Nooby Sorc question...

M

madferrit

Will a pet that heals, actually heal you in battle if it is set on passive? or does it have to be aggressive/defensive before it will activley heal?

And is it right that the pet will start to heal when you are about 40% health?

Thx

:)

O

ormorof

it will heal in battle as long as it doesnt get interuppted if its on passive, if on defensive/aggresive it will attack the mob/person hitting you afaik :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Healing pets are finicky at best.

Some will only heal when you are down to 50% health or less and some will just stand by idly and watch you get reduced to a fine red paste.

Best advice is not to rely on them as back up healers and get yourself a pet that can dish out some damage instead. ;)

O

ormorof

Originally posted by madferrit
:clap:

Thx orm knew i could rely on u :)

was that before or after you killed on of my many bg alts? :p

M

madferrit

Originally posted by ormorof
was that before or after you killed on of my many bg alts? :p

:doh:

Hehe well anything to help me in doing so in the future as well :)

I

iluvatur

oh man .... i tried to figure this one out for ages.. and i came to the conclusion that i'd go mad before i figured it out. When set on passive, and if youre health fell below a certain level then they *might* throw you a heal.... but sometimes they never did ..

Most of the time they'd go to attack someone who attacked you.

sorc healing pets = teh suck :)

G

Graknak

Healing pets are good, altought there are some elements that can not make him do so, for instance range (if pet on passive and yer too far away he can't), dmg (dmg'ed pet normally doesn't want to cast including heals) and indead interruption (pet being hit can't/won't cast spells)

However overall either nuking pets or healing pets are good, tanks mostly have a too big downtime.

B

Balbor

if your a sorcerer and in a group then the healer/buffer pets are the best to have. In SI darko Leechs/sawbones/medics will buff the whole group with CON and at higher level shield (meaning your cleric will be able to buff a few more people) and will heal is someone really needs it (means they only take Exp if the fight was a bit tough).

If soloing then a nuking pet is probably best. For attacking solo mobs you can keep casting roots to kite the mobs as it closes. Good timing will mean your Root will land just after the pet Nukes it.

Users who are viewing this thread