No need for Wardens???

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
so i just wondering about there is no need for wardens anymore??? (only if its BG bot?) :touch:

Aint pbt/red resists/gimp healz/ability to fight/TFW/RR4 enough???

most times i cry lfg in BG of outside DL (like 90% i never see invite...)

in best i find totally random (no bard and/or no drood etc with rangers ns anis no fighters or/and no mages) group or make group with some friends of mine (again same stuff) or just go solo

sometimes i get pm that asks me if i have BG... (no i dont i say) and (answer: ok...) and thats it !!!!!!!!!
so wardens is only needed if he gets BG(bg bot)???

I work 6 days a week (mostly morings) and i study at same time trying to finish my Uni +i got some RL stuff = i cant attend all the BG ML raids so im going slowly through ML stuff (as it takes time) and cant get my self to ml8 at least in new few month so i must be gimp warden untill i get BG???

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
a good warden can do much more than bg aye, but nowadays heros are rare so warden is the only bg in grp, and in many situations it comes v handy.
plus someone who has never played with u, can hardly know how good u may be, and having a resist bot stuck to a caster with bg is the only 'safe' bet when u are inviting someone u never heard of

id suggest u answer: 'no but am a great grapplebot' next time rather than 'no i dont say', cos 'no i dont say' not only means 'no i dont have bg' but it also makes u look 12yo, and so many times a good grapple >>> waiting for bg to kick in (even tho am assuming ur ml3 ;p)

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
yes im ML3...... i missed ml4 like 2-3 times latley cause of work

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
kind of a crap situation (blame toa/mythic) but wardens need BG these days, ofc you do much more than just bg as a warden, but without it groups can live without you. Same goes for heros really, there is much more to them than a bg/grapple bot but they really need them if they expect to get groups.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
well, i do not believe its a crap situation.. and theres none to blame, just think about it and suposse nobody in grp has mls, so bard dont have fz/ps, droods dont have fop, no speewarps no banelord abilities, suddenly ur grp options are limited to what the game was a year ago, and therefore any opted grp will have an huge advantage fighting against you
when daoc was first out, getting to lvl50 was not easlier than getting ur mls is now, and in the long run running 8 lvl 50s or having half grp on the lvl 3X kind of made a difference too t.t

the most opted the grp is, the best performance ur gonna get, original poster says it himself, he does not like to be in grps which cant buff him for instance

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
I feel your pain mate, i was kinda busy with rl aswell back when ToA went live.. everyone got mls and artis and i was waay behind. Couldn't get any grps cuz of the usual "dude sends:" Do you got BG?" - all i could say was no.. and i couldnt get grps

Clan Fist

Fledgling Freddie
same here hehe i got no good templates(using rogs and what quest items i got few arti's)

and my warden is perfector :/ big minus lol but i did manege to get ml10 on her thou:D and from my run abouts people allways been yelling fop ffs ect and they usualy also loved my rampant healing+ wherment reneval combo for big aoe heals

but gave up playing since never realy had any good grps for more than like 1 hour every week:D

now im playing a hero that got kinda same problems but now i can atleast do some dmg and win 1 vs 1 fights even thou hero using rog armor few cheap easy goten arti's that dont fit the rog setup i have so basicly are usuless couse my resists would go to like 12 fire res( with SoM on and not pyro ifernal cloak) but i have goten to run with nice people from guild god bard and druid and a bm we know and optoinal mages that joins

just keep going m8:) you are good warden and i do know people yelling for wardens alot

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I'd have thought more groups would value pink body resist etc to be be honest. :|

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
What I found out is that if you can't fit other people's raids into your schedule, make them fit your raids into theirs ;)

Leading = You get to do the MLs = You get a certain reputation = You get groups ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
i really don't want to leave dl without warden in my group, but even though it might sound omgwtf elitist, i rather invite a warden that i know i can trust :)

if you're really dedicated and want to get in the rvr scene, you have to build a reputation for yourself.. just shouting 'lfg!!!!' and whining won't help :p

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm i'm only a RR3L6 warden, and not having a problem finding groups at all :?

and i'm only a ML1 Battlemaster sofar :)
(Mistify) =]
---

oh and btw.. No one has asked me if i have BG sofar

Merrilow

Fledgling Freddie
Devilseye said:

(Mistify) =]
---

it'll be that tight fitting armour you wear :fluffle:

Reser

Fledgling Freddie
tbh i have 2 agree to get a good grp you need BG but thats just the way the game is atm to compete with the best you have to have the best grps and with the lack of heroes a and the new tank setup in most grps a bg warden is a must. But if u dont have BG then twf is a must for wardens as i belive its one of the bast RA`s out atm if you show peeps you can use that well the grps should be nps 2 get

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
A good friend of mine ingame had this to say about this care (nothing personal but applies perfectly);

When presented with the "No sorry, RL prevents me from doing the MLs and artifacts but I am experienced and it shouldnt make any difference for the group if I have them or not" he usually replied "Cry me a fucking river! Why would I wanna spend/waste hundreds of hours doing my own MLs/artifacts only to play with people who cant be assed to do them cause of different reasons, and ensure loss against other opted groups just to be nice and group everyone".

I kinda have to agree though, everyone play to win in RvR. If you play this game, nothing can prevent you from getting to ML10 since TOA came out, thats just not trying enough. Yes, ML8 Battlemaster is preferred on warden and if you wanna play one, do the 8 MLs required. As Gear says, if you cant fit into others MLs, do your own, its always plenty of people that wanna join.

Bluevixen

Fledgling Freddie
I disagree, getting MLs is not that easy for everyone.
Example: On the last step of an ML5 group raid I did last night one person fell through a 'hole' in the wall of the step. This meant they did not get credit..so now they cannot do the BG raid. So now they must wait for another raid and spend another 3 hours on it.

The rule that you don't get credit for the last step if you don't have all the others should be nerfed.

Not everyone who plays this game can stay up till 11/12 at night. Not everyone can afford a great PC so they don't LD on the big raids.

Some of the abilities like FOP are worth making extra effort for...but Crystal Titan at ML10...what the hell does that thing do?

/whine off

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Bluevixen said:
Not everyone who plays this game can stay up till 11/12 at night

That's the problem really. tbh, I don't care about people's ML abilities in my group. Spets is a guildy, he's doing fine, we play to have fun so who cares... We mostly get zerged anyway, so even if he had BG it wouldn't make that much of a difference. I rather enjoy my playtime with friends, even if that means eating dirt, than trying to setup an optimal group that will bring terror etc ;)

Ofc, on the other hand I can always solo with my ranger :)

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Bluevixen said:
I disagree, getting MLs is not that easy for everyone.
Yes, its easy for everyone. How long have TOA been out in Europe? 1 year+ Its a matter of 3 hours now and then, its not a matter of 10+ hour stretches till way past midnight, most MLs run rather smoothly. Yes, the long MLs have occured and still do, if RL comes in the way, log and join the next in a few weeks time.
Bluevixen said:
Not everyone can afford a great PC so they don't LD on the big raids.
Odds are if your comp cant handle a medium sized ML raid you wont really perform very well in RvR either with loadlag and mini-zergs which you encounter alot of these days. Distance near, effects none and names off, you need a real shitty comp to not keep up with that tbh.
Bluevixen said:
Some of the abilities like FOP are worth making extra effort for...but Crystal Titan at ML10...what the hell does that thing do?
Agreed, Crystal Titan might not be the best, but for situational fights it might make a nice difference. However, I can list a ton of abilities that boost the group greatly, for the warden in question the BG isnt the only ability needed since some people are very hung up on the "BG bot" term, a good Grappler can seriously cripple the other team by for instance put their MA out of play for the whole fight.

People will disagree ofcourse, but the game is 3+ years old, and those of us that have played it for the duration and have put in the hours needed to tweak and maximize our chars, will rather group with a) friends or atleast b) people with maxed out and tweaked chars in the group.

Aardwolf

Loyal Freddie
I totally agree with Vodka, its all about reputation. When your self worth in grp 7 people will know you are good and when, Some group leader asks do you know a good warden, they say 'yeh ofc ask Spetsnaz' =), I play with Legionnaire mostly now, at start i was stitting in DL for like 2-3 hours yelling LFG but when you've been arround with people for abit and they understand that you're determined and help group, they will invite you more. So work on your reputation m8, its not easy, but not saying its very hard just do your job and dont wine if something goes wrong we're all humans =). I know you are my frind and all but its true =0

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
ok im getting grapple today (/twist's fingers)

so i cry now: "im GRAPPLE BOT TAKE MEH PLZ SOME1" outside DL

hahahahahaahhhaahhahaha :wij: :wij:

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
twist figers i mean keep fingers crossed :p

yeh at last i made whining post in FH :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
You do not need ml's or rr's to be a good warden.

I know several high RR wardens who still have no freakin idea how to play their toons and 1 rr3 ml3 warden (prolly rr5 by now) who is the best i have ever seen, knows exactly what she is doing (yes, she!) at all times, knows how to use every skill she has to her advantage as the situation arises and is ESSENTIAL for the group we used to run. In a random group i'd choose her over anyone else, regardless of class or RR.

RA's help, Ml's help, but the player is the key to being successful playing a class like a warden.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
yes i know tallen but explain this to ppl who belive than if warden aint ml 8+ toa stuffed and is under RR5 aint good.........

i pbelive i know how to play warden ok i do mistakes but thats human nature

btw i made this post after i got frustrated at DL and went alb poc alone

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
You do not need ml's or rr's to be a good warden.

I know several high RR wardens who still have no freakin idea how to play their toons and 1 rr3 ml3 warden (prolly rr5 by now) who is the best i have ever seen, knows exactly what she is doing (yes, she!) at all times, knows how to use every skill she has to her advantage as the situation arises and is ESSENTIAL for the group we used to run. In a random group i'd choose her over anyone else, regardless of class or RR.

RA's help, Ml's help, but the player is the key to being successful playing a class like a warden.

umm, show me rr3 warden who is best u have seen ? .. and as far as I know all rr9+ (thats what I call *high* RR) wardens are pretty good players :p No idea bout others ;P

andree

Fledgling Freddie
Just because u get rp plvled in opted gankgrps doesnt make u a good warden, i mostly played random pick-up grps but i also joined gankgrps and a wardens work is by far much harder in a pick-up grp. This could ofc be applied to all classes but wardens are one of the classes u 'feel' the difference mostly

So it aint all about how much rp u gained, the way u gained them is also a factor to be considered :p

About the ml's... for a warden ml is essential imo, even if u r a good players u get some powerful toys to work with from the bm line, toys that the grp really benefit from... atleast that was the situation when i played my warden actively

And before some1 flames me... yes im a crappy warden :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Devilseye said:

(Mistify) =]
---

you're pretty ok though as Warden, considering your RR and so =)) that is if you're with the group and not 100 miles away =)) and I got that on video ( fight with you missing ) =)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Jika said:
yeeep .. Freddina roxxored boxxors

I agree and now come back to Excal, I miss the: "Why the hell do I survive all the time and you die"? =))

oh and ofc your Warden gameplay =))

EDIT: and to andree, Freddina played by Jika is an uber Warden, so not RP-PL'ed

andree

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
I agree and now come back to Excal, I miss the: "Why the hell do I survive all the time and you die"? =))

oh and ofc your Warden gameplay =))

EDIT: and to andree, Freddina played by Jika is an uber Warden, so not RP-PL'ed

Well, i wasnt thinkin of any1 in particular :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Jika said:
umm, show me rr3 warden who is best u have seen ? .. and as far as I know all rr9+ (thats what I call *high* RR) wardens are pretty good players :p No idea bout others ;P

My opinion and this really wasn't the point of the post anyway.

Point was a good player > a bad player regardless of RR and ML for a Warden (not true for all classes i agree). I say player, not person, because i know you were a pretty good player ;)

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
you're pretty ok though as Warden, considering your RR and so =)) that is if you're with the group and not 100 miles away =)) and I got that on video ( fight with you missing ) =)
Me? Running 100 miles away?¿

Blame the scout shooting @ me imo :twak: :D
But ermm.. show vid :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom