nice hibbies

Stormf

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
you are running solo in odins, you are unbuffed and have just gotten raped 50 times that morning. you FINALLY get past hmg, and then you meet your fiercest competitor, your evullest opponent etc etc. say hello to alpha, hes ALWAYS buffed, he is DAMN good, and has every advantage. But for some reason, as you two start fighting, you are coming out on top. He uses ip and ap3, you pray to fucking GOD that his sos is down, he stuns&mezzes you, and uses FA, then he zephyrs you but for SOME reason you still are ontop. Hes now at 50%, you are at 30, but he keeps missing. your both at 25% now, and suddenly you notice his hp dropping 10%, you see an arrow sticking out of him. He drops dead, and you pan around to see 3 lurikeens with bows flipping you the bird.

Tell me now please, would you be happy? would you be satisfied? would this be a GOOD win in your book? no it fucking wouldnt, so chill the fuck out with this "bla blablabla, your group has killed me several times, and you have no right to get pissed off if someone fucks up a fair and good fight of yours"

Arnor, if thats the only fights that make you happy or satisfied you should maybe find another game??

Personally Im happy/satisfied when especially albs are killed nomatter how they die, adds or no adds. Sure a nice 1on1 fight is great but it sure aint givin me wet pants.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Why would he play the game in any other way than how HE thinks it should be played?

ok, so item-stealing, item/money-scamming ppl are np, since they are playing how they want to play?
My point was, that even if everyone pays the same to play, it doesnt mean you should be a fucking bastard and ruin it for everyone else, just because you have fun doing it. (this goes for everyone ofc)

Ok your medieval trip is just a bit too far out, and it's just sad to read.
awww, dat makes me a saad panda :(

How can he be an asshole if he just plays the game as it was intended to be played? The players he adds on can go fight in HW or frontier dungeons if they don't like people who add. What is a fair fight anyway? How can anyone judge when it's a fair fight and when it isn't? Many have tried to add on people and get yelled at, and then later get yelled at because they didn't help against the zerg.
same as the first one, with the addition of "how do you know that zerging/adding is the way its intended to be played?"
With nf, ok. Its pretty apparent that mythic thinks zergs are the best, but pre-nf, ppl still added/zerged with the same arguments.

and please, because HE is playing a style that fucks up the game for some people, they should move? riiight....

Well, newsflash for ya bud', not many soloer's like people like you, who hate "adders"
hmm, so your saying that the adding/leeching soloers dont like me because i dont like them fucking up the way i like to play the game? okamigo

Play another game or go to other hunting grounds... don't blame other people that you don't enjoy the game you play, unless ofc they break rules and act up (in which case you wont find "adding" in the "rules book".. as far as this game originally was designed, there were no such things as adding.. elitists made that word)
so once again, because some ppl are ruining the way i like to play the game, i should play another game?
let me mention a couple of other things that dont break the rules: "stealing artifacts that drop and refusing to random/divide however you agreed upon before joining group/bg"
cheating ppl by making them trust you and then stealing their cash/items etc (ie crafters saying pay me now, ill go get your item in 2mins, then taking the money and logging)

And I hate people who don't like adders... does that make YOU an asshole, or me? Who's right?

Noone is right, its all about different perceptions. Its like you saying that you for instance prefers eating raw raccoons. I dont like raw racoons, i dont think they taste very well. But neither is right or wrong. and aslong as you dont keep comming over to my place and forcing me to eat raw raccoons or your sitting beside me feasting on their flesh, this is NO PROBLEM. If that is how you like to eat them, FINE! as long as you dont force it onto me.

Usually when I play games, I play it to have my own fun.. and it sure looks like YOU have set definitions on what fun is to you.. why is it that "adders" aren't allowed to have their definition of how the game should be played?
goddamnit you are fucking slow in the head. I never _ever_ said that they arent ALLOWED to do it. I just say that I(me, moi, ich etc) dont like it.

If you act like this ingame as well, I'm really not surprised people added on you.. if only just to piss off a poor sod like you.

act like what? actually tell ppl that piss me off why they piss me off? holy crapola, that is rly evull, yep im practically satan aint i?

:kissit: :kissit: :kissit:

thanks for ruining anything you tried to accomplish with your post 5-yr-old-boi.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Stormf said:
Arnor, if thats the only fights that make you happy or satisfied you should maybe find another game??

Personally Im happy/satisfied when especially albs are killed nomatter how they die, adds or no adds. Sure a nice 1on1 fight is great but it sure aint givin me wet pants.

well, that is my choice innit?

but yes, i dont think killing/steamrolling skanky bitches is fun, even if its for midguard!!111 like you apparently do.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Tholus said:
The statement by Arnor and Javlar about adding beeing something "ruining" others games is simply a non sense to me.

There are RULES that restrict how players are not allowed to "ruin" others fun in playing.
You cannot cheat, you cannot steal pulled mob, you cannot use 3rd part sofware....

ALL the rest is allowed and is in the mind and in the opinion of the single payng customer if is "fair" or not.

The concept of "adding" dont even exist in the game rules neither is forbidden in any CoC.

Is only an opinion.
If someone opinion is that a too strong group killing dozen of enemy full groups ruin their game and fun, you forbid the strong group to play?
If someone opinion is that a char is overpowered and ruins other players fun, you forbid people to play it?

If someone opinion is that stupid people ruin all the other player fun, you ban stupids?.... erm.... that could be an idea tbh :)

as i said, artifact stealing, money/item scamming and "camp-stealing"
none of this is disallowed, and according to yours and that other mongos definitions this is a-ok.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
This is where i admit im strange tho arnor cus i dont even always kill ppl i beat i would still be happy cus im an optimist and think well i would have won anyway.)
And about the RL threats, u might have used them to add weight but many take offense at that type of thing:)

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:
And about the RL threats, u might have used them to add weight but many take offense at that type of thing:)

i would seriously be worried for the person who takes a threat like that seriously.

its kinda like saying to someone "touch my sandwhich and you die"

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Arnor said:
i would seriously be worried for the person who takes a threat like that seriously.

And Javlar was banned for using abusive/threatening language... death threats aren't really pleasant for anyone in any situation.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Arnor said:
ok, so item-stealing, item/money-scamming ppl are np, since they are playing how they want to play?
My point was, that even if everyone pays the same to play, it doesnt mean you should be a fucking bastard and ruin it for everyone else, just because you have fun doing it. (this goes for everyone ofc)

Ran out of points concerning "fair fights & teh ewul adders" and now you wanna discuss itemstealing and scamming? Your point is that even tho everyone plays the same game and shouldn't be fat bastards against each others, you still have the right to tell people to go somewhere else when they're adding on your "fair fights" or how does it work excactly?

Arnor said:
same as the first one, with the addition of "how do you know that zerging/adding is the way its intended to be played?"
With nf, ok. Its pretty apparent that mythic thinks zergs are the best, but pre-nf, ppl still added/zerged with the same arguments.

If you read what I posted, you'd understand (well maybe not, but still) that my point is: there's no correct way of playing the game.. no zerging/adding/fair fights.. just realm vs realm in any shape it takes.

Arnor said:
and please, because HE is playing a style that fucks up the game for some people, they should move? riiight....

Well, if you can't play without pissing your pants when somebody "adds" on your fights, playing how they like it, then yea, maybe you aren't fit to play here.

Arnor said:
so once again, because some ppl are ruining the way i like to play the game, i should play another game?

You got it!! Bravo! Pff get over it... who says you aren't ruining THEIR way of playing the game.. There is no correct way of playing (like I said), thus they can't really ruin the way you like to play it... it's because you let them ruin your game experience because you have this specific view upon how the game should be played. Don't blame the others, but blame yourself for being so conservative.

Arnor said:
let me mention a couple of other things that dont break the rules: "stealing artifacts that drop and refusing to random/divide however you agreed upon before joining group/bg"
cheating ppl by making them trust you and then stealing their cash/items etc (ie crafters saying pay me now, ill go get your item in 2mins, then taking the money and logging)
Ok let's take the item/scamming discussion now that you seem to be wanting it so badly.
It's not breaking rules to:
A) "steal" artis/drops
B) "stealing" cash/items from trades etc

Because:
A) You agreed to make him treasurer/there are no rules saying you have to lotto for items. It's a concept made up by players in the name of ingame fairness. Developers put in a gadget so we wont have to sit with RL dice and type in what we get, but it's only optional. It has the autosplit feature which randomly divides loot when picked up, and once an item is in your inventory, theoretically it's yours. It may cost your reputation, but thats your choice what to do.

B) Because in the first situation, you GIVE him the money and in exchange he will craft for ya, but once you hit the "accept" button, the money aint yours anymore. Same applies for item scamming, in transfer situations etc. If you wanna transfer, do it with someone you trust if you don't wanna get burned.

Do you understand?

Arnor said:
Noone is right, its all about different perceptions. Its like you saying that you for instance prefers eating raw raccoons. I dont like raw racoons, i dont think they taste very well. But neither is right or wrong. and aslong as you dont keep comming over to my place and forcing me to eat raw raccoons or your sitting beside me feasting on their flesh, this is NO PROBLEM. If that is how you like to eat them, FINE! as long as you dont force it onto me.

Goodie... now keep your mouth shut when I join in on the fights you're in and let me have my opinion of how to do RvR, instead of yelling "FO!!!11!!1" etc.. I'm sure you get the point.

Arnor said:
goddamnit you are fucking slow in the head. I never _ever_ said that they arent ALLOWED to do it. I just say that I(me, moi, ich etc) dont like it.

But still you tell them to fuck off when they add on the fights you participate in. Okies... read the point above ok?

Tried to be as clear as possible, but computer crashed first time I replied, so maybe I missed some points I wanted to begin with. I'll elaborate if you're too daft to understand.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Ran out of points concerning "fair fights & teh ewul adders" and now you wanna discuss itemstealing and scamming? Your point is that even tho everyone plays the same game and shouldn't be fat bastards against each others, you still have the right to tell people to go somewhere else when they're adding on your "fair fights" or how does it work excactly?

yes, as SHOCKING as it may seem, I am entitled to voice my opinion about your playstyle, just as you have the same right about my playstyle.

If you read what I posted, you'd understand (well maybe not, but still) that my point is: there's no correct way of playing the game.. no zerging/adding/fair fights.. just realm vs realm in any shape it takes.

yes, have i said that my way is the only right way?

Well, if you can't play without pissing your pants when somebody "adds" on your fights, playing how they like it, then yea, maybe you aren't fit to play here.

it pisses me off, i can still play with it

You got it!! Bravo! Pff get over it... who says you aren't ruining THEIR way of playing the game.. There is no correct way of playing (like I said), thus they can't really ruin the way you like to play it... it's because you let them ruin your game experience because you have this specific view upon how the game should be played. Don't blame the others, but blame yourself for being so conservative.
lol, conservative?

Ok let's take the item/scamming discussion now that you seem to be wanting it so badly.
It's not breaking rules to:
A) "steal" artis/drops
B) "stealing" cash/items from trades etc

Because:
A) You agreed to make him treasurer/there are no rules saying you have to lotto for items. It's a concept made up by players in the name of ingame fairness. Developers put in a gadget so we wont have to sit with RL dice and type in what we get, but it's only optional. It has the autosplit feature which randomly divides loot when picked up, and once an item is in your inventory, theoretically it's yours. It may cost your reputation, but thats your choice what to do.

B) Because in the first situation, you GIVE him the money and in exchange he will craft for ya, but once you hit the "accept" button, the money aint yours anymore. Same applies for item scamming, in transfer situations etc. If you wanna transfer, do it with someone you trust if you don't wanna get burned.

Do you understand?

its still legal, lame behavior. just like i feel how adding/leeching good/fair fights.

Goodie... now keep your mouth shut when I join in on the fights you're in and let me have my opinion of how to do RvR, instead of yelling "FO!!!11!!1" etc.. I'm sure you get the point.

lol, you think im not gonna get pissed when you add in the future? ye ok.

But still you tell them to fuck off when they add on the fights you participate in. Okies... read the point above ok?

voicing my opinion etc

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
why would you want to add on someone elses fight anyway?

what do you actually gain from "helping" a person who doesnt need your "help"

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Arnor said:

actully... people have died from that thread :<

Nausilus^^ said:
And Javlar was banned for using abusive/threatening language... death threats aren't really pleasant for anyone in any situation.

was it personal or general threats? i mean... did he say: "Nausilus you fucking adding bitch, ill come irl and rip your guts out ffs!" or "i hope people who adds choke :<"
anyway - hope is not threating? nor is wish? if i say "i wish you'd choke" im not saying "choke ffs n00b" im merely implying what i want for chrismas ><

Kiiz

Fledgling Freddie
damn!

this was alot to read.. i didnt bother to read all but i say gg hibs.. kill eachother!! lets all make a campfire in emain.. sit down and invite GoL to come kill us while we shout "camped" "retard" "adding newbs" to eachother =).. only then are we happy.. cause we all know, beeing a big mouth, givfs PR. And Pr leads to leet guilds, and who doesnt want a leet guild..
I understood Didyoufeel's surname now, AllBecameLeetPlayers...

GOA do /restGame4tw

Save our minds..

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
omg...this thread makes me wanna suicide >.<

cuz I now feel that if I accidentally run in on a fight between AMG-MMG and the ppl in my grp start attacking that I'm doing something veeerrrryyyyy bad >.<

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
You people need to relax a little...lol.
Funny shit to read tho :)

Reitus

Fledgling Freddie
Go Arnor, way to get your point across man.

Never give in!!

p.s ...I don't know wth you're all talking about, i'm still in Thid ^^

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Uhmm .. Game is realm vs realm .. And stop the QQ´ing please!! :D
Just play, and be happy! Roll a luwi maybe?

Couldnt help my self :D

Wert

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, enough of your "adding" crap - why is that any different from when a fg ganks a grey? or a fg of rr10 "leet" people gank a fg of greys? all this adding crap is BS - ok a guy adds , AND? big whoop de doo - all you people complaining of adding sound like pre schoolers - live with it or **** off tbh. Ok, a fg kills 2 guys that you were killing , and? so? what you gonna do about it? how about you wait for another grp and you kill them? If you don't like they way people add then you obviously don't support REALM VERSES REALM. Unless the meaning of those words has mysteriously changed? No where does it say you can't add, you can't camp blah blah blah. It may not be the funnest way, but tbh, RvR is about helping your fellow team mates, not yelling at them when they do decide to help. How about a keep raid - omg a stray grp of hibs added on my keep raid - pathetic. Either support or realm or leave it.

Kiiz

Fledgling Freddie
Wert said:
If you don't like they way people add then you obviously don't support REALM VERSES REALM.

Called realm Versus realm =9 just had to point that out =9 i feel this prev. post will givf replys =) w00000t!!

vintervargen

Banned
i had the intention of writing a really good and understanding post about the different aspects of casual/hardcore player rvr, adding/fg vs fg mentalities and so on.

but really, play like you want, and generally think before you do something.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
would really love to know where you people read your info from to say, MMORPG means a free for all battle Royal and RvR means All vs All

RvR: Do you see any numbers next to these 3 letters? No, this means there is no restriction on how many people can fight for the realm against the other realm -

ALSO PLEASE NOTE: this also means you do not have too zerg just because its "Realm vs Realm", just like PvP doesnt have to be 1vs1.

MMORPG: Masive Multiplayer online Role playing game, as much as you'd like to think that means Realm vs Realm epic battles, it doesnt have too if you dont want it to be, as said on page 2 ... dont start shouting 'IF YOU DONT LIKE ZERGS DONT PLAY MMORPGs' to that i have to say this .... if you're going to be selective about what is and isnt roleplay then dont go shouting your mouth off against alternative ways of playing.

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
Javlar said:
Cant be sure but i think was the one shouting retards.

The deal was this: We ran into a fg of mids (or albs cant remember) and i think we had killed 5 or 6 of them and out of nowhere comes captain corageous and his merry rr2 men dashing in to get some rps from the remainder of the fg.

And since me calling them retards i guess it had some effect since it made you come here and post about it.

You are correct on the part that mythic is a bunch of wanking alb zergers who sees this as a roleplay-game where eliteness is not tolerated. Cba to go through it all but they sure as hell are making the game suck for hardcore players who like fg fights.

I agree with arnor on everything he says.

What you have to understand Behmoth is that there are different viewpoints on every situation and every aspect of the game. I dont like anyone who adds, its like leading a soccergame with 1-0 in a really tight match and then when 2 minutes remains in comes 11 more guys taking the ball from you, scoring 2-0.

Im sure your reply to this is: well soccer is a 11vs11 game, daoc is a 1000vs1000vs1000 game. Yes well until NF arrives can you just let the people who only appreciates 8vs8 have their last fun and after that you can just zerg away all you want.

And by the way, wasnt it your guild who yelled "Stop ruining our guildevent" while camping mmg-room?

LOL this guy makes me laugh they way he makes things up as he goes along.
1st was a mid/alb ran our way we ran after him killed him no we didn't know there was a fg Vs fg going on.
2nd no i didn't shout your spoiling our guild event at mmg just trying to justify himself with that one as we got to mmg was taking on some mids and they just ran straight through and attacked( have the video of the battle if u like). you see we go to frontiers to fight the enemy if you play it different thats up to u. forgot cos you are LA u super elite and u can do what ever you like.
3rd have been playing the game over 2 years and i don't think anyone in our grp was less than RR4 so screw you asshole( think this was another I AM LA YOU WILL BOW DOWN BEFORE NOOB HIBERNIANS)

Tio McShire

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure your reply to this is: well soccer is a 11vs11 game, daoc is a 1000vs1000vs1000 game. Yes well until NF arrives can you just let the people who only appreciates 8vs8 have their last fun and after that you can just zerg away all you want.

oh this cheered me up .... have you actually ever played soccer except on a console?

:worthy:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
LOL, amazing read :). Made my day at work!

Once upon a time, a nice elven ranger, completely dissatisfied by the zerg that takes place in the usual spots, decided to pack up and head over to a virgin land where only few people roam. This land is called forest sauvage. After spending hours there and having completely exhausted all conversation points with his guild-mates, he saw an enemy adventurer closing in. Without much thought, he hooked up an arrow and fired upon the unsuspecting opponent. Alas, only to realise that the opponent is one well respected mid Thane (Agromin) who apparently had the same thoughts as our ranger. He immediately broke combat and started waving. He promptly received the same level of respect and both went on their separate ways that life carved out for them.

Some time later, he noticed an enemy paladin fighting with the Thane. Our ranger closed in to get a better look at the epic fight that was being drawn in front of him. The enemy swords were fiercely slashing at each other, unnatural forces were being unleashed and at the end the Thane was left dead on the ground. The ranger unstealthed to pay his respects, but unfortunately by some misunderstanding was attacked by the paladin who probably saw him as a potential threat and/or easy pray. The ranger got surprised but not worried as his extraordinary abilities were available and the paladin was not in full health. He tried to disengage but as the paladin obviously wanted to continue battling he saw that there was no option than fight. Another battle started in the lonely forest sauvage only to be broken by a mid Rune-master that came in and killed both combatants!!!

I was so pissed off that day. However this is the nature of the game. My decision on not to attack neither Agromin nor the pala was something personal, out of the game’s rules. If I wanted, I could have killed both of them with only a couple of shots and maybe some melee finishing. Still though, many times especially in Mile Gates I will add on fights. The reasoning behind this is that forest sauvage and a couple of other areas are places for uninterrupted fights, while you can’t seriously expect to have one of those at Odin’s gate or Emain!

I was fool enough once to attach an rr6 paladin at amg Odin’s, and when I had him at 10%, I was attacked by an rr2 infi! The fault was mine. The infi only played as the game dictates, kill all enemies.

Anyway, just bored at work amt :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Wert said:
Ok, enough of your "adding" crap - why is that any different from when a fg ganks a grey? or a fg of rr10 "leet" people gank a fg of greys? all this adding crap is BS - ok a guy adds , AND? big whoop de doo - all you people complaining of adding sound like pre schoolers - live with it or **** off tbh. Ok, a fg kills 2 guys that you were killing , and? so? what you gonna do about it? how about you wait for another grp and you kill them? If you don't like they way people add then you obviously don't support REALM VERSES REALM. Unless the meaning of those words has mysteriously changed? No where does it say you can't add, you can't camp blah blah blah. It may not be the funnest way, but tbh, RvR is about helping your fellow team mates, not yelling at them when they do decide to help. How about a keep raid - omg a stray grp of hibs added on my keep raid - pathetic. Either support or realm or leave it.

really... dont think any ever said that it's illigal to add... when does people understand it. No. The only thing they have spoken of was they see on idea in adding on fair fights, or adding in general (on your own realm, or on enemy realm vs enemy realm) and as nukkid said, rvr is not ZergvsZerg as you obviously think? OR! they could be roleplaying l33t warriors who did not want their reputation to be spoiled by young fighters who wanted they named to be spread?

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
could really use that 'banging my head against a brick wall' smiley right about now!

Tairirion

Fledgling Freddie
Arnor said:
[...blablablabla]

Javlar said:
[...blabla]

Really hehe... There's nothing really worth to comment what you two wrote here. I'm just gonna agree with all Behemoth has written.
At least it was a good laugh seeing how "1337" some people have become over the past 2ish years and how DAoC sucked out the brain from some people :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom