :p He could not outdamage me lol.

RR11 infs/sbs just i ripped them a new blowhole :p

Just saying i love beeing the overpowerd ap3 focker again like i was in the old days :p

C u on the battlefield :D :D :D :D:flame::flame:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye :p doubt it'll last long tho rumors floating about that mythic are already working on nerfs for them.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I seriously do not understand Mythic... It's like they are giving a kid a bigger lollipop then everyone else, untill they realiseit makes the other kids run away, so they just take it back! And probably leave them with an even smaller one xD

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
and then back to the old non-spellpiercing templates when they nerf it :eek:

MrBic

Part of the furniture
Finisched my new kick ass template today :p Was running in my 2006 temp till now cause mythic fucked up my arties and all items with the transfer :p

Ripping the shit out of all classes lol :p I dont have CS and i ripped the shit out of a warlock with lol :p He could not outdamage me lol.

RR11 infs/sbs just i ripped them a new blowhole :p

Just saying i love beeing the overpowerd ap3 focker again like i was in the old days :p

C u on the battlefield :D :D :D :D:flame::flame:

GIMP! :sex:

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
You are always going to get loads of players wanting to run the latest over powered class. Zerker, SB, BD, Vamp Ect... have all had their day, loads of people rolled them and then they were carefully nerfed while some sneaky changes made another class oover powered. It is quite a clever strategy when you thing about it, as it keeps people interested and makes them roll classes which otherwise may not get off the ground.

Look at zerker, silly class for its time, was overly complicated when people were used to mashing one key on tanks. Yet suddenly there where loads of them. BD - rediculous class with very buggy pets that were never going to work properly, give them a OP life tap, and a few OP self buffs and there is a server full of them.

When there is enough and people have put a lot of time and effort into them, nerf them. It's not like they are going to stop playing them completely is it?

They have been doing it for years, and it seems to work.

Everz

FH is my second home
I saw pip in thid before on his thane, casted him to death on ns.. funny stuff.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Bananplockaren was the best BD EVARRR!

Why? because he could camp mgs and kill stealthers with healpetzerg when they healed for silly amounts? or because he was rp pl'd by bad omen? not entirely sure which of those 2 makes him the "Best" ever :x

megadave

I am a FH squatter
You are always going to get loads of players wanting to run the latest over powered class. Zerker, SB, BD, Vamp Ect... have all had their day, loads of people rolled them and then they were carefully nerfed while some sneaky changes made another class oover powered. It is quite a clever strategy when you thing about it, as it keeps people interested and makes them roll classes which otherwise may not get off the ground.

Look at zerker, silly class for its time, was overly complicated when people were used to mashing one key on tanks. Yet suddenly there where loads of them. BD - rediculous class with very buggy pets that were never going to work properly, give them a OP life tap, and a few OP self buffs and there is a server full of them.

When there is enough and people have put a lot of time and effort into them, nerf them. It's not like they are going to stop playing them completely is it?

They have been doing it for years, and it seems to work.
Except you're forgetting how many people who don't want to keep rolling fotm classes and want to play their character. The same people who have become fed up that the game is still ridiculously unbalanced after ten years, or have seen their class change dramatically and decided to quit.

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Except you're forgetting how many people who don't want to keep rolling fotm classes and want to play their character. The same people who have become fed up that the game is still ridiculously unbalanced after ten years, or have seen their class change dramatically and decided to quit.

so good that there is always someone to remind us what we forget yeah :D

but must admit most of people like to play an OP class even if it's just for a run or so!

gohan

FH is my second home

ye what they did to scout bow still angers me

you now have to be bow or melee

u cant be both

35 bow used to be ok for doing damage now its fucking atrocious

if u go lower than 46 u may aswell go 0

Everz

FH is my second home

I hear that, watching your class get butchered or made irrevelant is the biggest kick in the nuts and probably more then often drives people to that cancel button.

gohan

FH is my second home
I hear that, watching your class get butchered or made irrevelant is the biggest kick in the nuts and probably more then often drives people to that cancel button.

the thing is for scout for instance for 99% of scouts it was a massive boost and they all had a big wank and became even more hated

for the other 1% it just became a pointless game

but then i played arms and friar when they were utter shit then they suddenly got good, that was quite nice

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc has to a certain degree in the early days but more so now - always been putting plaster over the cracks. :fluffle:

I really feel for people playing given the fact that their ability to help the community which pays them is looking quite poor (Albeit from an outsiders view). :(

I'd love to know what they do to justify their pay - just keep changing the classes and keeping a small section mega happy - rinse and repeat :lol:

Respect to those who try to keep it old school :england:

/bow

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Well when i started my shade in 2002, i already had a rr5 sb, overpowerd as fuck doublefrost 600+ damage etc :p

So i rolled a ns, hated albion still cause they nerfed my smite cleric :twak:

So then i had to face the 600+ dam doublefrost and 9 sec dragonfang :sex:
But that all made me play better and try harder to beat those others and had lots of fun.

Then sbs got nerfed to the ground, i got higher rank and access to AP3 LOL!!
poor sbs got ripped to shit when i switched to blade + ap3.

Infs were still nasty sometimes when they got dragonfang off, and 30 min purge!! lol

TOA made ns abit stronger again, then the best NF hit and we got REMEDY lol lol lol blocked procs even and sb and infs could do nothing xD

I just /laughed @ some for 10 sec and then start fighting xD

Then they all got remedy and sb stronger 2h and ns was the gimp again.

Now with the ns magic ns is on par with sbs and bit stronger then infs.

But i think soon NS will be the gimps again :p

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH

Companies like Mythic / Blizzard will always cater to the majority, and as most players are casual players, they enjoy the idea of playing an over powered class that is going to promise easy PvE/PvP. It gives them a sense that they can easily compete with the more dedicated players. The fact that some people may get annoyed and cancel their subs becomes quite irrelevant.

I suspect that you will also find that these MMO companies base their business models on averages, so the average DAoC player for example, probably plays for 18 - 24 months or so. They will base their important patches and development around that model hoping to lure players back, to sub for another six months ect. Consistent subscribers are probably considered a bit of an anomaly. Inherently for the DAoC model to work properly with three realms, classes cannot be fairly balanced, because the game simply wouldn't work. The key is changing the balance according to things like the numbers of a specific class, average realm populations ect.

I have had dozens of toons nerfed and have been annoyed about it over the years, but when you look at the big picture, actually what they do and when they do it tends to work quite well. I think the longevity of the game says as much.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
so tempted to resub just to ns pew pew some stuffs but cba!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So i rolled a ns, hated albion still cause they nerfed my smite cleric :twak:

i never really understood that nerf personally.

tho i suppose as a cave shaman i never really had problems with anything bar list casters, fucking quick cast...

everything else were just root, disease and DoT, rinse and repeat... :)

think that was the most OP class i've played at 50 :)

kamorrista

Fledgling Freddie
Don't pay me much attention, but i thought that smite clerics nerf came because being main healer (shammy was always 2ndary) made many people roll a smitor so it was supposed to be harder to find healer for every pve and RvR group, so they nerfed their nice dmg and insta mezz recast :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
so what has happend to NS that made them so overpowered? :p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
so what has happend to NS that made them so overpowered? :p

NS got their magic line revamped, dmg based off composite stealth (if i didn't get it wrong), add on that +10% Spell Pierce template modifying the dmg.
DD Poisons bugged (works for every assassin) cause they are intended to have a 15% chance to proc, instead they always proc swapping weaps and dmg modified by Spell Pierce (it seems).

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's like pre-nerf savages.. so go go go

errr no lol, pre-nerf savages could 2 shot paladins ^_^ nightshades cannot even come close to 2 shotting them unless they sit down with no gear on.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Back then most people went out as paper-bags.. These days no one goes out without an atleast decent template and CL10

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Back then most people went out as paper-bags.. These days no one goes out without an atleast decent template and CL10

i'm talking about SI times savages still 2 shotted fully templated paladins pre-nerf with a good 2handed multi hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom