TV New Season!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Watched the first season and didn't bother with the rest.

I haven't watched a TV advert in years. I only ever use catch-up, or just watch stuff on PC, edit, mostly legal.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I belly laughed at
It's not a rumour
There were loads of laughs in it, like
Peacemaker landing badly off of every one of those balconies, him reeling off a seemingly endless list of names that Economos could've framed instead of his dad, the back and forths between various pairs of characters (mostly involving Peacemaker, Vigilante or Economos), um, the entire opening titles. All of the post-credit scenes were good too.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Has anyone watched Mr Robot? I watched the first 3-4 episodes, and found the premise interesting, but not sure it's worth my time investment to keep going.

As for adverts in America, I couldn't do it. When I moved into my own place, I never got cable TV, just internet. You literally need to do something else while watching TV. Like reading a book. Occasionally I'll try the IMDB channel free movies with adds, but they're structured so that the ads are short at the begining of the movie, but at the end, it's 10 minutes of adverts for 5 minutes of movie.
I'd say you should definitely persevere with Mr. Robot, especially as you like the premise (I imagine it could be a show where a lot of people just don't "get" the premise and consequently find it difficult to engage with). As I recall, one of the biggest complaints of it was that the first and second seasons (especially the second) take a while to get going but once it hits its stride it's an incredible show. It's no accident that one of the episodes in season 4 is the highest rated single episode of any live action show on IMDb.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Has anyone watched Mr Robot? I watched the first 3-4 episodes, and found the premise interesting, but not sure it's worth my time investment to keep going.

As for adverts in America, I couldn't do it. When I moved into my own place, I never got cable TV, just internet. You literally need to do something else while watching TV. Like reading a book. Occasionally I'll try the IMDB channel free movies with adds, but they're structured so that the ads are short at the begining of the movie, but at the end, it's 10 minutes of adverts for 5 minutes of movie.

It took me two attempts to watch the second season but it absolutely gets better and is worth it. One of the few shows we'll end up watching again to see if we missed any small hidden details.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I gave up on S2. So it's deffo worth it? All seasons?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am super hyped now for the last 3 eplsodes of LoVM the series is really quite brlliant... when reading the reviews of the first two episodes I could agree that in part they all came across as a bunch of misfits and Scanlan (the Bard) was just very difficult to like (especially as when they started recording their campaign they had all been together for a while) ... however having seen the next 7 episodes they have really managed the character development well.... in the campaign I loved Scanlan and the brillance of Sam Riegel - he was very chaotic but some of the greatest outcomes thoughout all of the arcs were of his making... EP7 in the series was just one of those instances

cock lightening coming to life in animation was well worth the wait as well as the polymorph... the whole episode scanbo has the essence of how it went down in game - superb"

I really do recommend you give it a watch if you like animated violence, some scenes of sexual nature and base humor :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I am super hyped now for the last 3 eplsodes of LoVM the series is really quite brlliant... when reading the reviews of the first two episodes I could agree that in part they all came across as a bunch of misfits and Scanlan (the Bard) was just very difficult to like (especially as when they started recording their campaign they had all been together for a while) ... however having seen the next 7 episodes they have really managed the character development well.... in the campaign I loved Scanlan and the brillance of Sam Riegel - he was very chaotic but some of the greatest outcomes thoughout all of the arcs were of his making... EP7 in the series was just one of those instances

cock lightening coming to life in animation was well worth the wait as well as the polymorph... the whole episode scanbo has the essence of how it went down in game - superb"

I really do recommend you give it a watch if you like animated violence, some scenes of sexual nature and base humor :)

@Yoni

Counter Spell.

Also can't wait to hear the Grog and sword interaction.

The Keyleth sun tree scene was great. Loved the redemption.

That made me giggle. Can't wait for the next season.

Few minor things I hope they add. But it wouldn't work in a TV show. You know.. Shopping.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
@Yoni

Counter Spell.

Also can't wait to hear the Grog and sword interaction.

The Keyleth sun tree scene was great. Loved the redemption.

That made me giggle. Can't wait for the next season.

Few minor things I hope they add. But it wouldn't work in a TV show. You know.. Shopping.
@Overdriven
If there is no Grog / Craven Edge toilet scene or Victor in S2….I will feel a little cheated ;/

Watched the final three episodes last night... just WOW it was superb .... I will probably watch it again several times before S2 comes out.

I loved how they timed Pikes disappearance with the antimagic orb (paying homage to the outage she had on skype in that episode). The humor landed really well in the last three episodes including "Captain Winky" . I am also very happy that they did not tie up the arc fully so hopefully we will see it all come full circle in S3 or 4. Orthax visually represented was brilliant - for such a lovely man Mercer doees villans so well....offset by Talisen Jaffe showing just how talented he can be

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is it available anywhere legally?
Probably via a VPN and a subscription but other than that not right now I don't think. Paramount+ is going to be a channel on Sky later in the year though. Apart from Yellowstone and 1883 (and the upcoming 1932 - another spinoff) I don't know what else there is on there to watch.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So I watched the opening scene of Yellowstone and went "will watch" but knew it would be a hard watch for the o/h - but so was Breaking Bad.

So. Go. Or no?

#Freddyadvice

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yellowstone and 1883 are fucking brilliant tv shows. Well worth the investment.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Peaky fooking Blinders season 6 has started...
...with a nice "send off" for Helen McCrory. I was wondering how they'd write Polly out but they didn't mess about it and it was very tasteful.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Peaky fooking Blinders season 6 has started...
...with a nice "send off" for Helen McCrory. I was wondering how they'd write Polly out but they didn't mess about it and it was very tasteful.

Its interesting that are happy to use the real Oswald Mosely as a character but they are shying away from using Joseph Kennedy (even though "uncle Jack" is obviously based on him). Probably worried about getting sued.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thought it was great, a little cliched at times but fuck it, it works.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I really enjoyed the new Vikings: Valhalla TV show. I only got to about season 3 or 4 in the original Vikings before I lost interest, but this is much better.

DaGaffer

I really enjoyed the new Vikings: Valhalla TV show. I only got to about season 3 or 4 in the original Vikings before I lost interest, but this is much better.

Watching it the moment; I too gave up on the last series and am enjoying this; even though its playing fast and loose with history again (stuffing two people together for Canute's character for example) and like the last series we're going to get 70-80 years smushed together.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Watching it the moment; I too gave up on the last series and am enjoying this; even though its playing fast and loose with history again (stuffing two people together for Canute's character for example) and like the last series we're going to get 70-80 years smushed together.

Yes, they seem to have mashed together 15 years (~1000 to ~1015) into one timeline. Ah well, don't let history get in the way of a good story. Seventy years is a bit of a stretch, it's all over by 1066. We can hope they make a TV show about the Normans once this is all done. Queen Emma's line about not believing in ghosts was pretty badass. " You married a Norman. We create nightmares. "

DaGaffer

Yes, they seem to have mashed together 15 years (~1000 to ~1015) into one timeline. Ah well, don't let history get in the way of a good story. Seventy years is a bit of a stretch, it's all over by 1066. We can hope they make a TV show about the Normans once this is all done. Queen Emma's line about not believing in ghosts was pretty badass. " You married a Norman. We create nightmares. "

They're actually mashing together three timelines because they're pushing Leif Ericsson's big trip to America to later (in this story he should have already been to Vinland, but they're obviously going to make it 20-30 years later). That's why I said 70 years; they're reaching back and forward.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They have to really. While important things happened during the period, obvs, it happened over time and nobody wants to watch people sitting around doing nothing most of the time.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They have to really. While important things happened during the period, obvs, it happened over time and nobody wants to watch people sitting around doing nothing most of the time.

You can still make it fun without completely butchering history - see Bernard Cornwell.

I think the main problem with is it is that we know so much more about the current setting than we do about the original Vikings, so they could afford to be a bit more creative for the latter but there's so many issues with the new one.

I do suspect that most of the review bombing comes from the black jarl though.

DaGaffer

I do suspect that most of the review bombing comes from the black jarl though.

Probably, and I'll freely admit I rolled my eyes when I first saw her, but at least they bothered to address it directly and give an explanation, which was of course historically bollocks, but narratively fine. I still find the whole shield maiden thing tedious though.

On the flip side, the pagan/Christian shift is a really interesting part of the period so its good that its being addressed, and Leif Ericsson really did convert in Europe (Norway) and then go back to Greenland to convert the locals.

They could have made the entire series just about Cnut, who frankly had an incredible life, and they would barely have had to fictionalise anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom