Not Amused Please Admins Sort it Please

Tilda

MYstIC G said:
As much as I feel bad for people that the pope is dead, his passing is no reason to try and enforce your taste on other people. From reading all this it was darths attempt to do the same thing that lead to all this and to him becoming even more upset. People need to learn in life that if they don't like something there is always the option to "leave it alone and go somewhere else", i.e. you can always choose to walk away or ignore it.

In any event I'm sorry to hear about your mum Darth.

Mystic, neither my post, nor Dark's comment were imho attempts to force our own views, whatever they may be, on others. However, because people hold different religious oppinions does imho mean that people should respect them. If someone isnt religious I dont try to force religion on them, similarly if your not religious you shouldnt make insults that show disrespect/are designed to offend those who are.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tilda said:
Mystic, neither my post, nor Dark's comment were imho attempts to force our own views, whatever they may be, on others. However, because people hold different religious oppinions does imho mean that people should respect them. If someone isnt religious I dont try to force religion on them, similarly if your not religious you shouldnt make insults that show disrespect/are designed to offend those who are.
Entirely wrong. I should be free to do whatever I want, as should you. For example:
  • you should be able to be religious if you so choose.
  • you should be able to be offended by me if you so choose
  • i should be able to offend you should i so choose
Conversley
  • I should NOT have to be nice because you may choose to be religious or gay or a chav or a rocket scientist

Follow my logic? Whether people can stomach this or not, i.e. whether they like it or not, is another story. Oh and perspective is also a wonderful thing, whilst you might not think that you're trying to impose your views, other people might have a different perspective ;)

Anyway, enough of this, more concerned that we haven't heard anything from Dark since as the silence is a bit worrying.

G

Tilda, we dont actually live in a peacefull land full of fluffy bunny's and everyone standing round holding hands, "taste" and decency do have boundaries but my topic in #freddyshouse was a piss take, regardless of my religious beliefs.

If were all went round living our lives with the threat of the Political correctness police hanging over us then the world would be a boring place, you cant please all off the people all of the time, in hindsight the topic was probably in bad taste, but i choose it because it was funny.

This thread isnt about my topic, its about darthshearer and him being upset about something i didnt know about at the time, plain and simple.

To be perfectly fucking honest, i dont give a shit about the pope. But i DO care about hurting peoples feelings in relation to the loss of a loved one, and i would never knowingly do that.

Richard

Tilda

brooky said:
This thread isnt about my topic, its about darthshearer and him being upset about something i didnt know about at the time, plain and simple.

To be perfectly fucking honest, i dont give a shit about the pope. But i DO care about hurting peoples feelings in relation to the loss of a loved one, and i would never knowingly do that.

Richard

Aye sorry for the hijack :p
and thats a far better appology than your one earlier that was somewhat mared by the whole "get out of the kitchen thing" ;)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
brooky said:
but i choose it because it was funny.

which one, they were both shit really. have i lost my humour? OH MY GOD SOMEONE GIVE ME MY HUMOUR.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I couldnt give two fucks about the pope either. I do care about Darthshearers opinions however.
Anyway, well played Brooky, you apologised, case closed. Thread should be locked imo.

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
brooky said:
we dont actually live in a peacefull land full of fluffy bunny's

we dont? omg then what are all these things around me???

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
MYstIC G said:
  • i should be able to offend you should i so choose

Conversley
  • I should NOT have to be nice because you may choose to be religious or gay or a chav or a rocket scientist

Follow my logic?

Anyone who makes comments online which they wouldn't irl, is a prick. That's real logic for you.

You shouldn't be able to offend someone, if you so choose.
You don't need to be nice to someone, because of what they believe, but you don't need to be nasty either. Live online as you live irl, anything else is cowardice.

The UK is probably still considered a christian country. Taking the piss out of the pope's demise is, at some point, going to offend someone. If the person setting the topic is too stupid to realise that, the problem is his, not the one who was offended.

You see, living in a 'free society' doesn't give you the right to be a prick. Common respect is still expected.

Will

/bin/su
I can make a joke about the Pope if I want to. You have the right to be offended, and thats a risk I have to be prepared to take.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
IRC in immature shocker....

I would have thought people who used IRC knew the average mental age of anyone who logs on is automatically halved....

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Anyone who makes comments online which they wouldn't irl, is a prick. That's real logic for you.

You shouldn't be able to offend someone, if you so choose.
You don't need to be nice to someone, because of what they believe, but you don't need to be nasty either. Live online as you live irl, anything else is cowardice.

The UK is probably still considered a christian country. Taking the piss out of the pope's demise is, at some point, going to offend someone. If the person setting the topic is too stupid to realise that, the problem is his, not the one who was offended.

You see, living in a 'free society' doesn't give you the right to be a prick. Common respect is still expected.
Right about anything you day or do is going to offend sameone.
Living in a free society, means I can be as big a prick as i want, aslong as i dont break the law.
Thats the price you pay for living in a 'free society'.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Escape said:
Live online as you live irl, anything else is cowardice.

i can insult pumped up people online without getting my ass handed, i can't irl 8/

i dont really think it was that bad, pope was funny, mother thing wasn't the right comment when his mother recently died? - but if people insult my (dead) mother on irc i counter it with something just as stupid about necrophilia (if they talk about fucking my mother hard etc ;o) and about appologising about dead relatives, dont do it more than once - it's annoying and pisses people off (me anyway)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
There're reasonable limits to being offended. I drop carrot peelings into my waste bin, and some environmentalist is going to get a hard-on over bio-waste.

I'm making jokes over the death of a religious figure, currently being mourned by millions(not by myself, I'll add). I know someone's going to see it in a bad light, and rightly so!

Some people do take the pisss and will feign offence at every little thing. But it works the other way to, when jokers are 'surprised' at their comments causing offence.

If there's nothing in your life which you can respect, you won't understand why other people have it... and so will mock them. It's still as immature as 'cussing' other kids in school, Only now you wrap it in something which pretends to be humour.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Uh, Escape from your posts I get the impression that you don't think jokes should be offensive to anyone. Ever. Surely that would make things pretty dull.

Family Guy said:
Peter: As we all know, Christmas is that mystical time of year when the ghost of Jesus rises from the grave to feast on the flesh of the living! So we all sing Christmas Carols to lull him back to sleep.
Bob: Outrageous, How dare he say such blasphemy. I've got to do something.
Man #1: Bob, there's nothing you can do.
Bob: Well, I guess I'll just have to develop a sense of humor.

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
yeah, this reminds me of the old days where stupid arguments happened daily

Its great when everyone has an opinion and they express it assuming they are right and other people should see it the way they do but they arent willing to be humble themselves.

G

Nath, i love Family Guy, hence my avatar, its my kind of humour

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
We don't seem to be arguing over anything now ...

I think all of you have AIDS.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
mazling likes goats "that" way :p

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Escape said:
You see, living in a 'free society' doesn't give you the right to be a prick.
Actually it does, it makes you free to do so... DUH!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Danya said:
And free to accept the consequences of course.
Indeed.

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
I will respect someones opinion and feelings ONLY if i believe there is a manner of rationality and reason behind them. If you're offended by something try understanding why YOU are offended, then try reasoning with someone who has offended you. If you're full of shit, you're likely to be told so.

Being Offended is more often than not a very selfish and DUMB as fuck act. There are exceptions, naturally...but there is a difference between being hurt emotionally and being offended. The Morally Outraged shoul die. Right now.

yours

Tony Benn.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I think you're all tossers....whoops seemed of mistakenly typed that instead of thinking it ;)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
maxi said:
I will respect someones opinion and feelings ONLY if i believe there is a manner of rationality and reason behind them. If you're offended by something try understanding why YOU are offended, then try reasoning with someone who has offended you. If you're full of shit, you're likely to be told so.

Being Offended is more often than not a very selfish and DUMB as fuck act. There are exceptions, naturally...but there is a difference between being hurt emotionally and being offended. The Morally Outraged shoul die. Right now.

yours

Tony Benn.

STUDENT ALERT!!!!!

/me spots long coat and VERY wispy beard on this one ...

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Don't see anything offensive about the original topic in the slightest, I think the offended people are being a bunch of pussies and can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. OK the second one was a tad insensitive, but brooky didn't know darty's mum had popped her clogs did he? I mean, are we supposed to stop making mum jokes just in case someone's mum died last week??

Fuck that. If you're sensitive about stuff like that, fuck off out of Quakenet, it really isn't the place for you.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Really sorry to hear about your mum Darth. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom