No Man's Sky - procedurally generated Sci-Fi exploration

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't know enough about the mechanics of it all to know either way (least of all the console side of it) but I do know they tried for hours to "find" each other, both were live-streaming on Twitch at the time and both were taking suggestions left right and centre about things to try. It really was very exhaustive.
I didn't buy Doom because I knew I would hate it (and be shit at it). I felt justification of that when a colleague showed me videos of players ripping opponents heads apart and other grotesquerie. I'll look at Cities Skylines a bit harder though if you reckon its a trend-bucker.
Doom is definitely not for the squeamish but as a shooter it's practically flawless... graphics, pace, story, difficulty, opposition etc... It really is a wonderful game and after lots of negative press during its beta phase it was a welcome surprise. Cities Skylines is basically what the reboot of Sim City should've been, the one outshines the other in every department.

Anastasia

Can't get enough of FH
Named my start planet for my wife, cos I'm a big softie. Also found somewhere called "The North", which I doubt is its original name.

<insert joke about desolate wastelands, shell-suits and voting Brexit here>.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Logically the further towards the centre you get the higher the chance of meeting someone is I guess, assuming people are heading there too.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So it appears its yet another game shackled by the peasantry. Underneath is a phenomenal engine that could be redeemed given time but a clearly rushed and underpowered end product.

Doesn't help that Hello Games has gone full turtle over it.

fwi I actually enjoyed it for 30 odd hours then hit the "this isn't fun any more" wall and haven't touched it since, pretty much as soon as I fully upgraded everything and realised that all that was left to do was system hop to the centre.

Code analysis of No Man's Sky praises engine, criticises 'unfinished' game | PC Gamer

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Definitely worth a revisit, it's basically a different game now. It's only taken them 5 years after release to finish it :)

If you're into survival/exploration/crafting/building it can go very deep, it is kind of frustrating at times though because there are just so many different materials that often need to be changed to create something else, it can be a bit of a trek to get what you need.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Definitely worth a revisit, it's basically a different game now. It's only taken them 5 years after release to finish it :)

If you're into survival/exploration/crafting/building it can go very deep, it is kind of frustrating at times though because there are just so many different materials that often need to be changed to create something else, it can be a bit of a trek to get what you need.
I followed the quest line and completed was fun . That was about 18 Months ago i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom