nolstalgia strikes

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
when passing all the old towns and places we used to exp ages ago, the ghostly siabra camp near mbeo just made me want to write this post

so many memories :D so much fun!

<3 cata

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
agree :) was killing bantum spectres the other day :)

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
remember that farm like place near coruscating mine?.. what was the name of those?, cant remember :d - tho, i do remember how you had to get a lvl 40+ to go help you when all the small mobs turned into one big one :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
parthanon farm :) amalgumated parthanon, resistant to magic damage.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i think mythic did a really really good job with this expansion.. it brings people back to the capital, back to all the small towns and dungeons that most of the new players hardly knew anything about, brings back loads of memories for oldtimers

with a vamp duo we went to muire, so much fun to run around there again :) lots of aggro, coming out on top and didn't even watch the exp bar like i normally do after each mob Oo

and the instanced dungeons are kinda fun, all the bosses have smt special :)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
heh u didnt really need a 40 for the big parth, just a 30sh would make it ;p~

what about the shaman at treibh cailled who mezzed and brought a whole family, or the first partys hunting dulahans at innis for the best scale drops back on 1.42 ;d

idd, the memories <3

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
F**** giant ants and their call for help :/

prozze

Fledgling Freddie
catapult exping at mites and abusing old bugged stones for pbexp <3

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Yea your dead right Vodka, this is really the first time i'm running around classic daoc lookin for mobs to xp on for a very long time, an trying to remember which mobs is next after you lvl up :) it has been a trip down memory lane. Just a pity theres no gorge rats anymore or not that i've seen any that is.

Elricstormbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Perf said:
Yea your dead right Vodka, this is really the first time i'm running around classic daoc lookin for mobs to xp on for a very long time, an trying to remember which mobs is next after you lvl up :) it has been a trip down memory lane. Just a pity theres no gorge rats anymore or not that i've seen any that is.

Not sure if there are sme in the collory safe zone but I am sure I have seen them in NF somewhere

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
i was thinking about making a post to try get people to use the LFG window function more, I'm quite enjoying xping around the new and old areas in the old towns and new. I'm sure alot of people would like to xp up the old way , it would help new players etc.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Been exping in all the old classic dungeons quite often now due to the huge camp bonuses (Hey im getting 2 million+ exp at 30), and I gotta say i'm loving it, players are still dispersed throughout the realm but theres a lot more in the classic zones now, love it. :)

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
its been great but now everyones getting sc suits 2 exp in, "back in the day" i remember running around in drops from cm and fins etc xD

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
well the stuff u can buy at the shar labyrinth for those new auralite seal thingies (whatever they are spelled) seem more than nice for pve ;p~

and omg i was just remembering hunting pookhas new DL during beta with a warden spamming castable bladeturn on our uber tanking nightshade!11

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
prozze said:
catapult exping at mites and abusing old bugged stones for pbexp <3

i actually have an old screenie of that, but we tried it at chickens and kinda failed.. :p

Oops

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Ran past Pooka Stone yesterday <sniff> Best looking stone ever :p

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
lofff said:
well the stuff u can buy at the shar labyrinth for those new auralite seal thingies (whatever they are spelled) seem more than nice for pve ;p~

and omg i was just remembering hunting pookhas new DL during beta with a warden spamming castable bladeturn on our uber tanking nightshade!11

Aye for pve it's good, just got done farming maze madness with two lvl 50's for auralite, killed the last mob (dropped an ok'ish lvl 45 ring) and planning to kill some named mobs soon, killed a green con who dots for 130 a tick and it lasts for 2 minutes!

Got 6% defensive bonus from two items now <3

liloe

It's my birthday today!
yer, good old times =) I remember when I first started my ranger, not knowing how to shoot arrows, using some random gear with the free arrows, oh what a pain =)

There was also the fun to roll manachanter ( think I was one of the firs, but couldn't be arsed to lvl her then =)) ). I was so amazed when I saw pbae on another char, I instantly rerolled that cause the effect looked so cool =) haha

The only think I'm really sorry about is, that so many good old friends left the game :/

People from nice events like Auscia and Ruddyn, cool old TD members like Armidel and Lloth and and also a few good friends.

Mckennitt

Loyal Freddie
Took a tour in vale of balor with all those cute thong mobs.. v cool to be there and remember the time and effort i spend there ages ago....

Not to mention i still hate those finliaths near connla :X

Excellent expansion from my point of view for new and old players... Really adds something bigger and new for all of us...Quite chilling and relaxing for me at least...

Great work :drink:

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
or the first time seeing epic mobs (in LB - Wrath of Modred) f-ing class.

back then when having a glowy wpn was excellent

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
lol yus, remember the raids to kill juggernaut and the other buggers at CF :p And the first hib dragon raid attempt (no further comment)

something i miss was the completely different ambient with frontier exping and invaders hunting expers.. high lvls coming on the rescue of the exping parties etc ;d (at places like gorge rats or those horses at the lake near power relic) Hell back then, having a fg exping at crim fins meant crim was defended ;p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
As any old-skool ranger will tell you, the only mobs that gave Hibernian archers a nightmare were Irewoods!

Saplings to Greenbarks to Grovewoods, these things were the staple diet for the solo ranger, before the dark times, before the buffbots!

Irewoods in Mt Colloroy saw a few wonderful skirmishes with enemy players like Bee and random thanes/theurgs amongst others.

Saplings on the ridge from Connla to Treibh was a popular spot, as were the Greenbarks in Cullen and near Ailinne.

Ahh memories, horrid, horrid memories :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
lofff said:
And the first hib dragon raid attempt (no further comment)

Can't remember what happened on the first raid, i get em mixed up now.

Was that the one where we wiped, released, ran back, got ld's, waited, wiped, released, ran back, got ld's, waited, wiped, released....

Or was it the one where we split all the groups into tank groups, mage groups, healer groups, then wiped, released, ran back, got ld's, waited, wiped, released.........you get the idea ;)?

flinter

Fledgling Freddie
Very nice seeing all the old areas and spots again.. and the camp bonuses are immense! Lubbish

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Tallen said:

Was that the one where we wiped, released, ran back, got ld's, waited, wiped, released, ran back, got ld's, waited, wiped, released....

Or was it the one where we split all the groups into tank groups, mage groups, healer groups, then wiped, released, ran back, got ld's, waited, wiped, released.........you get the idea ;)?

you missed the part where the dragon went batshit and chain aoe'd everyone

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
Tallen said:
As any old-skool ranger will tell you, the only mobs that gave Hibernian archers a nightmare were Irewoods!

Saplings to Greenbarks to Grovewoods, these things were the staple diet for the solo ranger, before the dark times, before the buffbots!

Irewoods in Mt Colloroy saw a few wonderful skirmishes with enemy players like Bee and random thanes/theurgs amongst others.

Saplings on the ridge from Connla to Treibh was a popular spot, as were the Greenbarks in Cullen and near Ailinne.

Ahh memories, horrid, horrid memories :(

Rofl ; oh god it's THEM ... :clap:

Soloing on those pesky mobs shooting arrows all day long...
I remember makin a chatgroup with Squalion and Puk because we were all soloing on those trees and needed some comedy so we started a daily chatgroup where we entertained eachother with telling jokes etc :p

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Tallen said:

was a long time ago, but i remember a zerg of 160 proud hibs (with hardly a dozen of lvl 50sh) charging the evul dragon with high spirit get wiped in roughly ~9seconds :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom