TV New Season!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Against all expectations, La Casa de Papel concluded with a fantastic final episode. There was a whole lot of nonsense throughout the second heist but they really nailed the ending.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I thought this was extremely tedious.

DaGaffer

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Looks kinda interesting:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its specifically a Netflix thing. The others don't really do it because their business models are different.
Thing is - they covered the cowboy bebop story anyway. So job jobbed.

IF they had S2 in the works it was just going to be something random anyway. But the story arc was there, intact.

Got to the end. Still enjoyed it. Not as much as the cartoon. That's a christmas re-watch. But enjoyed it nonetheless (@ECA).

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not finished S1 yet. Got 6 episodes in.

It's OK but I don't feel massively compelled to keep coming back to it. Does anyone REALLY like it or a you just fans of the game?

(I have not played the game btw)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

It's OK but I don't feel massively compelled to keep coming back to it. Does anyone REALLY like it or a you just fans of the game?

I like it, not really played the game that much either. I will binge watch after my booster jab this afternoon.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
We have read the books and like it

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

It's not as good as something like the Expanse (E1 was great) but it's certainly not awful.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I really like it :)

That moment after law of surprise when Geralt pauses and just says "Fuck" was just so perfect for the character

DaGaffer

Anyone watched the South Park post-Pandemic specials? Seem to have gone under the radar.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

I loved the game and quite liked the show. While I do recommend it, I can sort of see how it doesn't work as well if you haven't played it, despite them banging on about using the original works (the books) as their inspiration...the outfits and mood are lifted directly from the game.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think the Grand Tour has lost it.

I think it's getting sillier and sillier as time goes on and there's less of a serious car show element of it.

Which sure, is what people were asking for, but not this silly.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I loved the game and quite liked the show. While I do recommend it, I can sort of see how it doesn't work as well if you haven't played it, despite them banging on about using the original works (the books) as their inspiration...the outfits and mood are lifted directly from the game.

Also, the first episode of season 2 is absolutely fucking brilliant. And that is a hill I will die on.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think the Grand Tour has lost it.

I think it's getting sillier and sillier as time goes on and there's less of a serious car show element of it.

Which sure, is what people were asking for, but not this silly.

Meh, Top Gear is still a thing for your Top Gear fix. The current crowd seem to gel but can't say I watch it. The Grand Tour is just silliness, mostly staged car based fun.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Meh, Top Gear is still a thing for your Top Gear fix. The current crowd seem to gel but can't say I watch it. The Grand Tour is just silliness, mostly staged car based fun.

Yes but this "French" version wasnt as good as the others.
Although I did like
The car being dropped from the helicopter. How it just compacted was superb

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The first two episodes of 1883 prequel to Yellowstone have landed today and so far it is looking great.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Questions on Wheel of Time for those who have watched it:

• The book is told from Rands perspective, so it's pretty obvious that he is the most likely to be the Dragon Reborn (not necessarily the Dragon Reborn) out of the 3 boys. Is it the same in series?
  • Has the first series covered anything outside the first book?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Witcher S2. Enjoyed it but it's not a patch on the first season by a long shot.

Hardly anything is going on in comparison to S1 and the sub-stories just aren't as interesting (as is the linear time). Plenty of characters you just don't give a fuck about too.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Weren't you just whining how you didn't like S1 😂

Im only a few episodes in, budget is clearly bigger than than before. S3 already in the works it seems

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Weren't you just whining how you didn't like S1 😂
Nope. The opposite. I said I dislike fantasy generally but S1 of the Witcher was great and I really liked it.

Much much better than the Wheel of Time shite. But both of us felt that S2 was a big drop off in writing quality. (Who gives a monkeys about budget tbh - the writing is really the only thing that matters. They could have people in black suits holding up paper mache dragons for all I care - if the writing is great then nothing else really matters).

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

• The book is told from Rands perspective, so it's pretty obvious that he is the most likely to be the Dragon Reborn (not necessarily the Dragon Reborn) out of the 3 boys. Is it the same in series?
  • It is not the same in the series. In fact they've made the mystery of "Who is the Dragon Reborn" central to the entire first season - all of the Emonds Field 5 are candidates. I can guess why they did that, firstly to act as a 'hook' for non-readers and to give the others not called Rand more agency, which they lacked in the first book since it was something like 80+% Rand PoV. The execution though hasn't been stellar and they haven't been given close to enough screen time.
  • Yes. They've brought some story elements from the 2nd and even 3rd books, even the New Spring prequel, into some episodes, such as introducing the Amyrlin and going to Tar Valon.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

EOTW is 50%+ rands pov but there are plenty of other character POV chapters in it as well.
The goal is ~8-10 seasons to cover 14 books, some stuff is being shown early ( in EOTW they go caemlyn > fal dara, elaida/elayne/morgase/basel gill/etc are introduced ) - in the show they go to tar valon instead , and caemlyn will feature in s2 instead.
There are a few changes to make some things obvious to viewers that are just described in the early books - nynaeves strength, a character to show the strength of the warder bond etc.

It's obviously very difficult to fit 14 books into a realistic timespan to complete this in <10 years of producing the show, so you have to accept that some stuff will be cut, condensed and some side characters combined.
I'm enjoying it so far - it's been getting progressively better throughout the season.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They've also kept the cast relatively unknown which suggests it may be around for a while anyway, sure some of the acting is shit but I'm sure they'll grow into their roles like Game of Thrones.

I also suspect their acting expense that is Rosamund Pike will be killed off at the end of this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom