TV New Season!

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
The Deuce is also very good. Made by James Franco for James Franco, but surprisingly, very good.

It's got a "The Wire" vibe to it.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
The Deuce is also very good. Made by James Franco for James Franco, but surprisingly, very good.

It's got a "The Wire" vibe to it.

Since it's made by the same guy who created The Wire (David Simon) that's not very surprising.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
q6Essbd.jpg

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Surely "the crowd" is made up of a much bigger population of star trek fans?

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
I never followed Star Trek - doubt i've seen an entire season in my life. Bits and bobs from TV airing.

But I enjoy Orville.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
TV series are shit for ratings.

I've seen some super weird series get like 7.0 but if they were a film they wouldn't get 2.

Zarjazz

Mr Robot season 3 has started.

I have no idea what is happening or where the fuck it's going.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Im really liking The Orville, watched 5 so far, I thing 6 is up too

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Mr Robot season 3 has started.

I have no idea what is happening or where the fuck it's going.
This is the problem I have with Mr Robot. Everyone raves about it but it's taken me at least 4 episodes to get in to each of the first 2 seasons.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've not touched the Orville yet but Discovery really isn't making me care about any of the characters, also:
You don't create any shock value killing off a crew member if you make it so obvious that you are going to kill off said crew member

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This is the problem I have with Mr Robot. Everyone raves about it but it's taken me at least 4 episodes to get in to each of the first 2 seasons.
I loved mt robot one and two. Not tried three yet. Never had an issue workng out what was happening in the story

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not not knowing what was going on, I just wasn't grabbed by it until midway through each season.

Zarjazz

I loved mt robot one and two. Not tried three yet. Never had an issue workng out what was happening in the story

Same here but this first episode of the new season was well ... weird.

Suddenly instead of a serious drama about a hacker (with dramatic license of course) we now get:

His father was part of the whole Phase 2 thing early on and that was probably why he was killed. Very convenient.

and

A whole load of new plot hints at sci-fi elements and time-travel. Errr ... wat?!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I gave up on Orville after episode 2. Not enough cuddles.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I reverse my position on Orville - the last one I watched had an almost identical soundtrack to Star Trek:The Motion Picture - he's clearly an absolute Star Trek fanboi and really wants to make that, rather than a comedy. Episode quality has improved quite a bit too. :)

Discovery is fucking awful. It's nothing to do with Star Trek. I'm watching out of some weird desire to watch the car crash happening. :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Surely "the crowd" is made up of a much bigger population of star trek fans?

The Orville is just TNG with knob gags that don’t work (other than the leg thing the ginger pilot guy is the single most annoying thing in the show; you’d throw him out of the airlock). I found myself fast forwarding through the latest episode because the comedy kept breaking the scenes. I also find the constant 20/21st century pop culture references annoying; it obviously happened in various Trek series’ as well, but not every conversation.

Discovery certainly has its issues, and I’d agree with @Scouse that it’s “not Trek” and also as a prequel it’s fraught with issues (all this weird organic space travel will have to go back in its box at some point - and they’re already telegraphing how), but at least it’s not just a ripoff of something else.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Agree with DaGaffer. I'd started enjoying Orville episodes 3-5 then in 6 the humour got much more cringe worthy.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Looks like the following start again this week if anyone watches these:

Super Girl S3
The Flash S4
Mr Robot S3
Dirk Gently S2

Other things starting again this month:

Travelers S2
Stranger Things S2
Blindspot S3
Zapped S2

Anyone know if Dirk Gently is going to be on regular BBC or just BBC America? It started last night apparently but I can't seem to find it in any of the usual places.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Anyone know if Dirk Gently is going to be on regular BBC or just BBC America? It started last night apparently but I can't seem to find it in any of the usual places.

I think it's on BBC America only for now

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
@caLLous if it was you talking about Fear the Walking Dead - don't bother, it's a load of kak, I've just finished it and basically the huge finale was kinda not even relevant to the rest of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom