Not Amused Please Admins Sort it Please

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Whilst I have been a user of Barrysworld and Freddyshouse I have met some good people and some people not so good. Can I just point out the latter as brooky in the IRC Channel.

The topic I felt was offensive and I pointed this out. Brooky then changed the topic to something that offended me even more and started having amusement at a loss of people lives. Two which ment a lot to me.

This clown needs banning tbh.

I include a screeny with some offensive words I have put to him smudge as not to offend other users.

brookyIRC.jpg

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
I like the last line :)

p.s. half way to Scrounging Bastard :p (500)

G

How am i supposed to know your fucking mothers dead, i stand by what i said, and that topic was set a couple of days ago and NO OTHER OP changed it because they thought it was offensive. If your mums dead then i am sorry, it was a bad joke, but i dont have 2nd sight so thats all your getting as far as an appology goes.

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
Yep, I did, I don;t care about peope flaming each other, I just try to find something funny in there ;)

Clown

Part of the furniture
Don't ban me. I'm nothing to do with this prick.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
irc invades the forums yet again! Nothing wrong with that topic tbh, far worse things on the internet.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
It's an offencive topic anyway even without his mum being dead or not.

It's appauling that someone would say that about someones mum, i make jokes with my friends about that sort of thing, but i have known them for 17 years.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The fact is you didn't like the original topic, which no one else found offensive by the looks of it and others seem to of taken it as intended...a bit of a laugh. Hence why the topic was changed to something with seemingly the same intention but as brooky said there was no way for him to know that it would be so personal.

PS This is an observation from the few times I've popped into irc.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Man, brooky's an op in #freddyshouse? How'd that happen :\

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
I know, it's a good thing there's no-one worth talking to in there or I'd be fucked off.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
So it was pure coincidence that brooky would say something like that roughly a week after Darthys mum died? Thats bullshit imo.

The original topic wasn't particulary offensive, but Darthy may be a bit touchy about people ripping the piss out of people who have died at the minute.

If I had mistakingly said something like that then I would apologise until I was blue in the face, whether I knew the facts or not.

Out of order.

Edited to say -

Do you remember the support you got on here when your nan was poorly Brooky? How would you feel if someone had said something along those lines to you, by accident or not.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Jesus, everyone knows he's a fucking moron. IRC and #freddyshouse is a breeding ground for this behaviour.

My advice is to stay away Darthy. Saves a lot pointless arguments with children who think they know better than everyone else.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
darthy, ignore the bloke , the fact that he didnt apologise, immediately, makes him an utter wanker.
Sort it out Brooky, or someone, or maybe you could lose a few long term posters on this excuse for a has-been forum.

Tilda

I agree with trem tbh, the irc topic I hadn't noticed but now i've seen it I think its in bad taste and shouldnt be there.
I know plenty of people here arnt religious or dont give a shit about the pope but thats no reason to have offensive topics about both him, and other people who have died.

As trem said, if I said something like that and a persons mum had acctually died i'd feel aweful and appologise until i got told to shut up.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
IRC is a waste of time anyway. In my experience, it's where you'll find the strangest and most insecure net-users. The perfect hang-out for power-trippers and their sycophants.

What happend is typical of irc 'communities'. Sooner or later someone will asskiss their way to OP and abuse the powers for their own amusement.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
IRC is fine, if, for a start, the people there get on. But more importantly, if they all remember that they are people, and not just names on a screen.
However, clan channels are almost always a better bet than this.
Just to reiterate my point. Brooky, I dont think the first topic was out of order (or indeed funny), but the second one was. Even though you didnt know , when you found out you should have ate shit for a minute, just like any other grown man would in the circumstances.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I'm split halfway with this, just because someones dead doesnt mean that all of a sudden they're a good person (in reference to the pope bit). But then again insulting someones mother is bad, granted Brooky diddnt know she was dead. Joke gone out of hand in my opinion, guy deserves an apology even if he did completley over-react in the context.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I'm with munkey, but I think brooky perhaps didn't get his apology across as good as he might have if he were in a better mood or something. ;) IRC is great for random-bullshit stuff and I'm sure brooky really had no idea of the circumstances.
With regard to the original topic: I would've thought anyone stupid/desesnsitised enough to put up with IRC-humour could appreciate the irony involved. I guess this nanny-state thing has filtered through and people have stop censuring their basic, whingy instincts.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Munkey said:
I'm split halfway with this, just because someones dead doesnt mean that all of a sudden they're a good person (in reference to the pope bit). But then again insulting someones mother is bad, granted Brooky diddnt know she was dead. Joke gone out of hand in my opinion, guy deserves an apology even if he did completley over-react in the context.

How can someone over-react when someone takes the piss out of your recently deceased mum? Jesus, if it was me I would go to every Freddyshouse function until I met the person who did the insulting.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tilda said:
I agree with trem tbh, the irc topic I hadn't noticed but now i've seen it I think its in bad taste and shouldnt be there.
I know plenty of people here arnt religious or dont give a shit about the pope but thats no reason to have offensive topics about both him, and other people who have died.

As trem said, if I said something like that and a persons mum had acctually died i'd feel aweful and appologise until i got told to shut up.
As much as I feel bad for people that the pope is dead, his passing is no reason to try and enforce your taste on other people. From reading all this it was darths attempt to do the same thing that lead to all this and to him becoming even more upset. People need to learn in life that if they don't like something there is always the option to "leave it alone and go somewhere else", i.e. you can always choose to walk away or ignore it.

In any event I'm sorry to hear about your mum Darth.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well.

I think darthy overreacted a bit over the topic, but people do that over anything these days. "ooh don't talk about WTC or the tsunami etc etc". That's my opinion.

Also, if brooky didn't know about darthy's mum, the insult was a very classic "your' mums so fat that...", like all of us haven't done that. I don't think brooky was being serious. We all do a bit of friendly flaming around here.

Now, it doesn't show what happened when darthy told brooky about his mum, when heard, it's a place for an apology.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The internet, like the real world is no place for the overly sensitive.

Comedians get paid for saying far worse about people living and dead, the topic about the pope was actually quite quirky, and IMO not actually offensive. Humour and death go hand in hand, because it makes it eacier to deal with.

How many times has it been said that irc is not regulated like these forums? As for the comments about your mum, this is the internet, it's never going to be a perfect place. It wasnt a mature comment for him to make, but conversly if he didn't know about your mum, then he didn't know. Everyone is saying that Brooky should lick your arse and apologise, but why? Just turn your back on it, smile at his immaturity, had he been insulting your mum knowing she was dead then it's another matter, but I don't believe he was.

G

Right, i didnt know any thing about his mum passing, im not "that" bad of a person to make jokes about people dying (my grandma died recently), it was supposed to be an old fashioned typical retort to someone having an opinion about the topic i set in #freddyshouse. After darthy left the channel i /msg'd him and appologised, i also went into the other channels he was in and tried to talk to him but he just left the channels.

Other peoples opinions about me dont bother me, you can call me a **** or a moron or anything you like, i was not wrong to make a joke, its irc for fucks sake, (so no ones heard of bash.org), but i am sorry for darthshearer and wholeheartedly appologise for any offense caused, but as MysticG said, if you cant stand the heat etc.

Sorry

throdgrain

FH is my second home
brooky said:
but i am sorry for darthshearer and wholeheartedly appologise for any offense caused
Sorry

Just editted it for you. Looks much better now doesnt it ?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Trem said:
How can someone over-react when someone takes the piss out of your recently deceased mum? Jesus, if it was me I would go to every Freddyshouse function until I met the person who did the insulting.

As in, Brooky had no knowledge of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom