TV New Season!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Thought some of you might like to know that a few TV programs are starting in the US again such as:

Heroes - Season 4
Smallville - Season 9
Fringe - Season 2
Dollhouse - Season 2
Dexter- Season 4 (27 Sep I think)

:england:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You forgot How I met your mother and It's always sunny in Philadelphia best two sitcoms on TV anywhere.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ive not seen those! Damn...I'll have to check em out

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I can understand missing It's always sunny in philadelphia, but HIMYM is really really good :) Must see.

It's always sunny in philly takes a season to warm up a bit but season 2 Danny De Vito joined the cast and it went from good to awesome, and Charlie......zomggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Best sitcom character ever.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm only up to season 3 of How I Met Your Mother so far. Neil Patrick Harris at his best :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And Sons of Anarchy Season 2. oh and NCIS season 7.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
Sons of Anarchy has started well, Smallville tonight and Supernatural is on ep. 3 already.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
but HIMYM is really really good :) Must see.

It's been airing on e4 now, starting from the first season. It made me realise that you really need to endure quite a lot of crap to get to the good stuff. It's really naff and standard yank sitcom stuff but it gets muuuuuch better later.

Spoiler for the first ep of S5
Ted getting stuck on the spelling of Professor and the student helping him for example
had me in stitches.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I've actually watched most of the new shows. House I watch because it's my fave show (loved the first episode), HIMYM was awesome, Heroes.. Well.. Took me 4 attempts to watch and am just waiting for Family Guy and American dad really now.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Heroes totally went to shit in S3 (if not earlier), I'll probably watch the new season though because I'm like that. :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Utterly baffled why people like HIMYM, from the bits I've seen it's incredibly badly written and performed generic American sitcom, haven't seen anything of merit in it at all. :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Utterly baffled why people like HIMYM, from the bits I've seen it's incredibly badly written and performed generic American sitcom, haven't seen anything of merit in it at all. :(
As I said, it very much looks like that on the outset. If you stick with it it actually shows some good writing and performances. Neil Patrick Harris is great.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've actually watched most of the new shows. House I watch because it's my fave show (loved the first episode), HIMYM was awesome, Heroes.. Well.. Took me 4 attempts to watch and am just waiting for Family Guy and American dad really now.

1st episode of Family Guy was...OK. The Cleveland Show on the other hand, was fucking diabolical.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's always sunny in Philadelphia
Good call!! I just watched s02e06, The Gang Gives Back (with the basketball coaching), best ep so far by a country mile. :)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Anyone got any tips for new shows?

Just finished watching Hung which I thought was hilarious btw!!!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy

It is rather generic in many ways. As said above, its Neil Patrick Harris that lifts it above the generic soup of US sitcoms.

The episode where Neil Patrick Harris and the other chap are competing to to see who can get a threesome first ("Riding the tricycle!") is just brilliant.

Then again, I approve of a sitcom where they spend 80% of their time in a pub.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Good call!! I just watched s02e06, The Gang Gives Back (with the basketball coaching), best ep so far by a country mile. :)

Season 2/3/4 are just great.

The serpico episode in particular is just amazing.

It is rather generic in many ways. As said above, its Neil Patrick Harris that lifts it above the generic soup of US sitcoms.

The episode where Neil Patrick Harris and the other chap are competing to to see who can get a threesome first ("Riding the tricycle!") is just brilliant.

Then again, I approve of a sitcom where they spend 80% of their time in a pub.

Lily and Marshall get better as characters and funnier as the show goes on, but yes Barney is the reason it's so good.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
It's always sunny in Philadelphia = 9.6 on imdb too oddly enough o_O.

May have to give that one a go :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I made a post a while back extolling the virtues of Mad Men

Seriously - watch it! It's airing season 3 atm so you got plenty to keep you going

Edit: new series of the always excellent Entourage airing atm too :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Watched Fringe for the first time last night and rather enjoyed it. Although the moment I enjoyed most was when I realised the slightly mad professor type was last seen hamming it up as (the awful re-written and non-sensical) Denethor in Return of the King.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

It's a funny american sitcom.

That's a merit.

Compared to some of the UK poop i've seen :D

But i share your view regarding Heroes, most boring piece of "entertainment" since BSG last season.

Also would like to point out that the nerds are back, big bang theory has continued too.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Watched Fringe for the first time last night and rather enjoyed it. Although the moment I enjoyed most was when I realised the slightly mad professor type was last seen hamming it up as (the awful re-written and non-sensical) Denethor in Return of the King.

Wait for episode 12 to season 1 finale. It is absolutly addictive!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Right, 5 episodes into Heroes season 4, and I have to say they have gone a long way to repair the damage of seasons 2 and 3. It's by no means a return to season 1, but it isn't smallville style any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom