Newsflash newsflash! Mythic admits to LA being overpowered!

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by sorusi
id love to get shield specc, got big plans for it if we get it :D

And that is? Ditch the game or reroll to a savage?

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
God you're just an asshole. I've solo'd 90% of the time on my nightshade, it's just that on the last few levels a friend is helping me out 'cos I can't do it myself. Can you stop whining about this? Jesus

Don't argue with him, it's useless :).

Trying to reason with him is like trying to reason with a :m00:

Besides, for asassins it's all about target selection... you are stealthed, you see a zerker... YOU have the choice to attack or not to attack. You know the odds are stacked against you with the current situation, so in your wisdom you decide not to attack and you live. Now you see a lone caster... again, you have the choice to attack or not to attack... the odds are in your favor, you attack, you win, you're still alive and have more RP's than you began with...

I once made the mistake of attacking Sub when i was lvl48 and RR3 at the time... he was solo, i had buffs, and i attacked him... 2-3 hits from him and i was inspecting the local ant population. For solo asassins it's all about target selection and risk calculation.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
They got huge chance-to-hit bonus on you (since you're lower level), you got a penalty vs. them.

that went out in 1.50 ;) it's fun landing spells on 50s with your level 30 caster:)

To make things worse you got lower AF, probably unfinished spec (not sure about that; but if you aren't unfinished you proove the point 2.2x specpoints on NS's is fine), lower weaponskill and less evade. You probably cannot use the poisons a lvl 50 RR+ assassin has access too.

Your resist-caps are lower, etc etc etc.

If you add all those things up you can't seriously think you can stand a serious chance against another assassin.
These are all quite true - although the spellcrafted armour has changed the whole epic/non-epic thing :)

So sorry to disagree; but you are NOT competitive unless you're lvl 50. And RR+ for nightshades vs. other assassins; that's something what probably needs fixing.

A level 47 assassin should have a fair chance against a level 50 one (given all else equal). However it's often not all else equal, the level 50 will be better equipped, and have a higher RR in general.

B

braudristin

Are you whining because Llaw Arian are overpowered ? And are Mythic going to nerf that guild ? BWAHAHAH

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
Don't argue with him, it's useless :).

Trying to reason with him is like trying to reason with a :m00:

Besides, for asassins it's all about target selection... you are stealthed, you see a zerker... YOU have the choice to attack or not to attack. You know the odds are stacked against you with the current situation, so in your wisdom you decide not to attack and you live. Now you see a lone caster... again, you have the choice to attack or not to attack... the odds are in your favor, you attack, you win, you're still alive and have more RP's than you began with...

I once made the mistake of attacking Sub when i was lvl48 and RR3 at the time... he was solo, i had buffs, and i attacked him... 2-3 hits from him and i was inspecting the local ant population. For solo asassins it's all about target selection and risk calculation.

Killin zerkers is posible using the odd tactic PA/snare, run, stealth, PA, run,........ However, doesn´t work every times n never try it with high RR zrkers or experienced players

B

belth

We'll see this soon I'm sure:

=====================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Version 1.62a Release Notes

=====================================

1.62a is a small patch that adresses some issues with light tanks and archers.

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Because of the amount of complaints we've received from the myriad of dissatisfied Shadowblades who have 2 or more accounts (majority of our income), we have decided not to implement our originally planned changes to Midgard Left Axe specialization line. Instead, we have done the following:

- When using LA styles, you no longer suffer a damage penalty. Note: This applies only to styled damage, you will still suffer a penalty when not using styles.

- LA styles have had their scaling rethough and now they scale at twice the rate compared to normal styles, to offset the damage penalty on unstyled attacks.

- Doublefrost has been changed to a front-positional style and the damage scaling and endurance usage have been adjusted according to that. Because this would leave LA users without a proper anytime style, we have changed the defensive penalty on Snowblind to a high defensive bonus.

- Comeback changed to chain off Snowblind and given a heavy attack speed debuff.

- Because Comeback is no longer using Evade as opening, Frosty Gaze now has Evade as opening and the stun on the style has been increased to 11 seconds.

- Your attack speed while using LA is no longer the average of the weapons you are using, instead it is the speed of your offhand weapon. Also, increased quickness will no longer affect your damage when using LA styles, due to us hiring a new programmer who found the invalid reference for the LA damage calculation and attack speed.

- Damage "cap" on LA styles now also raises with Weaponskill stat, to accommodate for the changes in damage scaling.

- Endurance regeneration now has halved value when casted on a class that can specialize in LA. This is to ensure that LA using classes are not doing out of proportion damage.

- Fixes to Blademasters and Mercenaries are also in:

- CD and DW styles now use half the endurance they used to and have had their damage scaled up by 5%.

- In light of this new damage increasing change, we have decided to remove Evade from Mercenaries and reduce Blademaster Evade to level2. Also, we are considering removing Parry from both of the classes.

- Triplewield is now on a 1 minute timer and will be the equivalent of a 1% damage add, to compensate for the greatly shortened timer.

- Dirty Tricks now has an animation. It will now be granted at level5 and have 5 minute reuse timer. Because of this, we have reduced the chance to fumble to 10% and give it an immunity timer of 1 hour.

- Archer changes:

- The miss and fumble code was erraneously set too a wrong value, we have changed the number from 80 to 99.

- With the changes to buffs in 1.61, we have capped Archer Weaponskill at 900.

V

VodkaFairy

Ten points extra con at creation is twice as effective as ten extra con from items. Aeiedel proved this in his HP formula, just to point out an extra advantage for infils.

Also, saying dragonfang sucks is just not fair. It is a very good move, it's almost twice as good as our after-evade stun. It's not like you can't purge our stun, also clearing the dot and str/con decrease! On top of that, 50 thrust > the usual 39-44 pierce nightshades have. Our after-evade stun is the only pierce style I use, and some positional styles from time to time. Regardless of the moves you get, 50 thrust is a big advantage over 39-44 pierce we (often) spec in.

Nightshades at a high rank aren't bad assassins, but we cannot compete with infils/sb's without the RA's.

Also, it's a bit stupid to use the 'skill' argument. Shadowzerkers just have to spam doublefrost (I dunno, never played one), but nightshades have to use their styles very carefully making good use of backup styles. So nightshades need practise to win a fight, and sb's don't? Nightshades need a high realm rank to compete with other assassins?

I hope they will boost our magic a bit - I'm not asking for an uber move or an uber ability. I just want the class to be able to compete with other assassins, I don't care if this comes as either a LA/infil nerf or a NS boost.

P

Pin

Ten points extra con at creation is twice as effective as ten extra con from items. Aeiedel proved this in his HP formula, just to point out an extra advantage for infils.

Aeiedel's formula was incorrect in a number of places. I worked with him to fix it up and posted back the corrected formula in the thread.

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=50718

10 extra con at creation is EXACTLY the same as 10 con from items, 10 con from buffs, 10 con from aug con, etc.

The only difference is that base con below 50 is twice as effective as base con over 50, which means if you are a NS and didn't add 10 con at creation or get aug con 2 (aug con counts as base) then you are at a disadvantage. But as all Nightshades will (unless stupid) do at least one of these, there is no discrepancy.

S

skile

Higher evade is out of the question, as any proper assassin with the most basic buffs already have capped evade :)

pwn friars? I got hit for 670 dmg today by Jiggs or so. No thnx, I take back everything I said about friars and I will avoid them from now on :D

Theurgist pets are scary :(

Make a scout, I can handle those :)

See Hidden is inbalance and u like that. All posts from you is about how inbalanced the ns is :). Feel for us scouts(!) first ;).

V

VodkaFairy

Ok - didn't know that. It does prove I'm stupid though :) Didn't put 10 points extra in con at start.. I found out two weeks ago, eek!

P

Pin

Ok - didn't know that. It does prove I'm stupid though :) Didn't put 10 points extra in con at start.. I found out two weeks ago, eek!

Well buy aug con 2 then... You'll need level 3 to get Avoid P(a)in anyway.

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by skile
See Hidden is inbalance and u like that. All posts from you is about how inbalanced the ns is :). Feel for us scouts(!) first ;).

Aww.. poor Skile. Let me tell you something, I don't have see hidden anymore because I don't like it as it's very very unfair against archers.

And because a lot of assassins do have it, archers neglect stealth more than they did (I think?) so it's not too much of a problem to spot them ;)

Btw - those insta hunter pets are pretty nasty thinking of it. It hit me yesterday for 150 damage every time, while the hunter did 280-ish damage with his (slow) spear. Still, I got him to 15% health while ress sick. Nerf NS :rolleyes:

[/brag]

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Pin
Well buy aug con 2 then... You'll need level 3 to get Avoid P(a)in anyway.

Where did I say I won't do that? It's just a shame I didn't put ten points in con at start :)

P

Pin

Where did I say I won't do that? It's just a shame I didn't put ten points in con at start :)

Well, I didn't either :m00:

F

froler-mid

Originally posted by Ebonn
So your basically saying a nightshade needs aug con 3, AP2 and purge just to be in line with a basic infil with no RA's. thats 29 rsp's

thats the whole point a nightshade should not need R7L9 to be on par with a R5L0 infil.

and as for AP being god mode your sorely mistaken.. 20 more absorb for 60 seconds, as im sure you know absorb is factered in a differant way to resists, whereas abs comes off after the resists are factered, in extensive testing it was found that AP2 had about the same effect as approx 12-15% more resist equivlelent. while its certainly nice.. its very expensive and by no meens is it anywhere near god mode :]

im trying too say a high rr NS is the best assasin there is.

as for AP, 20more absorb...60sec....thats like fighting a plate wearer....its one of the best RA's for a NS imo.

as for the crit on poison ra...

ns_crit_debuff_14con_kthx_.jpg

(14con, crappy pic)
nerf pls :D

E

Ebonn

Hell yeah we get some nice RA's to pick from.. aug acuity is still bugged but just getting a venom crit ticking for 80-150 and a proc DoT critting for 80-150 at the same time really makes u not care about the 4 wasted points :]

[ofc then you can whack viper if you have it]

although imo viper isnt worth the points atm.

F

froler-mid

Hell yeah we get some nice RA's to pick from.. aug acuity is still bugged but just getting a venom crit ticking for 80-150 and a proc DoT critting for 80-150 at the same time really makes u not care about the 4 wasted points :]

[ofc then you can whack viper if you have it]

although imo viper isnt worth the points atm.

ohh, thats right, u have a chance critting with dot proc aswell....:(

NS need a nerf :D

V

VodkaFairy

Ebonn, I saw you claim somewhere there is no stat that improves our spells. I'm pretty sure strength improves it though... :)

E

Ebonn

Ebonn, I saw you claim somewhere there is no stat that improves our spells. I'm pretty sure strength improves it though... :)

No stat increases the damage of our spells .. strength is supose to increase our power pool... but aparantly its a bit bugged.

V

VodkaFairy

With strength buffs my DD damage improved a lot, go try it ;)

edit - ok not alot, from 70-80 to 90-110 in pve

B

belth

With strength buffs my DD damage improved a lot, go try it ;)

edit - ok not alot, from 70-80 to 90-110 in pve

30%-35% increase in damage is not a lot?

B

belth

If NS DD-damage increases with more Strength, you got no reason to whine about them post the buffbot-patch.

E

Ebonn

Originally posted by belth
If NS DD-damage increases with more Strength, you got no reason to whine about them post the buffbot-patch.

LOL.. the DD uses in RvR does aprrox 10-40 damage after resists.. if its not resisted.. it uses more end than a garrote which does 100-250 damage... work it out for yourself why its just not viable...

F

Faeldawn

If ya want to moan about See Hidden, try using ranger TS.

See hidden = Assassins can see their targets.

TS = Ranger can see what to run away from.

Remember that scene in Aliens when Hicks opens the roof void to see a s**t load of aliens at almost point-blank range comin right at him?

Same deal when i fire TS, scary as hell sometimes. But a lot of fun even when you get ganked ;)

Remember a few other rangers telling me similar stories.

B

belth

LOL.. the DD uses in RvR does aprrox 10-40 damage after resists.. if its not resisted.. it uses more end than a garrote which does 100-250 damage... work it out for yourself why its just not viable...

I've (nearly?) capped cold resists and it does more than 10-40...

Fixed damage type.

B

belth

Anyhow, you NS can go start the nth whine thread about your spells, this is about laughing at SBs and zerkers :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom