not 100% sure if its coming to Euro..

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, I use to play alb/excal and now play on the american servers...wondering if its just the american site they have put the poll for a server with the old frontiers pre SI etc back?. By the sounds of it, everyone who voted on the American site voted yes they would play it.
Would be good to get some more Euros over there if they do it.
Hope to hear back :)

Aepax

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm, delrith, spunkeh, I remember those names from quite a while ago, hat guild were you in?

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, I use to play alb/excal and now play on the american servers...wondering if its just the american site they have put the poll for a server with the old frontiers pre SI etc back?. By the sounds of it, everyone who voted on the American site voted yes they would play it.

IU would love to see it happen here, but to be honest when these new types of servers come out in US it's GoA's decision to host them, they would have to weigh up the cost of having a new server, it may bring back a lot of older players or it may not, but at the moment witht the subscriptions we have they are having trouble justifying the amount of servers we have already, i personally doubt it will happen here inless they convert an existing server.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If they do it in Usa it'll eventually come in Eu.
.... in 2010 maybe, if the hamster ain't dead already ^^

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Too little too late even if they did it. AoC rolls out this week and WAR after the summer. Can't see too many people comming back. Unless both are completely crap.

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm, delrith, spunkeh, I remember those names from quite a while ago, hat guild were you in?

Was first in The Corporation, then in Legion of Darkness :)
only one answer! you all come to the American servers then :p

Aepax

Fledgling Freddie
Was first in The Corporation, then in Legion of Darkness :)
only one answer! you all come to the American servers then :p

Ah, legion of darkness thats it, i was in that guild for a few months, cant remember with which char, either Lexas or Aepax or Androcles - cant remember

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
In US they seem to think it will do more harm then good at this stage in the game. But who knows. many believe it will just split the populations up and make it even more thin than it allready is....which is a fair point i guess^^

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH

This is pretty funny right? :D

Meril

Fledgling Freddie
who in their right mind would play GOA servers given the choice

PewPewAS50.50

Banned
Only problem with that server as far as I see it is that they are yet again fucking up the balance between the realms.

Theurgist is taken away from Albion for example while valk is included on mid side. That is just not going to work and will kill that server once people start to RvR.

I might actually make a new US account for this server once it goes live, since after all DAoC RvR during 1.65 patches era was the best there ever was ( imo ).

Anyway, it is a good incentive ( finally ) and it is a good move to exclude all the retard mode classes after ToA/NF/laby/etc etc.. but taking away theug from alb will ruin it all. The balance in 8v8 will be 0.

For hib champ + bard will be the dedicated interrupters even in a SI rollback, possibly enchanter will do some aswell.

Mid will have healers, shaman and bd. That was always rock solid back then.

Albion really only had minstrel or theug, where the minstrel is a sad gimp ( during SI ) for interrupting compared to a well played theug, actually both a minty and a theug will be wanted in alb caster groups.

Wouldn't be bad at all to roll on one of those servers, some SI nostalgia, SI sidi/galla/tg items wich actually looked good and had decent yet not oped stats on em. Would be sweet :p

And old keeps and relic keeps/raids <3

Could bring alot of cash for mythic if advertised correctly and implemented oldschool, as in not ruining balance between the realms by removing theug as option. Really everyone would roll mid~~;;

Gahn

Resident Freddy

Could bring alot of cash for mythic if advertised correctly and implemented oldschool, as in not ruining balance between the realms by removing theug as option. Really everyone would roll mid~~;;

That could be not the case since they are working on a rebalance of the classes, ofc it's Mythic we are talking about, so they could well screw off the lot; but one can always hope they indeed learnt from their past mistakes.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It will be screwed beyond recognition.

Some Midgard lovers are in charge at Mythic, you will see Instagard at its finest.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
It will be screwed beyond recognition.

Some Midgard lovers are in charge at Mythic, you will see Instagard at its finest.

at a wide guess we can only wait and see, if they screw up tis time it'll be unrecoverable no matter what.

Pswoevgia

Banned
Only problem with that server as far as I see it is that they are yet again fucking up the balance between the realms.

Theurgist is taken away from Albion for example while valk is included on mid side. That is just not going to work and will kill that server once people start to RvR.

I might actually make a new US account for this server once it goes live, since after all DAoC RvR during 1.65 patches era was the best there ever was ( imo ).

Anyway, it is a good incentive ( finally ) and it is a good move to exclude all the retard mode classes after ToA/NF/laby/etc etc.. but taking away theug from alb will ruin it all. The balance in 8v8 will be 0.

For hib champ + bard will be the dedicated interrupters even in a SI rollback, possibly enchanter will do some aswell.

Mid will have healers, shaman and bd. That was always rock solid back then.

Albion really only had minstrel or theug, where the minstrel is a sad gimp ( during SI ) for interrupting compared to a well played theug, actually both a minty and a theug will be wanted in alb caster groups.

Wouldn't be bad at all to roll on one of those servers, some SI nostalgia, SI sidi/galla/tg items wich actually looked good and had decent yet not oped stats on em. Would be sweet :p

And old keeps and relic keeps/raids <3

There won't be SI.

Pswoevgia

Banned
Not initially, but they might add it later, they have said as much since they announced the origins server.

Dude, I have enough e-stalkers as it is. Thing is, the original plan was not to have SI. Read the server notes and get a clue.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Dude, I have enough e-stalkers as it is. Thing is, the original plan was not to have SI. Read the server notes and get a clue.

Eh? Please don't be so utterly rediculous.

Seriously, if you can't handle people posting things which actually have nothing to do with you, but only to do with what you have posted then a forum is not the place for a precious delicate little flower like yourself. The fact is what i posted was information, not, like you, a random flippant flame attempt. Holy hell, it wasn't even derogatory, not in the slightest but yet you seem to have found a way to try and twist it so you feel someone is, what? persecuting you? sheesh..some people :)

I have read the notes from the first Q&A sessions, they clearly state SI might be added at a later date, which is precisely what i said.

I have a clue thanks, what i posted is fact, The Camelot Herald

For those who can't be bothered to find it:

Are you going to include Shrouded Isles on this server?

No, unfortunately, we are not launching Shrouded Isles on this server … just yet. We would certainly like to launch SI on this server, and so we are tossing around some ideas internally about what we can do with SI to make it even more compelling than the first round (SI being our best expansion ever). But because we’d like for this particular project to benefit all servers (not just Origins), it will take some time to work on.

No wonder you got banned.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
Faeldawn - that is Dorimor's "thing". Much like Chandel's "thing" is being funny and Ross' "thing" is not knowing when to shut up.

Dorimor replies to threads and as soon as someone replies to him he starts flaming that person. In some strange way he takes pride in this.

Actually I think he might even make yet another account in here and start flaming me now, calling me another one of his supposed "e-stalkers" yet I have never replied to any of his threads before now Oo

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Old meets new. Im looking forward to testing it with being away for the game for so long.
Problem is if the new is taking over the old. then its not really origin at all.

I dont rly mind Housing, keeping new RA n such. BAOD,BOF AP n such was sick back then we all know it. But it gave its own unique flavour tho.

What I dont like is them keeping newer classes and races. They got nothing to do here imo.

And its Albion once again for the third time :m00: Just cant give up playing hardmode.

Afanc n such gonna be farmed for sure :sex: fun stuff

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
They are removing Theurg because they are basically admitting they fucked up and are not sure how to get it back on par, because all the thuerg fan bois will whine, so they removed it. In any 8v8 fight, an alb group with two theurgs insta win the fight by just spamming pets on support.
Origins should be fun, the response for it is massive, so perhaps can get back to how excal or pryd use to be.
Myself and guildies from the classic server are rolling Hib, as at the moment it seems it will be the underpopulated realm. If anyone is making their guild there and need a alliance, or anyone looking for a guild give me a shout.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
They are removing Theurg because they are basically admitting they fucked up and are not sure how to get it back on par, because all the thuerg fan bois will whine, so they removed it. In any 8v8 fight, an alb group with two theurgs insta win the fight by just spamming pets on support.

Lower cast range, lower cast speed, no BG, harder to cure nearsight and so on.

Some people will always find a reason to whine, but it didn't stop Midgard and Hibernia groups to win versus Albion groups when Theurg was at its best.

Fact is that some Albion casters got nerfed in RvR (Sojourner's ML9, Sorc's SoI, Theurg's range/pet amount) while Midgard got their Hybrids boosted (Thane, Valk) and the Spiritmaster became an all-purpose-device suitable for every situation.

You can't really predict what will happen in the 8 vs 8 area with the Origins ruleset, have to wait it out and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom