NF goes live 16th november

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
i agree on that point, but i feel the major point people are missing is the relationship between GOA and Mythic is a Client <--> Boss type thing, if Mythic sends you stuff and says use this.. you use it, doesnt matter if its poo when the boss says jump you jump cos hes paying your wage.. regardless of how wrong this calculation is im sure GOA will send feedback saying "heehawhehaw, this is le broken"
Couple of words for you:

Licensing contracts

Licensing fees

Mythic gets paid by GOA. Without GOA and Euro servers, Mythic will find themselves a lot poorer.

You got it completely backwards. Now stop posting stuff without thinking about it first.

Requiel said:
A community is a fluid thing, it changes over time. People join, people leave and people move. The bonus is supposed to assist realm balance in keeptake RvR and this balance will change for a number of reasons, poulation is one of them but changes made in patches will also tilt the emphasis towards or away from a particular realm until players work out how to optimise themselves in the new situation. Tactics change and players come up with ever more ingenious ways of doing things. As the situation onthe ground changes, so will the bonus.
Rather than making a definitive call on which realm needs help and binding ourselves to that decision regardless of the changing situation, we're going for a more flexible approach.

Elewyth, chill ;)
The formula we are using is the same as the one that Mythic use for their calculations. As I've already said I don't know exactly how it works or what factors it takes into account, however it's something we apply on a server by server basis based on our own data. Mythic have nothing to do with it's application or the numbers that we feed into it.

I'll admit that I was surprised by the change from Hib to Mid on Excal, however I checked with the person responsible for the news when the discrepancy was pointed out and apparently it is correct. I'll check with the person who actually would have made the decision on Monday, but for now assume it's correct.

i am chilled Req, just annoys me when people Bag you guys for something that isnt your fault, its not like YOU personally said "hmm today ill nark off the entire hibbbie population" your using the same stuff as mythic, just adding in server specific data to our servers.. hardly your fault when mythic's coding picks out a weird looking realm.

Methos said:
Couple of words for you:

Licensing contracts

Licensing fees

Mythic gets paid by GOA. Without GOA and Euro servers, Mythic will find themselves a lot poorer.

You got it completely backwards. Now stop posting stuff without thinking about it first.

thats more than a couple :p

but you neglect the fact that GOA gets SENT all their patches and tools for using on the servers, and time and time again GOA have said, these are sent to them and they cant change them, all they do is the translation, so bagging goa for this one is uncalled for since its the one mythic sent them and are currently using on the US servers, just inputting our server data. sure if some monkey-nut made a typo in some of the data he put in (which is possible.. i.e missing off a 1 or 0 on the population field or RvR rp stats) then it would skew the data, but first perhaps instead of bagging GOA let them check theyre data and make sure its working.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Requiel said:
A community is a fluid thing, it changes over time. People join, people leave and people move. The bonus is supposed to assist realm balance in keeptake RvR and this balance will change for a number of reasons, poulation is one of them but changes made in patches will also tilt the emphasis towards or away from a particular realm until players work out how to optimise themselves in the new situation. Tactics change and players come up with ever more ingenious ways of doing things. As the situation onthe ground changes, so will the bonus.
Rather than making a definitive call on which realm needs help and binding ourselves to that decision regardless of the changing situation, we're going for a more flexible approach.
I agree fully on the fact that the daoc community is fluid and in constant (albeit slow) progression and change.

What troubles me is that there seems to either have been a pivot point in the community in the past week between the 2 runs of the analysis tool, or the fact that it's broken.

Requiel said:
The formula we are using is the same as the one that Mythic use for their calculations. As I've already said I don't know exactly how it works or what factors it takes into account, however it's something we apply on a server by server basis based on our own data. Mythic have nothing to do with it's application or the numbers that we feed into it.
What worries me here is that the apparent output of that tool is the name of a realm without giving any foundation or explanation. A daoc realm community has many facets, strong points and weak points that can never be analysed with such an atomic result.

Also i'm in suspicion this tool is not suitable for Euro servers if it takes many variables into consideration. It seems evident that Euro servers are more heavier on the RvR combat than the average US server.

If the tool also incorporates certain PvE variables (which might explain why midgard is granted this), then the realm bonusses should also be split into RvR underdog and PvE underdog bonusses.

Requiel said:
I'll admit that I was surprised by the change from Hib to Mid on Excal, however I checked with the person responsible for the news when the discrepancy was pointed out and apparently it is correct. I'll check with the person who actually would have made the decision on Monday, but for now assume it's correct.
I'm looking forward to hearing the result on monday. :)

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
we finally getting NF and ppl are still whining :eek:
you guyz are pathetic really, whine cos we dont have NF for ages, whine when we get NF cos of some silly little bonus that hardly does anything, get a grip and get over it, and another thing, half of you havn't the fiirst clue about what you're on about, sad, really sad....

Elewyth, do you work at GOA? nope, didn't think so, so how do you know the way GOA work, and how MYTHIC corresponds with GOA. You dont, so kinda like STFU tbh :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
thats more than a couple :p

but you neglect the fact that GOA gets SENT all their patches and tools for using on the servers, and time and time again GOA have said, these are sent to them and they cant change them, all they do is the translation, so bagging goa for this one is uncalled for since its the one mythic sent them and are currently using on the US servers, just inputting our server data. sure if some monkey-nut made a typo in some of the data he put in (which is possible.. i.e missing off a 1 or 0 on the population field or RvR rp stats) then it would skew the data, but first perhaps instead of bagging GOA let them check theyre data and make sure its working.

You sure think you know a lot of the GOA company and you do not even work there I reckon.

Such knowledge

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
i am chilled Req, just annoys me when people Bag you guys for something that isnt your fault, its not like YOU personally said "hmm today ill nark off the entire hibbbie population" your using the same stuff as mythic, just adding in server specific data to our servers.. hardly your fault when mythic's coding picks out a weird looking realm.
Think of this as the voice of the people. ;)

I don't think people mean to attack Requiel, but he represents the face of GOA, and it's the only face we can take a swing at in here, so to speak.

And he can clearly see the statement people are making which he couldn't get from the analysis tool, which makes him in touch with his community. That's a good thing.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Invisibul said:
we finally getting NF and ppl are still whining :eek:
you guyz are pathetic really, whine cos we dont have NF for ages, whine when we get NF cos of some silly little bonus that hardly does anything, get a grip and get over it, and another thing, half of you havn't the fiirst clue about what you're on about, sad, really sad....

Elewyth, do you work at GOA? nope, didn't think so, so how do you know the way GOA work, and how MYTHIC corresponds with GOA. You dont, so kinda like STFU tbh :)
Keep in mind that we are the customers and they are the service provider.

When you believe something is faulty, you have every right to make that known.

Other than that i applaude Requiel for taking the time to discuss and inform people on this forum.

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
Methos said:
Keep in mind that we are the customers and they are the service provider.

When you believe something is faulty, you have every right to make that known.

Other than that i applaude Requiel for taking the time to discuss and inform people on this forum.

Faulty??? just trying to find any excuse to whine tbh.

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
Invisibul said:
Faulty??? just trying to find any excuse to whine tbh.

If mid is seriously deemed "underpopulated" then yes, something is faulty ><

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
i think it is kinda obvious something is wrong here when even our enemies are telling GOA that it should be hibs and not mids who gets the bonuses of being underdog realm

cant remember any whines about the bonuses on the US servers when it was released so yes it seems something IS wrong or the tool is not adjusted for the EU servers

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
i just find it funny that people are whining about something so small and of no great importance thats all, so what if mids get hookpoints and stuff a little bit cheaper, hardly gonna have catastrophic implications on the game. It will get resolved anyway so whats the big deal.

Invisibul said:

if you'd bothered to read ANY of the replies by ANY of the GOA staff over the years you'd now how they work by now, you'd also know that theres not a lot they can do apart from raises these issues with Mythic and wait for a fix..

need examples of this?

1. The BP bug where guilds lost bps.... can goa fix it? no.. they sent to mythic and are still waiting for a fix... afaik goa CANT alter the game code, its prolly in theyre contract (thats just speculation tho :p)
2. Patches/Tools - they get sent these, they can do much with patches cept translate them, and the tools i imagine are similar to those on the Us servers.

so how do i know how GOA speak with Mythic? well having read posts by Requiel thats how, hes posted on this a few times when people whined about this and that... i for one am excited about NF, cant wait to go live, i havnt whined about the underpopulated realm bonus thingy, i realise that GOA use the same tools mythic does, if theres a problem mythic will be aware of it and it will be dealt with in time.. so patience is the key word.

Methos said:
Think of this as the voice of the people. ;)

I don't think people mean to attack Requiel, but he represents the face of GOA, and it's the only face we can take a swing at in here, so to speak.

And he can clearly see the statement people are making which he couldn't get from the analysis tool, which makes him in touch with his community. That's a good thing.

yes i agree, but lets reverse the situation, your getting crap for something you cant control.. how inclined are YOU going to be to fix it quicker? hardly motivates you when your customers bag you for it and whine at you for being incompetent.. i wish people would simmer and let it ride, we all knew the first few weeks would be a continuation of the testing on Gorre.. it'll take a while to settle down.

Invisibul said:
guess i got pwnd :p
i'm tired :)
sry if i was rude

i wasnt being nasty towards you, i honestly thought most people knew, well cept the habitual whiners who never read the parts unless it contains bad stuff... i also assume most people have been around since the Barrysworld days and you may be new to the forum, my apologies for so many assumptions. :fluffle:

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
hmm it's wrong. 1. I play on Excal and no way mid is the underdog and 2. I know the secret formula :O I'll see about getting it fixed on Monday.

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
Code:
                               Albion          Hibernia             Midgard 
Characters                11,690 (41%)         7,235 (25%)         9,578 (34%) 
Active Characters          4,689 (42%)         2,700 (24%)         3,785 (34%) 
Level 50's                 4,302 (39%)         2,988 (27%)         3,658 (33%) 
Realm Points       1,624,078,226 (36%) 1,374,833,528 (30%) 1,540,510,619 (34%) 
Last week RP          24,039,849 (34%)    19,998,059 (28%)    27,226,007 (38%)

what i find funny about this, hib has more lv 50's than active chars where the other realms dont, is it me or doesn't that seem odd.

Methos

Loyal Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
hmm it's wrong. 1. I play on Excal and no way mid is the underdog and 2. I know the secret formula :O I'll see about getting it fixed on Monday.
The people have been heard!!

Thanks Requiel and Erivoss ;)

Ash'

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:

yay :clap:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
thankyou requiel and Erivoss for looking into this, on the ball as always :)

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
[GOA]Erivoss said:

he a hib?

(thats a joke btw not accusing of anything:) )

I'll have to agree.. give the bonuses to albs.. havent had a relic since mids gave them one.. and they couldnt keep it :(

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Aussie said:
Code:
                                 Albion          Hibernia             Midgard 
  Characters                11,690 (41%)         7,235 (25%)         9,578 (34%) 
  Active Characters          4,689 (42%)         2,700 (24%)         3,785 (34%) 
  Level 50's                 4,302 (39%)         2,988 (27%)         3,658 (33%) 
  Realm Points       1,624,078,226 (36%) 1,374,833,528 (30%) 1,540,510,619 (34%) 
  Last week RP          24,039,849 (34%)    19,998,059 (28%)    27,226,007 (38%)
I have determined that Albion needs the underdog bonus!

Look, I calculated the average RPs per level 50 per realm (LWRP/L50s):
Hib: 6692 LWP/50
Mid: 7442 LWP/50
Alb: 5588 LWP/50

Alb has the lowest number! So Albion is the underdog! The lightweight!

Even though the calculations are true, and are done on a windows calculator, potentional brain fuck-ups may have occurred and these results should not be taken seriously!

I don't think that any formula can pin-point the underdog realm with 100% accuracy.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
You the GM's that help on these boards surely deserve every cent you get on the paycheck from GOA - I doubt they even realize that we havnt ever had as active GM's as we do now and every day you guys increase the your own and their reputation.

Sure there is always areas thats more looked into than others but what the heck...

:bazbeer: :bazbeer: :bazbeer:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
yay

[GOA]Erivoss said:

Ah the light of commone sense, thank you Erivoss! :worthy:

Clan Fist

Fledgling Freddie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaira
Monitor rvr on excal and give it to the realm that lacks skill

True but giving an underpopulation bonus to Alb/Excal would be slightly odd...

ROFL souch funny coment :cheers: :D

when have albs ever had any skill except skill in using the summon random fg Alb RA skill granted free at lvl 20 :D

Clan Fist

Fledgling Freddie
Invisibul said:
what i find funny about this, hib has more lv 50's than active chars where the other realms dont, is it me or doesn't that seem odd.

uhm maybe its couse there been a steady stream of people quiting from hib in long time

hence them being here but not being here(inactive) :)

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Woho!!! I'm sure Hrogars "Naked Fun in Emain" helped Midgard on the "Underpopulated" thing :) .. the game saw 20-30 Mids that couldn't afford Armor running around in Emain getting zerged by albs and hibs! :) It was this Thursday :) Ofc if we can't afford any armor we should get reduced prices on hookpoints etc!!!
:cheers:

:>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom