TV New Season!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Hey fuck off pal, my grumpiness is of a distinctly different flavour (read: immeasurably superior) to Wazz's.

And 2.5 men is fucking DIRE. Plus, it's pretty much responsible for getting Megan Fox a career in the industry. Without that, she'd no doubt be the latest Sasha Grey.

It's almost as bad as HIMYM.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Glad they are ending Smallville, stretched it out way too much over the last few years and alot of good will fell away. It deserves a propering ending and I hope they can get the budget to do it justice.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Anyone else giving Hawaii five-0 a chance?

Seriously, they rezzed this? I don't see how anyone can compete with the awesomeness of the original main char!

Slightly off topic. This made me think of THAT scene in The Dish when the Aussies are welcoming the visiting USA dignitaries. One of my favourite cinema moments.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
I'm glad "Fringe" is back this week and "Stargate Universe" next week.

Another one to watch sounds like "The Event". Reviews have it as a bit of Lost with some 24.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Warehouse 13 has (for me) overtaken Eureka. Which is a bit of a shocker considering Eureaka has always ambled along in a gentle fun way while W13 started off fairly crap but has made great strides in quality.

I got around to watching the first ep of Fringe recently and was impressed. It so desperately wants to be X-Files (which I'm pretty sure a lot of Freddies will already have commented on) but manages to still play its hook regardless. I'll watch more :)

I probably would not have checked out Fringe without FH reccomendation so kudos to the Freddies that have been banging on about this for a long time now :)

EDIT: Oh and Fringe has the excellently barking Denethor chap in it. Wonderful :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Just read about the Premiere of 'The Event' seems very interesting from my quick look. Will watch it tonight and drop a note in here about it.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Seems very much like a Lost/Flash Forward wannabe, didn't hold my attention for long after getting bored of the constant flashbacks alluding to some mystical event that I couldn't care less about discovering (funny really considering it's the shows premise) but maybe it will improve after a few eps as apparently the pilots is the most flashback heavy.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
An Idiot Abroad starts tonight on Sky 1 at 9pm. If you miss it, you're an idiot. :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Seems very much like a Lost/Flash Forward wannabe, didn't hold my attention for long after getting bored of the constant flashbacks alluding to some mystical event that I couldn't care less about discovering (funny really considering it's the shows premise) but maybe it will improve after a few eps as apparently the pilots is the most flashback heavy.

Yeah, thought it was very "FlashForward" in tone, and that series was a proper letdown.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Bones & The Mentalist starts today.

So far I'm almost ragequitting Bones, the first scene has Boothe kill an EVIL MUSLIM charging him with an AK-47 yelling Allah Akhbar, he then proceeds to kill the guy and moves on saving a kid being held as a human shield by a terrorist!! and being thanked by the mother.

I'm wondering if Tom Clancy guestwrote this episode.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
spoiler? Also he kills a terrorist. You'll find that most terrorism acts against the US are carried out by, dum de dum! Muslims!

Helme

Resident Freddy
Didn't think it'd need a spoiler since its literary the first minute. I get that part, it's just the way its shown. It couldn't be more AMERICA FUCK YEAH if they tried.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dexter S5 has started :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So has Family Guy

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Supernatural, surprisingly, keeps on trucking and manages to continue almost without effort.

Should be an interesting season....or is ti series in england? :p

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Yeah, thought it was very "FlashForward" in tone, and that series was a proper letdown.
I have to completely disagree with you there DaGaffer.
FlashForward had it's slow moments, but the overall arc of the story picked up pace well in the run up to the end of the series.
The premise of "The End" in FlashForward had the feel of that Nicholas Cage film "Knowing" where EE meant Everybody Else [dying]. The aim of the organisation behind the flashes was to see if it worked on a worldwide scale, then do it again to see if ANYONE had a vision after "The End".

There's a campaign online to try and get at least a TV movie to tie up the loose ends, much the way Alien Nation and Farscape got movies to finish up properly.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Me and the bird got about 6 episodes into Flash Forward before we realised that pushing rusty nails through our own nipples was more fun.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I have to completely disagree with you there DaGaffer.
FlashForward had it's slow moments, but the overall arc of the story picked up pace well in the run up to the end of the series.
The premise of "The End" in FlashForward had the feel of that Nicholas Cage film "Knowing" where EE meant Everybody Else [dying]. The aim of the organisation behind the flashes was to see if it worked on a worldwide scale, then do it again to see if ANYONE had a vision after "The End".

There's a campaign online to try and get at least a TV movie to tie up the loose ends, much the way Alien Nation and Farscape got movies to finish up properly.

Using "Knowing" as a positive plug for Flash Forward isn't going to improve my opinion as I thought that was a pile of shite as well. It doesn't really matter if FF ended well, it had lost most people (including me) before that because of the turgid plot.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Dexter seemed a little underwhelming, but Boardwalk Empire was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom