NOTE: Respect the game mechanics and your realmmates;

Status
Not open for further replies.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
A quick kind note and word of warning to all those concerned.

Respect your allies;

I have no doubt in my mind that your ML9 pet is something which is great for farming, and also great to use in RvR. However, please do remember to aid your allies in PvE when doing encounters, ML9 pets are able to-do the encounters with ease the majority of the time and take very little time and effort, so be curtious to your realm mates and advertise the encounter if its up, I've often been at SOM/MS/GOV/CS and the mobs been killed recently and no-body even botherd to /as or broadcast it.

Respect the game mechanics;

Another thing is the abusing of the ML9 ability to kill epic dungeon mobs and outside classic mobs like the Dragon. While the ability to use ML9 pets for such encounters remains an excellent aid towards farming, please do remember that Mythic probably didnt intend to have people use ML9 in such a way it would make killing such mobs mega easy, much like Animists and MW which both got nerfed after extensive farming of each realms dragon and epic mobs. So basically, abuse the ML9 pets too much and they will get taken away.

Final note;

Just remember to be kind to your realm mates and not to over-use the abilities Mythic has placed in your hands and is trusting you not to abuse them.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Using an ML9 pet isn't abuse; it's an ability you work for and are granted at ML9 Convoker.

If Mythic think it's unfair, they will nerf it. Until then, use it all you can.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Using an ML9 pet isn't abuse; it's an ability you work for and are granted at ML9 Convoker.

If Mythic think it's unfair, they will nerf it. Until then, use it all you can.

Sure you work for it, but just becuase you've worked for it you still shouldnt abuse it, just like getting MW or leveling an Animist to lvl 50 with decent gear, just becuase you've earned the right to use it, you shouldnt abuse it in a fashion where it deters from game mechanics, and as of late I'm sure that some of the things which have been done with ML9 pets were not in Mythics original intentions.

Like MW and Animists, the point im making is people used MW and Animists all they could to their advantage and it made doing so many things so much easier than Mythic had originally intended (which is why they nerfed them), I honestly don't think Mythic sat down around a table and said, yes lets give each realm ML9 pets so they can do each of their realms respective dragons with ease. If Mythic start seeing people using ML9 pets in the same fashion, I.E Matter cabs, with high levels of WM I have no-doubt in my mind they will do the exact same thing to ML9 pets that they did to MW and Animists.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
-. -.-- -.-. said:
If Mythic start seeing people using ML9 pets in the same fashion, I.E Matter cabs, with high levels of WM I have no-doubt in my mind they will do the exact same thing to ML9 pets that they did to MW and Animists.

If? They do...they play the game you know. It is the game mechanics, that's how it's designed; you have no right to tell people not to use it.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
this is from a mid POV.

Many of the new encounters Mythic are introducing are designed so that they will not be so easy for small crews using ml9 pets. That is probably good as guildgroups or arranged raids can go hunt for new and interesting stuff. However the old ones - like many ToA encounters and the SI epic dungeons (unsure about alb and hib ones but..) are quite easy with a small amount of people.

This might actually be good - I haven't personally tried the dragon in mid with ml9 pet(s), but I hear albs are doing it with one FG now. A result of this is that the price on respecstones will fall to a level where more people who need them can afford to buy them.

as for ToA encounters this gives small guilds the ability to survive without having to expand or merge with others just to get their members equipped. Many times I see /as messages like "If you need <encounter> come here asap!" - some even let you roll.

But as it comes to what you call abuse of epic dungeons I don't agree.

It is a good thing that it's possible. Why? Well how often do you see 40+ people on SI raids these days? none. But some people still need equipment from in there. People still want shaman and healer hauberks - as GoV isn't that good for seers. This gives them a chance to either get it them self or buy it from someone who goes there. Same will become true for ToA - if it hasn't already. How many are really interested in doing a 2FG raid on atlantis tablet? or a good FG raid vs battler? I know - "Why bother when you can do it with just a ml9 pet or two". I think that the interest in doing these encounters would have faded anyway - if ML9 pet was available or not.

As for the more wanted encounters like CS, GOV etc I wont comment as I wont go near them if I can avoid it.

But yes, please do respect the people of your realm.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Fenderon said:
this is from a mid POV.

Many of the new encounters Mythic are introducing are designed so that they will not be so easy for small crews using ml9 pets. That is probably good as guildgroups or arranged raids can go hunt for new and interesting stuff. However the old ones - like many ToA encounters and the SI epic dungeons (unsure about alb and hib ones but..) are quite easy with a small amount of people.

This might actually be good - I haven't personally tried the dragon in mid with ml9 pet(s), but I hear albs are doing it with one FG now. A result of this is that the price on respecstones will fall to a level where more people who need them can afford to buy them.

as for ToA encounters this gives small guilds the ability to survive without having to expand or merge with others just to get their members equipped. Many times I see /as messages like "If you need <encounter> come here asap!" - some even let you roll.

But as it comes to what you call abuse of epic dungeons I don't agree.

It is a good thing that it's possible. Why? Well how often do you see 40+ people on SI raids these days? none. But some people still need equipment from in there. People still want shaman and healer hauberks - as GoV isn't that good for seers. This gives them a chance to either get it them self or buy it from someone who goes there. Same will become true for ToA - if it hasn't already. How many are really interested in doing a 2FG raid on atlantis tablet? or a good FG raid vs battler? I know - "Why bother when you can do it with just a ml9 pet or two". I think that the interest in doing these encounters would have faded anyway - if ML9 pet was available or not.

As for the more wanted encounters like CS, GOV etc I wont comment as I wont go near them if I can avoid it.

But yes, please do respect the people of your realm.

Agree. The old zones and encounters where balanced when the servers where much bigger.When you could get 200+ people on a raid, that isnt possible anymore so instead we got more powerfull pve abilities so its still possible to do the encounters.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
If? They do...they play the game you know. It is the game mechanics, that's how it's designed; you have no right to tell people not to use it.

My intentions were to highlight the fact people should respect their realm mates and to not over-use abilities in conjunction with RA's which in certain situations make it too easy to-do certain mobs. I didnt say using an ML9 pet was abuse, but I'm saying that people are using them often in certain ways which could base grounds for abuse, i.e Dragon, and Mythic may have no other option than to nerf ML9 because of coding issues which will affect us all in the long-run.

Plus I'm not telling anyone not to-do anything Eggy, so get off your high horse.

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
yeah sure come here and tell people not to "over-use" their ML9 ability which some worked hard for, and is in the game design.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
-. -.-- -.-. said:
My intentions were to highlight the fact people should respect their realm mates and to not over-use abilities in conjunction with RA's which in certain situations make it too easy to-do certain mobs. .

I think i over use FoP and DI :mad:

:m00:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Plus I'm not telling anyone not to-do anything Eggy, so get off your high horse.

yes you are o_O
-. -.-- -.-. said:
people should respect their realm mates and to not over-use abilities in conjunction with RA's which in certain situations make it too easy to-do certain mobs.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
I wasnt refencening to FoP or DI, try reading posts before trolling.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
sphir said:
yeah sure come here and tell people not to "over-use" their ML9 ability which some worked hard for, and is in the game design.

I'm not doubting the game design, I'm saying that the game design and original intentions of use for the ML9 pet could come under review as people are using it for normal intentions which is fine but then there are some who are taking it to the extremes and may cause the rest of us to suffer from their gain.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
-. -.-- -.-. said:
Sorry I apologize, go ahead and get things you take for granted nerfed.
i would be quite happy when ml9 pets get nerfed
they are un-balanced in rvr aswell as pve.
I have a dark sm, and a focus puller but see how retarded an ability it actually is.

When they nerf ml9 pets, it wont be a moment too soon

Until then i will use ml9 pets where they are usable to reduce the time it takes to do encounters.

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
-. -.-- -.-. said:
much like Animists and MW which both got nerfed after extensive farming of each realms dragon and epic mobs.

Animist is a simple spec, dont tell me getting to ml9 is simple. (atleast not in mid)

sphir

Fledgling Freddie
-. -.-- -.-. said:
I'm not doubting the game design, I'm saying that the game design and original intentions of use for the ML9 pet could come under review as people are using it for normal intentions which is fine but then there are some who are taking it to the extremes and may cause the rest of us to suffer from their gain.

can you possible cry more majt? if you fkn dont like it what about you roll a petclass and get it to ml9 and farm like the rest does?

your sooo bitter and jealous on thoose actuly able farming stuff, that you go onto FH and do a whine thread telling people what to do, come do all the encounter for people like you? everytime you demand it, and not "over-use" their ml9 because then theres nothing "left" for you to snap, well to bad for you live with it or roll a ml9 petclass, ez.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
sphir said:
can you possible cry more majt? if you fkn dont like it what about you roll a petclass and get it to ml9 and farm like the rest does?

I have access to a ML9 cabalist and ML9 chanter so I know exactly what theyre capable of. Next?

sphir said:
your sooo bitter and jealous on thoose actuly able farming stuff, that you go onto FH and do a whine thread telling people what to do, come do all the encounter for people like you? everytime you demand it, and not "over-use" their ml9 because then theres nothing "left" for you to snap, well to bad for you live with it or roll a ml9 petclass, ez.

I'm not jealous or bitter, I have 4 toons fully ToA, I have alot of friends who both I help and in return they help me back, create a circle of friends and you don't need 'others'. Getting ML10 isn't very hard nowadays, so many raids and the pre-req's have been nerfed so much the only real struggle is getting steps like ML5/ML8 done, but thats fairly easy if you have a decent alliance or guild to-do those steps with.

Next?

..and my intentions wernt to flame/whine/tell anyone to-do something, was merely suggesting people take a step back and look at exactly what theyre doing and consider others.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I ofc agree with being friendly and helpful to your allies/realmmates :)
But this?

-. -.-- -.-. said:
I wasnt refencening to FoP or DI, try reading posts before trolling.

And what makes these different from ML9 pet abuse? You are still telling people not to use a hard-earned ability so that an encounter could take longer and need more people. This guy was adding humour to the post and you accuse him of trolling??

I agree with Fenderon, making more items available on CM's etc because smaller groups/guilds can do raids with ML9 pets is a good thing, not a bad one.

Think of the casual player as well - he/she might have been working to get to ML9 for months to be able to farm with the guys who have 10 lvl 50's on 2 accounts and got ML9 in a few weeks, you want to tell them "well done, but don't use it please" :eek7:

You play a game with all the mechanics, good or bad. If the ML9 pet gets nerfed then so oh well, we'll all move on, it's best not to suggest how people should play. People still do work together, in my view you're harking back to the 'golden era' of co-operation - I'm sorry bud but with each new expansion that era gets further away :(

Calo

Part of the furniture
so... its midgard again who can't use ml9 pets on their dragon?

Marc

FH is my second home
lol classic thread. So much double standards and irony in the thread starters posts its hilarious.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
Calo said:
so... its midgard again who can't use ml9 pets on their dragon?

we cant? hm.. I havent tried.. plan to do so at some point :)

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
"I agree with Fenderon, making more items available on CM's etc because smaller groups/guilds can do raids with ML9 pets is a good thing, not a bad one."

I partly agree, but this is still my point, the fact people are able to-do such raids with so few people is the very reason the abilities get nerfed because the raids they're doing are normally supposed to-be based around large scale numbers, but they're doing it with small scale numbers in certain cases.

My original intentions were to highlight a few things to bare in mind with regards to ML9 and your realmmates, but anyways, off to farm a few items to sell them for over-priced prices 'cos I''m helping my realm. /halo.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
lol classic thread. So much double standards and irony in the thread starters posts its hilarious.

I'm happy you find it hilarious! :p

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
-. -.-- -.-. said:
"I agree with Fenderon, making more items available on CM's etc because smaller groups/guilds can do raids with ML9 pets is a good thing, not a bad one."

I partly agree, but this is still my point, the fact people are able to-do such raids with so few people is the very reason the abilities get nerfed because the raids they're doing are normally supposed to-be based around large scale numbers, but they're doing it with small scale numbers in certain cases.

Well, the older zones like (again) SI epic will once again be abandoned if they nerf ml9. I honestly don't think Mythic wish that will happen. I actually think Mythic wish to keep PvE sort of easy so people dont grow tired of the game because they spend even more ages on getting what they need so they can be ready and über for RvR.
Also now quite a few people should have gotten ml9 pet ready if they wish to farm in PvE effective.

-. -.-- -.-. said:
My original intentions were to highlight a few things to bare in mind with regards to ML9 and your realmmates, but anyways, off to farm a few items to sell them for over-priced prices 'cos I''m helping my realm. /halo.

Yes, it is a shame that some people do that on rare-pop encounters like Tartaros Gift, SoM and other encounters like those. I honestly don't see why as there are easier way to makes cash, but thats me.

What I would like to see is a nerf to ml9 pets in RvR.
charmed pets should not be able to hit my SB for 500+ every swing. But how do you do that without also nerfing it in PvE?

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
I suppose they could re-code it so it only works on siege stuff and not players.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
-. -.-- -.-. said:

I'm not on a "high horse", although ironically I will be next expansion; or is that over-using an OP ability?

You really expect people to get to Battler/Malice/Zahur...whatever, and think "oh wait, I shouldn't use it, I used it three times already last week, bad me /slapwrist"...like fuck. People earn something, they should use it.

Eggy's advice is: [highlight]Use ML9 as much as possible![/highlight]

PS Yes my moc3 ~RR7 sorc has level 50 ML9 pets :p

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
-. -.-- -.-. said:

Where did I say they were intentionally helping the realm and claiming to be useful to all? I didn't.

To me it's beginning to sound like even though you yourself can apparently get access to an ML9 pet, you just plain and simple think they're OP in certain cases - in which case this is just an elaborate whine thread rather than a 'suggestion'.

-. -.-- -.-.

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I'm not on a "high horse", although ironically I will be next expansion; or is that over-using an OP ability?

Funny. My horse will be better though.

eggy said:
You really expect people to get to Battler/Malice/Zahur...whatever, and think "oh wait, I shouldn't use it, I used it three times already last week, bad me /slapwrist"...like fuck. People earn something, they should use it.

Damn right if they earn something, they should use it! I'm just saying think responsibly, think of others, half the time people just want credit with the above artifacts and they don't cost very much when they're on CM anyway.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
-. -.-- -.-. said:
Damn right if they earn something, they should use it! I'm just saying think responsibly, think of others, half the time people just want credit with the above artifacts and they don't cost very much when they're on CM anyway.

wtf? You have just changed the entire thread. You were saying people shouldn't use it, but now they can?

The credit thing is a completely different thing and nothing to do with ML9.

Man you're full of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom