nice hibbies

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I have only ever had one problem with realm mates "adding" and thats when they screw up your CC (usually some fookin chanter or mana menty usin weak aoe or gimp tank hitting the healer your trying to keep mezzed) and get you all killed.

Add, help, fight....do whatever you want imo, just dont help the enemy.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Amelyn said:
Arnor has some points. As much as they "destroy" your prefered playstyle you "destroy" theirs. I don't believe there is a "right-way" to play this game when it comes to PvP, yet.
But as u say tho, NF looks like its intended to be about larger battles :m00:

It just happens, people add on fg vs fg fights (btw at what point do you, as an onlooker decide "hey there are 8 vs 8 but it's fair/unfair"), fg's add on 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 1 vs 3, whatever, no need to start yelling retard when 99% of the time the same people who get so arsed off with people adding are quite likely to speed in and fuck up someone elses fight, simplest solution? Get over it, with hundreds of people playing in a zone where there are only a few basic rules can the attitudes and just fight.

I like 1 vs 1, if I get it I think great, unblemished loss/win, if not then no big deal, it's not so much how people like to play the game as having the maturity to deal with other players who are basically on your side, sure people pay to play but rudeness and selfishness diminishes far more than it adds to the game.

People should try just living with the adding (without ascribing any motive to the adder/s) because the good fights happen often enough and you really do make yourself look thick as a plank when you start /yellling abuse over it.

My 2c's worth ;)

Elwizardo

Fledgling Freddie
Play as you like. You are paying for the game as anyone else. besides, many times hestitation is a luxury one does not have in RvR. If you start holding back at the beginnings of fights, (searching for other hibs in the area, etc) you are doomed. Stupid to die cos of a mistake like that.

If ppl call you retard/noob, dont care. They are not the kind of ppl needed to be taken seriously.

Sharpo

Fledgling Freddie
Boann said:
Heh...

Stealing mobs, stealing artifact encounters, stealing items, stealing RPs, stealing this, stealing that...
124.gif

Liberté, égalité, fraternité.
Freedom, equality, brotherhood.
and you wonder why the french never won a war

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
Lol....tell me 1 hibguild that wouldn't add on a fg/fg fight (or fg vs the zerg for that matter).. think I've seen that 2-3 times in total since I started playing this game. "Gank"-groups are as strong leechers as any randomgroup. To expect others not to add while the still add like crazy is just retarded.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Whenever im leading a group I wont add on a fight unless asked or its pretty obvious they need help. There is plenty of albs around to get some rp's.

I stop group at a small distance and keep gaurd for other realms adding. Remember we are not Albs! There is a lot of satisfaction from winning a good well balanced fight.

Either way it all changes soon NF will drastically change everything for better or worse.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Arnor said:
no, you play the game how YOU think it should be played, ie "FOR HIBURNIA!! SLAY THOSE EVUL MIDGUARDIANS AND ALBIONES SO WE CAN CRAFT IN PEACE!!!"
MMORPG = Massively multiplayer online roleplaying game, i.e. several people playing the game multiplayer; several people playing same game simultaniously; several people playing at the same time etc etc. Why would he play the game in any other way than how HE thinks it should be played? Also, why do you post useless shit like "blabla can craft in peace".. did he say that he wanted to kill mids/albs to be able to craft?

Arnor said:
and in that statement, you ofc include "i shalt also fucketh upeth everyeth faireth fighteth so its no funneth for thoseth i addeth uponeth"
Ok your medieval trip is just a bit too far out, and it's just sad to read.

Arnor said:
and just for your info, when you add on someone that (OMFGLOLO) prefers a fair fight. You are ruining how they like to play the game, hence you are the asshole.
How can he be an asshole if he just plays the game as it was intended to be played? The players he adds on can go fight in HW or frontier dungeons if they don't like people who add. What is a fair fight anyway? How can anyone judge when it's a fair fight and when it isn't? Many have tried to add on people and get yelled at, and then later get yelled at because they didn't help against the zerg.

Arnor said:
Personally, i HATE adders/leechers. I wish they didnt exist in the game, because as easy as hib is (or was when i was active)
Well, newsflash for ya bud', not many soloer's like people like you, who hate "adders"
Arnor said:
it was hard enough to get a fair fight as a fg, having 2-3-4 adding mongos dont exactly help on my "fun factor".
Play another game or go to other hunting grounds... don't blame other people that you don't enjoy the game you play, unless ofc they break rules and act up (in which case you wont find "adding" in the "rules book".. as far as this game originally was designed, there were no such things as adding.. elitists made that word)

Arnor said:
But i dont whine about it, since 99% of everyone in rvr adds at any chance, there is just no point of making a deal out of it. Just fills my hump of hate till i unleash it all on some unlucky ****.
And I hate people who don't like adders... does that make YOU an asshole, or me? Who's right?

Arnor said:
But you also manage to get insulted and think that the ones you add on, THEY are fucking up the way YOU prefer your game.
I got a little newsflash for you too:
YOU ARE FUCKING UP THE WAY THEY PREFER TO PLAY THEIR GAME.
Usually when I play games, I play it to have my own fun.. and it sure looks like YOU have set definitions on what fun is to you.. why is it that "adders" aren't allowed to have their definition of how the game should be played?

Arnor said:
that is all, hope you choke on your lunch :x
Not even worth to comment

If you act like this ingame as well, I'm really not surprised people added on you.. if only just to piss off a poor sod like you.

:kissit: :kissit: :kissit:

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Tholus said:
And , honestly, I simply laugh in the face of those leet guys who talk about "fair" fight and who consider a "fair" fight 8RR10 vs 8warders.
"Zerg", "add".... my suggestion, just ignore them and play the game you want.

feel free to add on any fights of mine against 8 warders, thats steamrolling anywhoo so that dont matter. Its when ppl add on fair, even and hard fights vs other gg's i get pissed off.
example, a little before or after 1.65. After running with the same ppl constantly for 5hrs straight, getting chain-raped by JH every single time we met them, we FINALLY meet them at breif border and after 7mins of playing and being 110% focused and stressed as fuck, we beat them. No adds, no guards no bs. Just straight up victory.
THAT was the second or third most satisfying victories I've had in any online game tbh, and I would have seriously come to your place and strangled you with your TP cable if you(or anyone else) would have added on that fight.

that is what sucks about adding, and that is why i dont mind adding or being added while fighting crap opponents.

Yes everyone pays the same to play, but im sure as hell still gonna get pissed off if anyone fuck up a fair/good fight just because they either want 50rp or because they are defending against the EVUL ENEMIAS OF TEH REALMM!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz im sorry arnor but stop all the hypocritical bullshit, I remeber a time just before u came hib when u was in 1 of your FG vs FG fighs and i stood faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar back and sat to show i wasnt adding,Your fg mids won /stuck up and ran straigh over to me and killed me sat down.
That is just 1 of 100000000000000000000000 times these so called WE ONLY WANT FAIR FIGHTS fgs have ganked me.
So bottom line maybe when u all stop being hypocrits ppl will listen to you.

P.S threatening and wishing ppl dead irl isnt funny just makes u soumd like a 1337 idiot im sorry

xRedfieldx

Fledgling Freddie
Tali u are da man :)

p.s - arnor tell the guards to stop adding on me then. It seems only hib has this problem where they cant/wont fight with their realm, they wanna do it all alone and show how uber you are. Your in for a big big shock in NF lol, and yes i do know what im on about i just came back from playing it for 4 months.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
MMORPG= Massive Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game

are you guys selective roleplayers or something?... "yea, we'll do the big battle shit dudez0r, but fuck learning to speak firb0lg"

MMORPG, not MMORvRRPG

that doesnt mean we have to live in each others pockets and zerg everything, it just means we are surrounded by alot of other people, not everyone likes to zerg, and not everyone likes to go fg vs fg.

This stuff about GoA not wanting us to run FG vs FG is BS, they dont care how we play as long as we pay the subscription. If they _really_ wanted us to zerg, surely they would make it so the server could handle it? what are you gonna tell me ... "o when they say we should zerg they mean no more then 8fgs vs 8fgs" thats crap. no where does GoA say how many groups its safe to run as without the server crashing, Yes they turn the game to make it so we zerg, like in NF, but that doesnt by any means suggest you should take it upon yourself to interfear with people at odins soloing ..... if a person wanted help, they would be grouped with you. if you wish to zerg, go to emain.

Javlar

Fledgling Freddie
Behmoth said:
ARNOR GET A GRIP ITS A MMORPG which means a lot of people play the game its obvios that mythic have not intended it to become a fg Vs fg by the way nf has been presented.

ok we added by mistake and got called a few names so why did they add on our fight? mmmmm? reeetardsssss !

Cant be sure but i think was the one shouting retards.

The deal was this: We ran into a fg of mids (or albs cant remember) and i think we had killed 5 or 6 of them and out of nowhere comes captain corageous and his merry rr2 men dashing in to get some rps from the remainder of the fg.

And since me calling them retards i guess it had some effect since it made you come here and post about it.

You are correct on the part that mythic is a bunch of wanking alb zergers who sees this as a roleplay-game where eliteness is not tolerated. Cba to go through it all but they sure as hell are making the game suck for hardcore players who like fg fights.

I agree with arnor on everything he says.

What you have to understand Behmoth is that there are different viewpoints on every situation and every aspect of the game. I dont like anyone who adds, its like leading a soccergame with 1-0 in a really tight match and then when 2 minutes remains in comes 11 more guys taking the ball from you, scoring 2-0.

Im sure your reply to this is: well soccer is a 11vs11 game, daoc is a 1000vs1000vs1000 game. Yes well until NF arrives can you just let the people who only appreciates 8vs8 have their last fun and after that you can just zerg away all you want.

And by the way, wasnt it your guild who yelled "Stop ruining our guildevent" while camping mmg-room?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Javlar said:
As some before me, that this is a mmorpg.. there is no correct way to play it. So dont get fucking pissed if someone has another viewpoint than you do. And foremost dont go telling people how the game is meant to be played

so its ok to add then?

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Talivar said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz im sorry arnor but stop all the hypocritical bullshit, I remeber a time just before u came hib when u was in 1 of your FG vs FG fighs and i stood faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar back and sat to show i wasnt adding,Your fg mids won /stuck up and ran straigh over to me and killed me sat down.
That is just 1 of 100000000000000000000000 times these so called WE ONLY WANT FAIR FIGHTS fgs have ganked me.

P.S threatening and wishing ppl dead irl isnt funny just makes u soumd like a 1337 idiot im sorry

who said they only wanted fair fights? so they should just let the fg of warders kill them when they meet? no? i didn't think so... What people wanted from the adders is to stop adding on fair fights (i dont mind zergs as long as all parts zergs and just not one, but i really prefer FGvFG fights)

Still... no one answered my question about wheres the fun in adding?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Why dont u asnwer mine then wheres the fun in a fg killing solo ppl?

Tholus

Fledgling Freddie
The statement by Arnor and Javlar about adding beeing something "ruining" others games is simply a non sense to me.

There are RULES that restrict how players are not allowed to "ruin" others fun in playing.
You cannot cheat, you cannot steal pulled mob, you cannot use 3rd part sofware....

ALL the rest is allowed and is in the mind and in the opinion of the single payng customer if is "fair" or not.

The concept of "adding" dont even exist in the game rules neither is forbidden in any CoC.

Is only an opinion.
If someone opinion is that a too strong group killing dozen of enemy full groups ruin their game and fun, you forbid the strong group to play?
If someone opinion is that a char is overpowered and ruins other players fun, you forbid people to play it?

If someone opinion is that stupid people ruin all the other player fun, you ban stupids?.... erm.... that could be an idea tbh :)

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
tbh...it IS all about the RPs...otherwise the rr9-rr10 grps wouldn't think they're the best of the whole server and that some 'unknown' guild can't handle anything, so imo, if you can get RPs, get em, and about the ppl calling you a retard for adding on a fight, report them for lack of respect towards other players, it's in the CoC ;o

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
Javlar said:
And by the way, wasnt it your guild who yelled "Stop ruining our guildevent" while camping mmg-room?

afaik that wasn't their guild, and afaik it wasn't a whole guild
it was 2 players (including me) yelling that, cuz Lorfo (and his grp ofc, but they didn't really do anything wrong) barged in and started bitching the others around..and yes, I was one of the ppl that was in the room being in that guild event, I have apologized to the ppl of who I could recover the names, but I guess I missed yours

the other person just got pissed cuz there just happened to much shit, you know, kill 1 FG of albs, then there's 10 FG steamrolling over you, etc etc, then you finally have ~2FG's mids on one side of mmg, ~2FG's albs on the other side of MMG, ~2.5FG of hibs in the room (wich have been camping AMG and MMG room for 2h+) and there comes Lorfo: GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE WINDOWS AND DOORS (times 500), so I and the other person just lost it...and started to say crap wich wasn't true, I have apologized about it, and it got sorted, but the other person just logged cuz he was to pissed to play some more, in some way Lorfo ruined his fun by spamming (he ruined my fun aswell cuz the ppl from the grps disbanded, once we died we had 4 ppl left)^^

oh well, one person likes this, the other likes that...

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Talivar said:
Why dont u asnwer mine then wheres the fun in a fg killing solo ppl?

Not much but you gotta salute the guys who can still take one or two people in that fg down before eating dirt themselves!

IMO a fg attacking that guy and leaving him with that warm glowy feeling is doing him a favour, how else could they feel so smug? :p

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
The immaturity level of some of the people that post within this forum is what makes it worth reading at times.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Javlar said:
Cant be sure but i think was the one shouting retards.

What you have to understand Behmoth is that there are different viewpoints on every situation and every aspect of the game. I dont like anyone who adds, its like leading a soccergame with 1-0 in a really tight match and then when 2 minutes remains in comes 11 more guys taking the ball from you, scoring 2-0.

um if u were 1-0 up and the came and scored 2 goals wouldnt it be 2-1 not
2-0 lol

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Talivar said:

lol, so what?

so im directly responsible for whatever a group im in does? I can do NOTHING except telling them not to kill you, which i do EVERY SINGLE TIME we are in odins and i know you are there.

fg's kill soloers, i VERY rarely do, except solo stealthers, since they add _alot_

and me threatening to kill ppl, jesus christ chill out. Do you think i mean it? I said it to add more weigth to my statement that i'd be "very upset" if someone had added on that specific fight, christ.

talivar. seriously. relax.

i know you are bitter as fuck about everyone that keeps steamrolling you all the time, but fucks sake, when have i EVER hit you or tried to do ANYTHING that seemed like "go get him guys, he's 250rps!!" when i was in a fg and you(or other "honorable" soloers were out?

and one example.

you are running solo in odins, you are unbuffed and have just gotten raped 50 times that morning. you FINALLY get past hmg, and then you meet your fiercest competitor, your evullest opponent etc etc. say hello to alpha, hes ALWAYS buffed, he is DAMN good, and has every advantage. But for some reason, as you two start fighting, you are coming out on top. He uses ip and ap3, you pray to fucking GOD that his sos is down, he stuns&mezzes you, and uses FA, then he zephyrs you but for SOME reason you still are ontop. Hes now at 50%, you are at 30, but he keeps missing. your both at 25% now, and suddenly you notice his hp dropping 10%, you see an arrow sticking out of him. He drops dead, and you pan around to see 3 lurikeens with bows flipping you the bird.

Tell me now please, would you be happy? would you be satisfied? would this be a GOOD win in your book? no it fucking wouldnt, so chill the fuck out with this "bla blablabla, your group has killed me several times, and you have no right to get pissed off if someone fucks up a fair and good fight of yours"

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Arnor said:
you are running solo in odins, you are unbuffed and have just gotten raped 50 times that morning. you FINALLY get past hmg, and then you meet your fiercest competitor, your evullest opponent etc etc. say hello to alpha, hes ALWAYS buffed, he is DAMN good, and has every advantage. But for some reason, as you two start fighting, you are coming out on top. He uses ip and ap3, you pray to fucking GOD that his sos is down, he stuns&mezzes you, and uses FA, then he zephyrs you but for SOME reason you still are ontop. Hes now at 50%, you are at 30, but he keeps missing. your both at 25% now, and suddenly you notice his hp dropping 10%, you see an arrow sticking out of him. He drops dead, and you pan around to see 3 lurikeens with bows flipping you the bird.

thats the story im gonna tell my grandchildren when i get some \o/ thats a classic now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom