NF the end of prydwen and fg rvr.

Miff

Fledgling Freddie
No way to fg vs fg rvr in this expansion from hell. I am already so boored of this expansion.It´s now all about zerg or get zerged or roam and find nothing.

Theres no way in hell prydwen will survive this massive expansion due to its population , areas are just to big and players will get so boored. Im certain people will find a choke point like DC bridge but then it will be zerg there and completely empty everywhere else.
And before you reply "its so fun in NF i can roleplay my ass of now with my unwanted class" ask yourself if you ever experienced competive daoc ? If not dont bother cause I know this expansion probably is very fun for people who dont want a competitive daoc, I on the other hand love FG vs FG with similiar minded people.

Bring back the good ol days , lets all join Italian servers and play daoc the way its suppose to be pre TOA and NF.

Botond

Fledgling Freddie
rvr=realm vs realm and fyi each realm has more player then a fg so such thing as "fg vs fg rvr" is impossible :fluffle: its either fg vs fg or realm vs realm :touch:

Miff

Fledgling Freddie
Jesus christ took 2 minutes and 38 seconds to get a " RVR stand for realm vs realm " you know what ? FG stands fo full group and in my group window its not 5000 spots so i could invite my whole realm , theres actually 8 spots . Well on prydwen 8 spots is about the whole realm, you get the point atleast.

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
I gotta admit I don't know much at all about NF, but if there's a choke point like DC bridge, where alot people meet and zerg, they still gotta get there somehow I suppose, so roaming groups might still have change?

Miff

Fledgling Freddie
Belorfyn said:
I gotta admit I don't know much at all about NF, but if there's a choke point like DC bridge, where alot people meet and zerg, they still gotta get there somehow I suppose, so roaming groups might still have change?

yeah you port there and is back within 2 minutes of your death. A fg cant roam the way to the bridge cause you will have 80% of albion on yer ass roamign there since theres a constant flow of players moving to choke points.

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
with nf this game has become everything i hated about it

- classes, ra's etc optimised for zerging
- actionmaps for enhanced adding with a zerg on a zerg
- "hi let's make tanks useless again" , mythic can't seem to make and tanks and casters viable at the same time

good thing i dont play anymore

Miff

Fledgling Freddie
klavrynd said:
with nf this game has become everything i hated about it

- classes, ra's etc optimised for zerging
- actionmaps for enhanced adding with a zerg on a zerg
- "hi let's make tanks useless again" , mythic can't seem to make and tanks and casters viable at the same time

good thing i dont play anymore

I agree , but credits to mythic programmers they actually made RVR the rear meaning of the words. To bad the game for many people developed into fg vs fg which they succeded in screwing up the way they screwed up tanks.

Miff

Fledgling Freddie
Stop killing my level 36+ chars then on camlann green to level 50 is hard :twak:

AngeLujo

Fledgling Freddie
The worst thing i think that there will be no place to roam.. as u can't get to one place from another without goin close to a keep. At least if u had to run all the way up to emain/hw/odin/whereever u wanna go it'd have a chance, but with this porting stuffs ppl will port to a keep nearest to the "old" main rvr zones and run only that short way to it. I hope prydwen won't get such impossible numbers in one zone as Gorre has. Went alb to try a reaver, i made a /who emain, it showed 250+ ppl. I logged off, went back to hib, made a /who emain there too, it was 180+. didn't try mid but if they were about that number too, there were 600+ ppl in _one_ damn zone which kinda suxx imo :/

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Daoc, the game with one zone and four selectable classes per realm xD

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
imo go back to pre toa and pre SI days when there wasnt people just wanting leet fg v fg fights and people actually just played each other how they wanted and not getting moaned at or insulted cos they liked playing rvr or solo or wotever.

<hugs mystikstew lvl32 rr4 summon sm roaming yggdra and odin's at few few months of retail>

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
some of the best fights i personaly have had have been 4 fg v 4fg v 4fg in old fronters.... NF just brings this more, and 1.72 nerfs porting so makes groups run about more.
Will have to wait n see but tbh the Prydwen leet attidue is about to die, and its for the better imo :)

Corran

Part of the furniture
Though i not experienced NF i think there will still be room for FG v FG however you got to be more aware when you are looking for this. You got to make sure that you keep yourself far enough away from places where instant reinforcements can arrive and moment your in battle your CC needs to be more aware.

It will be no different to FG vs FG in emain, as there you constantly get adds anyways due to the small size Vs the numbers. Sure you will get more adds but as long as you are ready then you shouldnt have a problem, if your low on power then just Mezz and run away till your ready to fight.

It gonna be more difficult, however they are merely adapting the game towards what they originally intended, it is harsh for those they started and adapted to the current situation as it was the best they could get however the arguement will always be that this is how the game was meant to be from the beginning.

It will hurt our server alot compared to others, and i can see it in short time becoming that guild run with over a FG, say 2fg in order to take on the zerg's. 2fg high RR well played people will still be able to take on much larger numbers and come away alive, or having taken out alot of the enemy first. And in a way i think that may be better for the "competitive" players that say the idea of a good fight is greater then the rp's. Taken on double numbers and dying yet having taken out more of them then there was you is an achievement above fg vs fg.

Time will tell the effect. RvR will be active more then it used to be as you will have more low rr people that didnt see point in rvr coming out now, it just depends on how GG's react to the changes wether it will kill of the rvr competition or not.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
The small amount of time I spent on Gorre I found whole thing pretty boring tbh, but you have to remember a couple o' things:

No one on there knows each other, 90% of peeps are unguilded and lot of peeps are running about ungrp'd - leaves peeps with no choice but to zerg and follow everyone else around.

I doubt things will be as idiotic as they are now when it goes live.

Also, fg RvR kinda had it coming. Too often I've seen RvR raids planned days in advance by 2-3fgs of peeps fucked up by being chain killed by gank squads all night. It spoils the game for lot of peeps and Mythic pissing on the guild grps party was inc...

That said, I doubt this will kill 1fg rvr in practice. The competative grps are always gonna be best placed to adapt to changes in the game, and I doubt they wont find a way to run 1fg in NF.

Mael, 50th ment.

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, bring back pre-NF so that Maelstrom and BO can wtfpwn random alb groups between APK and AMG.

TBH at peak hours there's 1500-1800 people playing Prydwen, and rarely more than 2 or 3 professional gank groups out from each realm would roam emain - they account for what, 100 or so people? I think if this expansion makes the game more fun for the 1400 other, more casual players then it is a good thing. Just a shame I can't play anymore now I'm at Uni :/

p0x

Fledgling Freddie
Gelid said:
TBH at peak hours there's 1500-1800 people playing Prydwen

Eeewhaa? oO /who didn't even break 200 in hib last night

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
nice to base that conclusion on something that hasn't gone live on pryd yet ;o gorre is wtfzerg. If you dont want zerg, you aviod it, or if you feel like pwn you go defend a keep maybe, people taking a keep might not be so active :p

i've seen movies from SU where people easily can run fg, and who knows... maybe pryd will get a higher pop coz :eek:

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Playing the US servers and there seems to be more FG action coming back into the game after the initial Zerg died down. Think NF might not be good for Pryd though purely on the population front.

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Balanced zerg >>>>>>>>>>> Random zerg.
Forming a balanced full group is 1000 times faster than forming a balanced zerg.

If NF turns out to be just zerging, which I hope and believe it wont be at Prydwen, prepare to spend hours and hours on forming your "group" because, thanks to human nature, that's what someone will do and that someone will steamroll over you and your 100 realm mates time after time. The smaller the "standard group size" is the more avarage player friendly the game is - best situation would be "a group" of 1 player so you could just log on and have fun :p

NF sucked on Yank-servers and I placed my hope on Prydwen - the game will change just as much the community wants to change it.

Botond

Fledgling Freddie
Gelid said:
Yeah, bring back pre-NF so that Maelstrom and BO can wtfpwn random alb groups between APK and AMG.

TBH at peak hours there's 1500-1800 people playing Prydwen, and rarely more than 2 or 3 professional gank groups out from each realm would roam emain - they account for what, 100 or so people? I think if this expansion makes the game more fun for the 1400 other, more casual players then it is a good thing. Just a shame I can't play anymore now I'm at Uni :/

butbutbut then daoc becomes massive multiplayer game :(

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
DOOOOM.

Again. And again. Every time a new expansion comes we´re doomed. I´m left to wonder how come so many people are still playing? We´ve been doomed at the very least 3 times, so we´re the hardcore survivors of doom, obviously. But still, now I see it. NF is coming. We are doomed surely!

Miff

Fledgling Freddie
i take back all i said ;) Now i could make Infil and kill 2 duelling savages inside their keep and fg adds comes to kill me and server crashes - saved my life

I love nf ;)

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
The "uber" RvR-groups killed the RvR for groups that isnt optimized or at least minimized it by alot as well as for the classes that solo and isnt a stealther.

Now those groups wont be able to roam as easy since the warmap help in pin-pointing the action and even tho I know many in RvR-guilds I very happy that the game will allow for others to be able to RvR and have fun as well - even if that is in zergs and keepfights its still beats getting killed 15 times one night by PE while maybe killing a few albs and hibs in between.

I realize the RvR-guilds will cry out and complain and if it would work for both types of players I would be happy too - RvR on Prydwen currently tho is all about avoiding the killsquads tho. :(

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
there was a guild set up on gorre for people from prydwen and the leet fuckwit, wannabe shit heads still ignored those that didnt spend 50+ hours on irc a week so dont blame the expansion, blame the retards that play on the server

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
1.70 was a massive disaster in the USA but it didn't kill the game. Come 1.71 (and even more so going forward I would guess) the supply line changes bring FG vs FG back. We may well reach some nice middle ground, if we end up with a game where both zergs and FGs have a place to play.

Trouble is, we have to go through 1.70 to get there, and it isn't likely to be much more pleasant for us than it was for the US.

As always, the players who can adapt and find ways to have fun will get the most out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom