News News International back tracks again on phone hacking

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fingers crossed they man up and stop this deal from going through.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
phwor

FeFuf.jpg

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well I thought the competition commission would rule against but the more I read that seems not to be the case. It seems that has both taken the pressure off the tories and all but guaranteed himself the nod because with NotW closed his share of the market is 'temporarily' smaller.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Well I thought the competition commission would rule against but the more I read that seems not to be the case. It seems that has both taken the pressure off the tories and all but guaranteed himself the nod because with NotW closed his share of the market is 'temporarily' smaller.

thing is, with getting sky and keeping sky news as part of it then surely proportionately he will have a bigger share of the market. but that just make to much sense to deal with :p

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Seems voices are being raised in the US Senate to investigate this in the US.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Brilliant. :D Now let the rest of the stories commence, the ones that Brooks admited in private would bring darker days yet! :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Erm you do realise that NI already own a significant portion of BSB, and that in future there's nothing to stop them trying again?

It's a big setback but hardly anything he'll be worrying about.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Erm you do realise that NI already own a significant portion of BSB, and that in future there's nothing to stop them trying again?

It's a big setback but hardly anything he'll be worrying about.

Yep I do realise that, however all three main parties are now looking at tightening up the rules, Vince Cable is doubtful they will bid again because of the 'fit and proper' rules that will be applied to a future bid plus he also knows there is more dark stuff coming in this ongoing scandal. Just as Brookes said, there will be darker days as more stories break. Wait until they start taking down serving police officers for corruption, shit is going to get real nasty then.

As for hardly anything he will be worrying about? So Australia starting investigations and the U.S. considering doing the same will not worry him?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The politicians are all shitting themselves, they've been along for the ride for years.

Expect a lot of hand-wringing and odious statements, and then business as usual. Politicians are shit scared of the media.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The politicians are all shitting themselves, they've been along for the ride for years.

Expect a lot of hand-wringing and odious statements, and then business as usual. Politicians are shit scared of the media.

We have a police investigation with a police service who badly need to redeem themselves, we are also looking at two public investigations. This isn't going away and the polititians know it so instead of handwringing them are going to stick the boot in, the Liberals in particular are loving this, a chance to score points off thier coalition partners whilst remaining in power. Labour also have nothing to lose, Murdoch ditched them and they have been hurting badly for the last 18 months, they now see this as a chance to lay into both N.I. and the government.

Eventually business as usual will happen but not without massive fallout and changes, in that aspect it won't be 'usual' but we will end back where all this started 25 years ago with a weaker tabloid media which is no bad thing.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Rebekah Brooks resigned yesterday, and the FBI are goin to investigate the alligations that they hacked the victims of 9/11.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
To bad Murdoch has the perfect scape goat there...

Pretty sure Brooks only did what he told her to do, doesn't make her any less guilty tho.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
To bad Murdoch has the perfect scape goat there...

Pretty sure Brooks only did what he told her to do, doesn't make her any less guilty tho.

Actually I don't think Rupert Murdoch had anything to do with it, his son and Brookes were running News Internation and NotW at the time. Even James Murdoch probably kept himself at a distance so as not to be implicated but Brookes as editor had to be right in the thick of it because she was the one who had to sign off on investigations. Much as I hate Rupert Murdoch you have to realise that he is running a global company of with NotW and is but a very small part, he hasn't be heavily involved in the day to day of that paper for the best part of 20 years. James Murdoch cannot say the same, he had direct oversight for some considerable time if I remember correctly, even if he didn't know the fact remains that he was in charge of that operation when laws were broken. Brookes as editor is 100% guilty though, there is no way she could not have known, not just theoretically impossible but totally impossible.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Murdoch isn't stupid enough to be actually directly involved. He'll be fine.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
fuck me.... proof (as if it were needed) that the sooner Fox news crashes and burns the better. Brainwashing bullshit.

Helme

Resident Freddy
They do realise that there is a difference between hacking and being hacked right? And that they were on the hacking side?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
They are trying to muddy the waters, your average American doesn't have a clue what is really going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom