TV New Season!

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
The woman who can see sounds better be important! Otherwise why waste so much fucking time on her -_-

btw, Dexter doesn't seem to be as good as past seasons yet, but ep 4 was brilliant.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The woman who can see sounds better be important! Otherwise why waste so much fucking time on her -_-

btw, Dexter doesn't seem to be as good as past seasons yet, but ep 4 was brilliant.

I'd rather they waste time character building and getting back to the fact that these people are unique and rare, than the throw away characters of seasons 2 and 3.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

I just want Sylar to make her head explode tbfh. Waste of a character :twak:

Gray

FH is my second home
It was great to see Ernie Hudson the past few weeks in Heroes. Heroes still feels so weird for me at the moment, i dont know what it is but it just seems to be lacking "something".

The whole Sylar thing is about the only shining beacon, and luckily they're devoting a lot of storytime to him. The people at the carnival KNOW who Sylar is, and they're trying to get his memories back... But why?! I hope the ending of this season doesnt sho the fact that Sylar just massacres the whole carnival to steal all their powers, so i hope there is a different direction that they're going with it.

The woman who can see sounds is interesting, she has shown the ability that she can use the soundwaves to potentially cause damage but so far she seems to be just learning the ropes.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
The woman who can see sounds is interesting, she has shown the ability that she can use the soundwaves to potentially cause damage but so far she seems to be just learning the ropes.

I must've missed that bit. Was it on this week episode?

If so, things start getting interesting with that charcter (watching her playin the piano wasnt the most exciting thing to be honest)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I must've missed that bit. Was it on this week episode?

If so, things start getting interesting with that charcter (watching her playin the piano wasnt the most exciting thing to be honest)

End of episode 4, someone left a cello in her apartment (probably the carnies), and she was angry and playing, she sent a soundwave into her wall and cut into it.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Vasconcelos' quote still has it though. Must try harder Jup :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's hardly a spoiler as Gray gave it away already and there is an assumption in there.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Doh - what a dumbass :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Watched a full ep of How I Met Your Mother the other day, it's just as terrible as I thought. Really have no idea how anyone can think it's well written or funny, it's the single most generic an uninventive sitcom I've seen in some time.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Watched a full ep of How I Met Your Mother the other day, it's just as terrible as I thought. Really have no idea how anyone can think it's well written or funny, it's the single most generic an uninventive sitcom I've seen in some time.
Judging an entire show on one episode is not the most scientific approach really. I rewatched a bit of the first season and it really did fit your description but it gets a lot better. Towards the end of season 2 it's fantastic.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Right, 5 episodes into Heroes season 4, and I have to say they have gone a long way to repair the damage of seasons 2 and 3. It's by no means a return to season 1, but it isn't smallville style any more.

I agree, they are more back to season 1 where they are human dealing with these powers rather than gods running around blowing stuff up

I much prefer Peters new power, it was fun seeing him match Sylar but writing wise i could see it getting difficult not making him become Superman

Damini

Part of the furniture
Nobody has mentioned Lie To Me yet? I love it - so much so that I went out and bought a book on body language.

And is anyone else annoyed with tv.com's Uk version of the site? If I want to see whats on in america, I have to use a proxy :/

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Judging an entire show on one episode is not the most scientific approach really. I rewatched a bit of the first season and it really did fit your description but it gets a lot better. Towards the end of season 2 it's fantastic.

I've seen a lot of bits of episodes, totalling over an hour (so 3 or so eps total), that was just the first full one from start to end. It's really not funny.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen a lot of bits of episodes, totalling over an hour (so 3 or so eps total), that was just the first full one from start to end. It's really not funny.
Like I said, most of the first season was pretty wanky, it gets better as it goes on. Given the amount you've seen, you could just be missing the good stuff. Alternatively it could just be that you have crappy taste, after all you don't like The Wire.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
i also dont like the wire, really couldnt get into it
How many episodes did you give it? It's not an easy show to get in to, but once you get hooked it's the best thing you'll ever watch.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Like I said, most of the first season was pretty wanky, it gets better as it goes on. Given the amount you've seen, you could just be missing the good stuff. Alternatively it could just be that you have crappy taste, after all you don't like The Wire.

Wow, you really didn't get my point when we discussed The Wire.

I have always maintained that The Wire is good drama, but poor TV. That doesn't mean I don't like it.

Gray

FH is my second home
The new season [Or continuation of a season[ of Southpark has been truely amazing as well, so funny :d.

The poltergeist/dead celebrities one was fantastic, last weeks one wasnt AS good, but since it was a Butters episode that more than made up for it... This weeks episode is about WWE so thats going to be a bag of laughs too

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Nobody has mentioned Lie To Me yet? I love it - so much so that I went out and bought a book on body language.

And is anyone else annoyed with tv.com's Uk version of the site? If I want to see whats on in america, I have to use a proxy :/

now why would you want to see what on in america?

ST^

Can't get enough of FH

It's really good, or at least Tim Roth is. Except when he does that stance and the look, like he is channeling some sort of super power. "Lie detection mode: ON"

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
heroes season 4 episode 8

Really good, nice to have a return to season 1 with a few new twists. Hiro is back on form as well, the character was going stale.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Watched most of the first ep of V last night. Rather enjoyed it, even if its a bit slow to start. Rather liked the Independance Day dig :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom