NF the end of prydwen and fg rvr.

Cathul

Fledgling Freddie
Boggy said:
1.70 was a massive disaster in the USA but it didn't kill the game. Come 1.71 (and even more so going forward I would guess) the supply line changes bring FG vs FG back. We may well reach some nice middle ground, if we end up with a game where both zergs and FGs have a place to play.

From all what i read on VNBoards it was only a massive disaster for gankgroups. And as we all know gankgroups only form a small minority of the DaoC players in total.

/Cathul

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
I dont think that NF will kill FG rvr.

Because if you take a look at most of the people running in 1 fg RvR group, then the most of them are rr8+. And with NF a new line of RA's comes that will make high realmrank people stand even more out from the rest. To try and make it better for the "normal players" mythic made the zones so its hard to avoid keeps and made it hard to find a place to roam since fights will be shown on /realmwar.

But all in all, the new RA line makes an FG even more capable of killing a zerg, atleast thats in my opinion as an alb.

I mean, the main class i play myself my cleric, being RR10+ with it gives me the ability to get BOTH RA's such as high augdex, divine intervention 3, high lvl purge, raging powers, mcl, etc....... although a "normal player" would need RR4 to even get lvl3 in one of the "good actives".

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
aye the realm abilitys do make high realm rank people better but remember divine intervention doesnt effect the caster so its probbly better if you run with two clerics/druids/healers than if you run with just one.

However being an animist i dont get much choice in what ras to actually spec :D but mcl1 is garbage so ill probbly get a lot of passives Serenity aug dex etc and then probbly get level 1 purge which i think is fine for casters.

Frontiers will be fun at least for a few weeks then when we are all tired of zerging and most of the guilds have burnt their bps in keep sieging then things will settle down every now and again we will see total dominence when someone trys to take a relic and i suspect goa will be trying to get 1.71 out as soon as they can probbly within a month of NF going live.

Its not all doom and gloom personally fgs have the option of roaming near to keeps that are part of a supply line to jump people heading towards a siege of a keep and i suspect that is what a lot of them will do. BUT taking towers and keeps is part of the game if your not sure about NF then go over to gorre make a character i sujest a duplicate spec and layout of your main try them out in rvr and see if you still like em if not then you always got a few more weeks to power level somthing to 50 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom