NF goes live 16th november

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Because i have ALREADY downloaded NF to play GORRE.. does that mean i DONT have to re-download it again when it goes live? and all i will have to do is change the update.dat info back to excal info ?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Jpeg[LOD] said:
Because i have ALREADY downloaded NF to play GORRE.. does that mean i DONT have to re-download it again when it goes live? and all i will have to do is change the update.dat info back to excal info ?
Yes that's correct. As was mentioned in the news regarding the start of the Open Beta, the NF client you use on Gorre is the same as the one for the live servers.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Not completely no.

Can you give ONE fact that hib is ahead of mid with and should be responsibel for this tip? I cant see one.

This is a complete joke, cant you see that ALL your players think you have made the wrong choice. No one argued when hib was gonna get this, everyone KNEW that was right, now if you cast your eyes around you see that EVERYONE thinks this is wrong.

Please double check your formulas again, and if they still point at midgard please consider making a new formular that weighs up the important stats like realm population and active players more fairly. This is an injustice that the 3rd and never catered for realm doesnt deserve.

IainC

Boni said:
Can you give ONE fact that hib is ahead of mid with and should be responsibel for this tip? I cant see one.

This is a complete joke, cant you see that ALL your players think you have made the wrong choice. No one argued when hib was gonna get this, everyone KNEW that was right, now if you cast your eyes around you see that EVERYONE thinks this is wrong.

Please double check your formulas again, and if they still point at midgard please consider making a new formular that weighs up the important stats like realm population and active players more fairly.
As I said, I don't know what the formula is so I can't say what it is that caused Midgard to get spit out as a result. I do know that when the news was being prepared earlier this week, the underdog realm on Excal was Hibernia. It was recalculated since (today I think) and Midgard was the new winner.
The underdog realms will be re-evaluated constantly and as the situation changes, so will the bonus. Currently we are planning to check and recalculate approximately once a month.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
As I said, I don't know what the formula is so I can't say what it is that caused Midgard to get spit out as a result. I do know that when the news was being prepared earlier this week, the underdog realm on Excal was Hibernia. It was recalculated since (today I think) and Midgard was the new winner.
The underdog realms will be re-evaluated constantly and as the situation changes, so will the bonus. Currently we are planning to check and recalculate approximately once a month.

Please, as a GM, could you please find out what the formular is and check it, this smacks of an error somewhere and really is best sorted out now.

IainC

Before everyone panics and starts prophesising impending doom, remember that the underdog bonuses are cheap hookpoints for keeps and not the bonus RPs/BPs/EXP/cash from 1.71.
It will help but it won't swing the balance massively. We will also be monitoring the situation and recalculating frequently.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Undedog Midgard

How did you calculate that. its impossible calculation that Einsten couldnt make right xD

Ash'

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Before everyone panics and starts prophesising impending doom, remember that the underdog bonuses are cheap hookpoints for keeps and not the bonus RPs/BPs/EXP/cash from 1.71.
It will help but it won't swing the balance massively. We will also be monitoring the situation and recalculating frequently.

So can u ask the guy who ran the figure's to run them once again please? might have been a type-o with the numbers

why the big serect with the formula?

and if it is broke now, which your player base seem to be tellin ya in this thread... it needs sortin big time... and yes it does matter in 1.70 and even more so in .71

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

Please come play hibernia rvr some time. Go round the keeps, check their levels, see that we can only just hold our own 6 keeps at a shoddy level with our handful of active rvr guilds.

My own guild like many of the smaller guilds on hibernia would have enjoyed this bonus, now we will have to attack mid who outnumber us and can equip their keeps better. This does swing the balance, it needs fixing.

As previous people have said the next patches are VERY unkind to the underpopulated realm, and if youve given this bonus to the wrong realm they are right to be worried.

Aussie

Banned
"earlier this week"

so in a couple of days it changed from hib to mid ? :m00:

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Genuinly feel sorry for the excal hibs, i mean even middy players are saying its not uncommon to have 100+ mids in emain at peak time.

Goa really need to look at this again as they could really screw up hibby till 1.71.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Please come play hibernia rvr some time. Go round the keeps, check their levels, see that we can only just hold our own 6 keeps at a shoddy level with our handful of active rvr guilds.

My own guild like many of the smaller guilds on hibernia would have enjoyed this bonus, now we will have to attack mid who outnumber us and can equip their keeps better. This does swing the balance, it needs fixing.

As previous people have said the next patches are VERY unkind to the underpopulated realm, and if youve given this bonus to the wrong realm they are right to be worried.

i dont think hib is quite as handicapped as u make it out to be tbh, animists are invaluable on keep raids. and seeing as thats the basis of NF it makes them strong, no matter how underpopulated the realm is. However if anyone did deserve underdog status it would be them.

Aussie

Banned
Code:
                               Albion          Hibernia             Midgard 
Characters                11,690 (41%)         7,235 (25%)         9,578 (34%) 
Active Characters          4,689 (42%)         2,700 (24%)         3,785 (34%) 
Level 50's                 4,302 (39%)         2,988 (27%)         3,658 (33%) 
Realm Points       1,624,078,226 (36%) 1,374,833,528 (30%) 1,540,510,619 (34%) 
Last week RP          24,039,849 (34%)    19,998,059 (28%)    27,226,007 (38%)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Requiel said:

Think that's going to turn out to be the important part there as time goes on. As an Excal Mid myself, I was kind of surprised to see us come out as an 'underdog' realm; I guess typically it will ping-pong back and forth between Mids + Hibs.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Q: What does Mythic mean by “population” and “underpopulation”? The context is in regards to the fee reduction schedule posted in 1.70W.

A: We look at a number of factors. Raw population is just the beginning. We also look at population over level 30, the population of players over level 40, RVR activity in terms of realm points exchanged, RVR activity in terms of territory changing hands, relics, the number of people in RVR zones, realm population, realm activity as it related to realm population, and more.

Can't be because of Population

Could be the population over level30 or 40 because of powerleveling Animists.

Can't be RvR Activity in terms of territory changing hands (Hi Crauchon)

Can't be Realmpoints

Can't be relics, both realms have 3 (and soon none :) )

Can't be Numbers of ppl in RvR Zones (Hibs are outnumbered everywhere most of the time)

Leftover: and more (Whatever that is)

xD

Ah well as soon as NF is out Hib gets steamrolled and we get our Underdogbonus. :)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
Since your blundering with the recurring crashes that robbed a lot of guilds of a good percentage of their Rp's and a larger percentage of their BP's, Hib rvr has been in the toilet pretty much. So any loses to bp's haven't been made up fully by the smaller/less rvr active guilds.
You must be joking if you think that hibs smaller guilds will be able to afford keeps/towers at a reasonable level without the under population bonus for any extended period.

Danita

omg, shut the fuck up you bunch of whiners, ill say this once.. ITS NOT GOA WHO MAKE THE CODE, THEY CANT CHANGE IT STOP WHINING AT THEM.
its mythic you should vent your frustration at, asking GOA to re-work code is pointless, they cant.

and yes QQ im in Mid now so i get cheaper hookpoints and BP cost... like thats going to make a huuuuge difference... its not the end of the world, and like all things it'll work out in the end.

messias

Fledgling Freddie
This is very strange what has changed over the last week to make the underdog realm change from hib to mid all of a sudden.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
omg, shut the fuck up you bunch of whiners, ill say this once.. ITS NOT GOA WHO MAKE THE CODE, THEY CANT CHANGE IT STOP WHINING AT THEM.
its mythic you should vent your frustration at, asking GOA to re-work code is pointless, they cant.

and yes QQ im in Mid now so i get cheaper hookpoints and BP cost... like thats going to make a huuuuge difference... its not the end of the world, and like all things it'll work out in the end.

Setting underdog status can be changed obviously, as they say they'll look each month. If a realm's guilds do not have enough BP to claim a keep or tower at a high level then it'll be easier for the other realms to take it, making things such as relics easier to be taken. Please tell me how this isn't a difference? With the active rvr population for the hibs even lower it'll mean a greater hill to climb for them when they encounter very high level keeps, with a mid zerg inside.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
its mythic you should vent your frustration at, asking GOA to re-work code is pointless, they cant..
Please take some eons and grow a brain. GOA decides which realms get the underdog bonus, Mythic has nothing to do with that.

They got some crappy tool from Mythic that OBVIOUSLY works extremely bad, but they can choose to use that or not.

Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
You put the dog in underdog.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
An underdog realm result shouldn't change from week to week after this number of years of live servers.

I'd like your opinion on that please Requiel.

Methos said:
Please take some eons and grow a brain. GOA decides which realms get the underdog bonus, Mythic has nothing to do with that.

They got some crappy tool from Mythic that OBVIOUSLY works extremely bad, but they can choose to use that or not.

You put the dog in underdog.

yes yes nice whine but did you even READ what the Gm's posted? they use the code MADE BY MYTHIC WHICH THEY HAVE TO USE AND CANT CHANGE.

so NO goa dont choose who gets it, the mysterious code does.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Requiel said:
The actual bonus is not the point. It's the principle of granting it to a realm that's obviously NOT the underdog realm, no matter what kind of variables or stats you take into consideration.

i agree on that point, but i feel the major point people are missing is the relationship between GOA and Mythic is a Client <--> Boss type thing, if Mythic sends you stuff and says use this.. you use it, doesnt matter if its poo when the boss says jump you jump cos hes paying your wage.. regardless of how wrong this calculation is im sure GOA will send feedback saying "heehawhehaw, this is le broken"

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
yes yes nice whine but did you even READ what the Gm's posted? they use the code MADE BY MYTHIC WHICH THEY HAVE TO USE AND CANT CHANGE.

so NO goa dont choose who gets it, the mysterious code does.
Please quote them where GOA say Mythic forces them to implement the results of the underdog-tool on GOA's servers without GOA having their own say? Endulge me.

Don't confuse the game code with some tool they use.

IainC

Methos said:
An underdog realm result shouldn't change from week to week after this number of years of live servers.

I'd like your opinion on that please Requiel.
A community is a fluid thing, it changes over time. People join, people leave and people move. The bonus is supposed to assist realm balance in keeptake RvR and this balance will change for a number of reasons, poulation is one of them but changes made in patches will also tilt the emphasis towards or away from a particular realm until players work out how to optimise themselves in the new situation. Tactics change and players come up with ever more ingenious ways of doing things. As the situation onthe ground changes, so will the bonus.
Rather than making a definitive call on which realm needs help and binding ourselves to that decision regardless of the changing situation, we're going for a more flexible approach.

Elewyth, chill ;)
The formula we are using is the same as the one that Mythic use for their calculations. As I've already said I don't know exactly how it works or what factors it takes into account, however it's something we apply on a server by server basis based on our own data. Mythic have nothing to do with it's application or the numbers that we feed into it.

I'll admit that I was surprised by the change from Hib to Mid on Excal, however I checked with the person responsible for the news when the discrepancy was pointed out and apparently it is correct. I'll check with the person who actually would have made the decision on Monday, but for now assume it's correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom