NF Scout question!

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Bishibosh said:
What do you mean... "especially when I dont intend on speccing shield"... A 50 slash scout is far better at killing sbs than a 42 shield 29 slash scout in my experience... At the moment my scout's spec is 42 slash 29 shield, with purge and IP up it makes for a very good chance vs assassins at least once every 30 mins.

i mean "especially when not speccing shield" because.... slam can and has been invaluable to me at times.but it is and can be a pain in the ass to land . the amount of times ive tried slam a sb and wasted a full bar of end trying to land it is untrue :( "if i aint dead by time i ooe" . in NF hopefully be easier to hit the fookers (with shield or melee) due to them losing dodger ra... i already got rid of dodger on my friar to get used to it and there is a big difference. so hopefully i can have a better ratio of wins vs 1v1 with sb's come NF.

im not speccing my char to beat tanks like wariors n heros bm's etc . trying to give myself a better chance vs assasins. enemy archers and also casters. hence the high bow and high melee spec with enough shield for engage.

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
i mean "especially when not speccing shield" because.... slam can and has been invaluable to me at times.but it is and can be a pain in the ass to land . the amount of times ive tried slam a sb and wasted a full bar of end trying to land it is untrue :( "if i aint dead by time i ooe" . in NF hopefully be easier to hit the fookers (with shield or melee) due to them losing dodger ra... i already got rid of dodger on my friar to get used to it and there is a big difference. so hopefully i can have a better ratio of wins vs 1v1 with sb's come NF.

im not speccing my char to beat tanks like wariors n heros bm's etc . trying to give myself a better chance vs assasins. enemy archers and also casters. hence the high bow and high melee spec with enough shield for engage.

Well it's a really bad idea to take slam into NF imo with the new improved purge... For not only do you have the low chance to hit, any sb that specs well into purge will have it up 90% of the time :|

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
I agree that high slash/thrust on a scout can be nice dmg output if equiped with good gear, tho I think scout is better with bow, either way I wouldn't expect many to be meleeing down assasins.

45 bow and 404 dex
50 slash and 325 stre (0 at creation as a saracen)

i specced for meelee, but my bow dmg should still be fine.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmm Im gonna give my two cents as to why ppl think scouts can rox in NF:

Skillz due some uber players on this server

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Bishibosh said:
Well it's a really bad idea to take slam into NF imo with the new improved purge... For not only do you have the low chance to hit, any sb that specs well into purge will have it up 90% of the time :|

How many low level chars will have instant purge, most will have lev 1 (5 sec delay) so people that use fz off of slam will still find it very useful. Only high level chars will have purge 2\3 and purge 2 is on a 15 min timer and will cost 15points. Only purge 3 is on a short timer. As for SB's taking purge 3, im fairly certain most will be looking at other areas which will provide them far greater benefit than spending 30 points on a 5 min timer purge.

As for lowering your shield spec i wont be, infact im seriously considering raising it to 50. My reasons for changing are simple, the rvr we will be taking part will change considerably (hardly any open field battles) and high shield will rock when you have all those pesky archers on keeps popping arrows at you.

Jox

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
they aint overpowered at all. people are just pissed off with attacking a keep and ALL archers farming them from the safety of a lvl10 keep.......

they just blame scouts most because there realm mostly have relics and alb has most zerg. so hey!! blame the albs right? :)

p.s they still suck just as bad in open combat tho,

"they aint overpowered at all"

:eek6:

Mythic didnt had buffbots in their mind when they created the 3 archers-types, thats why 2 of them have self-buffs, but today those self-buffs are worthless, making both rangers and hunters a bit weaker than intended.

FZ is a overpowered ma that suits classes with insta-stun better, like scouts and mincers, making them more powerful than say rangers/hunters.

And in NF both rangers and hunters lose their beloved ap, while scouts who never had it in the first place dont lose anything.

Scouts dont have to plink arrows into targets with clerics af-buff up(which results in 14% lesser damage).

Scouts also dont have to face the "best" assassin out there; infils.

Scouts also dont have to deal with enemy-stealth-groups that have access to healing, speed, insta-stun, aoe-mezz, abla... :>

Scouts dont have celtic dual, insta-pet or speed, but they have the best range/damage with their bows, making scouts by far the best of the 3 in keep-related battles.

In US Albion have all strength relics on almost all servers making scouts even more powerful.

Kinad said:
Since beta scouts has tryied to find a reliabel way to beat assasins in melee, and has failed.

One is a ranged s&s class with no ap, other is a melee class, get the picture ?

You want to beat assasins in a reliabel way, put some arrows in them before
melee atleast, slam them, zephyr them ...., but to try outmelee them is plain stupid.

Watch this and weep baby;

http://vnboards.ign.com/Albion_Rogue_Professions/b20906/74619273/?28

(you have to register to be able to download)

Its prolly harder to play CS with wall-hack than scout in NF.

The future for scouts;

Stand on a wall, protected by TS-guards/MoS/PN's/traps and /assist.../face.../bow.../crit-shot.../bow.../bow... until your fingers bleeds.

zZzZzZz :>

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Jox said:
Mythic didnt had buffbots in their mind when they created the 3 archers-types, thats why 2 of them have self-buffs, but today those self-buffs are worthless, making both rangers and hunters a bit weaker than intended.

Thats an advantage 4 em imo, they dont need 2 spec this line anymore when they have an bb, so they can spend there points in Bow/Melee. Scouts cant do that cause like u said: "no selfbuffs".

Jox said:
FZ is a overpowered ma that suits classes with insta-stun better, like scouts and mincers, making them more powerful than say rangers/hunters.

hmm, sounds true. Never met an Scout/mincer group which i have had 2 fight against.

Jox said:
And in NF both rangers and hunters lose their beloved ap, while scouts who never had it in the first place dont lose anything.
Scouts dont have to plink arrows into targets with clerics af-buff up(which results in 14% lesser damage).

that is/was the great Scout disavantage which we still have. Scouts have usualy sucky melee anyways and ap + sucky Scout melee = Free rp's 4 Ranger/Hunter. And Slam dont do any shit, u can slam him (if u have luck and dont get out of Endurence b4) but with ap up even an crit shoot dont do enough dmg 2 win the fight.

Jox said:
Scouts also dont have to deal with enemy-stealth-groups that have access to healing, speed, insta-stun, aoe-mezz, abla... :>

think ur true in this point, dont know. Dont have an 50 Mid/Hib stealther, so never met Infil in emain.

Jox said:
Scouts dont have celtic dual, insta-pet or speed, but they have the best range/damage with their bows, making scouts by far the best of the 3 in keep-related battles.

just lets talk about emain, cause nf didnt hit us till now.
i SHIT on the best Bow range/damage because I GET FORCED 2 BE IN MELEE 95% of the time. The Bow is the main weapon of an Scout. And the Mid/Hib stealther population of Excalibur doin a good job with forcing Scouts in melee.

Sure nf will change this, but hey now since after 2 years of get fucked by assasins, its time 2 change some things.

Jox said:
The future for scouts;
Stand on a wall, protected by TS-guards/MoS/PN's/traps and /assist.../face.../bow.../crit-shot.../bow.../bow... until your fingers bleeds.
lets wait till nf hit us, but think most of the Scouts will do that.

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
Get mos 2 , and you will be able to outmeelee some SB/NS. it's the PA that wins fights for them.

lol. stony keep this up, ur heading for legend status @ FH rapidly.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
yup i sure will. once i get out in rvr(doing some other stuff first), and gain some rr, i'll try to prove my point.

Yadeniel

Fledgling Freddie
"Mythic didnt had buffbots in their mind when they created the 3 archers-types, thats why 2 of them have self-buffs, but today those self-buffs are worthless, making both rangers and hunters a bit weaker than intended."

Yeah, that is why a ranger or hunter can melee u and a scout is only rps cow in melee. Lets give more power to hunters, they only hit assassins for 500+ with heat spear :) Or rangers cos they really need it right? ^^

"FZ is a overpowered ma that suits classes with insta-stun better, like scouts and mincers, making them more powerful than say rangers/hunters."

U dont need stun to use Zephyr, if u dont know how to use it isnt the alb sts problem.

"And in NF both rangers and hunters lose their beloved ap, while scouts who never had it in the first place dont lose anything."

Wow, they lose it and win it in passive form .Like the scout of the movie u show us, PD4

"Scouts dont have to plink arrows into targets with clerics af-buff up(which results in 14% lesser damage)."

Ofc ofc lol, QQ more. Givf me ur end bot pls, maybe u could try to lvl all ur artiacts with ur end bot :)

"Scouts also dont have to face the "best" assassin out there; infils. "

Lol, that is why u perma zerg us? :) . "best" haha, with TOA the best assassins are slash, and the slash assassins with best strengh are norseman (and the best con too ) . + in NF u can train aug stre +stre cap when the infils get the half use from that RAs, caps. (thrust ones)

"Scouts also dont have to deal with enemy-stealth-groups that have access to healing, speed, insta-stun, aoe-mezz, abla... :> "

Yeah, but they have to deal with ur 6man zerg :)

"Scouts dont have celtic dual, insta-pet or speed, but they have the best range/damage with their bows, making scouts by far the best of the 3 in keep-related battles."

Time for a boost to scouts imo, they never got much with that extra range in pre NF, not like rangers and hunters

Btw, hope someday u try a groupchar in alb and see what u have to deal with. GP, ae stun, instant mezz ae mezz stun ae stun, healers with zephyr and ml9soj, pets with intercepts stun BT dd proc, and try to kill casters with u gimpblade like SM , BD, tanks with the best ws, all that mid weird things , savages, zerkers.. . Wow, u have to kill wizs, therugist, armsmans, wow too hard..

Aussie

Banned
ye......... just you bullies wait until he is ready and starts RvRing........ he'll show you what a REAL scout can do......

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
ye......... just you bullies wait until he is ready and starts RvRing........ he'll show you what a REAL scout can do......

Never said I'm a REAL scout. I said i will try to prove that if you are creative you can find ways to face sb/ns without eating dirt all the time.

Btw aussie, 1st of September today. How's the new class? Made lots of new friends? Can't be hard to make friends with your attitude i guess...

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
Never said I'm a REAL scout. I said i will try to prove that if you are creative you can find ways to face sb/ns without eating dirt all the time.

Btw aussie, 1st of September today. How's the new class? Made lots of new friends? Can't be hard to make friends with your attitude i guess...
Im quite sure a scout speced for mele, got melee ra´s, toad for melee can do well on higher RR´s, but why not play a infil then who would do the job 100 times better?

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
StonyPony said:
I said i will try to prove that if you are creative you can find ways to face sb/ns without eating dirt all the time.

would be intresting how u want do it, cause Smell hiden > Scouts.

tryed nearly everything against em, but they can smell us and u cant do anything against it. :)

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Jox said:

:eek6:

as sum1 said above self buffs worthless hence they dont have to spec those lines. givin them better spec for melee/bow .

Healers with sojo ? need i say any more? and as sum1 said u DONT need stun to use sojo .. and even then ALL bow classes get it.

do you not know wot PD is ? is a passive form of AP. which again ALL bow classes can get come NF, and as u said BELOVED AP . what BEOVED ra do scouts have ?

Scouts dont have to plink arrows into targets with clerics af-buff up(which results in 14% lesser damage). as said above rangers are gonna find it tough with end regen up top of qa tower with him n his bot.

which realm has the best assasin is tottaly irelavent. because wether it be a sb/ns or infil... the scout would get wtf pwnd in melee.

thats a MINCER issue. not a scout one. this thread is about scouts so why bring a different class into it ? my scout dont have healing/speed/insta stun or mezz or abl ... so wtf is your point here?

yes scout have bestrange . but as i said sumwhere else. just how often do you see a bow class edging backwards to get max range? my guess is never .. cos the target will of moved by time u found max range. and if he aint moved that means he is afk or deserves to die :) as for dmge i think scout crit cap is 1160dmge? (i maybe wrong) ive seen screenies of hunters and rangers doing crits of 1050+dmge , so imo on a crit shot 100 dmge aint much. especially when u consider there by far superior melee capabilities of ranger/hunter.

In US Albion have all strength relics on almost all servers making scouts even more powerful.

again just because many albs have relics n usa. dont mean we gonna have them over here. atm hunters have the relics so that makes them "even more powerfull" so stfu whinging and complain about scouts ith relics when u r stupid enough to stand still long enough for a scout to kill u ata keep.... cos regardless of what most of u muppetts think scouts are still gonna be the shittiest bow class when it comes to open battles. yes we may excel at keeps . but thats now a treb or 2 cant fix to stop us shooting.

awwwwwwwwwww poor jox has been farming scouts for god knows how long.... now in nf at keeps he cant kill them due to sh guards (if they guild buys em for there keep). so he whinging cos they safe up top of tower :(

QQ more imo.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Bishibosh said:

read my post in this thread and u will see that i said i am NOT speccing shield in NF due to above reasons :)

Aussie

Banned
StonyPony said:
1st of September today. How's the new class? Made lots of new friends? Can't be hard to make friends with your attitude i guess...
graduated :(

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Jpeg[LOD] said:
Jox said:

as sum1 said above self buffs worthless hence they dont have to spec those lines. givin them better spec for melee/bow.

Hey im not sum1 :twak:

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Wmv said:
Im quite sure a scout speced for mele, got melee ra´s, toad for melee can do well on higher RR´s, but why not play a infil then who would do the job 100 times better?

Give infil Xbow the range of longbow but with the same gimped xbow dmg and i'd be playing an infil.
The way i look at a scout : spec for meelee so you can survive , spec a lil bit in bow so you are still able to leech. Mosts scouts just leech(I am one of those myself atm as i'm still running in pre-toa gear damn last SC job needs to be done) . So i spec for meelee , and still got the ability to leech of the zerg when needed. Coz like it or not, most of xcal rvr is zerg vs zerg.

once the SC is done, i'll be out in emain , Sure i'll eat dirt the first month every time i meet a SB. but once past RR5, i'll start trying to prove my point.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
StonyPony said:
but once past RR5, i'll start trying to prove my point.

rr5 dont will change much. K u get the 0.3 weapon dps bonus and abit more ra's, but thats it. U'll bite the dust like b4.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
rr5 dont will change much. K u get the 0.3 weapon dps bonus and abit more ra's, but thats it. U'll bite the dust like b4.

wasn't that i meant, but once RR5, i can buy some RA to help me a bit :)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
http://haldar.newmail.ru/daoc/ws.html

As 50+11Slash RR5 , correct my if I'm wrong.

325str = 1478ws

Get hit by 91 str/con debuff(2nd best) for example.

234str = 1195ws

Get hit by malice proc, -25% stats.

175str = 1011ws

Then theres Disease poison to take more off your ws...

Along with only having a 1hd weapon, your hitting with below 1k ws against someone with capped evade.

What I'm trying to say is this is one of the reasons why scouts aren't very likely to kill every assasin that jumps them, if you purge, its not hard to reapply them to you.

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Aussie said:
graduated :(
... from Kindergarten :clap:

(They had to deliberate him though, but in the end his kindergarten teacher said she couldn't cope with him another year so they let him move on)

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
What I'm trying to say is this is one of the reasons why scouts aren't very likely to kill every assasin that jumps them, if you purge, its not hard to reapply them to you.
It's not my intention to kill every 1 that jumps me. It's my intention to put up a fair fight, instead of eating dirt whenever someone jumps me. I don't care about losing as long as it was kind of an equal fight(that's the reason i'm solo 95% of the time)

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Purge 2, you cant attack 99% of all enemies without purge

Dex 3-5 or maybe combined with some FA levels, basic bow damage and melee damage enhancement

Longshot(Sureshot) 1, i like it now and it might be worth the points

IP3 or MoS 4-5, both is excellent tools to combat assasins but i think IP will be more allround. MoS is mostly defensive RA imo, while IP might be usefull
in many situations.

Second Wind 1 might be a good choice, think full end charge for 5 points seems quite nice, and this will allow scouts to just slam on with hurricane speed.

MoB, PD, AoM all nice, but i dont think they give as much bang for the money
as high level IP which is up on 15 min timer. Im a firm believer in tougness/ip
becuase they are very all round, and works regardless of what your hit by.

Basically go with old setup, which hopefully with zephyr, shield trip, slam and snares will make assasins think twice.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Matmardigan said:
btw guys, which RA u will choose with nf?

lotsa pd and lotsa falcons eye and some aug dex :) albeit i aint as high rr as most of u guys so im planning on being rr5 by time nf hits EU and planning my ra;s for arr5 template.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
think i'll try this first.

Dex 3
PD 3
MoS 2
FE 3
Det 1
IP 2
Purge 2

if thats bs then ill try this 1

Dex 4