No Man's Sky - procedurally generated Sci-Fi exploration

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Looks pretty amazing if it would live up to this video alone.

Last edited:

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Should probably put this in the console section since it's only confirmed as a PS4 release right now isn't it? with some dev's saying they may be "interested in a pc version".

Either way I saw this on twitch E3 and it does look good, It was one of the few things I looked up after the conference.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Should probably put this in the console section since it's only confirmed as a PS4 release right now isn't it? with some dev's saying they may be "interested in a pc version".

I thought it was going to be a PC release until Sony snapped them up...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Out in a week.

Bought!

Generally try to avoid pre-purchase but want this badboy downloaded and ready to go.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Endless, the code they used to make the game is incredible (the code was from a dutch company iirc), they claim that if you were to visit every planet in the game and stay only 1 second it would take literally 5 billion hours to visit them all.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have Elite but really struggle to find time to learn not crash a lot.

Hoping this is a kick back on the sofa exploration game. Should be great with the PS4 pad.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Nothing I've seen has convinced me it's a must buy. It's essentially another simplistic open-world procedurally generated survival game with a very low skill cap but really nice graphics.

So I'll wait for the reviews. My guess is that it will not be bad but certainly not deserving of all the hype and expectations.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Initial reactions from people who've been able to get their hands on it early are good but a bit meh. Definitely not a candidate for pre-order from me although having said that I don't pre-order games any more.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not a great start tbh. The dev has apparently been lying all along about being able to see other players in the game, he said the chances are infinitesimally small because of how much stuff there is in the world...

...but 2 players found themselves quite close to each other, communicated and went to the exact same spot and couldn't see each other or the other's interactions with the environment.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I hope they lied about everything else they said would be in the game too (or were deliberately vague so as not to alienate people pre-launch), it really inspires confidence.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I can see from the facepalm that it bothers you that some feature I don't care about doesn't work. I find that strange.

Besides which, piss poor test base. One of the players wasn't even signed in when they first started testing (As in, he was playing offline mode)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't really give a shit about what you do or don't care about, the facepalm was for your odd stance that you're ok with being lied to by the dev of a game that is becoming more and more disappointing and less and less like what was unveiled at E3 by the minute.

Both players had PSN, one didn't have PS Plus (whatever that is). Being signed in or not shouldn't make a difference as Sony said a PSN account wasn't even necessary to play online. Unless that was another lie. And the two players retried numerous times, if you read further down the post.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ps plus is the thing that allows online play.

A psn account is different, everyone has one as it drives the console experience, alone it has nothing to do with online play, just communication, game management and achievements.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It seems Sony need to clarify what you need or don't need then.

Every other multiplayer game needs plus subscription to play online, as in to interact with other players. Games with multiplayer parts, leaderboards (naming of planets?) does not for that part of the game, it is handled by standard PSN. So for example I can compare stats in PGA golf with a friend but not play against him - Edit, an example, no idea if it works, not turned my PS4 on in months.

Its most strange Sony would even say that in the first place, seeing as there was mass anger at the PS4 requirement for PS+ for online play, making an exception seems odd. Maybe Sony have the wrong end of the stick? Or the interviewer?

Anyway, its largely moot what happens or doesn't happen on oldy worldy machines. I am getting it on PC.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Also, 10 million species discovered. You could say their servers are getting hammered.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Pre-ordered on Steam. I hope the mouse controls are good :/

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Will be playing it with a PS4 pad myself. Hopefully its already key-mapped.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Meeeeh. Also, unlocks in 23 hours...so not midnight.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The first review I've seen gives it 5/10. Definitely waiting until after release, especially if they want € 60 for it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom