no price cut fo euro ps3

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Bah :S
BBC said:
In Europe gamers will get a "starter pack" at an unchanged price of £425 for the 60GB machine, with two games and two controllers included.
And they are "forcing" people to get two games which dont sell all that well and two "old" controllers? Ah well, £425 for that pack plus five BlueRay movies would be fine for me :p

Have to check how much US-PS3 (60Gb) would cost after customs, kinda decided to get a BR-player as soon as possible :cool:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

soze

I am a FH squatter
Bah :S

And they are "forcing" people to get two games which dont sell all that well and two "old" controllers? Ah well, £425 for that pack plus five BlueRay movies would be fine for me :p

Have to check how much US-PS3 (60Gb) would cost after customs, kinda decided to get a BR-player as soon as possible :cool:

£250 for a ps3 now in the states Prolly 300 with delivery tnd if you get stung on tax another £51 odd quid so £351 tops to get one here i would say.

And Resistant Fall of Man and Motorstorm are not failing to sell they are the only two current exclusives. And alot of people i know who have played my 360 agree Resistance is as good as GOW. So not a crap game.

And out of Interest what do you mean by Old controller i have not read anything about a new six axis?

http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStati...-Games-+-FREE-HDMI-cable-+-Click/Product.html
This is not a bad bundle 3 games a hdmi lead and a blu ray.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Fucking LOL

Have you played both? The Graphics are equal except Resistance has beter details on the face. Resistance is better with online according to my mates with both.

And not i said as good as not better.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Have you played both? The Graphics are equal except Resistance has beter details on the face. Resistance is better with online according to my mates with both.

And not i said as good as not better.

Soze, having played them both and online I have to say, GoW is quite a bit better. That isn't to say Resistance is bad, it is infact a very good game.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Back when I got my first PS2, I paid £450 for the console, and extra controller, memory card, 1 PS2 game and a couple of PS0ne games. That PS3 bundle looks a fair price, to me anyway.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It would look a whole lot better if they let you chose the games. The extra controller is a nice addition, but I think the majority of people that have not got one yet would have been more enticed by a price cut.

At the end of the day, the only reason I bought one when I did was because I got 20% off at the time. I could not bring myself to spend £425 on one.

Soze: Yes I have played both, hence why I find that comment laughable.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Soze, having played them both and online I have to say, GoW is quite a bit better. That isn't to say Resistance is bad, it is infact a very good game.

Thats fair i try not to compare as my natural responce is to protect Sony ;)

But im just going on what my friends with 360s said at our Poker night.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Online Gears isnt that special imo but single player mode is a whole differant league. Resistance doesnt even come anywhere clsoe in SP mode. But ofc after u done SP its MP that lasts longer and in this regard they both about the same .

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Thats fair i try not to compare as my natural responce is to protect Sony ;)

But im just going on what my friends with 360s said at our Poker night.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one. I have two but that is because I went for a swim in the coolant water at Sellafield! :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
That PS3 bundle looks a fair price, to me anyway.

Imagine everyone's surprise :)

The fact of the matter is, they're getting a hundred bucks off in the states and here they've decided to simply add more shit to the bundle. It's fucking gay, and it's a bad business decision as on the whole people will prefer to pay less and have the option of buying more than be forced. Also, thanks to the fact that so many people in Europe know about the Yank price cut it's doubly annoying that they've decided to offer something different here.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
There are some quality PS3 bundles right now.

play.com PS3+Genji+Motorstorm+Resistance+Blu-Ray Remote = £399
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStati...-Games-+-FREE-HDMI-cable-+-Click/Product.html

currys PS3+Virtua Fighter 5+Motorstorm+Resistance+Extra Controller = £425
Currys - Shop for PS3 Console - SONY PlayStation3, Plus... MotorStorm, Resistance, Virtua Fighter 5 and extra controller
(plus discount voucher available)
Discount: £30
Minimum Spend: £400.00
Promotional Code: AW30JULY
Expiry: 31/07/2007

soze

I am a FH squatter
Imagine everyone's surprise :)

The fact of the matter is, they're getting a hundred bucks off in the states and here they've decided to simply add more shit to the bundle. It's fucking gay, and it's a bad business decision as on the whole people will prefer to pay less and have the option of buying more than be forced. Also, thanks to the fact that so many people in Europe know about the Yank price cut it's doubly annoying that they've decided to offer something different here.

If what Cho posted is true the states is a limited offer. So chances are there are too many UK machines left in store for Sony to want to take the hit on. But i agree its another arse ache to see the machine for £250 in other countrys but still £425 here.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Loads of offers being advertised for PS3 in the paper today - 2 I remember was for woolies and currys - something like any 2 games 2 blu-rays and an extra controller for £425 - retailers must be trying to get rid of old stock before new bundle comes out :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yep was about to post about the woolies one. We got choice of 2 games from 5 titles, 2 blu-ray dvd's and the extra controller for £425.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
no decent games yet (i mean real "killer aps")
unproven next gen movie format (may well end up being the next betamax)

it needs to drop by £100 before i even think about getting one, they are riding their brand name and hoping for the best, its not enough

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
well it isn't is it? has the "next gen movie format war" got a victor yet? not meaning to damage you sony fan boy feelings but there is no reason to buy a PS3 at £400 odd is there? are there even 5 games worth £45 in existence for it? the only games on the horizon that even tempt me are Gran turismo MGS4 and final fantasy, the rest are just your standard console version of a PC game.

out of the three i think the Xbox has won (for the moment) saying that though i am not buying an xbox either as i have just bought a new DX10 compatible pc. consoles will be showing their age in a years time compared to PCs, thats just the way of things. The only one that wont will be the Wii because they concentrate on game play rather than graphics i guess.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
well it isn't is it? has the "next gen movie format war" got a victor yet?

Blu-ray has already obliterated HD-DVD. Yes, the format war is all but over. Hell, it was over when we found out Universal were the only studio exclusive to HD-DVD.

Anyway, you're obviously pretty uninformed or just some other console's fanboy if you really believe the PS3's lineup later this year and in '08 is full of PC games. Seeing as you're rooting for HD-DVD, and claiming the 360 has "beaten" the Wii for now (somehow getting slaughtered in the sales charts makes you a winner now? :clap:), I guess you're on Microsoft's side.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
no i am on the side of whichever one has the best games, i left the my console is better than your console argument back at primary school. as i say there are only one or two games on the ps4 (that are exclusives) that interest me. And where exactly did i say the xbox is better than the wii?

I am not rooting for HD-DVD at all, i am not rooting for either, thats the point, i would rather wait and see than put all my eggs in one basket.

Feel free to inform the miss-informed of (i dunno) lets say 5 PS3 exclusives that are worth spending £400 + a HD TV* on?

I have no interest in HD-TV so have no interest in buying an HD compatable TV.

Please do, rather than just the boring old PS3 RULZ LOLZ

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Blu-ray is plenty of reason for a HDTV, but I won't say it's worth paying £400 and getting a HDTV for just FIVE games. If you really want your 5 games, pick from any of these:

GT5, FF13, MGS4 (as you already mentioned)
Ratchet & Clank Future
Uncharted
Warhawk
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Heavenly Sword
And of course, the already released Motorstorm and Resistance

I admit, KZ2 is a bit dubious, but if it looks as good as the E3 demo throughout the whole game, I'm buying no matter how it plays :D Still, that's plenty of BIG and EXCLUSIVE games as you requested.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
And out of Interest what do you mean by Old controller i have not read anything about a new six axis?
Isn't Sony about to release rumble pad?

Anyway, bought PS3 Bundle (Motorstorm, Resistance and extra controller) for £400 from local store. Tekken 5 and Super Stardust HD are taking most of my time, Motorstorm was over too quickly (awesome game really) and Resistance is something really really horrible :| Hate the pad too, Xbox360 one is way better.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Isn't Sony about to release rumble pad?

Anyway, bought PS3 Bundle (Motorstorm, Resistance and extra controller) for £400 from local store. Tekken 5 and Super Stardust HD are taking most of my time, Motorstorm was over too quickly (awesome game really) and Resistance is something really really horrible :| Hate the pad too, Xbox360 one is way better.

I would be happy to be proved wrong for a dual shock pad :) Dont like this motion pad.

I really like Resistance favorite way to play it is co-op with a mate. I have always hated the MS game pad but im used to the sony one so if they gave me dual shock back i would love the controler again.

The thing that really bugs me about Motorstorm is no 2 player game mode.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Hmmm. I just priced up an Xbox 360 bundle on play. I "bought"

1 x Xbox 360 Elite - £330
1x Gears of war - £40
1 x Forza 2 - £40
1x Wireless controller £30

That comes to £440. I chose the Elite because it's as close to a PS3 spec-wise you're going to get. Now I haven't done maths in a while but isn't £440 greater then £425? Isn't the cheaper option also the one that'll play next gen discs out of the box?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Hmmm. I just priced up an Xbox 360 bundle on play. I "bought"

1 x Xbox 360 Elite - £330
1x Gears of war - £40
1 x Forza 2 - £40
1x Wireless controller £30

That comes to £440. I chose the Elite because it's as close to a PS3 spec-wise you're going to get. Now I haven't done maths in a while but isn't £440 greater then £425? Isn't the cheaper option also the one that'll play next gen discs out of the box?

Wait a sec just look at the 2 games they are 2 of the top games for the 360 without even thinking about it.

I went into woolies yesterday as i was interested in these bundles but when i saw the games on offer it was pretty clear i'm a gamer at heart and could care less about the blue ray stuff.

The options are pretty clear atm.

1. If you want a console thats built for next gen film watching but has a shit list of games except FF/MGS4/GT (lets face it they are the only games that come to everyones mind with the ps3) then get a PS3. Keep in mind though that you won't be seeing any of those games hit UK shores until sometime next year.

2. If you want a console that has a big list of AAA titles and another big list of AAA titles to be released in the coming months. Not forgetting the fact that 360 titles do not take months to come out here from our US friends 1-3 weeks max with the big titles so far they have been released here the same week US gets them.

For me that is the 2 options i face when i even think about investing in a PS3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom