Need help with old account...

Gandelf

Loyal Freddie
Firstly, apologies if there is a FAQ somewhere regarding this, but I'm not sure where to look.

I'm Thinking of playing DAoC again, but haven't played for a few years and certainly haven't transferred to the US. So, what I would like to know please is:-
1. Is it still possible for me to transfer to the US? I used to play on Prydwen and mostly with my level 50 Eldritch.
2. If it's still possible, how might I go about it please?

Just hoping that because I haven't played for years that my account hasn't been closed and my characters deleted. I know that I had enough platinum on my consignment merchant to pay the rent on my house until something like 2017, so hopefully my house will still be there too. But, mostly I'm hoping my characters are still there.

Appreciate your help. Ta.

Everz

FH is my second home
You can still transfer, just log into prydwen and type /freexfer ywain(number) and your sorted. As for houses..who knows heh.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Firstly, apologies if there is a FAQ somewhere regarding this, but I'm not sure where to look.

I'm Thinking of playing DAoC again, but haven't played for a few years and certainly haven't transferred to the US. So, what I would like to know please is:-
1. Is it still possible for me to transfer to the US? I used to play on Prydwen and mostly with my level 50 Eldritch.
2. If it's still possible, how might I go about it please?

Just hoping that because I haven't played for years that my account hasn't been closed and my characters deleted. I know that I had enough platinum on my consignment merchant to pay the rent on my house until something like 2017, so hopefully my house will still be there too. But, mostly I'm hoping my characters are still there.

Appreciate your help. Ta.

Yes it possible to transfer to US Servers.

Before you can gain access to you characters you have to login into Mythic account.

You gain access to you account through you OLD Game login and password and NOT Sub login you had with GOA.YOU must also ADD _EU in log.

e.g Soulja_EU

Once you have logged into you page you can reactivate you account you should be able to have 14 days free.Once you done this Start up Daoc.

Once you logged in you see list of servers Prydwen will be found in the Archive servers (Box bottom left of server screen Tick Archive server).

If all is well you find that you Characters are logged into the housing Zone.Login to 1 you characters and then do /freexfer Ywain (Number) you got choice 1-10 you want characters transfered to.I would pick say Ywain6-7 or 8 and reason is you want house and ywains1-5 housing lots have already been taken so you have more choice.It doesn't matter what Ywain you joined it ALL 1 BIG Server.

You must login all you characters you want transfered so move them all to same ywain.Once you done that log out and give them few minutes to transfer you characters to new server.

Right as for you House you should find whatever Ywain server you picked there be a merchant in the markets there and you find everything from House deed that you had and scrolls for merchants + Everything you had in you vaults there.

Best to get house deed/Porch/CM merchant get you house plot and set up you house buy the vaults for it and you find everything you had in vaults in old house back into you'rs also works when you put you CM back up.

If you had banners/Barrels from Dyvet then I am afraid they lost Mythic never did barrels and old guild banners they never did.

Hope this helps long winded but see you ingame soon :D

Gandelf

Loyal Freddie
Thanks ever so much for your kind help. I feel quite excited at the prospect of playing the game again. I originally started playing when the Classic version of the game first went live nearly 10 years ago. I really appreciate all the help. Cheers!

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks ever so much for your kind help. I feel quite excited at the prospect of playing the game again. I originally started playing when the Classic version of the game first went live nearly 10 years ago. I really appreciate all the help. Cheers!

NP you will find Server very Zergy so if you game play is solo I'm afraid you won't get much option.

Also you template will be old so you need new template if you did ML10 a lot and have them items still then keep them.

I am usually on Hib and will be this evening when I get in from Work if you ingame and need advice etc I be on Soulbow.

Gandelf

Loyal Freddie
Struggling a bit with installing DAoC. Not entirely sure why. I found my Catacombs box pack and ran the installer. Came to run it and I had to enter my original DAoC game key and the Mythic update panel came up and then... absolutely nothing, no action at all and then the error message "Cannot connect to the update server", Mythic Support.
Wondering if I have to load from a different version. I have all the orginal CDs, i.e. Classic, SI, Cata, ToA (yuck *spit*), DR. So if anyone can enlighten me I'd be most grateful, thanks.

Gandelf

Loyal Freddie
Thanks very much. I'll download it later today. :eek:)

Gandelf

Loyal Freddie
Yes it possible to transfer to US Servers.

Before you can gain access to you characters you have to login into Mythic account.

You gain access to you account through you OLD Game login and password and NOT Sub login you had with GOA.YOU must also ADD _EU in log.

e.g Soulja_EU

Once you have logged into you page you can reactivate you account you should be able to have 14 days free.Once you done this Start up Daoc.

Once you logged in you see list of servers Prydwen will be found in the Archive servers (Box bottom left of server screen Tick Archive server).

If all is well you find that you Characters are logged into the housing Zone.Login to 1 you characters and then do /freexfer Ywain (Number) you got choice 1-10 you want characters transfered to.I would pick say Ywain6-7 or 8 and reason is you want house and ywains1-5 housing lots have already been taken so you have more choice.It doesn't matter what Ywain you joined it ALL 1 BIG Server.

You must login all you characters you want transfered so move them all to same ywain.Once you done that log out and give them few minutes to transfer you characters to new server.

Right as for you House you should find whatever Ywain server you picked there be a merchant in the markets there and you find everything from House deed that you had and scrolls for merchants + Everything you had in you vaults there.

Best to get house deed/Porch/CM merchant get you house plot and set up you house buy the vaults for it and you find everything you had in vaults in old house back into you'rs also works when you put you CM back up.

If you had banners/Barrels from Dyvet then I am afraid they lost Mythic never did barrels and old guild banners they never did.

Hope this helps long winded but see you ingame soon :D

Thanks for the help. It has got me long way but I'm still not there yet. I've re-activated my account and linked it to my old EU one. I've also selected my payment method and have chosen the 1 month's subs renewal for now. All ok so far. I login to the game, select Prydwen from the archived servers, the game loads and I'm pleased to see all my characters there - yipee! But, this is where things don't seem to go as you've described. I select 1 of my characters, and click on "Play", the screen goes black, my mouse pointer appears in the centre of the screen, the screen blinks and I'm back to my character selection screen.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. The only thing it might be is that I have the freeshard DAoC also installed, but I'm pretty certain I'm not invoking that.
Any ideas please?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the help. It has got me long way but I'm still not there yet. I've re-activated my account and linked it to my old EU one. I've also selected my payment method and have chosen the 1 month's subs renewal for now. All ok so far. I login to the game, select Prydwen from the archived servers, the game loads and I'm pleased to see all my characters there - yipee! But, this is where things don't seem to go as you've described. I select 1 of my characters, and click on "Play", the screen goes black, my mouse pointer appears in the centre of the screen, the screen blinks and I'm back to my character selection screen.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. The only thing it might be is that I have the freeshard DAoC also installed, but I'm pretty certain I'm not invoking that.
Any ideas please?

Once you Click play you should load that character in the Housing area of the old Server.Once you in housing it just case of transfering.

You may want try a reinstall it may have missed a file that could be corrupted if not on login screen you see Tech Support try there see if they had that problem before and if not Email them.

Sorry but hope it helpful

Gandelf

Loyal Freddie
Seems to be ok now. I relogged a couple of times then was able to transfer characters. Hopefully see some old Prydwenites knocking around.

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
No 1 on now Everz only Nightsend who re subbed because he bought a 3D monitor and wanted to try game out :lol:

Everz

FH is my second home
Hah, EU hib was only ever small though and most the interest died years ago. Shame.

He'll never quit hah, 3D just a clutch excuse ;D

Dard

Part of the furniture
Thinking of resubbing just to look at my toons :)
Don't have time to play these days tho :(

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Thinking of resubbing just to look at my toons :)
Don't have time to play these days tho :(

Hmm, don't be doing that - I thought I'd kicked the habit but I'd consider a comeback to run around like a loon with you.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Sorry for the thread hi-jack btw Gandelf!

So nearly re subbed recently but bought Skyrim instead :/
Do miss you guys tho ... kinda sad for a 43 yr old Local Authority Enforcement Officer but wtf eh :D

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Sorry for the thread hi-jack btw Gandelf!

So nearly re subbed recently but bought Skyrim instead :/
Do miss you guys tho ... kinda sad for a 43 yr old Local Authority Enforcement Officer but wtf eh :D

Beers instead then :).

randomeclipse

Loyal Freddie
We should make a FreddyHouse guild and all those active and game could join and run together :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom