easy question

N

Nazgul

I was just wondering when you spec like 50 shield, if you then have additional items that give you +10 shield does it do anything (i.e. do you get 60 shield)?

C

chretien

Yes for most skills but no for others. Shield does, each point of skill = 0.5% block chance

S

Sard-Nair

so if u had a 100 sheild you'd be like l337z0r teh blockah!!
hard maybe impossible to get 100sheild, prolly have to f0wk up your SC proper style or mabe around 75 is the cap!

B

bob007

Cap is spec + rr lvl + items = 70 shield or 35% @ rr10 (am prob wrong pn that :p) You can also add to it with Mastery of Block, But not sure what % that adds and how.

edit: forgot to add rr10 bit

G

Graknak

well you can have 50 shield spec, RR10(+9), MoBlocking 5 (Each point in MoB gives +6 shield spec) and +11 from items.
Adding all together gives: 50+9+30+11=100 shield spec exactly.
Giving you a 50% chance to block based on shield spec, however block is also determined by your Dex/qui so with high dex/qui your max could allmost be arround 90% no doubt (not sure about the actual formula/formulae used here though)

V

Vidfamne

blä

well i have 50+14 100k from +15 but i block like hell and dont have any MoB yet

E

Ekydus

The maximum you can add to any stat is +20, and this is at RR10; which is basically why people call RR5 level 51.
At 50 shield, with a +10 item, yes you will have 60 shield, just aslong as it doesn't cap your allowed cap at that time.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Ekydus
The maximum you can add to any stat is +20, and this is at RR10; which is basically why people call RR5 level 51.
At 50 shield, with a +10 item, yes you will have 60 shield, just aslong as it doesn't cap your allowed cap at that time.

So people call rr5 lvl51 because the maximum you can add to any stat is +20? As clear as a muddy puddle that.

People call rr5 Lvl 51 beacuse your dps and af caps rise to what they would be if you dinged 51.

Oh and at 50 shield with +10 item, you will always have at least 60 shield, even if your rr1.

Your mindless postfarming is just serving to confuse those that might benefit from some factual information.

G

Graknak

Originally posted by Cozak
Hrmm so my 42+13+MoB3 = 73 Shield?

Yes and at least up to 50 points of shield each point gives 0.5% chance to block, several ppl say its lowers above 50, but not confirmed yet. (Still keep in mind that Dex/qui effect chance to block aswell so it's generally more then just the basic shield block %)

V

vindicat0r

Dex is stat for Determining Block.

So if you want to be an Uber Blocker roll a Saracen Mercenary shield spec! :D with + 10 dex < more if u want but u will need str :0> And get MoB 5 + Aug Dex 5 asap.

with Saracen race 50 shield + 11 itamz+ 9 RR + Aug Dex 5 + MoB 5 = omg-fuck-off-with-your-elite-blocking-skilz-etc-etc

Luri and Kobbie are the mid/hib counter part's and are both capable of being Elite Blockers as well :D

PS: Reason for mercenary as class choice for shield is that Dex raise's every 2nd level instead of every 3rd lvl like Main warrior's.

G

Graknak

merc total dex: +22
arms total dex: +15
pala total dex: +0

arms: tank hp, plate armour, high weaponspec, -7 dex(compared to merc)
pala: support hp, plate armour, chants, low weaponspec, -22dex(compared to merc)
merc: support hp, chain armour, evade, high weaponspec

V

vindicat0r

Originally posted by Graknak

merc: support hp, chain armour, evade, high weaponspec

Support Hp o_O ?

Merc's can easly get to 2250+ hp, That's not support hp.

But other than that a nice break down ofc. but you forgot Dirty Trick's for the merc as he can make an attacker miss/fumble lot's and lot's and he can do it to multiple ppl.

Arms has SB though which is like a mini-bof and very very nice.

Or

The pally has FH which is yet another Insta to throw on top of the group's count of them < 2 clerics etc >

I

ilaya

i got 42+15 shield atm (rr5 with MoB1).. and well here's what i have found

i block more against purple mobs than against invaders.. is that right?

i block a lot of stuff for other chars in rvr.. but hardly ever for myself.

i have lower parry, but i parry more in rvr when it comes to 1 vs 1 .. hmm..

ofc i am a lurikeen champion and have high dex and quick, but i am still waiting to get 1 more item before i sort my sc, so i aint capped in any way.

there IS some kinda imbalance somewhere u know... dunno where though, just giving my side.

O

osy

I think attacker's weapon skill must be taken into consideration ?

D

Danya

Mercs are same HP table as Armsmen, not support. They get slightly less con giving about 50 less hp overall. Mine easily tops 2300 hp buffed, show me support that does that.

As a shield tank though, don't go merc - you can't get MoB. :p

Also don't forget, you can have your 100 shield etc. But as soon as a DWer attacks you, your chance to block is halved.

In fact, on the hp thing, here's an old screenshot from when I was RR2:

danya-buffed.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread