NF goes live 16th november

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
While i dont personaly think we mids need/deserve an underdog bonus i can see 2 reassons that might fatcor into why we got it - I think Hib gets a bonus in the formula for determining who is underpopulated because of their shrooming abilities, and, midgard has overal very low bp atm in their major guilds so wont be able to upgrade and keep upgraded for long stretches of time.

So most likely:

Petspam ability = +in the formula
Current realm bp = +in the formula

Zede

Part of the furniture
Over the last month or so, I have become aware of ALOT of people here in alb pryd power levelling Scouts, to be ready for NF.

I can bet the actual reason for mid underdog status is quite simply the oddles of 30+ animists that will v.soon be L50.

3 fg of hibs with 6 animists, Vs 6 fg of mids - sorry i'd stack my bets on the hibs winning - nuff said !

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Zede said:
Over the last month or so, I have become aware of ALOT of people here in alb pryd power levelling Scouts, to be ready for NF.

I can bet the actual reason for mid underdog status is quite simply the oddles of 30+ animists that will v.soon be L50.

3 fg of hibs with 6 animists, Vs 6 fg of mids - sorry i'd stack my bets on the hibs winning - nuff said !

I think you didn't got the point of the underdog thingie. Has nothing to do with the Ability of the Classes.......

Zede

Part of the furniture
Icebreaker said:
I think you didn't got the point of the underdog thingie. Has nothing to do with the Ability of the Classes.......

come up with a better reason then......

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
fana grow a brain, tnx

I dunno, *im* trying to discuss what could be causing the underpop formula they use to come up with midgard, as opposed to some that are meerly insulting other people, so i think my brain is pretty much intact thank you very much.

Its been clearly stated earlier in the thread by Requiel that pure population is not the only factor used to determine who gets the underpop status.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
omg, shut the fuck up you bunch of whiners, ill say this once.. ITS NOT GOA WHO MAKE THE CODE, THEY CANT CHANGE IT STOP WHINING AT THEM.
its mythic you should vent your frustration at, asking GOA to re-work code is pointless, they cant.

no they cant. but they CAN make Mythic aware that the code is FUBAR more efectivly then we can.. AND TYPING IN CAPS ISNT EXACTLY GOING TO MAKE PPL LISTEN TO U MORE EITHER.... grow up

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Fana said:
While i dont personaly think we mids need/deserve an underdog bonus i can see 2 reassons that might fatcor into why we got it - I think Hib gets a bonus in the formula for determining who is underpopulated because of their shrooming abilities, and, midgard has overal very low bp atm in their major guilds so wont be able to upgrade and keep upgraded for long stretches of time.

So most likely:

Petspam ability = +in the formula
Current realm bp = +in the formula

Ability to quadhit is accounted for as a + to the 4th power tho. Also the ability to FZ in a typical fg setup. I believe the amount of stealthers who whine also have an impact on the outcome.

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
FAO: Fana and Zede. :rolleyes:

[GOA]Erivoss said:
hmm it's wrong. 1. I play on Excal and no way mid is the underdog and 2. I know the secret formula :O I'll see about getting it fixed on Monday.

:m00:

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, and formula should be checked once a week. For me, month is too big time space...

PS: We are getting the new radar jammers on Tuesday too I guess? Let's see some people banned :)

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
As for my interest why not just give the bonus to Hib in 1.70 ?
This thing shouldn't be made such a big deal about before the RP/BP bonuses in 1.71 comes, then it should be evaluated more carefully.

As I see it Mids is in fact the underdogs when it comes down to keeporiented RvR (something that NF is all about), but who really cares !?

-Inwe-

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
enigma said:
FAO: Fana and Zede. :rolleyes:

:m00:

Yes i know :) But what im getting at is that there still is a formula that is more complex than comparing number of active characters in each realm, so im trying to think of what stuff might be calculated into it. This would be interesting to know even tho they apparently made a mistake in their calculations on Excalubur.

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
fgs, who cares about that sodding formula what ever it is, Erivoss will look into it like he said on monday, nuff said tbh, so less of discoussion, its over.

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
Could any goa person pls tell what will hapen to the xml files ? I have a few sites running that use them, and I noticed that with every patch or expansion the xml files always seem to get stuck for about a week, and only then start to get updated again. For nf I'm working on a new site that should log every keep/relic/df change and give cool shiny graphics and stats from it... and I would not be happy if the xml doesnt update the first week, that would ruin the whole concept of my site :s

Any word on that ?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
See the news - I seem to recall it's changing totally, and it'll be a few days/weeks til it's done.

Darzil

Koyochi

Fledgling Freddie
if you mean this " New Roll of Honour, which replaces the Chronicles " , then I think thats something else still. Thats the page with the frontiers map and a visualisation of who got wich keep and relics etc. Afaik , that is seperate from the xml pages. There is nothing in NF that would behave different for the xml pages.. still the same old keepnames and relics and everything, so I guess all that will stay.

Herjulf

Banned
[GOA]Erivoss said:
hmm it's wrong. 1. I play on Excal and no way mid is the underdog and 2. I know the secret formula :O I'll see about getting it fixed on Monday.

err....
biased?

Wabbit

Fledgling Freddie
/newsflash

Hib gets the bonusses

/newsflash

Since the start of this game, Hib has been lowest on population, level 50's, rr10's, pixels, total rp's, etc etc even in lwrp's they hardly ever "win" a week. This calculation is clearly a mistake so GOA will fix it monday, no worries

Herjulf

Banned
Icebreaker said:
Why?

He isn't allowed to have his own opinion like everyone else?

he plays excal therefore he is going to get it changed by monday...
so.. biased vs gamecode = biased wins?

The calculations that mythic themselves implemented to determine the current underdog realm, is valid on all servers except excal, because mr itchy plays excal.

Thats bad mkay.

a little... i get pwned by dem evil mids all the time so they cant be a underdog realm. imm gonna go cry to my bosses so they see how sad i am and gets it fixxored the way i see it.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
If he knows the formula and nows the result is wrong then I don't see why it shouldn't be changed. You'll also note Herjulf that almost every mid other than you thinks it's crazy that mid got the bonus not hib.

Wabbit said:
Since the start of this game, Hib has been lowest on population, level 50's, rr10's, pixels, total rp's, etc etc even in lwrp's they hardly ever "win" a week. This calculation is clearly a mistake so GOA will fix it monday, no worries
Actualy hib excal has more RR9s and RR10s than either mid or alb.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:

The calculations that mythic themselves implemented to determine the current underdog realm, is valid on all servers except excal, because mr itchy plays excal.

Thats bad mkay.

a little... i get pwned by dem evil mids all the time so they cant be a underdog realm. imm gonna go cry to my bosses so they see how sad i am and gets it fixxored the way i see it.

So he plays on Excalibur. You know which Realm? He could play Midgard you know? Or Albion. Who knows. And he is just doing his work. And where does he say he is gonna change it. He just said he want to check it Monday because he thinks it is wrong.Where the hell is tehhhhhhhhhhhhhh Problemo!

Aussie

Banned
Herjulf said:

Thats bad mkay.

r e t a r d

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
[GOA]Erivoss said:

aha so it's your fault :p

STOKE UP THE FIRE!

erm I mean - cool Erivoss :) cheers for checking it out.

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Ilienwyn said:
Oh, and formula should be checked once a week. For me, month is too big time space...

PS: We are getting the new radar jammers on Tuesday too I guess? Let's see some people banned :)

damn.. i need a quit thread :<

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
I hear the words about populations changing over time but something obviously caused the bonus to shift.

The only significant change I can point to in the last couple of weeks are the actual population figures. Average population, maximum population, current population numbers etc. Both Pryd and Excal numbers have gone down. If one realm has lost more than another this could - probably would - be bale to swing the result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom