Nightraids, are they ok?

Do you think it is ok to do relicraids in the middle of the night?

• Im an alb and I think its totally ok to PVE relics

Votes: 57 17.0%
  • Im an alb and I think its wrong to PVE relics

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • Im a mid and I think its totally ok to PVE relics

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Im a mid and I think its wrong to PVE relics

Votes: 94 28.1%
  • Im a hib and I think its totally ok to PVE relics

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Im a hib and I think its wrong to PVE relics

Votes: 96 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Malcolm said:
bollocks.

what community? Majority of DAoC are casual players who barely know many people beyond their guild (and maybe their alliance) and what the colours are on the war maps.

ORLY? You think there is no community - why are you posting on this board? :D

Just because a player is casual doesn't mean they don't know there is a community here. Casual players need the community more than anyone else and if we had half a brain and an ounce of sense between us we would know that it is in our interests to make this a lively and welcoming a place to play.

We would try to explain their options about the range of things we are trying to promote. We should be proud of the many good things we have here rather than focussing on the whine all the time. Most of all we would invite them to comment and help make it better.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
ORLY? You think there is no community - why are you posting on this board? :D

Just because a player is casual doesn't mean they don't know there is a community here. Casual players need the community more than anyone else and if we had half a brain and an ounce of sense between us we would know that it is in our interests to make this a lively and welcoming a place to play.

We would try to explain their options about the range of things we are trying to promote. We should be proud of the many good things we have here rather than focussing on the whine all the time. Most of all we would invite them to comment and help make it better.

There is a difference between the FH DAoC "community" and the thousands of people who play DAoC.

The posters on FH are just a minority of DAoC players. The majority of DAoCers either do not know and probably don't care about what goes on here or abandoned FH after a short period because of the whining.

More important to them usually is a nice friendly guild and/or a bunch of mates to PVE/RVR.

The welfare of the overall "community" doesn't come into it.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
Muyl.......You have apologised for being involved in your later than normal raid

Dude wtf...why apologise ?????

You went, you saw, you pwned.

Rah :D

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Malcolm said:
There is a difference between the FH DAoC "community" and the thousands of people who play DAoC.

thousands is an exaggeration given our server population. However the posters are probably a minority - but what does that prove ? Nothing really tbh. Your assuming that the people who post here have somehow different opinions and feelings to the casual player..... I don't think you can assume that.

Malcolm said:
The posters on FH are just a minority of DAoC players. The majority of DAoCers either do not know and probably don't care about what goes on here or abandoned FH after a short period because of the whining.

You don't know and I would figure that the assumption that they are demographically or in game play any different is a dangerous one.

Malcolm said:
More important to them usually is a nice friendly guild and/or a bunch of mates to PVE/RVR.

Same for those who post here? Or are you trying to say those who post here like people who qq and bullshit all the time :p

Malcolm said:
The welfare of the overall "community" doesn't come into it.

Come into what exactly? :D

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
Dude wtf...why apologise ?????

You went, you saw, you pwned.

Rah :D

yeah, i know, i think he`s lieing. or i was drunk. could be either.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
and this poll proves that hib is the overpopulated realm !!!!

albs are nearly the underpopualted realm according to the count on this poll !!

Im an alb and ... 36 + 27 = 73
Im a mid and ... 13 + 57 = 70
Im a hib and ... 19 + 69 = 88 !!

quad errat demonstrandum

Give more polls !

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:
and this poll proves that hib is the overpopulated realm !!!!

albs are nearly the underpopualted realm according to the count on this poll !!

Im an alb and ... 36 + 27 = 73
Im a mid and ... 13 + 57 = 70
Im a hib and ... 19 + 69 = 88 !!

quad errat demonstrandum

Give more polls !

Nah it proves we are more pissed off than the rest of you gimps! ;)

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
thousands is an exaggeration given our server population.

thousands is not an exaggeration. I didn't say "thousands of people on excalibur/prydwen", i said "thousands of people who play DAoC".

Sharkith said:
However the posters are probably a minority - but what does that prove ? Nothing really tbh. Your assuming that the people who post here have somehow different opinions and feelings to the casual player..... I don't think you can assume that.

You don't know and I would figure that the assumption that they are demographically or in game play any different is a dangerous one.

I'm not saying that as whole that FH posters have different opinions and feelings to casual players, however this place does attract quite a number of the..how should i put it...more anally retentive kind of player who wants to set up their own set of rules & regs "for the good of the DAOC community" about what constitutesy "fighting fair" and what times of day should you attack keeps and heaven forfend it if you don't obey them.

Sharkith said:
Same for those who post here? Or are you trying to say those who post here like people who qq and bullshit all the time :p

No but there's quite a number of us who qq and bs all the time :)

Sharkith said:
Come into what exactly?

Just saying to the majority of people in DAOC, as in RL these days (unless they're whipped into a fervour by press about paeodphiles...and paediatricians :p in their area) the "community" is a kind of abstract concept :)

The majority of people who leave DAOC aren't leaving because of adding and ac raids but rather they've done all they've wanted to do in this game and think it's time to move on :)

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Sharkith said:
Nah it proves we are more pissed off than the rest of you gimps! ;)
Or it prooves that hibs are underpopulated because they spend all their time on FH making polls! Hah! :D

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Malcolm,

thats much clearer now and I do agree with most of what your saying. I don't think the thousands that play DAOC worldwide are that important for us here on Excal/Pryd. Thats a Market rather than a community. Here on Excal/Pryd we have a community.

Now on the rules thing. There are people here who want rules I am not really for that I prefer to support guidelines in order to celebrate the styles of play that this great game can give us. I prefer to see each of them promoted for what is good about them rather than whining when others don't get it.

We can spend our lives worrying about those who are rulemakers (who scream 'don't add within seconds of some poor casual nuking down an opponent') or we can sidestep these people and try to promote positive aspects of the game.

As for AC-ing - I am certainly open to postiive arguments. I don't see any coming from those who do it and currently I am on the side of those that don't see much in it other than a selfish act by a tiny minority to get attention. The most positive thing we could do as a community (including Alb, Mids and Hibs) would be as follows:

Some attention whores AC a relic. The keep holding the relic is immediately dropped to 1 and the community stands aside whilst the relic is retaken. The Ac'ers are get attention but not the attention they wanted - all they did was make arses out of themselves.

Like I said before - guidelines - no-one has to do it.

If you look at football when someone in the opposing team gets injured by a player in your own team it is now a guideline that you kick the ball out so that player can receive attention. The opposing team usually throws the ball back to you. There is no rule - they do it out of courtesy. People break the unofficial guideline all the time because they can but essentially a lot of people follow it. Who is the most respecful?

It would be nice if we could all do likewise to each other. Like I said not a rule - it would simply be one way to resolve the issue.

kind regards

Sharkith

igli

Fledgling Freddie
cba to read it all but say what you want, its a 24/7 game.... so if some wants do do at night so what:confused: realm dosent matter who does what imo.

Bloodcore

Can't get enough of FH
Ur missing the "im an alb and dont like two realms teaming up on me - so i dont mind nightraids" option

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
elbeek said:
Do you ever actually read a post before you make yourself look like a ****?

no, as he has no common sense ;)

boom boom I are teh funnay :p

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodcore said:
Ur missing the "im an alb and dont like two realms teaming up on me - so i dont mind nightraids" option

What do you think are the possible reasons two realms team up against you?

As far as I can tell there's two possible reasons:

a). In a 3 realm game, the '3rd' realm will usually try to exploit any action between the other two realms to thier own advantage. E.g. Mid hitting alb when they are under attack by Hib, or Hib hitting mid while they are under attack from Alb, or any permutation of this.

b). The other 2 realms are severly pissed off at the actions of the realm being teamed up on.

Situation a) is a natural occurance of a 3 realm game, and has been going on in all permutations since the start of DAoC - if you can't see this happens, then you truely are blinkered.

Situation b) is also a natural occurance by a large number of players who feel that said actions are in someway 'wrong' and 'damaging' to the wider community.

How is taking more relics at 4 am ever going to stop a) or b) from happening? You can prevent b) by trying to stop the actions that are 'winding up' so many of the opposing 2 realms.

You can probably reduce a) by letting some of the anger from b) die down a bit, then hitting one of the other 2 realms yourself on a sustained basis, and you'll quite rapidly see the 'spare' realm join in with you on bashing your target. This isn't happening too much atm, as so many people are annoyed about the late raids, that have been happening during the past year on a quite frequent basis.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
common sense?

If your definition of common sense is "what I want for ME!" then yes your 100% correct.

If you had a poll that said "Would you like all the relics to belong to their own realms" then you'd find all the 8v8 crew would answer yes. That posted in this forum would probably be over 50% of the votes. Does that mean that no-one ever attempting a relic raid is "common sense"?

I've pointed this out lots of times in the past.. your NOT upset because the relics were taken at a point where you couldn't be part of it.. your upset because it disrupts your 8v8 fights, and/or the amount of zerg you have to farm when everyone switches realms. If albs took them primetime there would be an identical amount of whine about how albs having relics was bad, etc. etc.

If you want to be part of taking/defending a relic, then the fact they change hands overnight isn't an issue. You either have fun taking them or you don't. If you don't then let the night crew's fight over them, it gives them something to do, and if mid/hib organised AC crews (or whatever you want to call them) then it would all even itself out. If you do enjoy the large relic raids, then organise them anyway.. What ruins the game with relics is when they are stable in one realm..
Alb having 6 relics for 8 months is bad for the server, relics changing hands every 4 days makes no difference to anyone, unless we go back to the no-one ever touches a relic or they are the death of the server argument, which is what you really mean!

Gratz to the thread starter on making a fairly unbiased poll tho, whatever the hidden agenda might be. It's unusual not to have the first line.. "I'm an alb idiot PvE'er".

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
If your definition of common sense is "what I want for ME!" then yes your 100% correct.

If you had a poll that said "Would you like all the relics to belong to their own realms" then you'd find all the 8v8 crew would answer yes. That posted in this forum would probably be over 50% of the votes. Does that mean that no-one ever attempting a relic raid is "common sense"?

I've pointed this out lots of times in the past.. your NOT upset because the relics were taken at a point where you couldn't be part of it.. your upset because it disrupts your 8v8 fights, and/or the amount of zerg you have to farm when everyone switches realms. If albs took them primetime there would be an identical amount of whine about how albs having relics was bad, etc. etc.

If you want to be part of taking/defending a relic, then the fact they change hands overnight isn't an issue. You either have fun taking them or you don't. If you don't then let the night crew's fight over them, it gives them something to do, and if mid/hib organised AC crews (or whatever you want to call them) then it would all even itself out. If you do enjoy the large relic raids, then organise them anyway.. What ruins the game with relics is when they are stable in one realm..
Alb having 6 relics for 8 months is bad for the server, relics changing hands every 4 days makes no difference to anyone, unless we go back to the no-one ever touches a relic or they are the death of the server argument, which is what you really mean!

Gratz to the thread starter on making a fairly unbiased poll tho, whatever the hidden agenda might be. It's unusual not to have the first line.. "I'm an alb idiot PvE'er".

eh?

I don't care if Albs have all relics, or none, or all their own, or we one from another realm etc?

I just pointed out that taking relics primetime is far better for the server then taking it at the morning with 15 people.You can actually see it. Albs having a blast, mids aswell and hibs due to the fact that there are raids in primtetime.

The problem is however its just a oneway thing atm. Albs ac raid where noone plays and we do it while albs have the chance to defend.I have never been on a relic defence since nf started because of shitheads like cm. isn't that great?

Lets see wouldn't it be funny if all realms do their relic raids at 5am were noone else is online? No action at all during the evening just the random irvr.

Btw:

I dont know where you got the 8vs8 shit from but i actually enjoy all aspects of daoc which are 8vs8, zerging, soloing, duoing, tripleling,quadrupletriplehellsixtett,siege warefare etc nor have i checked who switches the realm for what reason ever..

The rest of your post is just stuff not related to my post.

Maybe get a few pages back and actually read what i wrote.

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
ok

so now u try and justify why u only attack alb.....u said it your self "once".

how many times do we have to put up with the double teaming.

tbh its not the ac raiders that make people want to leave , its the constant assault by 2 realms aginst 1.

again victims of your own propaganda

Hibs last night where going to attack mids for your information till we woke up and found out albs did a morning rr raid on us so we decided it was your turn again.

and for your information i only died once to a alb name (delira)

rest i died to mids so stop this crap about hibguard and so on we would of took all ur relics if it was not for mids attcking us at every keep we went to.

and its same when albs take a hib tower mids go take another one of hib towers.

its called getting instant port so all realm get some fun not just 2 realm

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
The problem is however its just a oneway thing atm. Albs ac raid where noone plays and we do it while albs have the chance to defend.I have never been on a relic defence since nf started because of shitheads like cm. isn't that great?

Congratulations on missing the point.

CM doesn't and never has stopped you from being on a relic defence. You want to whine at CM then find a valid reason..

The reason you haven't been on a relic defence is because the people in other realms who play during primetime arn't interested, or find it no fun. I'm going to take a stab and say that your currently playing on Hib.. I can assure you as an Alb that trying to take relics in prime time against a realm with banshees and animists is akin to banging your head repeatedly on a very solid wall covered in barbed wire. If CM didn't AC the relics in the morning then they would never get taken at all. I don't see the Mids queuing up to do primetime raids against you either, and they arn't AC'ing the relics, yet I don't see any "Mids haven't tried to take our relics in a month QQ" whines coming from you. When was the last time Mid or Hib organised a large scale attack on each other during primetime.. and i'm not talking about taking one keep for irvr. Any attempt at primetime is going to end in a omg hibgard/albernia/albgard whine the way NF is layed out anyway so you can't win there either tbh.

What the AC'ing of relics does is at least give you a chance to go take them back. If they wern't AC'ed then you wouldn't even get that, we just wouldn't bother, the irvr crap your complaining about is ALL there would be. At least this way you get to arrange your MRE raids where everyone seems to have fun. You really think even these would happen if the albs hadn't taken the relics at 4am?

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
Congratulations on missing the point.

CM doesn't and never has stopped you from being on a relic defence. You want to whine at CM then find a valid reason..

The reason you haven't been on a relic defence is because the people in other realms who play during primetime arn't interested, or find it no fun. I'm going to take a stab and say that your currently playing on Hib.. I can assure you as an Alb that trying to take relics in prime time against a realm with banshees and animists is akin to banging your head repeatedly on a very solid wall covered in barbed wire. If CM didn't AC the relics in the morning then they would never get taken at all. I don't see the Mids queuing up to do primetime raids against you either, and they arn't AC'ing the relics, yet I don't see any "Mids haven't tried to take our relics in a month QQ" whines coming from you. When was the last time Mid or Hib organised a large scale attack on each other during primetime.. and i'm not talking about taking one keep for irvr. Any attempt at primetime is going to end in a omg hibgard/albernia/albgard whine the way NF is layed out anyway so you can't win there either tbh.

You really think even these would happen if the albs hadn't taken the relics at 4am?

Well what to say.According to your posts you are speaking for the whole server.Prime example you doubt mre wouldnt happen without CM and such shit.Who are you to know such things. Ofc they would be still happen...there are more relics then the one in hurbury you know?

-Ppl aren't interested or find it not fun to raid primetime-

Can it be more stupid? Who are you to think speaking for the whole server?

-I can assure you as an Alb that trying to take relics in prime time against a realm with banshees and animists is akin to banging your head repeatedly on a very solid wall covered in barbed wire-

How would you know since albs never tried a proper relic raid?Just the one where they wasn't able to use ram and got owned at the first keep?

Well overall the rest of your post isn't related to my original post and you therefor not interesting for me. IT's Midsgard choice what they do and attack.

Btw this is my original post:
I play the Game the Way it is good for the server and not always like i want.Because that would be gay. ^^
So your comment about people playing the game like they want isnt true.

which went to this:
commons sense?

and then you came up with the shit you wrote in your two replies. I mean wtf....

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
Well what to say.According to your posts you are speaking for the whole server.Prime example you doubt mre wouldnt happen without CM and such shit.Who are you to know such things. Ofc they would be still happen...there are more relics then the one in hurbury you know?

So primetime raids would still happen without CM.. Yet somehow CM doing AC raids are the reason that primetime raids arn't happening so you can't attend them. Make up your mind already!

Icebreaker said:
-Ppl aren't interested or find it not fun to raid primetime-

Can it be more stupid? Who are you to think speaking for the whole server??

Please say where I said i'm speaking for the entire server. Your whining because you've never been on a relic defence. Surely if people were interested and found it fun they would of attacked your realm at primetime so you would of been. When you stop contradicting yourself every second sentence then i'll accept you calling me stupid, until then, erm no.

Icebreaker said:
How would you know since albs never tried a proper relic raid?Just the one where they wasn't able to use ram and got owned at the first keep?

Because trying to take a single keep is hard enough. When we tried then we got owned at the first keep you say.. Thanks for making my point for me.

Icebreaker said:
Well overall the rest of your post isn't related to my original post and you therefor not interesting for me. IT's Midsgard choice what they do and attack.

It's actually very relevent to your post. You claim that idiots like CM mean you can't go on a relic defence. Why, when Midgard could quite easily attack your relics. It's midgards choice what they attack, but when CM exercise their choice as to when and what they attack it's suddenly not their choice and you get involved? Albs not attacking you primetime is gay, but it's fine for Mid not to do it. Your not actually making an argument here are you, your just Alb bashing. Why should Mid get a choice what they attack, but albs have to attack what makes you happy?

Icebreaker said:
Btw this is my original post:
I play the Game the Way it is good for the server and not always like i want.....

So you know what is best for the entire server now.. maybe you want to enlighten us as to how we should all suddenly start playing so we can avoid being gay.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
1.So primetime raids would still happen without CM.. Yet somehow CM doing AC raids are the reason that primetime raids arn't happening so you can't attend them. Make up your mind already!

2.Please say where I said i'm speaking for the entire server. Your whining because you've never been on a relic defence. Surely if people were interested and found it fun they would of attacked your realm at primetime so you would of been. When you stop contradicting yourself every second sentence then i'll accept you calling me stupid, until then, erm no.

3.Because trying to take a single keep is hard enough. When we tried then we got owned at the first keep you say.. Thanks for making my point for me.

4.It's actually very relevent to your post. You claim that idiots like CM mean you can't go on a relic defence. Why, when Midgard could quite easily attack your relics. It's midgards choice what they attack, but when CM exercise their choice as to when and what they attack it's suddenly not their choice and you get involved? Albs not attacking you primetime is gay, but it's fine for Mid not to do it. Your not actually making an argument here are you, your just Alb bashing. Why should Mid get a choice what they attack, but albs have to attack what makes you happy?

5.So you know what is best for the entire server now.. maybe you want to enlighten us as to how we should all suddenly start playing so we can avoid being gay.

1. Err i said defences not Raids?CM and friends AC Raids are the reason why i never take part in relic defences.

2. -Your whining because you've never been on a relic defence- see 1 (make up your mind allready.)

-The reason you haven't been on a relic defence is because the people in other realms who play during primetime arn't interested, or find it no fun-(which isn't true anyway)

Here you are speaking for the server

3.Because trying to take a single keep is hard enough. When we tried then we got owned at the first keep you say.. Thanks for making my point for me.

Yea because Albs dont have practice in taking defended keeps and not because of bainshees or shrooms. I mean wtf going there then failing to use the ram and then getting owned outside by hibs is our fault and makes it too hard for you. Yea great.Maybe we should wait a hour until we come to defend to be sure you have figured out how to use the ram?

4. Original Post from me:

I play the Game the Way it is good for the server and not always like i want.Because that would be gay. ^^
So your comment about people playing the game like they want isnt true.

Reply from me to someone:
common sense?

Then you replied to common sense

-If your definition of common sense is "what I want for ME!" then yes your 100% correct.-
Shows you haven't read the whole thing...

And you are saying you are relevant to my post with the CM/Midgard stuff?
Ok M8

5.I know whats better for the server yes.So >I< dont always play like i want. Iam not telling people how they have to play.Yes i whine about ac and cm raids but that doesn't mean they are not allowed to do that.Still i can express my feelings here.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
So primetime raids would still happen without CM.. Yet somehow CM doing AC raids are the reason that primetime raids arn't happening so you can't attend them. Make up your mind already!

Please say where I said i'm speaking for the entire server. Your whining because you've never been on a relic defence. Surely if people were interested and found it fun they would of attacked your realm at primetime so you would of been. When you stop contradicting yourself every second sentence then i'll accept you calling me stupid, until then, erm no.

Wtf are they gonna attack when CM AC´d the relics? The reason he havent been on any relic defense is that the only times the relics has been under attack, is when he and most other people are asleep usually, if you didnt have the fucktards in CM doing AC raids maybe at least the relics held in normal keeps would be under attack during prime time sometimes, but that never happens because take a relic from albion on primetime and its back in albion within 12h.

Interesting poll results btw.

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
think you forgot an option:

I do not care.

Think that one would have gotten the most votes :)

brad

Fledgling Freddie
lol both mids/hibs show that they feel it's wrong to pve relics with a key distinct more votes on that side. Then you got albs that vote that it is right to pve the relics. lolololol.:worthy:

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
lol both mids/hibs show that they feel it's wrong to pve relics with a key distinct more votes on that side. Then you got albs that vote that it is right to pve the relics. lolololol.:worthy:

Looking at the poll results so far you have 42 albs saying yes to PvEing relics and 75 hibs and mids saying no somehow I can't see this as being "Albs" as in the whole population and "Hibs" "Mids" either.
Yet again as with every Poll be it on FH or in the real world its a small number who feel strongly either way and can be bothered to reply who make up the numbers in the overall results.

So out of a total population of around 1500-2000 maybe more you can conclude that 42 Albs replying mean ALL Albs want to PvE relics and 70 odd Mids and Hibs mean all of that population ? ;)

Generalize ftw yet again ;)

I think its probably fair to say the majority of the cluster DON'T want PvE raids how that is made up population wise varies depending on who is logged in which realm I guess seeing as most seem to realm hop alot more these days than in the past,so that Alb your calling a PvEr might actually be a hib or mid the next day and suddenly be ok as their no longer an alb.

Ceraniel

Loyal Freddie
Kinag said:
Without a community there won't be any MMORPG, period.

I agree and tbh people doing latenight raids are not the casual players who are unfamiliar with the boards

Herc

Fledgling Freddie
Well I only said what is really going on in rvr last few months and I see the most of you agree with me mainly lol. But the mistake isnt all ours (alb/mid/hib) Mythic is responsible for this mess because of Cluster. So its easy for some 1 who organizes a hib rr to be the same person to organize it in Mid or Alb and send 2 realms on 1. Its possible isnt?

So I agree with some 1 who said to take relics off the game and give bonuses if u get a keep or something like that. Because with Cluster there is no secret anymore anyway :)

And I say it again its up to us to keep this game going guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom