nolstalgia strikes

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
lofff said:
was a long time ago, but i remember a zerg of 160 proud hibs (with hardly a dozen of lvl 50sh) charging the evul dragon with high spirit get wiped in roughly ~9seconds :D

I still have the screenshots from that first dragon raid, raid leader screaming at everyone to take their cloaks off to reduce the lag and no proccing weapons, everyone was running about trying to buy merchant weapons!

Place looked like a cemetery afterwards, think we took 2% off it's health :(

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Reminds me when i was playing at Prydwen and us brave hibbies were going DR.

Went ld and lagrun straight to Glimmerlings and the Dragon itself :p

Eluvia

Fledgling Freddie
i remmeber going to take Dun crimthian in beta, and was with 160 albs at amg. I was level 38 armsman and one of highest there, and fuckign shadowblades kept killing all the casters without showing themselves and i was like woah, then a ranger killed 2fg and so whole zerg ran up to try find him. but couldnt ofc. then we ran to crim, and was a mentalist and eld who farmed our entire zerg by casting aoe's thru the walls and nobody got heals lol.

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
cliffs of moher... oh, cliffs of moher.
parth farm.
dew sheeries.
bazar pookhas.
coruscating mines.
oldschool exp groups.
memories.

Rubric

Part of the furniture
God Dammit dont post stuff like this. Now i want to come back :(

Erekrose

eSo

Can't get enough of FH
oh yeah, and lfg at innis carthaig :cheers:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Tallen said:
As any old-skool ranger will tell you, the only mobs that gave Hibernian archers a nightmare were Irewoods!

Saplings to Greenbarks to Grovewoods, these things were the staple diet for the solo ranger, before the dark times, before the buffbots!

Irewoods in Mt Colloroy saw a few wonderful skirmishes with enemy players like Bee and random thanes/theurgs amongst others.

Saplings on the ridge from Connla to Treibh was a popular spot, as were the Greenbarks in Cullen and near Ailinne.

Ahh memories, horrid, horrid memories :(

ohhh yer =) I shot thousands of arrows into these trees =)

beware of evil Grovewoods though. All the trees till then were totally easy, then suddenly chain ae rooting and DoT'ing mob, they did hurt me when I attacked them the first time ( and the last time tbh =)) )

Brodaya

Fledgling Freddie
When crafters were respected for their time spent making you uber gear and a grp would fight for the drops!

Going into EZ for the first time and finding the Azures AND getting backout.. Damn! we thought we were good!
In RvR on my druid and having the top rez and being one of only a few who specced high enough and standing in MMG for 13 secs while u pulled a caster up with 100% mana & health. Group purge!!! <sigh>

Dinging 50 on hulks in DF and trying to solo on the mobs that dinged you.

Its nice to see MM filled with DM's from all us lowbies again :clap:

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Eluvia said:
i remmeber going to take Dun crimthian in beta, and was with 160 albs at amg. I was level 38 armsman and one of highest there, and fuckign shadowblades kept killing all the casters without showing themselves and i was like woah, then a ranger killed 2fg and so whole zerg ran up to try find him. but couldnt ofc. then we ran to crim, and was a mentalist and eld who farmed our entire zerg by casting aoe's thru the walls and nobody got heals lol.

wasnt tru the walls :D back then u could spam AE on a dead corpse at amg gates (for instance) and anyone who came close would die before getting tru xd (hitting even ppl out of los)

bet the ranger was hotnogg :p (spelling was different tho 8( )

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
liloe said:
ohhh yer =) I shot thousands of arrows into these trees =)

beware of evil Grovewoods though. All the trees till then were totally easy, then suddenly chain ae rooting and DoT'ing mob, they did hurt me when I attacked them the first time ( and the last time tbh =)) )
Not to mention they CFH'ed as well. Always nice to see the whole forrest uproot itself and chase some hapless ranger or eld/menta to Cain.

I bet the ranger was either Hothnogg or Balnor ( off chance it was Grey).

Danita

Speedr

Fledgling Freddie
eSo said:

That has to be the statement of this thread .. man those Melancholic fairy groups were so much fun hehe.

Also, i STILL hunt with my toons in all the old xp spots, none are PL'd

/level chars go to dew sheeries till 23, then onto spraggonales and walking rocks till 28,sometimes diverting myself to irewoods in connaught, then it's out to collory for a while :)

Goiing through it all again with an animist.. mucho fun running around like my menta as mana spec hehe.

oh, and my first time seeing the Green Knight out near renaris ?? nice to suicide on back then :p

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
eSo said:

the amount of time i sat there for hours lfg! then ended up doing 42-50 in summoners hall gotta love the old spawn rate :cheers:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
greatest moment was dinging 50 for the 1st time at fins (tank group) after 20ish hours as main puller, jesus i used a lot of arrows, whenever someone was coming to the join the group it was "bring arrows" fantastic times, kind of makes me sad how the game has turned out :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Raven said:
greatest moment was dinging 50 for the 1st time at fins (tank group) after 20ish hours as main puller, jesus i used a lot of arrows, whenever someone was coming to the join the group it was "bring arrows" fantastic times, kind of makes me sad how the game has turned out :(

ye, that was the time where you pulled 3 mobs max! i agree, when i think back on old pve i kinda miss it 8/

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
and garba trying to ding 50 on dullahans next to innis (sp?) , dying all the time :p

still remember i was watching you for a bit then :D think i was still lvl ~30-40 that time

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
well well....those were the days:)
When i started daoc my pc werent that great. So i could never go in dungeosn and the like. So instead of going muir or some other place, i always had to find different spots to level. One of the favourite spots was siabs down the sloop from muir. And also spent alot of time around parths and down to badgers and rocks doing groups:)
Many nice memories from there......

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Culanan said:
I still have the screenshots from that first dragon raid, raid leader screaming at everyone to take their cloaks off to reduce the lag and no proccing weapons, everyone was running about trying to buy merchant weapons!

Place looked like a cemetery afterwards, think we took 2% off it's health :(

Oh man that brings back memories!

We had the same thing the next day raiding the Mid Giant, i THINK it was lead by Asmodian, the old Hibbie and CBH realm raid leader :)

Raven: Weren't the old fins 8-man tank groups the best! So much fun :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
and garba trying to ding 50 on dullahans next to innis (sp?) , dying all the time :p

still remember i was watching you for a bit then :D think i was still lvl ~30-40 that time

I used to have trasured screenies of then lowbies from various groups such as Karlophin, Timpany, Lessurl, Moriaana, Spooks, Snaekeeyes, Pocahontas (I know how to root pull, i really do! ;)) and a few others (mainly from Draconis Allumnai).

Also remember the CF guild and alliance leader Grey trying to ding 50 at the Irewoods in Cullen and the CM pit-crew of Lothlorion, Grace, Phillip, Panda, Completeandutter...oh and a certain druid who couldnt tell between single root and aoe root, now what was her name....? ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
I used to have trasured screenies of then lowbies from various groups such as Karlophin, Timpany, Lessurl, Moriaana, Spooks, Snaekeeyes, Pocahontas (I know how to root pull, i really do! ;)) and a few others (mainly from Draconis Allumnai).

Also remember the CF guild and alliance leader Grey trying to ding 50 at the Irewoods in Cullen and the CM pit-crew of Lothlorion, Grace, Phillip, Panda, Completeandutter...oh and a certain druid who couldnt tell between single root and aoe root, now what was her name....? ;)

would be nice if you could upload some screenies, i love them :D

have some myself aswell but limited upload at home, will see if i can get them hosted anywhere

Nemlius

Fledgling Freddie
remember on one of my first days ..3 years ago with my bard when it was lvl 5 or something some guy took me out and learned me how to use the diff spells, didnt even know him :p way back when people had the time to help out realm mates :) ..also remember arguing with a lvl3 when i was lvl 1 cause he didnt wanna grp said id steal hes exp lol.....

Muire Tomb with Toki getting our butts kicked lol

Innis waiting for hours for a group that died first atempts people leave and back to waiting :p

The everlasting pain of Alpha killing us when exping in frontiers lol

or the "wtf do mentalist heal ??? " lol ;)

WullieTheRed

Loyal Freddie
Raven said:

LOL damn right dude, I remember those times... saying that, nearly brought a tear to my eye reading this thread, remember how much Hibbies used to help eachother back before most people were trying to act all l33t n stuff? ah damn. Bring back the hibbie glory days! XD

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
would be nice if you could upload some screenies, i love them :D

have some myself aswell but limited upload at home, will see if i can get them hosted anywhere

Used to have em, lost them all when i lost my hard drive unfortunately :(

Vulcan

Fledgling Freddie
Or the first time I wiped a full group of us expoing in CM cos Id no idea what PBAOE was and having just specced it thought hmm whats this do then looked totally innocent and blamed mobs adding tho walls, with the comment I didnt do it wasnt me lol

The funniest thing I remember tho was /as commentry of Gray the then GM of CF getting chased from Sab City to DL with 7 Siabra's, wiping Inness, Howth, and all the NPC in those towns all the way to DL where the Master Elds boshed em.

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
the best way to bring back nostalgia is to turn music back on (if you have had it off for the past few years) and then take a horse from dl to connla and listen to the music as you pass through mag mell and mbeo, almost brings a tear to the eye !

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
Badger cubs / large frogs / skeletal pawns / rat boys / skeletal minions / water beetle collectors / Orchard Nippers / Hill Toads / Blackthorns(pure heaven imo) / Lough Wolves / Mbeo Blackthorns / Muire / Siabras / Fishing Bears / Parthanans / Them biggie Spraggons / Spraggon Den / Treibh Caillte /
Pookhas? / Coruscating Mines / Some Darkness Falls ofc / And then there was Fins..........Gotta love the tank grps. When focuspull came it went downhill all the way...

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
Drummer said:
Badger cubs / large frogs / skeletal pawns / rat boys / skeletal minions / water beetle collectors / Orchard Nippers / Hill Toads / Blackthorns(pure heaven imo) / Lough Wolves / Mbeo Blackthorns / Muire / Siabras / Fishing Bears / Parthanans / Them biggie Spraggons / Spraggon Den / Treibh Caillte /
Pookhas? / Coruscating Mines / Some Darkness Falls ofc / And then there was Fins..........Gotta love the tank grps. When focuspull came it went downhill all the way...
even now focuspull isnt there for loads cause most chanters are exping vamps or bainshees

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom