NF Scout question!

Galiri

Fledgling Freddie
Ive red alot now about scouts being overpowered in NF but i havent seen why! can any1 explain to me why scouts will be so uber or give me a link to a webside so i can read my self!! Thanx

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
they aint overpowered at all. people are just pissed off with attacking a keep and ALL archers farming them from the safety of a lvl10 keep.......

they just blame scouts most because there realm mostly have relics and alb has most zerg. so hey!! blame the albs right? :)

p.s they still suck just as bad in open combat tho,

Galiri

Fledgling Freddie
TS? thats thoose things i want to now! what is TS?

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
Daws said:
erm...perma TS not overpowered? :S

Erm i think you will find all stealthers have perma TS not just scouts..Its called mastery of stealth, and in any case assassins still have a range advantage over other stealth classes when stealthed.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Think of it more along the lines of when SL was on a 10 min buff.

Rhirap

Fledgling Freddie
well scouts arent overpowered in NF, they just get a big (long awaited and deserved) boost, and because the change is quite big, every1 and their dog rolls an archer. that means more archers about, so most of the RPs are coming from them, so top of the charts are archers and every1 screams nerf.

the problem we had were assassins could see us but we couldnt see them until we had a knife in our stomachs (which, by then was usually too late) without TS/SL. now they cant do that to us anymore they are crying about it and trying to get us nerfed (most of the whine threads are by assassins).

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Archers don't change in NF. What does change is that there is a lot more siege warfare, and in defence an archer in his element.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
TS= Truesight,10 points archer's RA what shows every stealther on pretty huge area.

SL=Stealth Lore,basically same as TS,just much much lower range and you get this from few artifacts.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Daws said:
erm...perma TS not overpowered? :S

as sum1 said ALL stealther have access to it. me personally wont be speccing it at all. no point me seeing a sb/ns . cos they will still see me 1st and pwn me in melee... so i may as well ignore it and spend my points elsewhere to help me try beat em (physical defense) :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
It's the range difference in keeps which people are crying for a nerf about. Scouts will be able to shoot from top of a lvl 10 keep battlement at almost clip range to any invaders :D Rangers and hunters are about 300 range less but for archers in general it's an all round very strong boost

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LOD] said:
as sum1 said ALL stealther have access to it. me personally wont be speccing it at all. no point me seeing a sb/ns . cos they will still see me 1st and pwn me in melee... so i may as well ignore it and spend my points elsewhere to help me try beat em (physical defense) :)

MoS2 cheap, you should beable to avoid the I Win PA's if you see them slightly before hand tho :)

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
MoS2 cheap, you should beable to avoid the I Win PA's if you see them slightly before hand tho :)

Depends on the speed you are moving at. The slower you are moving, the greater chance to detect hidden characters. I am not sure whether this will apply to Mastery of Stealth or not.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:

if a sb can get into melee range and whack me i dont really expect to live anyways so pa or not a scout aint got much chance . especially when i dont intend onn speccing shield. gonna go 50slash or thrust for nf cs the 50shield i have atm is useless vs dw . and with the new purge slam gonan suck cos every slam i land will prolly be purged.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
if a sb can get into melee range and whack me i dont really expect to live anyways so pa or not a scout aint got much chance . especially when i dont intend onn speccing shield. gonna go 50slash or thrust for nf cs the 50shield i have atm is useless vs dw . and with the new purge slam gonan suck cos every slam i land will prolly be purged.
Get mos 2 , and you will be able to outmeelee some SB/NS. it's the PA that wins fights for them.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Since beta scouts has tryied to find a reliabel way to beat assasins in melee, and has failed.

One is a ranged s&s class with no ap, other is a melee class, get the picture ?

You want to beat assasins in a reliabel way, put some arrows in them before
melee atleast, slam them, zephyr them ...., but to try outmelee them is plain stupid.

Aussie

Banned
rofl kinad wtf do you know about scouts...... are you gonna teach those who can outmelee SBS/NS how to play scout? :m00:

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:

What do you mean... "especially when I dont intend on speccing shield"... A 50 slash scout is far better at killing sbs than a 42 shield 29 slash scout in my experience... At the moment my scout's spec is 42 slash 29 shield, with purge and IP up it makes for a very good chance vs assassins at least once every 30 mins.

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
Get mos 2 , and you will be able to outmeelee some SB/NS. it's the PA that wins fights for them.
What game have you been playing? :p

Wmv

Fledgling Freddie
StonyPony said:
Just wait till you played NF 1 week.
Maybe i missed something but please enlighten me in what way scouts melee will be stronger in NF? I cant think of many stuffs that would make their melee stronger then it is today

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
Scouts will be sucky like always only thing which will change is that Scouts can camp on roof of an tower/keep and can shoot like he want till he get the message target isnt in view, thats all.

Aussie

Banned
you better be afraid heist..... snipers will outmelee melee classes in NF.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
If only you learned to think outside of the 'box'. Toa and NF gives any class so many new tools and abilities. Nf will only enlarge the posibilities to play your class in a different way. I still don't get it that nearly all of you are so narrowminded.... I can be wrong. I don't know to claim all. But i am creative and try to think outside the 'box'. Maybe some day you guys will see the light also and accept what you are given + work with those tools.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
StonyPony said:
If only you learned to think outside of the 'box'. Toa and NF gives any class so many new tools and abilities. Nf will only enlarge the posibilities to play your class in a different way. I still don't get it that nearly all of you are so narrowminded.... I can be wrong. I don't know to claim all. But i am creative and try to think outside the 'box'. Maybe some day you guys will see the light also and accept what you are given + work with those tools.

I agree that high slash/thrust on a scout can be nice dmg output if equiped with good gear, tho I think scout is better with bow, either way I wouldn't expect many to be meleeing down assasins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom