Nightraids, are they ok?

Do you think it is ok to do relicraids in the middle of the night?

• Im an alb and I think its totally ok to PVE relics

Votes: 57 17.0%
  • Im an alb and I think its wrong to PVE relics

Votes: 36 10.7%
  • Im a mid and I think its totally ok to PVE relics

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • Im a mid and I think its wrong to PVE relics

Votes: 94 28.1%
  • Im a hib and I think its totally ok to PVE relics

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • Im a hib and I think its wrong to PVE relics

Votes: 96 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
This is a potentially very useful poll.

If there are Albs out there that don't like the minority behaviour of the small group of PvErs they could possibly use this poll to show in fact that they are against the behaviour of the few.....

This would be an opportunity to vote and make your own statement so that you can stop being represented by a small gang of PvE'rs.

Up to you guys but the poll can be used to tell them to wise up.

half of my guild doesn`t have a clue what freddies is, how representative do you think anything being said here is for the whole community ? Some who tried FH were so disgusted they swore to never hit the site again.

I have a guild with members from all over europe, one from turkey, one from the US, one from Dubai, one or two from australia / new zealand.

it`s a 24/7 game. There is no `special code of honour` except the one you make for yourself. You can NOT expect someone who just bought a game to follow YOUR code. You can NOT expect people who play a game to surf to unnoficial fansites / boards in the first place and agree with is being said there in the second place.

Can this all prove frustrating ? yes. anything you can do about it except get over and get on with it ? no.

People play the way THEY want, not the way YOU want them to play. If you don`t understand this, you`ll still be crying bloody murder years from now in the next mmorpgh.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:
half of my guild doesn`t have a clue what freddies is, how representative do you think anything being said here is for the whole community ? Some who tried FH were so disgusted they swore to never hit the site again.

I have a guild with members from all over europe, one from turkey, one from the US, one from Dubai, one or two from australia / new zealand.

it`s a 24/7 game. There is no `special code of honour` except the one you make for yourself. You can NOT expect someone who just bought a game to follow YOUR code. You can NOT expect people who play a game to surf to unnoficial fansites / boards in the first place and agree with is being said there in the second place.

Can this all prove frustrating ? yes. anything you can do about it except get over and get on with it ? no.

People play the way THEY want, not the way YOU want them to play. If you don`t understand this, you`ll still be crying bloody murder years from now in the next mmorpgh.

I play the Game the Way it is good for the server and not always like i want.Because that would be gay. ^^
So your comment about people playing the game like they want isnt true.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Septina said:
Biggest pile of shit i've read in a long time. If albs go and take keeps and go for relics in hib mids will take advantage of that and go for the relic(s) albs doesnt go for. Just like any other realm would do when its not in their backyard.

Hibs go for keep/relics in mid frontiers, albs will come there and try and exploit the situation for their personal gain just like any other realm would do. :)

now that is BOLLOX....

if albs hit hib on a RR, mids dont go to hib and start up on them, they go to alb. and attack alb.

albs retreat to defend homelands......thus ending the ab attack on hib.

sure if this had been the case as u state, mids would have attacked hib last nite rather than join the decimation of alb. yes 3 realms but in my book 2 v 1 is always unfair.

so all this bitching about albs doing late night raids is semantics....

i get the opinion that if hib and mid share the same comms chat as was posted in another thread on fh isnt that Xrealming at its best and hence against the CoC......

Mid and Hib cheaters.....and you say we are dishonourable.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
I play the Game the Way it is good for the server and not always like i want.Because that would be gay. ^^
your play style would be gay? rushing up t the enemy and bum rushing them?
m8 u need a real life :p

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
now that is BOLLOX....

if albs hit hib on a RR, mids dont go to hib and start up on them, they go to alb. and attack alb.

No they don't. The problem is Albs never got that far raiding hib or mid to make one realm joining in to grab the second. This happened once at the start of the server and mids came aswell to hib and at the end we lost both relics to alb.And they even took the Alb relic of us at early morning the last relic raid on alb.

Sollac said:
your play style would be gay? rushing up t the enemy and bum rushing them?
m8 u need a real life :p

Yea sure! No really for example i tend to kill anything on sight.Iam allowed to do that because the game rules say i can do that. But i sometimes i don't do that because i know Míd xxx or ALb xxx doesn't want that and it would be the end of the fun they have while fighting an opponent. Same goes for fg's like Llaw who doesn't want adds or certain Alb/Mid Guilds.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
now that is BOLLOX....

albs retreat to defend homelands......thus ending the ab attack on hib.

sure if this had been the case as u state, mids would have attacked hib last nite rather than join the decimation of alb. yes 3 realms but in my book 2 v 1 is always unfair.

so all this bitching about albs doing late night raids is semantics....

i get the opinion that if hib and mid share the same comms chat as was posted in another thread on fh isnt that Xrealming at its best and hence against the CoC......

Mid and Hib cheaters.....and you say we are dishonourable.

If albs could mass up some fairplay over an extended period of time people would stop "teaming up" towards them. There is a reason you know... sigh

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
the poll goes to show nothing.

look at the results 33% of hibs and mids agree with AC raids.
66% of hib /mid disagree but alb has a 50/50 split.

not much in it, just hib and mid (mainly HIB) are more vocal about it...

when mids stop attacking the same realm as hibs IE (WELCOME TO ALBION RVR) then perhaps the LN RR will cease. I dont know....

Hibs did great last night, and with all those hibs in ALB, why did MID have to come play in ALB too... cos they cant do it alone it seems....AS an Alb i would like to say we would have attacke hib, id HIBs started on MID.....

you all cry about balance....2 realms v 1 realm is not balanced. you are victims of your own propaganda.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
No they don't. The problem is Albs never got that far raiding hib or mid to make one realm joining in to grab the second. This happened once at the start of the server and mids came aswell to hib and at the end we lost both relics to alb.And they even took the Alb relic of us at early morning the last relic raid on alb.

Yea sure! No really for example i tend to kill anything on sight.Iam allowed to do that because the game rules say i can do that. But i sometimes i don't do that because i know Míd xxx or ALb xxx doesn't want that and it would be the end of the fun they have while fighting an opponent. Same goes for fg's like Llaw who doesn't want adds or certain Alb/Mid Guilds.

ok

so now u try and justify why u only attack alb.....u said it your self "once".

how many times do we have to put up with the double teaming.

tbh its not the ac raiders that make people want to leave , its the constant assault by 2 realms aginst 1.

again victims of your own propaganda

occy

Loyal Freddie
Shike said:
Well, here goes :)

No need to spam down this thread with alot of opinions and stuff, plenty of threads for it already.

Please try to answer truthfully btw, for those that play two or more realms, choose the alternative you play the most.

Do u find math in school to be very difficult ?

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Luz said:
If albs could mass up some fairplay over an extended period of time people would stop "teaming up" towards them. There is a reason you know... sigh

albs are like a steam train, takes a while to get up to speed but once going hard to stop.

100+ on a ml raid joined after they wheredone....albs then had numbers to defend our frontier.

tell me the reason Lux, perhaps you canshed light on how the 2v1 realm thing is directly linked to me.....is it just cos im an alb?

like saying im a drug dealer because a few on the estate i live on are!!!!

you hibs and mids are too easy to take up arms against alb, try it against each other for a change...we might sit and watch, we may join in or we may attack the undefended realm.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
Muylaetrix said:

well said, seldom post on these boards myself due to the narrow mindedness of the majority that post here, if you dont play our way its wrong! etc etc and if your one of those that dont play the way they do you'll get every irc mongo and his dog jump on you and preach how you suck etc.

Fail to see how someone who can't play at primetime (for the majority) should miss out on trying a keeptake/relic raid, it gives us all something to gossic about the next day anyway lol :> its a mmorg, think people need to start realising this

altho i wasnt part of the early mornign raids I wouldnt call myself biased either as I play all realms...

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
ok

so now u try and justify why u only attack alb.....u said it your self "once".

how many times do we have to put up with the double teaming.

tbh its not the ac raiders that make people want to leave , its the constant assault by 2 realms aginst 1.

again victims of your own propaganda

This wasn't double teaming.Like i said in other posts we had more trouble with mid´s then albs. My group died 7-8 times to mids during the raid.Just because you dont see our deathmessages doesnt mean that we are walking hand in hand to the relic.

And it happened only once because albs never again made a serious attempt on our relics with proper planing or leading.And how would you know what happens if you would do a proper attack primetime since you never do one.I have no doubt this would end in 2-1. Thats normal in a game with 3 Sides.How the fuck should we stop Mids coming aswell?

And about why we attack only Albion. Thats the place where our relic is. (the ac'ed one)And Albs always have been the shitheads so no wonder we allways go for them. Your own fault.

And following your logic with the 2 realms vs one and people declining the game then it would have been a deathbirth because it is that way since the game started.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
albs are like a steam train, takes a while to get up to speed but once going hard to stop.

100+ on a ml raid joined after they wheredone....albs then had numbers to defend our frontier.

tell me the reason Lux, perhaps you canshed light on how the 2v1 realm thing is directly linked to me.....is it just cos im an alb?

like saying im a drug dealer because a few on the estate i live on are!!!!

you hibs and mids are too easy to take up arms against alb, try it against each other for a change...we might sit and watch, we may join in or we may attack the undefended realm.

Last time mid lost thier own relics, both alb+hibs were all over the mid frontier, and had been for days. I didn't see any favours being done for Midgard by either Albion or Hibernia. It really is amazing how selective people's memories can be when they're trying to justify thier actions.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sollac said:
the poll goes to show nothing.

look at the results 33% of hibs and mids agree with AC raids.
66% of hib /mid disagree but alb has a 50/50 split.

not much in it, just hib and mid (mainly HIB) are more vocal about it...

Might look different too if it'd been a few months ago after the Mid AC rkeep raids. You always seem to get a slightly higher percentage defending an action of their realm, and opposing the other realm.

For the record, I voted that AC raids were wrong, as an Alb. I'd have to say. though, that I don't consider them very wrong. Certainly far less wrong than a lot of the rubbish and insults that get posted on this forum, such as the 'all [insert realm] are [insert insult]' posts.

Oh for a community that could avoid petty insulting behaviour and act civilised.

Darzil

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Icebreaker said:

Who defines what is good for the server? Over the last maybe 2 years, the game community has stooped to the chosen few who like to play by an unwritten set of rules. Woe betide anyone who plays outside this leet CoC because they will be flammed to bits on this forum.

The old cliche of I pay, I play is overused these days however it is a natural reaction to those who find these so called codes of honour frustrating at best.

I don't know about the majority and tbtfh I really don't care. When I play these days I try to adhere to some basic rules in RvR. I don't, however, smash my keyboard if someone adds/leeches. I may speak to them in game but will leave it at that.

As far as relics go, I would prefer it if they were removed from the game. Instead of relics let keeps give small bonuses. This, in my view, would make the game far more fluid than it is atm and would negate the idiots who seem to go out of thier way to unbalance it.

I personally dislike these so called alarmclock raids, I would prefer it if they were called Attrition raids as that is what they have become. The old style relic raids were gr8 fun and involved a majority of the community. These days I log on and feel ashamed to be an Alb when I see we have pved keeps/relics overnight thus negating a majority from having a fun fight. However all realms have behaved this way in the past, unfortunately this fact is conveniently forgotten in the haste to flame.

Blame individuals not the enire realm I say. Lets face it, all 3 have their fair share of wankers these days.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
:eek7:

Wait a second here, so yer saying I have made my mind up, but make a poll to justify it? Man, you do know I cant affect the outcome of the poll right? I am just curios to see if there is any difference between the realms, whats so odd with that? :eek6: Dont be so paranoid.

if i'm wrong then i'm sorry, it's just the impression i get that you have your mind set on what results you hope it will be :) that goes for the majority of the polls in the RvR-section, by the way.

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
common sense?

haha pwnd elbeek :kissit:

And before anyone comes back with the clever "who decides whats common sense?", well its called COMMON for a fkn reason, because its... common! :fluffle:

Edit : the poll show half the albs on this forum dont have common sense :(

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Let's see so Hibs and Mids got a relic and they insta fear that they will be "PvE'ed" so they make a thread just after the relic raid to which they can refer to when Albs take the relics back, but above all they want "fair" fights I mean every "irc mongo" preaches on every day about fair fights, just wonder if they notice they shot themselves in the foot :(

Personally I really couldn't care less if the relics get taken at 8pm or at 6am, could reply with they pay as much subs as you so they are allowed to that part of the game but I will just keep at it that I won't dictate people how to play and what they can and cannot do.
If you are so affraid they take the relics when you are in school/work send feedback to GOA and ask them to close the server at 12pm GMT and reopen them when your done with school/work, please post the comment they gave you as I'd love to read it for pure comedy value.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
occy said:
Do u find math in school to be very difficult ?

nope, always had good grades in everything actually. Why?

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Let's see so Hibs and Mids got a relic and they insta fear that they will be "PvE'ed"
I dont think anyone fears it, its more a case of putting the effort so that everyone can get involved and have fun only to find time and again that the small minority spoil it for everyone else.
Think of it like a group building a big sandcastle, everyone involved and at the end wether or not it looks good you have worked together to make it.
But instead of building thier own sandcastle together some people in the another group prefers to knock it down even though most in thier group want to build thier own.
How would you feel if time and time again you find this happening?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:

Muylaetrix,

with due respect your a smart enough guy to realise that what people are trying to do is build a consensus about how they would like to play. You can continue to hold to the view that we are all individuals and cling to the view that every individual can do what he likes. If you do that you miss the fundamental point that MMPORG's are a community thing and explicitly not about individuals.

Why do you think it takes BG's to achieve anything in ToA.

Hibs, Mids and Albs are part of the same community what we are trying to say is that it runs againts community spirit to do things in this way. The consensus is against this kind of behaviour. Now I have not yet seen you or anyone else mount a sustained or reasoned argument against this.

You have apologised for being involved in your later than normal raid although you also tried to justify it at the same time - people disagreed and so we had last nights mass relic event. You can see that until you can build an alternative consensus people will continue to disagree with you.

So what are your arguements? I haven't seen anything other than the lame assed its a 24/7 game.

People who live in other countries could take part in relic raids if we organised them at sociable times that suited. All it takes is a little bit of thought for the others on the server. Now please go ahead and call me l33t?

Instead we have a minority insisting that they can do what they like 24/7 - now tell me who is the selfish one?

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
uspe said:
tbh its balanced question. today as it seemed hibguard pve today albland with only few alb grps against a giant hib zerg
how can we pve in NF during prime time?

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Sharkith said:
If you do that you miss the fundamental point that MMPORG's are a community thing and explicitly not about individuals.

bollocks.

what community? Majority of DAoC are casual players who barely know many people beyond their guild (and maybe their alliance) and what the colours are on the war maps.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Malcolm said:
bollocks.

what community? Majority of DAoC are casual players who barely know many people beyond their guild (and maybe their alliance) and what the colours are on the war maps.

Without a community there won't be any MMORPG, period.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Luz said:
haha pwnd elbeek :kissit:

And before anyone comes back with the clever "who decides whats common sense?", well its called COMMON for a fkn reason, because its... common! :fluffle:

Edit : the poll show half the albs on this forum dont have common sense :(

Do you ever actually read a post before you make yourself look like a ****?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom