TV New Season!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
anywhere near as good as Brooklyn 9 9?
I've watched the first couple of eps and it's probably not as good as Nine-Nine but Angie Tribeca is absolutely 100% satire. Like, really obvious, over-the-top, stupid, funny as hell satire. Words don't do some of the gags justice, they have to be seen.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The 100 S3 started last night...

The 100 grew onto me, but I do hope they wrap it up soon, it's still quite a mediocre series which will get dull very quickly if they're not careful, imo.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The 100 grew onto me, but I do hope they wrap it up soon, it's still quite a mediocre series which will get dull very quickly if they're not careful, imo.
Not seen the episode yet, but hopefully over the weekend.

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
The second half of Supernatural started up again a few days ago. This season is really good compared to the previous 2. I wouldn't be surprised if they get renewed for season 12.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Black Sails season 3 has just started. And oh man it's in full force.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
...And that's the Expanse S01 done with. It was brilliant, and I want more - way way more.

Syfy may have finally got it right. Thomas Jane is awesome, he fits the role so well. I got a BladeRunner / FireFly vibe from the show.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
...And that's the Expanse S01 done with. It was brilliant, and I want more - way way more.

Syfy may have finally got it right. Thomas Jane is awesome, he fits the role so well. I got a BladeRunner / FireFly vibe from the show.
So E9 is the season finale? Will have to watch it tonight and yes, agree, gritty space opera in our own backdoor for once.

Gwadien

Oh shit really? Same!

I do have to agree with the criticism it has received though, its unnecessarily complivated at the start - they seemed to introduce a character to explain minute details.

Such as
the coppers partner

I did quite a good job of keeping track of the entire story line but felt wasted after about ep4 haha

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
House of Cards s4 starts 4 March

Just hope its better than s3

Gwadien

Why are TV series dead for a long period of time, and then they call come back at the same time?

Better Call Saul
The Walking Dead
Vikings
The 100
Game of Thrones

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Game of Thrones isn't back 'til April but House of Cards is on in March. And the answer to your question is "seasons".

Gwadien

Game of Thrones isn't back 'til April but House of Cards is on in March. And the answer to your question is "seasons".

My point being I go through periods of like 4 months struggling to find good tv series to watch, then they all come at once!

A clever person would release a good season in the dead period and they wouldn't be competing with the top flight series.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But then they'd lose audience share if the other network had a blockbuster series on so they put all their best stuff out at the same sort of time. Plus they have seasonal schedules.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
I think it has everything to do with stuff like... christmas... new years... sports... and shit like that. There are two major and one minor seasons for series, September - (early) December and, February - May. Then there's the summer series that usually go June to August. I'm quite sure that's because the audience shrinks substantially around the holidays, less viewers - less revenue. I would think that to some minor extent the NFL playoffs, the NBA and, the NHL all having lots of games around january pretty much makes it a dead month.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Quite enjoying Lucifer, up to EP 4. Could be interesting if the main story evolves. It could go the other way though and just turn into a slightly comical never ending detective series.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Quite enjoying Lucifer, up to EP 4. Could be interesting if the main story evolves. It could go the other way though and just turn into a slightly comical never ending detective series.

I don't mind either way as long as it stays this fun, really enjoying it so far. Definite guilty pleasure of the season :flame:

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I watched the first 2 seasons of The 100 but I think I'm just going to abandon it now. I thought it was kinda stupid from the start and all the characters are pretty annoying and make consistently stupid decisions, but the plot/world was just about interesting enough to make me keep watching. Now that the initial story arc seems to have played out and they are introducing new stuff to keep it going I find that I really just don't care. I turned off half way through s03e01.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Why are TV series dead for a long period of time, and then they call come back at the same time?

Better Call Saul
The Walking Dead
Vikings
The 100
Game of Thrones
May sweeps are a big time for them I think so each network releases its best show.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Better Call Saul
The Walking Dead
Vikings
The 100
Game of Thrones
Because they all want to be Saul Goodman but not everyone can hack it ;)

sayward

Resident Freddy
Internet is telling me Vikings series 4 aired on The History Channel last Thursday. But I can't find it on the Sky grid to record. And Sky Never Miss hasn't e mailed. So what's occurring?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Baskets is great. Zach Galifi-whatsit is really good in it, as well as whoever plays Martha and the guy (Louie Anderson) who plays Chip's mum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom